Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gobbocon 2017, War Hammer Age of Sigmar Tournament - 1,200 points - 4 games
Raven
post Jan 21 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 504

Gobbocon 2017 - 1,200 Point - 1 day - 4 games - War Hammer Age of Sigmar Tournament

Sunday 19th March 2017 - 0900 to 1800

Southern War Gamers - Activity Rooms 1 & 2 - YMCA Holdfast Bay Community Centre, King George Avenue, Hove.
0900 Briefing and event finished by 1800

Price $30-00 includes lunch. Soft Drinks $1-50 and Bottled Water $1-00 available at the club.

Games Master - Matthew Weiss

Players Pack from Matthew Weiss - see later item of this thread

To secure your place please contact Mike - 0415 394 717 or via e-mail - mike@bettanet.net.au
For catering and prize planning purposes - entries / payments close on the Thursday before the event.

Payment options -
1. Cash payment at the club,
2. Cheque or Money Order payment to M.Richardson and posted to mike or
3. EFT to the club account:
Name: M.A.Richardson
Bank: Bank SA
Branch: Oaklands Park
BSB: 105-131
Account: 057317240

Results

1. Ben Macey..................1st Place
2. Andreas Nicolay..........2nd Place
3. Colin Green................Best Order player award
4. Cole Newman..............Best Chaos player award
5. Matthew Weiss............TO
6. Alex Sobiecki...............Best Destruction player award
7. Nick Conlan
8. Dion Lamont................Best Death player award
9. Michael Bevan
10.Andrei Leucuta...........TO's choice award
11.Alex Morris
12.Christian Lawrence
13.Andy Goodacre
14.Jeremy Hill................Players' choice award

Well done guys and great job Mathew with planing and running the event armata_PDT_37.gif

See below in this thread for full scoring breakdown

This post has been edited by Raven: Mar 20 2017, 08:05 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
weissm
post Jan 23 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,267

Hi all,
Please find the players pack below. As updates are made, I'll highlight them to make them stand out. Lets make the first AoS Matched Play event at Southern Wargamers a good one!

Southern Wargamers presents: Gobbocon 2017
1200pt Vanguard Age of Sigmar Matched Play Tournament
Sunday the 19th of March, Holdfast Bay Community Centre

The Event:
The tournament is a one day, four round 1200pt Age of Sigmar matched play even using the Vanguard level army composition rules.

Tickets:
Entry cost $30 and includes a full day of gaming and lunch provided. This should be paid before the tournament and can be paid in the following ways:
1. Cash payment at the club,
2. Cheque or Money Order payment to M.Richardson and posted to mike or
3. EFT to the club account:
Name: M.A.Richardson
Bank: Bank SA
Branch: Oaklands Park
BSB: 105-131
Account: 057317240

To secure your place please contact Mike - 0415 394 717 or via e-mail - mike@bettanet.net.au

Venue:
The venue location is Holdfast Bay Community Centre, King George Ave, Hove.

Tournament Schedule:
  • 08:45-09:00 - Sign In
  • 09:00-10:45 - Game 1 - Take and Hold
  • 11:00-12:45 - Game 2 - Escalation
  • 12:45-13:15 - Lunch
  • 13:15 - 15:00 - Game 3 - Blood and Glory
  • 15:15 - 17:00 - Game 4 - Gift from the Heavens
  • 17:15-17:30 - Packup and Awards Ceremony
What to bring:
Warscrolls, Battalions and rulebooks required for your army
2 copies of your army list
Dice
Tape Measure
Objective markers
Pen and paper

Tournament Format:
Gobbocon will be using the General’s Handbook
Armies are selected from the Matched Play pitched battle profiles using the Vanguard force selection with a maximum of 1200 points.
Only Warscrolls and Warscroll Battalions with Pitched Battle profiles will be included in the event.
All models must be played WYSIWYG. Conversions are absolutely allowed and are encouraged.
For example, you could not use Black Knights as Tomb Kings Skeleton Horsemen straight out of the box. You could however convert some awesome Egyptian Black Knights and use those as Skeleton Horsemen if you so desired.

All command traits/magic items/artefacts/spells/etc must be chosen and written on your army list
All points to be taken from the Generals Handbook except for Stormcast Eternals and Disciples of Tzeentch which use the points from their respective books (We will not be using the pre-testing GHBv2)

Magic Items:
Every army is able to take 1 Gobbocon magic item for free. This item may be given to any Hero in your army that has not already been given any magical item/power available to your army regularly.
Totem of Encouragement – Count the number of friendly units within 12” with 5 or more models. Each of these units gains halve that number (rounding up) and gain it as a bonus to their bravery score in the battleshock phase.
Sneaky Backstabber – In the combat phase, if there are more friendly units within 6” than enemy units, choose one weapon of your choice (cannot be mounts weapon) to receive +1 attack and +1 damage.
Wizbang’s Foci – One use only, change a failed casting roll into a successful one but the wielder takes 1 mortal wound or D3 mortal wounds if the required casting roll is more than 7.
Lucky Charm – The models armour save is changed to 3+. If after an enemy unit finishes making attacks against the model and it has failed any armour saves, for the remainder of the battle the armour save reverts back to normal.
Tricksy Traps - Secretly nominate one piece of terrain on the board after deployment is completed. This piece of terrain has been booby trapped. Once per battle in your Hero phase, you may choose a single enemy unit within 3” of that terrain piece. Reveal they have walked into your trap, and roll a D6. On a 1 nothing happens, on a 2-3 the enemy unit halves their movement until your next hero phase, on a 4-5 the unit sufers D3 mortal wounds and on a 6 the unit suffers both the negative effects.
One Shot Wonder - Once per battle, choose one weapon choice (not your mounts) before attacking with that weapon in the combat phase. For this combat phase, the attacks of that weapon are halved (rounding up), but the damage is changed to D6.

House Rules:
All measuring will be done from base to base, regardless of whether they are based on square or round bases.
All terrain starting on the board will be mysterious terrain and will not use warscroll rules. Any terrain bought as battalion warscrolls, allegiance abilities, summoned, etc will use the full warscroll rules for that terrain piece.

Matchups and Scoring:
The first round will have random match ups. Each round after that will be swiss drawn based on your match score.
Clubs and Grand Alliances
To break ties in matchups, where possible we will try to avoid matching up club mates, regular opponents or armies from the same grand alliance. This includes the first round (which is random matchup). Please let the TO know at registration if you belong to a club.

Match Scoring
You will automatically achieve a set number of points based on how well your army did during the match.
Major Victory - 15 points
Minor Victory - 12 points
Draw - 6 points
Loss - 1 point
In addition, please add up the number of Victory Points your army dealt to the opposing army. This will be used for tie breaking scores during swiss pairing.

Painting Score
Your army will receive a painting score based on the following criteria
At least half your army is painted to 3 colours minimum
Your entire army is painted to 3 colours minimum
Your entire army has highlighting/shading
Your entire army is based
Your army has conversions
Your army has a painted centrepiece model with highlighting/shading and basing
Your army has an accompanying theme or backstory (More than just being part of the same sub-faction). You should be able to give a brief outline of your army to gain this point.

Each of the above will gain you a single painting point up to a maximum of 5 points. At the end of the tournament, you will gain this number of points for each round of the tournament.

Composition and Sportsmanship
There will be no composition score at this event. Please note that people are still expected to conduct themselves in a friendly manner. Intimidation to over the top gamey attitudes will not be tolerated. Any issues with people should be raised with the TO.
Note: There will definitely be no composition score that will effect your final placements, but we may give out a Sportsmanship award based on the amount of prizes we can offer. This will be publicly advertised before the day if this occurs.

Glorious Prizes
Final prizes to be determined based on numbers, but ideally there will be at least one prize for the best player of each Grand Alliance. These prizes will be confirmed closer to the date.

Tie breaking will occur based on the sum of opponents scores.
Your final score for the tournament is calculated as follows:
Battle 1 + Battle 2 + Battle 3 + Battle 4 + 4*Painting = Total Score

A sneak peak, these prizes will be up for grabs on the day (plus perhaps more!)
Note that you can only win the highest value prize, if the player who wins the prize already has a higher value one then the prize will default to the next eligible player.
1st Place - Win the tournament, be the greatest player of all
Champion of Order - The highest placing Order player
Lord of Chaos - The highest placing Chaos player
Despot of Death - The highest placing Death player
Warlord of Destruction - The highest placing Destruction player
People's Choice - Every player will vote on which player they decide has a cool army, amazing to play against, etc

--------
2017-03-16 - Listed some prizes
2017-03-06- Clarified how the lucky charm save works.
2017-02-23 - Added point clarifying when to choose magic items/command traits/etc. Clarified swiss drawing based on your match points.
2017-02-19 - All points to be taken from Generals Handbook unless superceded in a more recent army book.
2017-01-24 - Added WYSIWYG specific requirement.

This post has been edited by weissm: Mar 16 2017, 02:01 PM
+Quote Post
Mace108
post Jan 23 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,623

Can I use black knights as skeletal horseman? For a the Death allegiance ability a hero can auto summon, does this auto summon utilise the casters choice in the number of models summoned eg a roll of 5 would summon in 10 skeletons but a roll of 10 would summon 20. Can the auto summon caster choose 10 or 20 models if allowed with reserve points.
+Quote Post
weissm
post Jan 24 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mace108 @ Jan 23 2017, 09:37 PM) *
Can I use black knights as skeletal horseman?

Only if they were converted in such a way to represent Tomb Kings Skeleteal Horsemen. I have added a section into the players pack to note that WYSIWYG. So if you have converted Tomb Kings Horsemen based off the Black Knight kit, awesome. If you're just looking to proxy, not so much.

For a the Death allegiance ability a hero can auto summon, does this auto summon utilise the casters choice in the number of models summoned eg a roll of 5 would summon in 10 skeletons but a roll of 10 would summon 20. Can the auto summon caster choose 10 or 20 models if allowed with reserve points.

I'll get back to you on this one. I can't find any FAQ rulings about the Sword of Unholy Power at the moment.
+Quote Post
Gormath
post Feb 3 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,373

Just putting down my expression of interest. Stormcasts. Will confirm with payment when I lock it in!

--------------------
+Quote Post
weissm
post Feb 4 2017, 01:27 PM
Post #6

For a the Death allegiance ability a hero can auto summon, does this auto summon utilise the casters choice in the number of models summoned eg a roll of 5 would summon in 10 skeletons but a roll of 10 would summon 20. Can the auto summon caster choose 10 or 20 models if allowed with reserve points.

Hi mate,
The ruling will be (unless a FAQ comes and overrides it later), that you only summon the minimum amount of models due to making no dice roll. Since you didn't roll a 10 or more, you can't summon the bonus skeletons.
Sorry if this puts a hole in your plans.

QUOTE(Gormath @ Feb 3 2017, 01:17 PM) *

Just putting down my expression of interest. Stormcasts. Will confirm with payment when I lock it in!

Cool mate, I know a few of my regulars are definitely interested and they're all good guys, so should be a great day. Hope you can make it smile.gif
+Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 19 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #7

Gobbocon is the next tournament on at Southern Wargamers - Matthew has put together a great day of Age of Sigmar gaming so get your registrations in! armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post
weissm
post Feb 27 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #8

Gobbocon is now less than 3 months out. Get paint on those mini's and your registrations entered, because it's gonna be a good one!
+Quote Post
4ndi
post Mar 1 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,579

I think I will show my chaos daemons south Brighton biggrin.gif. I am in!

--------------------
Papa nurgle wants you!
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 3 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(4ndi @ Mar 1 2017, 06:34 PM) *

I think I will show my chaos daemons south Brighton biggrin.gif. I am in!

Awesome mate, sounds good! The more entrants we get signed up before the day the bigger the prize pool will be. Hopefully will have some good news on that front to announce closer to the date.
+Quote Post
kore5022
post Mar 8 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 12,596

Regarding stormcast. Are you using points listed in generals handbook if there not in the new book such warscroll batallions

There still on the official azyr list building all if that makes any difference

This post has been edited by kore5022: Mar 9 2017, 12:14 AM
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 9 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(kore5022 @ Mar 8 2017, 04:05 PM) *

Regarding stormcast. Are you using points listed in generals handbook if there not in the new book such warscroll batallions

There still on the official azyr list building all if that makes any difference

Do you have any battalion in particular you are looking to run?

Yes, you can use anything that still has official points and provided by GW in the Azyr app.

My personal thoughts (regardless of ruling above) are anything from Stormcast v1 and Extremis aren't legal anymore. Anything in Stormcast v2 and Grand Alliance : Order are, as those are the current things in print and available to anyone.

If you are looking to run something from Stormcast v1 or Extremis, and they still have points in the app, I'll just give a warning and say I hope I don't hear anyone complaining on the day about some busted battalion from a legacy book being used. Will I do anything about it? Well, not this event but for certain it'd be on my agenda for any future events I run.
I don't know if everything from those books were migrated over to Stormcast v2 or not, but I'd hope that the only reason people would take anything from those books would be for fluff and theme, and not to bring out a busted battalion that wasn't migrated for a reason.

This post has been edited by weissm: Mar 9 2017, 01:09 PM
+Quote Post
kore5022
post Mar 9 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,596

Thats fine, ill make an army out of something from the new book or grand alliance order more looking at what options were available rather than something specific
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 14 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(kore5022 @ Mar 9 2017, 05:05 PM) *

Thats fine, ill make an army out of something from the new book or grand alliance order more looking at what options were available rather than something specific

No problem mate. The stormcast book being re-released so close to Gobbo makes it hard to see what the rest of the wider world is ruling.

In other news! Looks like we got a few more recruits over the long weekend. It's awesome that we're up to 10 people, but lets see if we can breach 12! That's where the real fun starts.
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 14 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #15

Have updated with the prizes I can confirm will occur.
Big thanks to our sponsors for the event. The Hobby Matrix has chipped in some vouchers free of charge, and Military Hobbies supports us in discounted vouchers.
Final prize support will be determined once numbers are finalized later on in the week.
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 16 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #16

Getting closer to the date now, and have listed some of the prizes you can take away this Sunday. Final prizes will be announced on the day, but even now at this stage over half the field will be taking home a prize!

This post has been edited by weissm: Mar 16 2017, 01:16 PM
+Quote Post
Raven
post Mar 18 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #17

Reminder that tomorrow is Gobbocon 2017 and the club will be open from 0900 - also there is the bay to city fun run on tomorrow morning so if you need to cross over Anzac Highway the best place is the south road underpass.
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 19 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #18

The results are in, with 14 players (including myself) participating in the end.
Thanks to all who came out to make our first Age of Sigmar event a great day for all. We even managed to finish early!
Tie breaking was done on strength of opponents score. That determined the placings of the guys in the middle of the pack smile.gif

CODE
Place  Name                Alliance     Army               Battle  Paint  VP Earned  Total  Award
1      Ben Macey           Death        Mixed              60      20      840       80     1st Place
2      Andreas Nicolay     Chaos        Nurgle             46      20     3240       66     2nd Place
3      Colin Green         Order        Stormcast          43      16     2570       59     Best Order
4      Cole Newman         Chaos        Bloodbound         43       8     3780       51     Best Chaos
5      Mathew Weiss        Chaos        Slaves             29      20     1560       49
6      Alex Sobiecki       Destruction  Ironjawz           29      20     1960       49     Best Destruction
7      Nick Conlan         Destruction  Ironjawz           29      20     2080       49
8      Dion Lamont         Death        Flesheater Courts  29      20     3100       49     Best Death
9      Michael Bevan       Destruction  Ironjawz           29      20     2560       49
10     Andrei Leucuta      Destruction  Beastclaw          29      20     2440       49     TO's Choice
11     Alex Morris         Order        Stormcast          18      20     2500       38
12     Christian Lawrence  Chaos        Tzeentch           18      12     1920       30
13     Andy Goodacre       Destruction  Mixed               9      16      320       25
14     Jeremy Hill         Order        Sylvaneth           9       4     2160       13     Player's Choice

This post has been edited by weissm: Mar 20 2017, 07:23 AM
+Quote Post
4ndi
post Mar 19 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 13,579

Thanks for organising the tournament and thanks to my openents, I had a blast.

Papa nurgle has some new friends to play with in his garden of filth!

--------------------
Papa nurgle wants you!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 05:02 AM