Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CotT 15 Player list, A full account of who's going
Good ol Shakey
post Feb 18 2015, 09:34 AM
Post #61

shakeshakeshakeyshake

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,979

You go over an opponents list before each game. The only time you usually hear from a to is if there is an issue.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nidbits
post Feb 18 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,215

Oh good
Haven't heard anything yet lol
+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 18 2015, 10:46 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 10,137

Happy to share my proposed list.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirby
post Feb 18 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 9,587

Hey guys,

Re IA some people have contacted me advising they would prefer not I'm afraid and given this was in the player pack we're going to honor this given the short notice so no list re-submits will be needed.

I am reviewing lists as we speak and will advise you if there is an issue - if you don't hear from me as Shakey said, this is good news smile.gif.

I don't think anyone has failed to send their list in to date...

--------------------
3++ is the new black - Wargaming Blog
+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 18 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #65

mad.gif
Would have been nice to get a straight answer a couple of weeks ago. Before I spent 40 odd hours panting my army for this.
At least I hadn't paid.

..and TOs wonder why its hard to get numbers at their events.

This post has been edited by Plebicidal: Feb 18 2015, 10:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Starfire
post Feb 19 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 7,286

QUOTE(Plebicidal @ Feb 18 2015, 11:39 PM) *

mad.gif
Would have been nice to get a straight answer a couple of weeks ago. Before I spent 40 odd hours panting my army for this.
At least I hadn't paid.

..and TOs wonder why its hard to get numbers at their events.

They won't get increasing player numbers by making last minute changes that will piss off more people than they will appease.

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 19 2015, 09:29 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(Starfire @ Feb 19 2015, 10:04 AM) *

They won't get increasing player numbers by making last minute changes that will piss off more people than they will appease.

Who is pissed off by this?
Seriously, who actually cares that someone wants to bring a sub optimal fw unit in a list thats softer than a fruitarians sh!t?

Barring players from using models in their collection because "read the players pack", while allowing anyone to take an allied knight titan.. or allowing draigo, tiggy & coteaz to buddy up with a unit of centurions.. that pisses people off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Good ol Shakey
post Feb 19 2015, 09:36 AM
Post #68

shakeshakeshakeyshake

Pleb, he set a standard, he wasn't able to contact you properly due to no Internet, he tried to change it, but some people had issue.

It's a shame cause I love your paint work.
+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 19 2015, 09:42 AM
Post #69

QUOTE(Good ol Shakey @ Feb 19 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Pleb, he set a standard, he wasn't able to contact you properly due to no Internet, he tried to change it, but some people had issue.

It's a shame cause I love your paint work.

I know..

Just pissed because I busted a nut getting that army looking the shiz.
Literally down to finishing off the display base & they will be my new best ever painted army.. IG aircav in freehand tartan kilts?
Who wouldn't want kilts flapping in the updraft of valkyries at their tourney?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Good ol Shakey
post Feb 19 2015, 10:20 AM
Post #70

shakeshakeshakeyshake

Forge World still has a negative stigma unfortunately, with people tarring it all with the same brush. I think if anything it is the late notice (no ones fault), as people have had practise with a list, then find out they can add fw...

Its a shame... Can you add a unit for the same points? or use it as a counts as?
+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 19 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #71

QUOTE(Good ol Shakey @ Feb 19 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Forge World still has a negative stigma unfortunately, with people tarring it all with the same brush. I think if anything it is the late notice (no ones fault), as people have had practise with a list, then find out they can add fw...

Its a shame... Can you add a unit for the same points? or use it as a counts as?

Ya, FW doesnt deserve the reputation it has. A lot of work went into ensuring the units in IA books are no longer unbalanced/unbalancing. There are a few odd exceptions, but they are few & far between.. It'd be easier to maintain a list of the dodgey units & just ban them.
Even then, most only become an issue when in specific combinations..

As to the time, I actually first asked when the date was announced last year. I renewed my asking over the last few weeks after hearing that there may be potential to include it by TO exception.

Nah, vulture is a vulture.. & it looks like a vulture. To be honest, I really just wanted a chance to put it on the table. I love the model, but its been stored away for years, unbuilt.. slowly gathering dust.
Finally built & painted it specifically for this army.. & fast tracked the army specifically for this tourney.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirby
post Feb 19 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #72

Max I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier to see if others were open to having FW included with enough time for people to accommodate changes. As Jay has said, and I have said whenever I have popped in here, I have been difficult to contact online lately for a variety of reasons - when I did get a message from people on facebook I responded to look at the player's pack because I didn't actually recall what I had put in (as we had FW last year but not in years previous).

I'm more than happy for you to use it as counts-as for a Valk or Vendetta or be a gumby player on the day if you don't want to play without being able to use it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Plebicidal
post Feb 20 2015, 09:30 AM
Post #73

QUOTE(Kirby @ Feb 19 2015, 11:22 PM) *

Max I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier to see if others were open to having FW included with enough time for people to accommodate changes. As Jay has said, and I have said whenever I have popped in here, I have been difficult to contact online lately for a variety of reasons - when I did get a message from people on facebook I responded to look at the player's pack because I didn't actually recall what I had put in (as we had FW last year but not in years previous).

I'm more than happy for you to use it as counts-as for a Valk or Vendetta or be a gumby player on the day if you don't want to play without being able to use it.

Thanks for the offer.
Not enough points to sub it as a vendetta & already running two valks.. would look weird.
The list is soft enough as it is.. the vulture was it teeth & to be honest, the heart of the army (I literally built the army around it).
Theme being forward ground cav with air support.. to go into it even further, my relic objective is a non combat imperial official of high importance, that has been located by forward scouts. Lord commissar & his elite retinue airdrop in to ensure that vip is successfully secured. The vulture is the backbone of the commissars reaction force.

Also, skipped finishing touches last night due to no longer needing to rush.. & more importantly, now have been roped into a lunch with the mother-in-law sad.gif

Maybe next year.
Im looking to help the community comp guys to get FW fully incorporated into their system, so hopefully that will help.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirby
post Feb 20 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #74

Ew lunch sad.gif.

No worries - I do apologise from my end; poor Anthony thought I had bailed on him for running the tournament I've been so out of touch and 3++ has basically been Matt / Puppy posting.

Hopefully this gives me the kick I need smile.gif.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Nidbits
post Feb 21 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #75

Just a question about a basic rule.
For grav guns immobilising vehicles, is it true that if a vehicle is immobilised by a grav gun 3 times it's destroyed even if it's a Landraider with 4 hull points to start with? Is it destroyed after the 3rd immobilisation or does it survive with 1 hull point left?
+Quote Post
gaz1858
post Feb 21 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #76

Member No.: 12,484

An initial 6 causes an immobilised result. Each 6 thereafter removes 2 hull points
+Quote Post
Nidbits
post Feb 21 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #77

Under normal penetrating hits I umderstand because they penetrate the armour using normal rules and roll an immobilising result. But what about grav guns? It's a special rule and specifically says in rules makes vehicle immobilised and takes 1 hull point. Grav gun rule doesn't say to use the damage chart or specifies about additional hull point damage if already immobilised. Any ideas?
+Quote Post
Good ol Shakey
post Feb 21 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #78

shakeshakeshakeyshake

Any immobilised result beyond the first causes an additional hulk point. Not matter the source.
+Quote Post
jasonc
post Feb 22 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #79

Inquisitor Aristaeus

Member No.: 7,140

Its actually a debatable point - but the Australian FAQ has ruled it as such.

"When a weapon with the Graviton special rule rolls a 6 for armour penetration against an already Immobilized vehicle, two hull points are removed."

--------------------
Aus ETC Vice Captain
NSW ATC Captain
Sydney Hammer House Captain
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 05:39 AM