Reply to this topicStart new topic
> interested in playing lotr
mic
post Dec 26 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,451

Hi All
When the army supplements first came out I brought them all(at an extremely low price from the UK), it seems like just a couple of years ago, I have a pdf copy of the 2005 SBG rules and have read that the new Hobbit rules are crap (bow fire is has been watered down, etc.)
Is this true? are the 2005 rules better. what rules are people playing with.
Will GW be discontinuing this game? not a bad thing I suppose except that the minis will sky rocket in price on ebay lol
I will have a look at this forum for more info
cheers regards Mick

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Isilduin
post Dec 28 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,856

Hi Mick,

First up, this forum is unfortunately pretty much dead. I only check here to direct people to the Facebook group I moderate, but I think you may have already joined yesterday so no worries. You're likely to get a much bigger/better response to your questions there.

Now I can't speak for everyone, but personally I think the newer rules are a huge improvement on the old ones. You no longer have endless waves of models with a single hero leading them, Grey Company dominating everyone with ridiculously powerful bowfire or Monsters that can be tied up by a single model each turn. The only change that I think wasn't needed is what's called 'Special Strikes', but in the end you don't even have to use those.

So yes, everyone is playing with the new rules and not the old ones.

There's a good chance that GW will discontinue the line in between 1 and 3 years. Can't say for certain but that's the way I think it will go. Luckily there's a pretty big community across Australia now, coming together for tournaments on a regular basis. There's a good player base in all the major cities. And I know for a fact there is a fan supplement currently being worked on that I think will outstrip anything GW has released in a long time.

Anyway, if you have any more questions I'd recommend throwing them onto the Facebook group, you'll get a lot more responses.

Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
LOTR/Hobbit Awards:
2010: Epic Moment - Heroes of the East Melbourne; 3rd Place - The Silmarilli Melbourne
2011: Best Sportsman - Minimize Melbourne; 2nd Place - Narsil Singles Melbourne; 2nd Place - Heroes of the East Melbourne; Biggest Beat Down - Heroes of the East Melbourne; Best Army - Conflict Melbourne WOTR
2012: 1st Place - Cancon Canberra; 3rd Place - The One Ring Brisbane; The Loremaster - Minimize Melbourne; 1st Place - War-torn Melbourne; 3rd Place - Narsil Singles Sydney; 2nd Place - Supreme Commander Sydney; Best General - Conflict Melbourne; Tardiest Player - Masters of Battle Adelaide
2013: Tolkien Award - Arcanacon Melbourne; 2nd Place - Cavalry Charge Melbourne; The Loremaster - Minimize Melbourne; 3rd Place - War-torn Melbourne; 3rd Place - The Fields of Pelennor Adelaide; 1st Place - 2nd Legion Hobbit Tournament Sunshine Coast
2014: 1st Place - War of Melton Shire Melbourne
+Quote Post
mic
post Dec 28 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,451

Thanks for the reply Matt. yep joined the fb group thanks. see you there
regards mic
+Quote Post
Morgrim
post Dec 29 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,692

whats the FB link? I am restarting my LOTR and want to know what to buy etc....oh and I so want a Dain figure!

This post has been edited by Morgrim: Dec 29 2014, 06:00 PM

--------------------
Cheers

Morgrim
+Quote Post
Runescape
post Dec 30 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,016

Here is the link to the facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146832525446670/
+Quote Post
Matt--ShadowLord
post Mar 26 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,932

True - the facebook page is really lively - it's a constant flow of paint work, modelling, conversions and battle reports.
I highly recommend it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2020 - 08:56 PM