Post #1

dulydude

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,456

S.I.T.H Presents
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE ANNUAL SLOW GROW LEAGUE
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s that time again for THE SLOW GROW LEAGUE!!!

As per usual, this is not a competitive slow grow league but a chance for new players to come into the game and learn the rules as much as a chance for regular players to start new factions or use their neglected third or fourth faction! There will be no tracking of points between matches and no overall winner.

As per usual it will start at 125 points with the basic rules and as the months go on we will increase the point cap and the number of rules involved, allowing those newer players to get a grasp on the rules. Also the mission will change each month for added flavour.

There will also be a monthly prize (the Golden Combi) and a prize for the player who turned up the most (Berserker).

When: Every second Thursday starting on February 11th @ 6pm

Where: Good Games Town Hall, Sydney

Rules and Info:

We will be starting with 125 point lists with an swc of 2. Each month the points will go up in the following order (with swc in brackets); 125(2), 150 (3), 200 (4), 250 (5), and finally 300 (6).

Players must stick to one faction for the duration of the slow grow but they can switch between Vanilla and Sectorial’s within the faction as much as they like.

There will be no Lieutenant or Retreat in the first month.

There will be no advanced rules until we reach the 200 point cap. This means you will NOT be allowed to use the following rules until month 3 (April) of the league:

· Hacking

· Link Teams

· Tags

· Command Tokens

Please note though that you will be able to take REMs without a hacker in the first few months. Once advanced rules come into play you will need a hacker to field a REM.

Monthly Scenarios:

Instead of the standard Slow Grow league format we will be doing different scenarios each month to make game play a little more interesting than straight up wasting your opponent.

· Month 1 February
Annihilation (low tier)
No classifieds
Single box/hvt in the middle worth 2 objective points. You must have more points worth of models in base-to-base contact with the special objective box in order to claim the 2 objective points

· Month 2 March
Frontline - No classifieds

· Month 3 April
Size the Antenna – Standard ITS

· Month 4 May
Armory – Standard ITS

· Month 5 June
Transmission Matrix – Standard ITS

Prizes:

Golden Combi

The theme this year for the Slow Grow Golden Combi is to have a fully painted collection by the end of the Slow Grow, so to encourage that the Golden Combi will be based on having a fully painted force to tabletop standard (no one colour shenanigans) by the end of the month.

To be eligible for the Golden Combi, on the first night of play in February you must field an unpainted or primed force. If you join later, we will request time stamped images of unpainted miniatures from after the 11th of Feb ensuring that new joiners do not get an unfair advantage over people who joined in the beginning.

To then enter that months round of the Golden Combi you must take a picture of your army on the last day of the month and send it to Deon or myself. We will then post up all the images and decide on a winner based on who has the most completed army, or in the case of a tie best painted. If we are unable to make a decision, we will call in another Dark Lord of the S.I.T.H to help judge.

The picture taken at the end of the month must include any model that you have used during the month and cannot include unused models.

Please note we will be taking pictures each game night of your lists for reference sake.

We are looking for minis painted over quality, so if you can only do table top quality like myself do not be worried! This is about quantity and to give everyone some incentive to field painted armies.

Monthly prize will be a blister of the winner’s choice. I will also take a dorky picture of you with your prize for the GGTH facebook page and for Infinity Australia too.

NOTE if you start with painted minis but then strip them and repaint them to enter the comp that is ok, just have a time stamped image of them post stripping.

Berserker

During each night we will mark off who was present for the round. At the end of the Slow Grow League the individual who was present for the most nights will win a box set up to $40 in value. This includes most REMs, SWC boxes and older style heavy infantry.

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or contact me. You can also reach us at our facebook page, S.I.T.H Wargamers.

Cheers!
dulydude

This post has been edited by dulydude: Jan 28 2016, 10:11 AM

--------------------
Infinity WARCOR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TE: But gold coins the min.. its cheaper then a night out by far
Sync: You're probably more likely to score as well
Sync: Score Victory Points that is! BA-DOOM-CHA!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woot I have a blog!!! http://dulydudesshenanigans.blogspot.com.au/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dulydude
post Feb 8 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #2

dulydude

Bump because it starts this week!!!

--------------------
Infinity WARCOR
+Quote Post
dulydude
post Feb 15 2016, 09:50 AM
Post #3

dulydude

Hey guys,

The first night of the Slow Grow went down amazingly! We had 10 people, 8 of which with unpainted minis ready for the Golden Combi. Check out my blog for some of the pictures.
Dulydude's Shenanigans

We're playing again on the 25th with the same point levels and hopefully some painted miniatures this time!

Cheers!
dulydude

--------------------
Infinity WARCOR
+Quote Post
matu
post Mar 9 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,655

Hi guys,
Any room to add 1 more player? Totaly noob, just got a army pack to start with. Do you guys play every week as well?
+Quote Post
dulydude
post Mar 11 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #5

dulydude

Hi Matu!
I didn't realized you posted here until now! And we always have more room for new players!!!

We had our game night for slow grow last night, so sorry I didn't see your post till now. However you can come in next week on Thursday and I can give you a demo game if you want.

So yeah we play every thursday, alternating weeks between slow grow and campaign paradiso with casual play viable during both weeks. Have you joined our facebook group?

--------------------
Infinity WARCOR
+Quote Post
matu
post Mar 14 2016, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,655

Hi Mate,
Thanks for your reply. I will come this Thursday and would love a game. i'll bring my ariadna along. I don't have facebook account biggrin.gif . i'll watch this space instead.

Sincerely,
Matthew
+Quote Post
dulydude
post Mar 14 2016, 08:36 AM
Post #7

dulydude

cool!

so you just have the starter box for ariadna? or do you have the starter for one of the sectorials?

--------------------
Infinity WARCOR
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2020 - 11:45 PM