Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie Thread., May contain spoilers (indicate if you give them)
cody85
post Aug 7 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,855

Try and breath some life in to this dusty corpse of a forum. in the last month i have seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Hercules, 22 Jump street, Transformers 4, Lucy and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rise of the planet of the apes: 4 and a half bananas out of 5..... Who needs actors now? the CGI is mind blowing.
And the story while some what predictable, didn't let you down when you got to the plot point you saw coming 2 hrs ago. And yes you could see it 2 hrs early because i'm sure it went for over 3 or just hit 3 hours. This is movie was a lot of fun and not once did i notice how long it went for.

22 Jump street: 2 and a half eccies out of 5.... Simple easy to watch mind rot. not hard to follow, not #### just your run of the mill b grade comedy. wait for DVD only if you enjoyed 21 jump street (which was 5 times funnier).

Hercules :3 and half 85kg bicep curls out of 5.... This was a fun spin on the classic Hercules story, it had some cool scenes and special effects. The longer it went the more i got over it, if felt as if they ran out of money and ideas towards the end of its production. But again fun to watch, you need to see the opening scene to understand the story they try to tell.

Transformers :one eighth of every bowel movement i have ever had.... MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS... This movie was the worst thing i have ever seen. I tried to kill my self 7 times while watching it. When they made this movie it was like they got 2 five year olds, put them in a room with a toy box for three hours and made a movie out of that they did. Its full of characters that don't do ANYTHING to add to the story. The main bad guy didnt even have a story, dont know where he came from or why, he is just some evil transformer that helps the US hunt down the now outlawed transformers/autobots. i have seen toilet paper commercials with better quality story telling than this steaming pile of horse ####. i will never watch another Transformers movie. there is so much i want to write but im that flustered at how bad it is.

Lucy : 5 bright shining stars out of 5... some wont like it as much as me. but i loved it. from credits to credits it had me hooked. the story was great the flow of the movie spot on. if i was going to deduct any bright shining stars for anything it would be the amount of needless killing. but that aside. but it gained those points back for to objectifying Scarlet Johanson, her physical appearance as never referenced in the movie or highlighted with clever camera angles. it was great to watch and really gave you something to think about. Highly recommended.

Guardians of the Galaxy : 4 mix tapes out of 5... i was expecting alot going in to this, as id heard "the best Marvel movie yet". While it was good it didnt hit the highs of the Avengers, Cap 2 or the new spider mans even. But it was a lot of fun to watch, with more humor than the other marvel movies but not too much to make it corny. the CGI was fantastic, not as good as planet of the apes but HEAPS better than Hercules. I felt it did go for a while but i was busting for a leak, from about the 1/2 way point, but was too good to walk away. the actors were pretty good Starlord and rocket raccoon really carry it tho. with out these 2 characters done as well as they were it could have been ... bad. But it wasnt, and im looking forward to GotG2 it also added lots to the Universe.. Thanos, the infinity stones and nova corps to name the big ones. If you like Marvel or comic book movies see it and you will add it to your DVD rack.

Wall of text over.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Battis
post Aug 7 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 7,675

Wish I got to go to the movies as often as you.

I've seen 22 jump street it was pretty much 21 jump street again but not as funny.

Wanted to see Hercules but forgot then missed it, whoops I'll see that later.

Still haven't seen the James Franco planet of the apes so I guess I'll watch that and this one laters.

Haven't seen Lucy, might download it in a while seeing as you have a positive review on it. I just really can't get over #### in the trailer "at 20% brain she can like grow more arms and control time like Neo in the matrix" wat?

Guardians of the Galaxy was ######ing awesome, I enjoyed it more than pretty much all of the other marvel movies. Characters were great, action was good, story was good, movie was genuinely funny, I even enjoyed Battistas role in the movie (wat)
I'll prob head back to the movies and see it again next week in non 3d (sometimes 3d gets a little too intense imo)

If I had to recommend one movie I've seen this year it would be Guardians of the Galaxy, srsly get to the movie and watch it ASAP.

Oh also I told Shooter about it a few weeks ago and he has seen it now but if you haven't seem "Tucker & Dale vs Evil" go download it and watch it. You will be stoked you did.

I enjoyed the writeups Cody you will have to keep it up.

Also wrote that all on the phone while taking a ####, god damn it's riddled with spelling errors and missing letters lol!
+Quote Post
Shoots McG
post Aug 8 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,808

Gotta agree with the Transformers review. I actually enjoyed the other movies for what they were(movies about robot aliens that turned into cars). But wow this one was bad on a whole other level.

After seeing Transformers, Hercules was the next cinema movie I saw and in comparison quite possible the greatest movie ever made. It had somewhat of a story and all of the muscles. It also wasnt 2.5 hours of endless splosions.

You two are both dicks for already having seen gaurdians. I cant wait.

I also have to recommend Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Watched it on sunday after Battis's recommendation. It is spectacular. (Even better then hercules lol). I still have moments (at work, driving, etc) where i laugh to myself about parts of that movie..... I am laughing right now.
+Quote Post
cody85
post Aug 8 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Shoots McG @ Aug 8 2014, 12:05 AM) *

After seeing Transformers, Hercules was the next cinema movie I saw and in comparison quite possible the greatest movie ever made.

Hands down this! lol
Tucker and dale will be watched today.
+Quote Post
Battis
post Aug 8 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 7,675

QUOTE(cody85 @ Aug 8 2014, 08:48 AM) *

Tucker and dale will be watched today.

You will be stoked you watched it.
+Quote Post
cody85
post Aug 8 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #6

asked the old man if he wanted to watch it the sarvy. he started cracking up, had already seen it and loves it. he saw it on fox and told me to watch a while ago.
+Quote Post
cody85
post Aug 9 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #7

didnt get through the entire movie, it had a few too many anxiety triggers for me. there were a few good laughs tho! i got up to where tucker saves the dog and is being chased by the kids.

I also watched
Chef: 3 cuban sandwiches out of 5... had a pretty good cast for an indie movie with small roles from Robert Downey Jr and Scarlet Johannson and sofia vergera from modern family had a fairly big role as lead female. its about a Chef that is ignorant to social media gets into what he thinks is a private twitter war with big name food critic. it goes viral, he quits, hits the pits and starts a food van and goes on a road trip around USA. it was a good feel good movie, with zero killing, smut or swearing lol

This post has been edited by cody85: Aug 9 2014, 02:55 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 02:12 AM