Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Jul 3 2016, 04:35 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

QUOTE(AndrewH @ Jul 3 2016, 03:10 PM) *

How did Gorman cloud and blind? Espionage doesn't let you make an action any more.

By cheating. Glorious, not reading the card text enough cheating.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 3 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #22

Still pondering on our next nature of governance, got a Sunday crack of dawn match into Robauce.

It's a Merc....contractual dispute? Civil War isn't an apt descriptor without theme forces being known...

Anyway, it's MacBain! again, Galleon, Kayazy, blah. Only change being the Silly WysnalRoarI'mALion getting the boot to the styx and Piper coming in.

Into Durgen with a pair of Drillers, three gunbunnies, one spray bunny, double Steelhead Halbs, the Battle Engine. A couple solos.

Proxy is EB is the BE, hammer chumps are halberds.

Playing out on the baseball diamond.

Basic mini-game is Primed vs Counter measures.

IPB Image
MacBain Deploy: I won the roll, picked first, otherwise I'm forced into feating bottom of 1 which historically was a weaker play.

IPB Image
Durgen Deploy: That sure is stuff. All the infantry went on the side away from Alexia.

IPB Image
MacBain 1: Stuff runs up, all the upkeeps go out (Yay being able to do that!). Alexia pokes her horse into going across to the middle of the field to wear actual opposing souls exist.

IPB Image
Durgen 1: Primed goes on the Halberdier frontline, most things run up exist for Herne/Jonne and Durgen, who between them kill five Kayazy and Gorman. Reinholdt producing a second Carpet Bomb attack was.....unpleasant.

IPB Image
MacBain 2: I make decisions. Not necessarily good ones.

Galleon gets fully loaded shots away the Spray Bunny.

The snake gets a pile of buffs (Fortune/Concealment/Prowl/Animus) wanders forward and sprays down some Halberdiers.

I feat on most of my list and decide to give Counter Measures to Alexia. The Kayazy aren't going to get near that centre chunk of shooty jacks and Durgen while she is quick and will be in a soul grabbing position,or at least that was my thinking.

Durgen 2: Missed the photo? Probably out of sadness.

The Primed Halberdiers go to annoying spots, kill the unfeated on Assassin.

One Driller throws Alexia away, a swathe of my models then get set on fire.

The other Driller goes forward and throws Anastasia away, before she also gets set on fire. It's a bad day to be the spy lady.

IPB Image
MacBain 3: I had a plan. Totally. Alexia just needs to survive the fire.

Well, that was a bad plan. Alexia, the Underboss, Anastasia and my dreams go in a puff and smoke, Aiyanna being the only one to learn how to drop and roll.

I wanted to kill both Drillers,but that plan was now distinctly awful. Galleon could run and get in melee range of both, then MacBain could Jackhammer, be on no camp and die.

Time to do the low odds gamble on Failsafe.

Driller gets Harmed, Galleon charges it, Ragman Deathfields, MacBain hides and does a Jackhammer to finish that Driller off.

Snake puffs a cloud, kills Jonne, Herne is left on one box (Wait.....which is which? The Ogryn was living at this point anyway).

A couple Kayazy suicide on Primed Halberdiers.

IPB Image
Durgen 3: Primed Halberdiers kill Skarath by love tapping Dahlia and the remaining Kayazy.

Durgen feats and bunkers up, Galleon gets attacked by the world, the most damage being done by the remaining Driller. It lives on two boxes.

Plan bank on Failsafe fails as the Galleon dies to a Steelhead Halberdier freestrike, I concede.

Sadly I didn't enjoy this game. On me alas, Robidon being the gentleperson of opposition he always is.

I chose the wrong list quite simply, I didn't take into account in any way that Durgen now leaves Continuous effects madness allover the joint. Gorten would have been much better, fire nullifies MacBains feat and the blast effects mean Counter Measures isn't the dream it could be.

In game had plenty of errors as well, the Counter Measures switch wasn't really worthwhile, would have been better served by parking Alexia behind the wall. The opening Kayazy placement.....I don't think there is an optimal place for them on the board. Either they'll be so far back they achieve nothing or they are forward enough that the opposing 11 odd blast attacks will pop half of them.

Happy with Piper for the moment, so that's nice. Afterwards there was a long consideration on Battlegroup, I think I'll stick with the Galleon for another couple games at least, sooner or later there will be draggable heavies!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 5 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #23

Day of Moon happens and is free from the taint of a day spent being employed, yay!

An early arvo headbutt with Jeffeen.

On the new version of Outflank, can't remember the new, pirated serial number on it. Two zones is the point. For the sake of trying it, threw out an AoE 5 as a fog cloud in the zone.

I've been constantly expressing anguish over making Fiona lists and I'd played Jeffille a few times already with my other lists, so here goes....

Fiona1 - 2x Mule, Sylyss Elfspinter, Dahlia + Skarath, Nyss, 2x Eliminators, Acosta, Aiyanna + Holt, Commodore Cannon of Amazingness
Objective: Fuel Cache

It's a Warjack point short, but sod it.

Xerxis1 - Sentinel, Gladiator, Cannoneer, Karax, Paingivers, Slingers, Slinger solo guy, Zaadesh + Brute/Savage, Feralgeist

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: I won the roll, gave it to the Persian Vampires.
Zaadesh with his Beasts and the Slingers on the left, Beasts/Xerxis/Paingivers central, Karax on the right.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: Slapped stuff down, took me an unreasonable amount of time. Given the Brute Animus, expendable Slingers and Fog cloud on the left the Commodore went on the right,intending to set the Shield Guarded Karax alight.

Nyss and the snake went central, given their pathfinderness with that stonking forest in front of them. Eliminators and Mules dived up a side for each, I wasn't sure where I wanted Telgesh to go and the jacks were an obligation more than anything else. Savio/Aiyanna went left to pop Zaadeshs lights.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: Everything moves forward, Defenders Ward goes on the Karax, Tactical Supremacy on the Slingers, Zaadesh put up whatever his upkeep is called. relevant terrain for the Skorne look to be the Obstructionin the left for Zaadesh to hide behind and the hill for the Karax/beasts.

IPB Image
Merc 1: My stuff moves up/around, intent is to set up the plan for next turn which is kill Zaadesh. He has Sac Pawn, so the plan is to wing the Beasts with shots and other attacks, then use Telgeshed Soulfires to knock him off.

I Telgesh one of the left Kayazy and run another forward. Hope is for the forward, non-Telgeshed one to die to give Acosta, who should survive in the trench, a Vengeance move forward.

+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 5 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #24

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Skorne split into two halves.
On the right Xerxis, his Battlegroup and the Karax pile on the hill/edge of the right zone and otherwise sit passively aside from a shot from the Cannoneer that does a nice pile of damage on the right Mule and explodes a Nyss (That was terrible placement by me).

The left side is far more active. Zaadesh bravely stands behind his Beasts and hugs the obstruction. The Slingers go up, six or so get in range of the Mule and shoot it for a pile of nonsense, leaving it with 10 boxes. Eep. The others try to kill the Eliminator and fail, so no Vengance for me but a surprise Kayazy survival.
The slingers are then standing in a dead set straight line. For almost their entire activation I was plotting the best Skarath spray in all the land.
Then Tac Supremacy activated and I was sad as they sensible spread out.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Easy enough, I lack the split battlegroup luxury Jefoon is indulging in (The snake is good. Not that good.), so the plan is to keep things in Fiona's control area, defensively feat, activate plan kill Zaadesh and the Slingers.

On the right I engage in silliness, trying to slam the Sentinel with the Commodore Cannon which does sod all. I wasn't in range to fire bomb the Karax from memory, but could have knocked down a trio of them or slammed the Gladiator.
Most of the Nyss group in the forest, on this flank they pop a couple Paingivers. The Mule aims and goes for a crit of awesome on the Karax, understandably doesn't get it so kills a mighty single Skorne schlub. Ergh.

That side being a horrendous mess, lets retreat to the other half.
On the left the combined efforts of Skarath, some of the Nyss, Holt, the Mule and half of the Eliminators wipes away the Slingers.

Trying to deal with Zaadesh, Aiyanna Harms the Brute, being the most forward beast. Skarath's spray also hit the Cyclopean duo, but didn't roll a great amount. Revving up his turboness, Acosta charged the Brute and hit both attacks for a combined total of eight damage (Average would be 18.5). Alarm bells started going off, this seems like it's going to be really bad...

Lastly, Fiona arcs three Soul fires through the Eliminator into Zaadesh. He's camping three Fury, so he's not going down, hopefully the lights get mangled. The first hit gets 9 points which is transferred, thus putting Fiona at better damage output on the Brute than Acosta. One of the best Swordsman in the world aye? The next spell does four points, which Naaresh doesn't even transfer. Out of focus to boost damage, I camp two in the event of unseen attacks on Fiona.

IPB Image
Skorne 3: On the right, Xerxis feats and camps on the hill, the Karax form up in trio's of Shield Wall.

On the left, the Brute, being badly hurt, futzes across and does nothing. Zaadesh hides behind the obstruction. The Savage goes for a swing on Acosta. He misses, courtesy of Fiona's feat. Acosta retaliatory strikes and makes up for the last turn of misery by absolutely cranking it, then dodging out of melee range.

The real Skorne turn happens smack bang in the middle, where the Heavies all get involved.
The Canonneer backs up out of Fiona's control range, shoots at the Snake. It misses, scatters just the right direction to fall short of winging Gorman.
That done, the Sentinel has a go. It gets Enraged, charges the snake in the back sticking at reach range. The charge attack hits, takes out Skarath's Mind. He then casts Retaliatory strike and waits. Gladiator, seeing his buddy in danger, runs up to be in base contact and give the Xerxis armour buff from the feat.

Merc 3: I was quite happy with how that went, the Slingers opening barrage and Zaadesh surviving had convinced me I was on the back foot, but Fiona's feat remains in the upper echelon for Mercs (Up with Gorten's/Durgen's power wise).

Missed the photo, because I'm a chump. Plan is to get Zaadesh before he takes the stolen millions to Spain and otherwise maul as many infantry models as I can.
Acosta walks around the Obstruction, hits Zaadesh and kill him even through a transfer thanks to the glorious retaliatory strike on the Savage.
The Telgeshed Eliminator then moves between the zone to be in range for spell pew pewing.

The Commodore Cannon makes up for everything I've failed to use it for, as it hits Xerxis on the hill, slams him over a Paingiver and puts the Sentinel out of Control Range.

I can't realistically kill the Skorne heavies at all this turn, even knock downed with one Transfer Xerxis isn't really killable with three Soul Fires, so it's push scenario and delay the Heavies however I can.
Gorman is joyfully just out of melee range, aims and hits the Sentinel/Gladiator with a Blind Grenade. Two of the Nyss as well, but sod them and their impotent Gods.
The Snake gets healed by Dahlia, who thinks about leaving the forest then decides sod that. Skarath hits both the Gladiator and Sentinel with Parylsis, then promptly gets retaliatory struck (Damn you karma!) and loses his Spirit.

Fiona goes into the left zone, hiding behind the quite messed up Mule. She casts Affliction on the Karax, then pops one of them and two Karax with Soul Fires (I never got to do this in Mark 2 with her, finally the spell slinging dream is happening!). The right Mule and Nyss leave two Karax and one Paingiver alive.

Mercs go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: The Sentinel is out of control, so Frenzies and squishes a Nyss (Sentinel is the black proxy base). The Gladiator easily smites the snake, who then gets taken over by the Feralgeist.
The Karax move up on the right, they kill a pair of Nyss.
Xerxes charges and kills an Eliminator, then Tac Supremacies onto the hill.
The Cannoneer cannoned something? Genuinely can't remember or work it out.
The last Paingiver runs and toes the left zone to stop the Merc auto win.

I started another turn, but did one attack from the Cannon to kill the Karax and that was that (I easily kill the Paingiver and score to 5).

I liked pretty much everything about this list after that.

Except the battlegroup. Mules without crits are...um....mweh?
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 5 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #25

Pulled out my other Merc lists (The Minions ones just aren't forming at all), next match would end up as determined by the most sacred artifact, a dice roll, to be MacBain. I'd intended to swap Anastasia out for Lannysa, but she wasn't done painting and I didn't have what I felt to be a reasonable proxy.

MacBain1 - Galleon, Dahlia + Skarath, Alexia2, Anastasia, Gorman, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt, Kayazy Assassins + UA, Piper
Objective: Effigy of Valor

After some thumb twiddling, much later in the day a mysterious cat lady, commanded by it's biggest Tom, the Haiduahua.

Makeda2 - Despoiler, Gladiator, Radheim, Legends of Halaak, 2x Ferox, 2x Willbreaker
Proxies:
Rhinodon is Despoiler
Cygnar chump is Willbreaker
Legends are the Legends. I'm that unused to seeing the actual models.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy - Mocking me by being useful, Anastasia wins me the roll for first/second. I go first, because I'm expecting that list to be super fast, given it's all jumping cavalry, so want the board space.

Stuff deployed, Galleon away from the side with an annoying Obstruction, that coincidentally Alexia went to so she could hide behind it and claim some souls.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy - Crazy cat lady. Attendant cats. Legends on the left, representing the neighbour kids forced to help clean her hosue by their parents.

Willbreaker's are her nephews incidentally.

IPB Image
Merc 1 - Everything runs up, given the grand total of zero guns Counter Measures doesn't go up.

IPB Image
Skorne 1 - Ayep. Cats in face. Seems bad. Really not sure who I'm going to kill these things before they explode MacBain. Both Cat units get tough.

IPB Image
Merc 2 -Try to kill cats I guess?
Dahlia moves up and pops her no orders aura.
Snake goes up, sprays front three cats, ills one. Discover cats are steady, tough, stay death little ######s.
Kayazy move up and swarm around, pop mini-feat because it rarely matters later on. The first of six on the front cat misses with a snake eyes in the back.
Turns out Cats dodge.
Galleon moves up, throws a cat, the flag stops me getting into position to stab more than one. Gorman blinds a cat.
Alexia rides up around the Obstruction, drops a thrall and goes to the Skorne Flag. Thrall charges and watches a cat tough.
In the middle of it MacBain feats on most of the models and wonders onto the hill on the right.

IPB Image
Skorne 2 - Cats move up and jump around, kill a few Kayazy and Ragman. Gladiator smashes the Thrall. Legends charge Galleon, roll like nuts and knock off a side and a bit. Anastasia gets thrown by Despoiler into Gorman. Snake also gets clawed and loses an aspect.

IPB Image
Merc 3 - Dahlia sings again, heals her personal pet Python.

Aiyanna harms a Cat on the Galleon. Or so I wish. She misses, the cat then moves to stop Holt shooting Radheim.
Piper engages rear cat. MacBain then Jackhammers himself to punch it to death, then aims and does a double barreled fully boosted shot into Radheim to put him one one box.
Kayazy move around, they kill a pair of cats.
Snake potters across, sprays on two cats and the Legends. The legends all pop, but I roll dismally to damage the cats. On is at least left on one box and corroded.
Alexia moves up, pops three Thralls who kill one Will breaker, have the other one Stay Death and do 9 odd points to Makeda who takes it.

IPB Image
Skorne 3 - Corrosion runs out to make me sad, not that they wouldn't have just Stay Deathed anyway. Despoiler moves some Kayazy out of the way by chewing their heads off.
Makeda casts Dash, moves up, hits MacBain with the Knockdown spell.
Cats jump on MacBain, treat him like their favourite chew toy.

That went about as expected.

Definitely more playable than my initial impression though.

I think the go is to put Fortune on the Galleon on turn one, keep Kayazy 18.1 away from the Ferox. Kayazy spread out in two groups with a three or so inch wide lane between them leading to the Colossal. That was top of 2 either the Ferox held back, or the Galleon can do aimed shots needing 7's with re-rolls to hit and boosting damage rolls. Bonus if I can Harpoon, which means the damn cat can be pulled out of Stay Death range.

Game after that is feated Kayazy fight in the zone, Galleon uses Harpoon to drag whatever blocks Makeda out of the way to land some shots on Makeda and clear Fury to stop the damn Stay Death.

That's the next game theory anyway.

Wasn't exactly upbeat at the end of this day though, lot of other things going on outside Warmachine absorbing my energy and this was a long day for only two games. I'll be hard pressed to play without a clock going forward.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 8 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #26

Jolt time!

Got a match into the Ruslato, running Trolls. Out came the armour cracker.

MacBain1 - Galleon, Dahlia + Skarath, Alexia2, Anastasia, Gorman, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt, Kayazy Assassins + UA, Piper

The dreams of double Mountain King lists have fallen and made way for multi-heavies.

Doomshaper2 - Rok, Mauler, 2x Bomber, Axer, Bouncer, Whelps, Feralgeist, Lannysa Ryssl

Rolled up Outlast, ye old two Circle zones.

Won the roll as Anastasia continues to make a case for her inclusion over Lanyssa.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I picked first, again for the upkeeps getting out. There's an awkward forest in the centre of the table, thankfully this is also the pathfinder list.

IPB Image
Troll Deploy: Alright, proxies, left to right.
Waritch Siren = Lannysa
Pair of Cryx Jacks = Bombers
Snapjaw = Rok (Or, as War room has correctly identified, R÷K)
Skarlock Leader Dudette = Feralgeist

IPB Image
Merc 1: Failsafe on Galleon, Countermeasures on Kayazy, Fortune on the Snake.

Everything keeps back of feated shooting range of the bombers, though note I'd not taken Rush into account and thus could have lost all my Kayazy to Bomber shots if Rusanelides had been willing to burn his feat.

Anyway, Alexia goes waaaay to the right, same side as the Feralgeist for easy pickings.

Troll 1: Early on the picture taking buggers up.

Rok/Snapjaw gets Wild Aggression and runs into the trench that occupies thetop of the right zone.

Lannysa goes into the left zone, stealths it up in the forest via Prowl.

Everything else, including the Feralgeist, runs onto the hill (Alexia sadface). One of the Bombers/Helljacks does a Sniped shot at Galleon, with the intention to blow up Anastasia that it succeeds at.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Simple plan, feat, jam, lols it.

Alexia runs full pelt into the middle of the board, the Welps are happily placed base to base with the front trolls, being the only models I can easily ping for souls.

The Galleon advances, rolls up a few shots, blows up two whelps that feed Alexia and kills Lannysa.

MacBain feats, I roll a one.

Well, bugger. I feat on Aiyanna, Alexia, Dahlia and three Kayazy, but it doesn't feel good. The penalty of a random feat. I throw Fortune on Aiyanna/Holt.

MacBain hides behind the Galleon, Gorman/Ragman hang near him and pop a cloud.

Kayazy get March from Piper and run up and around, I eyeball the front ones to be within 3 inches of Alexia. I could have measured, but didn't want to give the Arcane Vortex potential away.

The Snake runs into the central forest, Dahlia keeps her upkeep going and contests the right zone.

IPB Image
Troll 2: Because I didn't feat on Gorman or Ragman, there's an assassination vector of the Mauler charging Gorman, overtaking to MacBain and killing him. The trigger doesn't get pulled, the only thing that could save me is a miss on a Boosted 9 triggering MacBain's Dodge.

Doomy feats, sure enough tries to Hex Blast the nearest Kayazy which I stop with Arcane Vortex. yay poker face! (Face it, Gaga has been on a decline for the last few Albums).

Rok tramples over three Assassins, killing two and causing the feated one in the right zone trench to be knock downed. he then buys an attack to kill the Underboss, overtakes to Aiyanna and knocks her down, being just out of Overtake/Melee range of Holt/Skarath.

The Mauler goes into the central forest, kills three more Kayazy.

the Bouncer goes into Alexia, doesn't do immensely well and leaves her on five boxes.

The Bombers/Helljacks go, one darts left and fails to get a scatter on the feated Kayazy in the middle of the left zone. The other goes in and knocks down Alexia.

At some point the Axer popped his Animus and wondered into the right zone in the trench, a whelp runs over and stands next to him.

Feralgeist runs to the top edge of the left zone.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Doomy is on the hill with 2 transfers. I can put attacks in, though I don't expect him to die, worth it for some battle group damage though.

Plan is fuel up Alexia, kill the forward Beasts, send Thralls where ever they need to go.

I drop Countermeasures, it's finished being useful.

Aiyanna stands up, Holts toes the right zone. She Harms Rok, he lands a shot on the Whelp in the trench and fuels up Alexia.

Ragman moves into the forest, pops Deathfield.

The Snake arcs up, with an initial and three buys kills Rok, then hits the Mauler for Paraylsis and a good chunk of damage.

The Galleon wonders up, rolls up sod all little shots. I do a few dings on the Bouncer then drag him in and do a free punch for a good amount (Yay damage +6!).

MacBain then has three focus for Jackhammers, the first finishes off the Bouncer, the next two do the requisite 25 damage boxes to finish off the Mauler.

I don't like the odds of Dahlia surviving, so she runs into the trench and engages the Axer (Well, is engaged. Flutes make poor weapons of war).

Random attacks into Doomy happen, one Kayazy charges, another runs in for the Gang bonus, the last stands up and limps into the open. They do 10 damage which is flicked to the left Bouncer and takes out his Mind.

Alexia stands up, pops out three Thralls. Two charge Doomy, one does a mighty five damage that gets transferred, the second lands a hit for 9 that he takes. He's camping a transfer, so I throw the last Thrall on a charge into the left Bomber/Helljack to annoy him, he lands a hit for moderate damage.

IPB Image
Troll 3: It's looking bad for the trolls, I've come out quite well on the trades. Had Skarath been reached by Rok and killed that wouldn't be the case.
Doomy himself punches out a Thrall and Hex blasts a random Kayazy down.
The Axer goes into Alexia, kills her and Overtakes to back up.
Feralgeist goes into the left zone, smites down the Thrall engaging the Bomber.
The left Bomber/Helljack charges the Kayazy on Doomy, kills them and the last Thrall.
The remaining Bomber goes into the right zone, tries to kill Dahlia with blasts and fails.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Skarath to my surprise passes his Threshold check. Plan is to grind out and start scorring.
Aiyanna/Holt toe the right zone, Harm the right Bomber.
Ragman casts Deathfield.
Galleon moves up, shoots down the Feralgeist, drags in the right Bomber and pulverises it.
Skarath wonders up in the forest and sprays the Axer.
Dahlia runs way to the right.
MacBain hides behind the Galleon.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

IPB Image

Troll 4: Consoling time.
Axer goes in and kills Aiyanna/Holt, Bomber goes in and fails miserably to kill Skarath.

Merc 5: Bomber dies to Galleon, I go to 5.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 9 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #27

I defeated my internal struggle for some Friday shenanigans. By "internal struggle" I more mean I resisted the not difficult task of indulging in rage inducing games of Digital Talisman that I really just play to spite myself (Rage of Talisman snarky reviews incoming somewhere!).

Into Edzen for his first gameof Mk 3, it's theoretically a pairing of Vlad or Strakhov. I preferred Gorten into the Vlad list, but the Strakhov list had enough guns that Countermeasures could be sweet.

I went with the mighty facial hair.

Naturally, it's the Transylvanian attack.

Vlad3 - Juggernaught, Grolar, War Doge, Malakov + Ruin, IFP + UA, Outriders, Fenris

Warning: Whereas the wardEd decided competence was a good move, I decided the local aeration tank would make for a nice swim. Prepare for some tart Merc bumbling!

By the magic of Chappi's awesome site, we rolled out Extraction.

I see now my true error. Fighting pseudo Russians on a winter table? Corsican madness!

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I gloriously won the roll, at this point let's just assume Lannysa isn't making the list until after Wintercon, when I'll try to mix it up and field a different faction for a bit.

Galleon went left, prepping to run into the forest on my side and make it not as big an issue.

That wall on my side sadly is irrelevant in terms of Killbox, so no hiding for MacBain.

IPB Image
Khador Deploy: Thus, with my lazy refusal to arise from my plastic throne, we almost get a face shot.

IFP on the left, Jacks centre with Vlad and Fenris, Outriders on the right.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff runs up! Fortune goes on Galleon, not like the opposing list has guns to shoot me. Countermeasures cries in a corner. Dahlia puts up her upkeep.

Looking at this photo gives me a burning spike of agony between the eyeballs. Will explain next round.

IPB Image
Khador 1: The tree returns!

IFP mini feat and Shield wall forward, the Jacks go up the guts with the Juggernaught, represented here by an armless horror, gets Infernal Machine. Fenris and Outriders go to the right, the latter getting Hand of Fate as they normally do. Alas.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Jul 9 2016, 03:08 PM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 9 2016, 03:12 PM
Post #28

IPB Image
Merc 2: I'll get to my self flagellating momentarily, but in the meantime I'll go over the basic plan at this point which is solid.

Principally, I have to harpoon a heavy and kill it, feat on Kayazy and use them to jam. My feat ensures the Kayazy will survive, even if they kill nothing, allowing my colossal to finish off the remaining Heavies. Vital points are that Ruin has Dispel, so he can punch through Failsafe without a care in the world.

So, strategically, my big mistake is my decision to run Alexia and the Snake into the centre, a result of frothing at the mouth with desire (Crikey, what am I drinking....), when they needed to stay right to fight the Outriders.

Tactically, my placement last turn was horrendous. They Kayazy are blocking Alexia from running up to claim souls, Aiyanna/Holt are stopping Dahlia running up to give the Snake auto-bosted attack rolls. I should have attempted an awkward strategic fix, but I hadn't even considered placing tools to kill the Outriders.

Anyway, drag time. Aiyanna Harms the Grolar. Galleon moves into Harpoon range, little guns draw a bead to the War Dog and blow him up. The boost to hit the Harpoon and land, I forgot to allocate a second Focus to the Galleon, but with harm I only need a four to drag in and get the plan going.

I roll a three.

This creek appears to have a burnt sienna sort of colour.

The Kayazy get out of the way and into rough jamming spots. The Snake moves forward and hits four Pike men, killing one, I'm hoping Corrosion will allow Alexia to claim souls as she moves into Soul collecting range after the Snake activation.

MacBain walks up, Energises forward for Control Range, I feat, get 9 targets, acceptable. I select Alexia, Dahlia, Anastasia and Kayazy.

Anastasia is a poor choice, Esponiage isn't going to save me and she doesn't need to live to hold up IFP for the turn. Gorman would have been a much better choice.

IPB Image
Khador 2: Pair of IFP get fried by Corrosion.
Vlad twiddles his thumbs behind the wall,

The IFP charge the Galleon, a few chock up on Anastasia but Dash allows them to ignore the thin smattering of Kayazy in the way. They do a sides worth, but the couple hits on the right stops me from losing any systems.

Ruin/Grolar trample over the front line of Kayazy and between them bought attacks kill the Snake.

Fenris darts around, Outriders kill Gorman and some non-feat Kayazy.
Juggernaught hangs back.
Malakov pumps his little legs toward the Arctic region of the board.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Ruin is turned around in that most ancient of Skorne fashions (Butt advancing because of your overhanging......bits......).
Recovery will be difficult, but not impossible I think? I have to clear off the engaging IFP, pop the Grolar and Ruin, Failsafe the Galleon and use Dahlia to contest the right flag.
Kayazy charge and get out of the way. They dismount Fenris and do a few points to the objective.
Alexia kills three IFP and re-positions in the way of the Juggernaught.
Aiyanna Harms the Grolar, Holt, stabs an IFP then shoots another one, the final IFP became the Sergeant, so the Galleon is freed up.

Galleon ponders across, engages the Grolar and Harpoon Ruin.

Sort of.

I didn't move the Galleon far enough cross, so Ruin can't be dragged past the Grolar into melee range and I'm screwed.

I jackhammer the Grolar dead and put Failsafe on the Galleon out of a spirit of woeful optimism.

More turns happen after this, basically Ruin messes up the Galleon before the IFP get rewarded by doing the final three boxes, Vlad stays safe and MacBain regrets life.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 9 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #29

After rolling on the ground after some non-optimal use of my sense of balance and legs, ducked from the last disaster into a potentially new one!

MacBain gets put away until I can bring myself to forget the sting stupidity, into ye old favourite.

Gorten1 - 2x Bashers, 3x Gunners, 2x Blasters, Rorsch + Brine, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, 2x Eliminator units, Acosta, Tinker, Aiyanna and Holt
Objective: Effigy

Jeffulsaur appears, attempting to sabotage the race in one of the two memorable sequences of a god awful film.

Hexeris2 - Gladiator, Sentry, Cannoneer, Karax, Reivers, Maximus, Ancestral Guardian, Paingivers, Razor Wurm
Objective: Stockpile

Scenario is Recon, terrain spread out a bit more than I'd consider typical for Mark 3.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: I think I won the roll? Skorne went first anyway, I took the side with hills and that my models were already on.

Karax on the left with the Razor Wurm ADvance Deployed before them, beasts in the centre and Reivers on the right.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: Eliminators/Crocs on the right to mock the Reivers guns.

Gorten centre to push the scenario game, Ninja's to the left.

IPB Image
Skorne 1:Everything moves up, more bricky than I expected. There's a leaning toward the left, I'm assuming that's a reaction to my own deployment weighting, caused by that awkward pillar obstruction.

Veil of Ash goes on the Karax.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Fairly basic, set up for the scenario rush on the zone.

Ninja Pig goes way left, I reason he'll either draw an inordinate amount of effort to remove or they'll be able to get in and remove something strategic.

The lights spread out on the left, a few hang back in the event of models being sent to engage and might need clearing off (Few things are sadder than having to use your POW 6 bash attacks on Rhulic lights).

The Bashers shield Gorten, who put up Solid Ground. One Basher prior to game decided he was happier just being a base and did a suicide jump to the floor.

The Crocs submerged and moved up the right side of my Objective.

The Eliminators on the left I positioned envisaging them being removed and triggering Acosta's vengeance, the ones on the right stayed so far back I expected they would only die if Hexeris put himself in a dangerous place to spell them to death which generates the feat assassination by me.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 9 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #30

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Jewatto initially goes to shield wall the Karax, then correctly diagnoses that spray bunnies don't care (Boosted 10's to kill clumped troops is fine).

Ergo, the Karax run and engage the world, followed up by the Razor Wurm who Spiny Growths himself and the Ancestral Guardian.

Behind them Maximus goes into the Trench while the melee heavies pull up alongside.

Around the Skorne objective the Cannoneer and Reivers pull back out of Snapjaws charge range, pop their iterations of Snipe to shoot the Movement off the left Basher.

Hexeris throws a couple Hellfires at Rorsch, they get transferred to Brine.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Plan is clear zone, pop objective, hold feat, roll face in scenario win.

Extreme left, Ninja Pig pops smoke killing a Karax, they move up, Brine then goes up to the Razor Wurm and throws him at Maximus. I should have killed the light, but didn't think about Brine's Animus at the time. Spiny Growth would also have been problematic, only had a couple boxes left in Mind.

The left Eliminators and Spray Bunnies mess up the Karax, leaving only two left. The Gunners kill the Ancestral Guardian.

Centre wise, something is wrong. I can't get a heavy to the Objective, which I can't shoot down because it's Stockpile with the High Priority rule. I just did the math to confirm, a Basher or Snapjaw without a living model in charge range, cannot get to the Recon Objective on the bottom of two without speed/threat shenanigans (Deploy 10. Run 10 bottom of 1. Charge threat of 9 bottom of 2, Objective starts 30 inches away...).

I use a Karax for a slam to try to get a Basher to the objective, but muck up the angle and fail to engage the Objective.

New plan: Protect Gorten, do the scenario thing next turn.

Gorten hides behind Snapjaw and the newly repaired Basher with Wrongeye putting up Star Crossed.

The right Eliminator unit goes into the Reivers, one engages, the other does the fabled toddler dance known as the Side Step hop to gut two and engage a mob of them.

IPB Image

Skorne 3: The Paingivers enrage the Heavies and whip Brine to max fury.

The Karax then stabs at Rorsh and misses, The Razor Wurm moves to a Rorshs' back arc.

Gladiator pulverizes a spray Bunny, Sentry picks up the forward Basher and snaps it into a pile of Jenga bricks.

Cannoneer toes the zone, shoots Snapjaw. Reivers futz around but don't do much.

Hexeris moves to behind the Reivers, misses a Kayasy. Uses Feat to throw an amazing amount of attacks that leave Rorsh on one box and knocked down.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Hexy is in feat range. Die time!

Snapjaw charges in and pops the Objective, left Kayazy go to spots to stop the Skorne Heavies being dragged into engagement ranges.

Right Eliminators go to Hexy, do Combo strikes. First one misses, second does a nice hit.

Gorten drags Hexy and a few Reivers in, kills them with an Eruption, the boosted damage from that finishes off Hexy.

Well, glad I know about the Objective distancing now, just wasn't an issue with my Mark 2 list (Damn you Thorbreaker dependency!).
Easy fixes are slamming my own models (Yay Rhulic lights!) and getting Acosta or the Crocs up the board.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 10 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #31

Alright, short one as this is what we'll refer to as a "less than stellar display".

First Mk 3 Slam happened, woot!

By the magic of indecision, a dice roll had me roll out ye olde:

Went into one of our resident Empress supporters, Edlet.

Strakhov1 - Torch, Beast 09, Behemoth, Eiryss1, Kell, War Doge, WGI + Rocketeers, Kovnik Joe

Incursion returns, as it promised us it would.

IPB Image

Merc 1: I won the roll, picked first, ran/charged/upkeeped out. Alexia went to shield MacBain, Kayazy fanned out to avoid blasts, Snake sat in the forest and pondered what it would do if it had thumbs.

IPB Image
Khador 1: Eiryss wonders over and disrupts MacBain. I ponder a couple more pints of Cider.

The Heavies all get various upkeeps.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Upkeeps fade away as MacBain finds his lighter is drained of fluid.

Turns out learning is hard, the Kayazy are in front of the Galleon and ergo I have an order of activation issue with MacBain's feat.

Stuff runs out, Eiryss and a coupe Winterguard due and gives souls to Alexia.

MacBain feats for 9, having advanced a few inches to get the forward Kayazy in feat range. Feated Aiyanna/Holt move to shield MacBain.

IPB Image
Khador 2: Ancillary things happen, Strakhov feats and puts Overun on Behemoth, who kills a Kayazy, fully loaded Beast 09 gets the move up, charge MacBain, opening attack gets Crit Stationary and done.

Welp...yep....dodge Khadoran competence at Wintercon is new plan?

Playing MacBain like rubbish. Will probably change the list before the tourney and play something random afterwards to attempt an escape from this ineptitude.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Jul 11 2016, 02:49 AM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 11 2016, 11:03 PM
Post #32

Mōnandæg is upon us, so games!

After some terrible attempts at Stoicism, I finally realised that Mark 3 had caused me to reassemble my full SUSSness. Ergo I dropped the list that wasn't working and put in the current favourite chaff junk:

MacBain1 - Galleon, Sylyssysyssl, Dahlia + Skarath, Alexia2, Ragman, Gorman, Piper, Saxon, 2x Halberdiers

Dropped Assassins, Aiyanna/Holt and Anastasia for 2x Steelhead Halberdiers and Saxon.

Needing to feat on both Kayazy and important solos was too much of a strain, any plan that gets torn apart by a single dice roll going bad is a bad list plan. Now I can put tokens on a couple models with Reach and have loads to spare if they are dying on the approach.

The Wild Wrastling Wussel threw down the angrily dispossessed.

Calandra1 - Mauler, 2x Bomber, Axer, Stone + UA, Highwayman, Braylan, Lannysa
Objective: Armory

Scenario is Entrenched, pretty sure the zones were the wrong position but the table was set up from the day before, so sod it.

Merc Deploy: I won the roll, picked first. I was given what looked to be the less advantageous side.

No pic, because I'm lazy and working within the PP forums image per post limit.

Galleon went straight in the middle to go through a blob of water, Snake went to his left theorising that the nearby forest in my friendly zone would be ideal for Prowl. Halberdiers went either side.

IPB Image
Troll Deploy: For this game, Brown=hills, green blobs = TREES.

Proxies, so the list from left to right.
Gerlak = Braylan
Black Ogrun?=Highway Peoples
Helljack=Bomber
Mauler and Axer are.....Mauler and Axer!
Gaspy=Calandra
Stones are Stones with Stones of Rock. I mean Stone.
Helljack=Bomber #2
Warwitch=Lannysa

IPB Image
Merc 1: On clock, the photos will suffer from both that and apparently those yellow zones are just the worst.

Basically everything runs forward, Fortune goes on the SNake, Counter Measures on Alexia, Failsafe on the Galleon.
Saxon gives some Pathfinder to the left Halbs.
Alexia legs it to the middle of the board, lusting after some delicious Roadkill souls (Readthrough Note: Rethink on if this joke about the Highway chumps works or not).

IPB Image
Troll 1: On the right side, Lannysa legs it into the zone and the right Helljack/Bomber uses his Animus and blows up four Halbs on the right.
Everything else goes toward the left.
The Mauler/Axer/Calandra climb on the strategic hill and put up Star Crossed.
The Highwayman chock up behind the Obstruction of doom.
Left Bomber mimics its brethren on the right, but fails to scatter onto anything.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I upkeep everything.
I breathe a sigh of relief that MacBain was not impeded by me having an attack of the dumb this time.
Plan is to jam up, Galleon will try to drag in the Mauler but if it fails I'll throws invincible models in the way.

Plan is go, Alexia starts us off by charging the Highway man, she knocks one down.
Galleon advances, shoots down the knockdowned Highwayman and pops a couple members of the Stone, revs up the Harpoon on the Mauler. Lands the boosted Star Crossed 9, drags it in and misses with it's melee attack.
Ragman Darkfields the Galleon, then the Snake moves across and eats the Mauler, Warbeast Bond and Paralysis making a mock job of Star Crossed.
MacBain feats, rolls max, I throw a token on Dahlia, Gorman, Alexia and Halbs from each unit. He then throws Counter Measures on the left Halberdiers.
Gorman clouds in front of MacBain.
Right Halberdiers get Concealment from Dougal and run up into the right zone.
Mid way through moving the left Halberdier unit Trolls concede.

It is awkward from here, the Highwayman will have to backup and the Halberdiers with Countermeasures will just follow and maul them. Three Thralls are plonking down somewhere, I'll kill a Heavy a turn with Galleon.

Clock is probably the best win condition for Trolls at this point, it was 47min to my 39, that should still be plenty of time for me to push it through.

I will definitely feel clock pressure with this list in future, Halberdiers are easy (Galleon screw ups not withstanding), but the other pieces need to not be wasted for me to do well in the games.

This finished quick enough that we happily cruise to another game, next one goes the distance.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 12 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #33

Next game, into the Antarctic one. Still with the SUSSbreaker, as I played the Dwarf into him last time we push war dollies against each other and made pew pew noises.

MacBain1 - Galleon, Sylyss, Dahlia + Skarath, Alexia2, Ragman, Gorman, Piper, Saxon, 2x Halberdiers

It's a me, one of the shunned children of the previous edition.

Vyross1 - Imperatus, 2x Sphinx, 3x Arcanist, 2x Sentinels + UA + Soulless Escort, Sentinel SOlo weapon mastery guy
Objective: Arcane Wonder

Playing Extraction (aka Baseball diamond). Field is strewn with forests, now the brown blobs, with one hill represented by the Green, an Obstruction and water on the left.

IPB Image
Merc deploy: I won the roll (I have no need of Anastasia?).

A fairly routine deploy, Galleon central, Snake on the side with a forest to hide in, Halbs outflanking. Saxon left, Piper right for sweet Pathfinder goodness.

IPB Image
Ret Deploy: Jacks up the guts, Sentinels on either flank.

Couple proxies scattered in, primarily Rahn as the UA for the left unit, Aiyanna as one of the Arcanists.

IPB Image
Merc 1: My stuff runs forward, Fortune on the Snake, Failsafe on the Galleon. Didn't bother with Counter Measure against the opposing four or so lists.

No fear of AoE's at this point, so Halbs blobbed up without fear.

IPB Image
Ret 1: It all moves up, the Sentinels go into three man pods. Imperatus gets Righteous Vengeance and goes to the right, followed by one Sphinx. The left Rahnian Sentinels get Inviolable Resolve.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Not as blurry a pic! Moral victory!

Upkeeps stay going. It's chock up with Halberdiers, feat, wait out to score top of 3.

Alexia runs up to nab souls.
Galleon stays out of Imperatus' Mobility Charge range, shoots down a couple of the left Sentinels.
Snake slithers into the trench, puts up Animus, maxes Fury to pop two Sentinels and leave one corroded.

MacBain feats, rolls average. Picks Dahlia, Alexia, Gorman, bunch of Halberdiers from each unit.
He then hides behind a Gorman Cloud and camps three. I forget that Birds Eye means the Cloud does nothing.

Both Halb units run forward with Pathfinder on a stick applied, feat models leading.

Dahlia runs up on the left. She can't get into range for herupkeep to stop the Sentinels giving out Orders, I'm hoping Mr 180 Degrees moves forward with Vengeance to go under the Aura.

IPB Image
Ret 2: Spells upkept.

The left Venators move up with Vengeance, go under Dahlia's aura. Score. They knock down MacBain's feat chumps.

On the left, The Sentinels move around, I trigger Counterblast. I stupidly hit Dahlia, who I forget to leave a Fury on and not max the snake, so she goes to 1 box and corroded. My spark is not bright. The Counterblast ends up killing one Sentinel.

The combat solo guy whose name I forget charges Alexia and knocks unicorn down.

On the right Imperatus and Sphinx move around behind the forest, the principal being that if I drag the Sphinx in to kill it then Imperatus will be in charge range of the Galleon and kill it.

The right Sentinels kill a bunch of the Steelheads around them, as you do.
The Sentinels also both pop their Iron Zeal mini-feat.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Time to commiserate my ingenious potential for self sabotage.

I roll for Dahlias corrosion.

I roll a one.

Dice rolling is a skill right?

Having survived myself, time to continue the plan. Score this turn, keep chewing away. Not fall for the Imperatus trap or killing any of the right Sentinels and triggering Vengeance junk.

In line with the plan, upkeeps hang around, Galleon gets a bunch of focus.

The right Halberdiers, having been reduced a lot by stabs and jack shots, just run around and jam up.

Dahlia and Piper take a flag each.

Galleon holds back, I'm also careful to not give Side step options. Imperatus can probably still get to me off Alexia or Piper, but without initials the Galleon is pretty happy to live then take him out. He tries to shoot down the Objective, I roll minimal shots and leave the damn thing on 5 boxes.

Alexia then sits up and spawns three Thralls.
First Thrall hits the killy solo that knocked down Alexia, shamefully hits but leaves her on one box. The other Thrall finishes the job, then the final free model goes into the Objective and just manages to pop the thing.
The Snake does it's Animus, eats a Sentinel on the left. The Halbs charge, the pop another couple Sentinels with CMA's.

Gorman walks into the open after I deride his cloud. He drops another one because that's all he has going right now.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

IPB Image
Ret 3: Elves need to contest the flags and start Buzz sawing through me. Or kill MacBain, but that'd be lame.

On the left, the Sentinels stab around, though there is only a handful left.
Imperatus charges in, explodes a Thrall and a bunch of Steelheads, only two survive the hurricane.
The left Sphinx runs to contest the left flag. Dahlia plays her flute louder but it does nothing.

The other Sphinx goes into the central forest and explodes the nearest Thrall.
Vyross goes in and kill a load of jamming Steelheads.
The right Sentinels then explode forward, brutally murdering Piper.

IPB Image
Merc 4: The right flag is looking unhealthly for me, that Sentinel unit is full membership and still has Vengeance nonsense.

Ideas at this point are score off the left, keep MacBain safe. If I can kill Imperatus and one Sphinx I'll also be well ahead on Attrition.

The remaining Thrall from last turn wiggles a bit in a position or Gorman to Blind Imperatus.
The left Steelheads and Saxon jam up the few remaining Sentinels.
That was a time occupying action, as I was having difficulties. The Galleon had to run to get to the Sphinx, but if I did the Blind then I was going to struggle to get into melee with it.

The Snake wonders up, attacks the relevant Sphinx and mauls it.

I realise another error I did, as Gorman activates now and Rusts the Sphinx. Alexia then stands, spawns three more Thralls and wiggles a bit. Two of the Thralls go into the Sphinx and finish it off. Last Thrall dings Imperatus.

The scoring plan is now successful, I decide to go with the kill Imperatus plan with the Galleon anyway.
Galleon runs up the board, engages Imperatus. Ragman walks up behind him, uses Death Field.
MacBain casts Jackhammers. The first two hit and pop the Phoenix Protocol.

The next three miss.

I'll call that dice luck averaging out for Dahlia not dying to her own battlegroups abilities.

MacBain then walks across to the left forest.

Mercs go to 4 CP.

IPB Image
Ret 4: Left Sentinels rev up again, kill another Steelhead and Saxon. One Steelhead remains.

Imperatus lops off Alexia's head, kills most of the Thralls, Sidesteps to Dahlia who moved to a blocking spot and eviscerates her. The Snake slinks away.

Right Sentinels charge the Galleon, a few run around the right flag and two go for Ragman. They take out most of the right side of the Galleon and miss Ragman.

Vyross feats, charge the Galleon after casting Mobility to get through the forest. The first attack lands, rolls one shy of Max damage. Second attack misses, because Def 9 is mighty.

The Sphinx gets Arcanist buffed, then charges and finishes off the Galleon.

IPB Image
Merc 5: The only model contesting the left flag is Imperatus, active with his Phoenix boxes. and Force Field.

I have one Steelhead stuck on the Rahnian Sentinels, Gorman, a Thrall, MacBain, Ragman engaged by two Sentinels and Sylyss who is so far back he hasn't been seen since the photos of the turn 1's.

Gorman walks up to the left flag, Rusts Imperatus. The Thrall charges Imperatus in the back, does five points to the Shield.

MacBain Energises out of the forest, charges the Sphinx, kills it with a focus to spare.

Mercs go to 5 CP.

IPB Image

Me on the right.

Best Mark 3 game so far.

Obvious screw up with Counterblast, I have an awful tendency to max the Snakes Fury when I really don't need to.

Otherwise reasonably happy with the moves made, though on my turn four I should have just let the Thralls/Snake/Alexia hold up Imperatus and used the Galleon to drag in the second Sphinx and kill it.

Imperatus would be needed to kill the Galleon, but it'd be no where near the left flag and it's a winner. Galleon gets flooded by the right Sentinels, but a Sweep and Jackhammers lets him clear himself pretty well.

Halberdiers definitely a better choice than Kayazy. Only thing I'm weighing up now is Saxon or Anastasia, full Pathfinder is nice but I got quite lucky to win the die rolls and get first for some sweet jamming. Could also try to wrangle in Eliminators or swap Alexia's, but those are bigger changes than I want to make at the moment.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 18 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #34

Wintercon hits!

Obviously running the two lists I've been playing:

Gorten1 - 2x Bashers, 3x Gunners, 2x Blasters, Rorsch + Brine, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, 2x Eliminator units, Acosta, Tinker, Aiyanna and Holt

MacBain1 - Galleon, Sylyss, Dahlia + Skarath, Alexia2, Ragman, Gorman, Piper, Saxon, 2x Halberdiers

Round 1 is Outlast (Two Circle zones), i go into the mighty Dingaling, who'd dropped his normal Legion and joined the angry pointy ear train.

It's Vyross 2 and Ossyan 1, I immediately go to Gorten. Ossyan usually deletes the Galleon and I go sad face. Sure enough, It's the big-O that goes down.

Ossyan1 - Discordia, a.....Manticore? I genuinely have no idea it was some kind of heavy, Sentinels + UA, 2x Ghost Sniper, 2x Arcanist, Stormfall Archers, Eiryss2, Mage Hunter Strike Force + UA

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I won the roll and picked first, intent being to get up the board before the Strike FOrce deleted my world, I wasn't enthused at the prospect of having to feat on a single unit.

Crocs and Defence smucks went left where the water was, Gorten went toward the right zone with all the jacks (That green blob is a forest), Ninja Pig went far right.

IPB Image
Ret Deploy: Strike force across the Gorten/Jack pile. On the normal deploy line, jacks went central, Sentinels look to take the left zone.

That green blob on the right is, again, a forest.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff runs up, Crocs Submerge. Kayazy stay out of range from the Strike Force. Aiyanna/Holt hide behind the forest, Gorten and jacks make for the right zone.

Ninja Pig, being a ninja, disdained the photographic evidence of his arrival and tried to duck far to the right. Brine, convinced the limelight was okay, wonder over to him and gave him a headbutt attack. Rorsh asks "The hell man?" and reflects it. Basically Feign Death mocks the Strike Force.

Strength of Granite is on the right Basher, Solid Granite is up.

IPB Image
Ret 1: Sentinels jog into the left zone. Jacks move up the middle to the wall.

Strikeforce spread around, the front ones ping one of the Bashers for a few points.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 18 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #35

IPB Image
Merc 2: Ret Feat impending. Eugh.

Plan is to kill Mage Hunters if I can, block up, see what survives to start scoring my next turn.

On the left zone, I could kill a couple Sentinels, but that doesn't feel worth it. Instead the Eliminators run in to jam, Acosta stands in the space after them, the Crocs go at the back of the zone with Submerge and Star Cross up.

Aiyanna and Holt wonder into the forest and stealth.

The Gun Bunnies move around, one in the forest, two in the zone. Theyt shoot...something? I guess the two in the zone miss the chump behind the wall?

Spray Bunnies run to the right.

One Basher runs forward, then gets Slammed by the Strength of Granite Basher to kill a couple Strike Force and do sod all damage to the jack of unknown origins.

Gorten and the Pigs go in the trench, the Dwarf hiding behind the Pork.

IPB Image
Ret 2: Ossyan hangs way back, doesn't feat.

On the left, a Ghost Sniper runs to a spot to then be targeted by Discordia's spray, bypassing Submerge and killing Wrongeye. The Crocs go away and I am very sad as the tough roll goes awry.

The Sentinels shuffle around, stuck on the Eliminators. They manage to kill them all.
Acosta is now all alone on the left side of the board facing Discordia, a full unit of Sentinels and a Ghost Sniper. He'll be fine?

On the right, the unidentified Jack sits up and splats the suicide Basher.
The Stormfall Archers and Strike Force hang around, toe the zone a bunch, they get rid of the most forward spray bunny.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Well, this is going to be difficult. I'll have to just contest the left zone with Acosta and clear out the right to score. Hopefully I can save my feat, which will give me a chance for the game win I won't have if I have to deal with both Ret heavies.
Acosta runs to the left edge of the left zone and braces.
On the right, the Gun Bunnies zot a pair of Stormfall Archers and one of the Ghost Snipers.
The Spray Bunny shoots at the jerk guy behind the wall and stuffs it up.
The Basher moves up and pops his blast, killing the wall jerk and another Strike Force chump.
The Pigs go in, Rorsh hides behind the wall, Brine throws the last contesting Strike Forcereer into another member of the unit, killing both.
Gorten camps and runs to the bottom right corner of the right zone.

Mercs go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Ret 3: Acosta gets shot by the Ghost Sniper for a couple point.
The Sentinels go into mini groups and start legging it to teh right zone.
The unknown jack gets Admonition.
The remaining Strike Force toe the top edge of the zone, they pop the remaining Spray bunny.
Jack of Origin Mystical walks in and destroys the last Basher.
Discordia charges, toes the right zone and kills a Gun Bunny.
Eiryss goes into the right zone, disrupts one of the two remaining Gun Bunnies.
Holt also dies at some point, though I don't recall to what.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Well, this looks bad. I have to feat to score and keep Brine alive, whilst not triggering the damn Admonition.
Brine passes his frenzy check thankfully.

On the left, Acosta runs to engage a Sentinel clump. Aiyanna also legs it to toe the edge of the zone I don't really care about.

Gorten wonders into the zone, Feat pushes the stuff in the left and camps his Focus.
The remaining Strike Force and Eiryss get killed by Bunny and Rorsh attacks, the Ninja Pigs go to the right edge of the zone, mini Pig with no Fury behind Big Pig.

Mercs go to 4 CP.

IPB Image
Ret 4: Ossyan feats, wonders up behind the forest, Dead Eyes some models.

Sentinels charge into the right zone, on the way the Officer gets killed by a Free Strike from Acosta. They pop Iron Zeal and kill a Gun Bunny. The Ghost Sniper aims and kills Aiyanna.

Discordia limps over and does a Spray.

Unidentified jack turns out to have a Slam gun, knocks Brine back an inch into Rorsh. Rolls high enough to kill mini-pig.

I pass the tough roll.

IPB Image
Merc 5: I need a CP or the assassination to win.

I can't see a means to get Brine to Ossyan and nothing else can do it. Clearing the right zone of Iron Zealed Sentinels and an Admonitioned heavy is a no go.

I have a chance courtesy of Acosta's free strike previously.

Being out of command, the Sentinels in the lelf zone aren't contesting and can't free strike, leaving just the Ghost Sniper.
Acosta wonders around, manages to get to the Sniper and gut him.
I do some activation's without value, then go to 5 CP.

I had 15 minutes to go, RetaDing had 17.

Squicked that one, definitely messed up with the Crocs. Needed to have them further left, outside of Discordia's spray range. No reason they couldn't have gone half a foot to the left. Had the Eliminators then killed some Sentinels, I throw Acosta in. Vengeance attacks on Acosta under Star Crossed sounds good for me.

Anyway, round 1 passed, three to go!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 18 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #36

Round 2, Wintercon Masters continues.

Before I forget, I'd been told the previous round that Acosta needed to Dodge before Retaliatory strike, so I've been screwing that up for a while. Bugger.

The lists remain:

Scenario is The Pit, central circle zone, killbox, friendly flag a side. In practice this has been excellent for Gorten, who can sit and Dominate the friendly flag behind a wall while an Eliminator gets sacrificed each turn to harass the opposing flag.

My glorious opponent is in the infallibly polite Harrrriot, who I associate with carrots for reasons unknown to me. It's the faction the internet loves to tell me what to think about, ye old Skorne, Rasheth Butterpants and Morghoul 1.

MacBain looked to be fine, but his feat could easily be nullified somewhat by Paingivers or Morghoul himself. Given the scenario as well, Gorten became the easy drop. Harjam dropped athletic half of his pairing.

Morghoul1 - 2x Aradus Sentinel, Gladiator, Extoller, Pain Givers, Karax, Wrong w/Snapjaw + Spitter, Gobber Chef

I'm reasonably comfortable, the Aradus shooting is weakened by my heavy Jack loading and Snapjaw being immune to shooting. His Snapjaw jas enough point investment I'll happily feat to kill him if it's the slow scenario game.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I lost the roll and desperately hoped Harghoul would pick first. Sadly he correctly picked second, which is a slight wrench in my scenario win plan. He also gets a flag on a hill and a nice wall, my flag is bordering some waterfront property of the bad kind (You know. Like you bought an amazing mansion and discovered the Kardashians were your neighbours after you moved in).

Ninja Pigs went way left, Brine is the logical target for the Aradus, so hopefully they'll deploy against him, then the Ninjas can use their far superior movement ability to move either waaaaay left or to be behind the Rhulic jacks.

Gorten and jacks central, Croc Defence boat ready for the right.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: Well, one of the photos had to be the worst I guess.

Aradus ignored my Ninja Pig bait, lined up behind the wall. Snapjaw and Karax left side of the brick, Gladiator/Wrongeye centre, Morghoul/Spitter right.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff moves up, Pigs go for the outflank on the left.

Strength of Granite on Basher, Solid Ground up. Couple lights hang back ready to slam, though that's not likely to be useful.

The Eliminators spread out a bit, I'm hoping the Aradus will waste shots to kill one or two and trigger Acosta's Vengeance while he hides in a trench. Crocs Submerge.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: Skorne stuff moves forward, the Aradus run their stubby little legs to the right next to their friendly flag.

Gladiator goes up the guts as the Anchor, Minion models stay separated with Snappy on the left, Wrong chap middle, Shredder's Greatest Enemy on the right.

Admonition goes on the forward most Aradus.

IPB Image
Merc 2: One day this Vengeance plan will work and it's going to be incredible. Unless people read that plan being constantly written somewhere.

Spells are upkept, plan is to threaten the Skorne flag with my Crocs, wing the opposing beasts a bit.

The Pigs move up, there's a nice wall there, I position Brine so that Snapjaw can't attack him, whereas next turn I'll be able to pop smoke and send the pigs in if they have a target.

Gorten throws out an Eruption discourage the Karax from jamming in, then goes and sits on my flag.
Rhulic Jacks make a wall in front of him, without camp two Aradus will straight up kill him.

The Gun Bunnies shoot the Gladiator a bit.

One unit of Eliminators charge in, one into the Admonitioned Aradus, the other into the Gladiator. Admo not triggered. They do Combo strikes for some boxes.

Acosta and other Kayazy re-position again.

Snapjaw moves to a spot, pre-measured out to not be in the Sentinels Charge range, but threatening the Skorne flag. This doesn't actually work, as I did it forgetting his tail now only has 1 inch reach, not 2. Oh well, we'll get to that.

IPB Image
Skorne 2:The Karax Press Forward, one runs to contest my flag. Four go into the Eliminator on the Gladiator. They do a big combined stab and miss.

Gladiator puts Rush on the Admo Aradus, also fails to kill the Eliminator on it.

The Admonition Aradus tramples, puts itself under my Star Crossed, so buys attacks into nothing but failure.
Aradus #2 now has a go, also bungles it.
Finally the Spitter goes in and ends this terrible nonsense by killing that Kayazy, which was contesting the Skorne flag.

Wrongeye moves away from Ninja Pig, but puts Snapjaw out of his control area and so doesn't Submerge, instead Star Crossing while camping 1.

Paingivers do some maintenance, Morghoul moves to the Skorne flag.

Skorne go to 1CP.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Those attack rolls were miserable to watch. Jammining Eliminators are good, they're not meant to be that good.

Strategically, it's time to begin the slow score, tactically it's kill that Gator time. Wrongeye has one Fury and can be shot, this is the dream.

Spells are upkept, one Basher kills the contesting Karax.

The remaining pair of Kayazy go, the first moves to stab the forward Aradus. Admonition triggers, the bug moves to a spot to stop Snapjaw going into Morghoul. The other Kayazy stabs a Karax.

I then have my Granited Basher Slam that Aradus, knocks him a good seven inches away, he then follows up. Does not great damage.

Two of the Gunners move into the Trench and shoot Wrongeye, the first strips the transfer, the second does a few points.
The Kayazy who is immune to Karax then goes into Wrongeye and guts him. It's looking good.

Spray Bunny moves, kills four Karax.

Acosta charge the back Aradus, I roll Amazing and do 25ish points of damage. My Crocs move around, Snapjaw goes in and finishes that Aradus off as we realise his tail is one inch and so can't attack Morghoul regardless of my hopes and dreams.

Ninja Pigs move to more relevant spots.

Scores level at 1 CP apiece.

Skorne 3: Miss a pic alas.
Aradus walks around, kills my poorly placed Wrongeye.
Gladiator kills Acosta and contests the zone behind the wall.
Spitter moves to be a meat shield for Morghoul.
The forward Eliminator proves invulnerable to Paingivers and the Gobber Chef as well.
Morghoul hangs on the flag and contests.
A Karax runs to contest my flag.

Skorne go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 4: I'm in an excellent spot here. Kill the Gladiator and I'll have the centre zone as well.

The Granite Basher still does sod all damage, but it and the Eliminator squad surround it so now it can't move freely.

Kayazy Squad Suicide Solo (Now referred to as KISS) is still going strong, she walks over and kills the Extoller and is exactly four away from the opposing flag.

Gun Bunnies finish off the Karax and Pain Givers. The Gobber Chef remains.

Ninja Pigs go forward, Brine uses his Animus, charges, crit knockdowns the Gladiator then comfortably eats him with a Fury to spare.

A Gunner runs to the Skorne Flag.

Skorne are on 2, I go to 4 CP.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: Lacking any means to stop me winning, Morghoul goes for some more kill points.

POW 9 non-weaponmaster attacks are sad, but he has a Fury left after killing a Gun Bunny, then I get up on scenario.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

I'm not sure what Skorne does here. If they jam up, my feat will get things cleared off, I contest their flag with ease, their are good trenches and walls for my jacks and Acosta to be cozy in. Definitely favourable to me.

Currently I have no real context for how Rasheth goes into it, but in killbox that almost feels worth using Bashers to grand slam Gorten forward either for the kill or to get some free CP (Speed 1 getting back into the Killbox? The lols. All the lols.).

Even with that Hardship, Jarry was great to play into (We drew each other first round at Clash, but then some kind of error caused a re-draw), took the hard knocks like a champ.

I got my 50% win rate goal, so now it can only go down hill from here!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 18 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #37

Round 3, the drill should recognisable at this point.

My lists:

I draw one of the few Legion players, Marty's eccentric friend, the Lloydster.

Scenario is Extraction/Baseball Diamond.

It's Thags 2 with a bunch of Heavies or Lylth 1 with an Angelius and Ogrun.

I had somewhat of a dilemma, the least of which being that this was one of the factions I had yet to play into in Mark 3.

The largest one was that if I drop Gorten, which is my preference that this thread might, just maybe, have given away, then I will be list locked into MacBain in the last round and there are matchups the main man Mustache just cannot deal with.

The scenario also not being super live but playable settles it and I drop MacBain. It's the Big Messiah Thags man.

I think this pans out two ways, either the Galleon gets popped early and MacBain has to go for the Grievous Wounds assassination (Don't post yet, we'll get to that), or Galleon survives being alphaed and I can snooze my way to a jackhammer win.

Thagrosh2 - Carnivean, 2x Angelius, Seraph, Scythean, 2x Stalkers, 2x Shepherd, Forsaken

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I win the roll and frown. Both sides of the table have a trench the Angels can hide in. I elect to go first to get my stuff up the board.

Pikes either side, other stuff in the middle, Alexia on the left flank.

IPB Image
Legion Deploy: Carni left, pretty much everything else right. Base with the sad remnant of a broken tail is your typical Legion vs floor aftermath alas.

Stalkers sit in the forest in the Legion AD line.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff all moves up, I put Fortune on the Galleon. It'll need that to land an actual Harpoon shot, then I can cycle Fail Safe on it.

Dahlia throws up her upkeep as well.

IPB Image
Legion 1: Stuff moves up, Dragons Blood goes on the Carni. Stalkers enjoy picking on poor innocent Steelheads. Sure enough the Angels go into the trench, that clear base behind them in a proxy for the Scythean.

This is the point I finally made the logical leap that had I deployed the Galleon to travel up the other side of my objective the trenches wouldn't have been an issue. Ineptitude at work.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 18 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #38

IPB Image
Merc 2: I wanted to drag in an Angel and kill it, but boosted 13's even with a re-roll are rubbish odds.

Galleon moves up, drags in the Seraph and kills it without issue. It also tries to feed Alexia some souls off the Stalkers and fails at it completely.

MacBain feats to at least make Lloygrosh cast Slaughterhouse. He then backs up a bit and camps to not die to just Beast shooting him.

Halberdiers run around as I scream propoganda at that. It worked for Communism yeah?

Dahlia and Skarath run in front of the Galleon to block up.

IPB Image
Legion 2: Make or break turn.

My things break.

Thagrosh feats, casts Manifest Destiny and charges up killing Skarath. He takes a Steelhead Freestrike on the way that spawns a Harrier.

Steelheads die in droves to Stalkers and the Carnivean spray.

Angels and Scythean clear off Galleon, on the way repulsing Dahlia out of the way.

Feat moves then has the Beasts move to shield Thagrosh.

IPB Image
Merc 3: The plan is go!

Gorman walks up, Blinds Thagrosh. Sylyss walks around and gets him in tap range of El' Thagio.
The Steelheads get out of the way, failing to kill a Stalker on the way.

MacBain charges an Angel, then uses Energiser to move across and get into Thagrosh, turning to get the Angel out of Line of Sight and redirect the charge attack into Thagrosh.
MacBain hits, has the Gang bonus from Sylys.
As the damage rolls begin, it becomes evident that Grievous Wounds no longer stops Transfers and I am, in fact, utterly doomed.

Well, might as well have a literal stab.
MacBain does a few more boosted damage rolls, leaves Thags with no Transfers. Saxon charges him in the back, surviving a freestrike from the Shepherd and does nothing. Alexiahas fails to acquire a soul, so rides up a little bit and does a Hellfire.

Thagrosh survives with a comfortable 11 health.

Legion have a third turn, the Angel headbutts MacBain, Thagrosh eats him with ease.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

Llyeodeon was extremely apologetic about the whole Grievous thing to his credit, though he most certainly didn't need to be. He made the right choices, I did not.

Galleon should have gone up the left side, Skarath should have been kept back. MacBain and Skarath between them can down Legion Heavies, especially with Paralysis on Angels.

Fun game regardless, given the player numbers there is also an extreme outside chance of a 3-1 getting into the next day finals, so there's still technically a chance. More importantly, a chancefor more War Dollies!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 19 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #39

Final Round!

Let's just drop the pretence. My "lists":

Into the Pottsinator, who was on the receiving end of my bafflement for my first mark 3 game.

It's the Skornination, Xerxis1 and Makeda3.

I didn't notice it at the time, but after three straight games of Retribution he was locked into the Empress and couldn't use the General. Oh well.

Scenario is Take and Hold which isn't super live, but I was already dedicated at this point to find a new partner for Gorten anyway, so another MacBain game would serve little purpose.

Makeda3 w/her bros - Tiberion Sentry, Gladiator, Brute, Razor Wurm, Agoniser, Paingivers, Paingiver assassiny unit

Tibbers is an issue as always. Will have to delay with feat, kill the pieces that can contest easily and do the slow scenario game. Attrition wise, The Agoniser needs to die then the beasts need to be knocked off one at a time while the others get delayed. Assassination is utterley up to where Makeda goes in relation to Tibbers.

IPB Image
Mercs Deploy: I think I lost the roll? Ended up with first, which doesn't sound like what I'd want to do.

Akin to round 2, there's a nice blob of water near my flag.

Ninja Bacon is far to the left, Jacks central, Gorten and Croc module to the right.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: UFO's in the shape of arms haunt the Skorne camp, filling them with no fear because no longer are we plagued by the nonsensical psychology rules.

On the AD line, we have Bloodrunners to the left and the Razor Wurm to the far right.

Then there is solid block of the rest of the list.

IPB Image
Mercs 1: The opposing list has approximately zero guns, so don't need to worry as much about the defence tech this turn. Everything runs, one unit of Eliminators ends up far right to get around the water and in event of the Razor Wurm wandering that way.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: Persian Vamps spring forward, most of the Bloodrunners and the Brute go to the Skorne flag with some picnicking on the hill. Two of said Bloodrunners leg it in and engage the nearer Eliminator squad.

Razor Wurm moves forward, looks like it's ready to absorb a Kayazy charge.

Sentinel/Tibbers run to be the front line, followed by everything else. Baby Elephant screams.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 19 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #40

IPB Image
Mercs 2: The water is cramping my style a little bit. Plan is to set up pigs to threaten the Skorne flag, stay out of threat range of the heavies and start chip damage.

Ninja Pigs zoom up the left.

On the right the Eliminators charge the Wurm, the first Combo Strike rolls immense damage, taking out two aspects. The other Eliminator has a go, should be able to kill the beast with ease. Unless she misses, which she does.

Centre wise, the Kayazy there charge a pair of the Bloodrunners around the Skorne flag, gut them and side step around.

A spray Bunny then clears off the jamming Paingivers. The Gun Bunnies then shoot the Brute, the first two roll amazingly well, the last one might very well kill it. Unless it misses, which it does.

Acosta saunters up a bit, Gorten then hides behind some jacks and gives Acosta a wall. Not done with trying to keep one solo going, the Crocs move up to give him some Star Crossed.

One Bunny wondes to be 3.5 inches behind Gorten.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Pottadon wisely rolls his eyes at the prospect of charging Acosta and doesn't do it.

The Brute charged Rorsh, apparently can't handle Bacon as he misses the little Piggy. Along the way he lightly brushes Brine with his shield.

Right side, Razor Wurm gets healed and swings and misses at Kayazy.

Around the Skorne flag, every other Skorne piece descends, the Eliminators disappear in a whirlwind of death.

IPB Image
Mercs 3: Positioning looks good, assassination is go!

A Basher goes into the Sentinel, does sod all but is just there to stop him being pulled into an annoying spot.

Gorten wonders up, feats on every Skorne model but the Tycom up the back, the Brute on the left and the Razor Wurm on the far right.

Gun Bunnies shoot Makeda for a bit, Ninja Pig then drops smokes to shift him and his pet and pop some dragged Paingivers.

Brine then Animus' and moves to Makeda, a freestrike on the way from a Paingiver gives him a Fury. Big Pig then gets the job done with his initials.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

Fairly normal Gortening really, I'd be truly shocked if it worked on Potman again.

That was Masters done for the day, I was happy with my 3-1. Alas, we had four undefeated so no finals for me, strength of schedule put me at 10th out of 50, I'm quite happy with that.

Excellently run tournament by the guys as usual, now to wait a year for the next run at Wintercon Masters.

List wise, completely happy with Gorten. Even if I owned drillers I'd struggle to convince myself to drop the Bashers, super slamming is to good when it works and Strength of Granite lets them kill other heavies in a pinch.

That leads me to trying to work out a new partner.

I think the answer, if I owned the models, would be Durgen, who doesn't give a damn about Satyxis (yay fire!) but the reality is I don't own the jacks, my meta sees enough Durgen and I'm just too Suss enamoured.

In the meantime I intend to try some Magnus 2 and Fiona. Anyone really, though odds are it'll have Dahlia because she's amazing. Couple months down the line will depend on taxes and whether I pick up Cephalyx or Convergence.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 04:36 PM