Reply to this topicStart new topic
> so you want to play 40k?
Forik
post May 27 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #1

The radnomancer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,537

crowdsourcing some peoples opinions of what should be some guidelines for playing 40k at club. these may be in place in order to let people have a fair yet fun game. think of it as a form of comp if you will, it may turn into that. anyhow i was thinking of starting off with a few minor points.

perhaps:
  • no allies
  • one force organisation chart
  • some restriction on fortifications, like none at all
  • some form of credit system, like the one suggested in 40k general discussion but decide on how many credits to spend
  • any accepted house rules
anyhow if this topic becomes a little large i'll start another with the 'rules' in it.

cheers, hugh

This post has been edited by Forik: May 27 2014, 04:27 PM

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
farseer22
post Jun 5 2014, 07:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,428

QUOTE(Forik @ May 27 2014, 04:27 PM) *

crowdsourcing some peoples opinions of what should be some guidelines for playing 40k at club. these may be in place in order to let people have a fair yet fun game. think of it as a form of comp if you will, it may turn into that. anyhow i was thinking of starting off with a few minor points.

perhaps:
  • no allies
  • one force organisation chart
  • some restriction on fortifications, like none at all
  • some form of credit system, like the one suggested in 40k general discussion but decide on how many credits to spend
  • any accepted house rules
anyhow if this topic becomes a little large i'll start another with the 'rules' in it.

cheers, hugh

I like most of this. I think that allies is better now with the new (7th ed) matrix, and maybe deserves a second look. They've killed most of the battle bros. which I think solvs some of the allies problems.

Not really sure how I feel about fortifications, as I've never used them. Maybe a ban on some of the more egregious fortifications, such as the Skysheild landing pad, but leave in the Aegis defense line. Another option would be to restrict some of the upgrades, or who can use them. We could restrict the use of the guns on a defense line to non-character models.

Maybe a general acceptance that 10/20 point armies is a good starting point?

As for house rules, there are some ideas floating around about customizing your "Tactical Objectives" deck. Removing cards that you can't hope to fulfill, such as removing the card that gives you VP for using Warp Charges for Tau, Necrons and Orcs.
+Quote Post
Forik
post Feb 20 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #3

The radnomancer

Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE(farseer22 @ Jun 5 2014, 08:21 AM) *

I like most of this. I think that allies is better now with the new (7th ed) matrix, and maybe deserves a second look. They've killed most of the battle bros. which I think solvs some of the allies problems.

Not really sure how I feel about fortifications, as I've never used them. Maybe a ban on some of the more egregious fortifications, such as the Skysheild landing pad, but leave in the Aegis defense line. Another option would be to restrict some of the upgrades, or who can use them. We could restrict the use of the guns on a defense line to non-character models.

Maybe a general acceptance that 10/20 point armies is a good starting point?

As for house rules, there are some ideas floating around about customizing your "Tactical Objectives" deck. Removing cards that you can't hope to fulfill, such as removing the card that gives you VP for using Warp Charges for Tau, Necrons and Orcs.

sorry for the rez, but how about people picking their objectives, or using only the faction specific ones? there is still the pointed document floating around someplace, or shall we work on our own?

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2020 - 12:52 PM