> Club Campaign 2014, Assault on Ruheberg
Firefox
post Jan 30 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,721

Hi Guys,

Below is the Club Campaign players pack. If you any errors please advice and be patient. I will get to it. So please register for the core Attrition players ASAP after you have had a read.

Regards

Attached File  Assault_on_Ruhrberg_Campaign_V1_3.doc ( 354k ) Number of downloads: 154

Core Players --- [size=3]

Attacker

English - Eldar
Mono - Yet to Advise Army

Defender

Ben - Yet to Advise Army
Firefox - Yet to Advise Army

This post has been edited by Firefox: Feb 21 2014, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Founding and Active Member of NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club

Best Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 20th
Current Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 60th

TO for the Tumult 40K tournament
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Saithis
post Jan 31 2014, 07:24 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,031

I think I'm going to have to get myself a copy of Stronghold Assault.

I like it. I'm not sure how many meets I'm going to get to in the next few months (in fact I'm missing all of February), so I think I'd be best off saying now that I'll be a casual player.

"Raid Mission attack armies will be moving over water for the turn one and hence need to be able to be carried in the water assault craft supplied or have sufficient skimmers or flyers to carry the army. All core players will need to register their army lists before the campaign commences."

Since my Tyranids will be the army I'm using for this, I'd imagine that I'd be an attacker. Does this mean that I'll need to use the water assault craft for my foot gribblies (and Monstrous Creatures)? Will my Gargoyles need to use them, or do their wings give them enough reason to fly across? How will this interact with synapse/instinctive behaviour?

--------------------
Roll a 2D6 and compare to the table below.
2 - Emperor's Children / 3 - [roll again] / 4 - [roll again] / 5 - Tyranids
6 - Slaanesh Daemons / 7 - [roll again] / 8 - Asuryani
9 - Thousand Sons / 10 - Ynnari / 11 - [roll again] / 12 - Emperor's Children
+Quote Post
BIG
post Jan 31 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,152

Wow, that is a mighty piece of work you have compiled there. It is going to take me a little bit of time to get my head around it.

Looking at the force organization restrictions I will need to be a raid player as I can't make more than 2,000 Points without allies for either of my current armies.

I will have a better read through it after work, but another wow, it is a full on bit of work with a lot of intricacies going on.

Ben

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica; XII Ab=mbush Cell, Loyalists of the Twin Primarchs;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby; The Throng of Kark Veng;
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Jan 31 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(Saithis @ Jan 31 2014, 08:24 AM) *

I think I'm going to have to get myself a copy of Stronghold Assault.

I like it. I'm not sure how many meets I'm going to get to in the next few months (in fact I'm missing all of February), so I think I'd be best off saying now that I'll be a casual player.

"Raid Mission attack armies will be moving over water for the turn one and hence need to be able to be carried in the water assault craft supplied or have sufficient skimmers or flyers to carry the army. All core players will need to register their army lists before the campaign commences."

Since my Tyranids will be the army I'm using for this, I'd imagine that I'd be an attacker. Does this mean that I'll need to use the water assault craft for my foot gribblies (and Monstrous Creatures)? Will my Gargoyles need to use them, or do their wings give them enough reason to fly across? How will this interact with synapse/instinctive behaviour?

Hi,

Anything that can fly should be OK and the foot troops we will come up with a nid style water transports.

QUOTE(BIG @ Jan 31 2014, 08:39 AM) *

Wow, that is a mighty piece of work you have compiled there. It is going to take me a little bit of time to get my head around it.

Looking at the force organization restrictions I will need to be a raid player as I can't make more than 2,000 Points without allies for either of my current armies.

I will have a better read through it after work, but another wow, it is a full on bit of work with a lot of intricacies going on.

Ben

Hi

Remeber the point limit does include up to 3 forticficaitons so you can easily supplement your 2,000 points with them to reach 2,250.

Regards

--------------------

+Quote Post
BIG
post Jan 31 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,152

Ok, so the club will have fortifications available for the players?

Also, when were you thinking of kicking this little event off?

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica; XII Ab=mbush Cell, Loyalists of the Twin Primarchs;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby; The Throng of Kark Veng;
+Quote Post
Mono
post Jan 31 2014, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,670

I will have a stack of questions but they are on my phone which I left at home.

there were 3 main questions I had that I can think of off hand.

1. do the GMC vehicles have a point cost, carrying capacity (number of guys that can get in) and type (infantry, bulky etc) or a number cap (how many you can take)?

2. will scout, infiltrate, outflank and deep strike be used?

3. with strategic assets, it may have been because I was reading the document while it was quite late but the assigning process did not make sense to me, especially the standalone fighter entry as it did not look like it could do anything if the opponent had no flyers. So the question is how do you take strategic assets?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
+Quote Post
TheForlornHope
post Jan 31 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,678

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the effort you have put into this campaign, I did not expect it to be so detailed.

You can sign me up with my Eldar War host, preferably on the attackers side as I don't really want to use any fortifications.

Now I just wanted to make sure I am understanding things correctly.

As an attacker I would be allowed the following....

2 HQ
3 Elites
6 Troop
4 Fast Attack (including the extra one you give)
4 Heavy Support (including the extra one the siege war force chart gives me)
1 Fortification

Kind Regards
English

--------------------
God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started.
— Bjorn the Fell-Handed
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mono
post Jan 31 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #8

Can forge world be used?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Jan 31 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(BIG @ Jan 31 2014, 02:01 PM) *

Ok, so the club will have fortifications available for the players?

Also, when were you thinking of kicking this little event off?

I am happy to loan my bastion, ageis and skyshield.

The campaign is scheduled to start in March.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Firefox
post Jan 31 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Mono @ Jan 31 2014, 04:12 PM) *

I will have a stack of questions but they are on my phone which I left at home.

there were 3 main questions I had that I can think of off hand.

1. do the GMC vehicles have a point cost, carrying capacity (number of guys that can get in) and type (infantry, bulky etc) or a number cap (how many you can take)?
2. will scout, infiltrate, outflank and deep strike be used?

3. with strategic assets, it may have been because I was reading the document while it was quite late but the assigning process did not make sense to me, especially the standalone fighter entry as it did not look like it could do anything if the opponent had no flyers. So the question is how do you take strategic assets?

Hi Mono,

A1/ No points cost, capacity will depend on what we can source, suspect at least one large and several small.

A2/ Normal 6th Ed rules apply except where started otherwise or unclear.

A3/ Commander nominates if they are to be used for the mission if allowed by the mission. The Eskort Fighta goes with Bomma, both make up the squadron, as its protection against other flyers and has no capability other than anit-flyers.

QUOTE(TheForlornHope @ Jan 31 2014, 05:48 PM) *

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the effort you have put into this campaign, I did not expect it to be so detailed.

You can sign me up with my Eldar War host, preferably on the attackers side as I don't really want to use any fortifications.

2 HQ
3 Elites
6 Troop
1 Fortification

Kind Regards
English

QUOTE(TheForlornHope @ Jan 31 2014, 05:48 PM) *

Hello Wayne,

2 HQ
3 Elites
6 Troop
1 Fortification

Kind Regards
English

Hi Mate,

Yes you have a valid FOC for the campaign.

QUOTE(Mono @ Jan 31 2014, 06:12 PM) *

Can forge world be used?

No - too hard to balance with such a large points count.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 1 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #11

I will be signing up for the core players, at this point I am not worried if I am attacker or defender

questions/suggestions for Raiding missions

for the attacker in addition to skimmers I think that jet packs, chimeras and land raiders should be able to start on the table. jet pack as they should be able to hover over the water, chimeras and land raiders as they are supposed to be water proof and setup for amphibious operations.

What happens if vehicles get destroyed or immobilised over the water?

on page 24 where the GMC vehicles are listed the large craft is listed twice and no small craft is listed.

attrition missions

why does the inner defence line for the north eastern sector not get the strongpoint citadel Cannon

strategic liabilities, can they get in transports?

how do the ork bomma/fightas come on?

the argus AA cannon, what is the range for this and can it fire at ground targets or only flying targets?

argos cannon is listed as being able to take a weapon upgrade, how many can be taken and how are they fired? (automated or can they be manned)

for casualty replacement, how are what you get back determined and is in on a per model or per point basis?

also on casualty replacement is it based on what my army lost? for example I lose 50% of my army, do I get 80% of the 50% back?

what happens in a mission requiring scoring units if my scoring units have not been replaced?

Mission 3, does the attacker move on first turn all does everything come on from reserve?

I would also like to make a suggestion related to scoring units. To encourage armies to have unit selections from all categories be used have different missions count as scoring depending on the mission be played.

what I am getting at is something like this.

Mission 1
as the attacker is trying to move quickly and the defender should have had time to dig in well
Attacker - Fast attack scoring
Defender - Heavy support scoring

Mission 2
as essentially a killpoint mission, no additional rules

Mission 3
The best troops on both sides are being committed to the battle
both attacker and defender have elites as scoring units

Mission 4
the attacker commits their heaviest units to destroy the defenders bunkers, while the defenders send their fastest units out to hold up the attackers.
Attacker - Heavy support scoring
Defender - Fast attack scoring

Mission 5
both sides are close to exhausting their strength
no additional scoring units

Mission 7
I see the counter attack mission as the defender using what units are quickly at hand while the attacker is hit at a point where they only have their reserve units.
both attacker and defender roll a D3 the result makes the relevant category scoring - 1 Elite, 2 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support

Mission 8
both attacker and defender send reactionary forces to collect the missile

both attacker and defender roll a D3 the result makes the relevant category scoring - 1 Elite, 2 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support

As this mission is like the relic there is one other modification, normally the relic can additionally be moved in the assault phase with unit with jet packs or jet bikes, I would suggest that the truck can only be "driven" in the movement phase

sorry for the wall of text but personally I prefer to have as many of the potential issues answered before these things start so that everyone can just enjoy the event itself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 2 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #12

this suggestion may be a bit too harsh but for the attrition games would it be too much to suggest that only the winner of any given game can retrieve immobilised vehicles?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Firefox
post Feb 3 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(Mono @ Feb 1 2014, 08:55 PM) *

I will be signing up for the core players, at this point I am not worried if I am attacker or defender
questions/suggestions for Raiding missions

for the attacker in addition to skimmers I think that jet packs, chimeras and land raiders should be able to start on the table. jet pack as they should be able to hover over the water, chimeras and land raiders as they are supposed to be water proof and setup for amphibious operations.

What happens if vehicles get destroyed or immobilised over the water?

on page 24 where the GMC vehicles are listed the large craft is listed twice and no small craft is listed.
attrition missions

A: Good spot - I will add a section of rules for units in water.

why does the inner defence line for the north eastern sector not get the strongpoint citadel Cannon

A: The fortification was not built in time, so just the 3.

strategic liabilities, can they get in transports?

A: Yes but with a restriction or two - will detail in updated pack.

how do the ork bomma/fightas come on?

A: Reserve but test to entry is on first turn.

the argus AA cannon, what is the range for this and can it fire at ground targets or only flying targets?

A: 4 x 6' high altitude and indirect and 1 x 6' direct has Skyfire and Intercept.

argos cannon is listed as being able to take a weapon upgrade, how many can be taken and how are they fired? (automated or can they be manned)

A: The Strongpoint is a fortification so can be upgraded.

for casualty replacement, how are what you get back determined and is in on a per model or per point basis?

A: I tis points basis and in a priority order with troop units first.

also on casualty replacement is it based on what my army lost? for example I lose 50% of my army, do I get 80% of the 50% back?

A: No you are replaced back to 100%, 80% etc..

what happens in a mission requiring scoring units if my scoring units have not been replaced?

A: No troop unit replacement is a priority.

Mission 3, does the attacker move on first turn all does everything come on from reserve?
I would also like to make a suggestion related to scoring units. To encourage armies to have unit selections from all categories be used have different missions count as scoring depending on the mission be played.
what I am getting at is something like this.

A: The units come in from reserve at turn 1. Also I like your idea about the various different units for scoring in the missions. Will put out a revised pack in a week or two.

Mission 1
as the attacker is trying to move quickly and the defender should have had time to dig in well
Attacker - Fast attack scoring
Defender - Heavy support scoring
Mission 2
as essentially a killpoint mission, no additional rules
Mission 3
The best troops on both sides are being committed to the battle
both attacker and defender have elites as scoring units
Mission 4
the attacker commits their heaviest units to destroy the defenders bunkers, while the defenders send their fastest units out to hold up the attackers.
Attacker - Heavy support scoring
Defender - Fast attack scoring
Mission 5
both sides are close to exhausting their strength
no additional scoring units
Mission 7
I see the counter attack mission as the defender using what units are quickly at hand while the attacker is hit at a point where they only have their reserve units.
Mission 8
both attacker and defender send reactionary forces to collect the missile

As this mission is like the relic there is one other modification, normally the relic can additionally be moved in the assault phase with unit with jet packs or jet bikes, I would suggest that the truck can only be "driven" in the movement phase
sorry for the wall of text but personally I prefer to have as many of the potential issues answered before these things start so that everyone can just enjoy the event itself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 3 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(BIG @ Jan 31 2014, 08:39 AM) *

Ben

If you need borrow anything I can loan some stuff

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 3 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #15

Wayne

before you release the updated version I am happy to have a read through in case of any additional clarifications needed.

something Wayne also mentioned on Sunday was that core players can also sign up for raid missions. the only requirement was that when given the option of a core mission or a raid mission the core mission has priority.

And I will restate here, I am signing up as a core player, however I have no preference for attacker or defender and will assign to which ever side needs the extra players. I am doing this so that any suggestions I make are for the good of the campaign or my own sense of humour and do not benefit one side over the other, for this reason I will also not be selecting which army I use until I know what side I am on.

This post has been edited by Mono: Feb 4 2014, 12:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 4 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #16

wayne in the last stand mission, where do reserves come on from?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 4 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #17

scorched earth mission

the attacker needs to hold an objective for 2 whole game turns.

when does the count start, for example turn 2 unit moves in and holds the objective, does the turn count then start at the en of turn 2 movement and disarm at the end of turn 4 movement?

to contest and restart the disarm turn count do I just need to get a contesting unit with in range of the objective for a single phase?

for example attacker is marines and defender is eldar.

the marines have been holding the objective for a turn. during their movement phase a unit of jetbikes gets within range of the objective and contests it, during the assault phase the jetbikes boost away. Is contesting the objective in the shooting phase or the end of the movement phase enough to reset the disarm counter to zero?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dvaston
post Feb 4 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 5,183

Copy pasting my comments from the other thread into here:

As discussed, removing Scout or Outflank from the Attacker for the Last Stand Mission would a good idea otherwise they can get attacked from potentially 4 directions at once. I also reckon you need an 18" buffer between the attacker and defender deployment zones, otherwise the attacker can first turn assault the defender. Anyway - its up to you, I am interested to see how it goes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Feb 8 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Hi Guys,

Starting to list core players.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post Feb 8 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Firefox @ Feb 8 2014, 09:12 PM) *

Hi Guys,

Starting to list core players.

Has the players pack been updated?

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 05:43 PM