Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Club Campaign 2014, Assault on Ruheberg
Mono
post Mar 3 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #41

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,670

Armies for the campaign

on sunday it looked like wayne rounded out the numbers for getting the 6 for the campaign.

While I am currently assigned to the core Attackers side I am still not locked in to either side, so for those of you joining feel free to pick whichever side you want.

for armies I have mostly figured out what I will use in terms of codex if nothing else.

If on Core Attacker
attrition army - Dark Eldar
Raid Attacker - Eldar
Raid Defender - Tau

If on Core Defender
attrition army - Space Marines, using Imperial Fist traits
Raid Attacker - Dark Eldar
Raid Defender - Eldar or Tau

QUOTE(burzikak @ Mar 2 2014, 02:28 PM) *

Hi guys. Don't think I can swing core, happy to be a casual though

Just to match up names and faces, are you the guy who had to head off to solve staffing brainspasm issues and was talking about the Apocalypse game?

QUOTE(burzikak @ Mar 2 2014, 02:28 PM) *

Hi guys. Don't think I can swing core, happy to be a casual though

Just to match up names and faces, are you the guy who had to head off to solve staffing brainspasm issues and was talking about the Apocalypse game?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nagnar
post Mar 3 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 14,784

Michael you're thinking of Rob. Burzikak I think is Tim with his orks?
+Quote Post
Nagnar
post Mar 4 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 14,784

For Wayne:
If you get a seventh player I could be persuaded to join in to make even players but overall despite the campaign being an awesome work of awesomeness and campaigny storyness I will pass - 40k is complicated enough already for me to add even more. I do look forward to seeing what happens though.
+Quote Post
dvaston
post Mar 5 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 5,183

QUOTE(Nagnar @ Mar 4 2014, 09:59 PM) *

For Wayne:
If you get a seventh player I could be persuaded to join in to make even players but overall despite the campaign being an awesome work of awesomeness and campaigny storyness I will pass - 40k is complicated enough already for me to add even more. I do look forward to seeing what happens though.

Hi Thomas - I would recommend joining in if you can. Even as just a casual player.

Basically you turn up at the club and play a game and it counts towards the overall team's progress. Rather than just playing a normal standalone game.

There are more details (e.g. different objectives in some missions etc), but you don't need to worry about those unless you want to, or you can just figure it out on the day.

Wayne - I'm happy to be a casual player. But I suspect my attendance will be a bit irregular. And even more irregular later this year when the little one comes along.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Mar 5 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,721

QUOTE(Nagnar @ Mar 4 2014, 09:59 PM) *

For Wayne:

Hi Thomas,

Eddie has committed and I am just waiting on Rob to advise if he can commit. So I will advise if your needed and it is meant to be fun and different from the standard games. So don't stress about it being different by the 3rd game you will be a veteran. armata_PDT_11.gif

Regards

--------------------
Founding and Active Member of NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club

Best Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 20th
Current Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 60th

TO for the Tumult 40K tournament
+Quote Post
dvaston
post Mar 20 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #46

So how did the 2 campaign games go last sunday?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mono
post Mar 20 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #47

1 win for each team and all armies fairly heavily depleted

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
+Quote Post
dvaston
post Mar 20 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(Mono @ Mar 20 2014, 12:44 PM) *

1 win for each team and all armies fairly heavily depleted

Did you guys take any photos of your games?

It might be worth setting up a thread for Battle Reports from the Campaign games.

For one of the campaigns a few years ago we even wrote up fluff as well. But I'll leave that up to you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Mar 20 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Hi Guys,

I took some but need the battle reports and am working on the map so changes in the zone "ownership" can be seen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saithis
post Mar 22 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 3,031

Hi guys,

Does anybody mind if I switch over to using my chaos army instead of my tyranids? Th crimson slaughter supplement has me wanting to use my marines again.

--------------------
Roll a 2D6 and compare to the table below.
2 - Emperor's Children / 3 - [roll again] / 4 - [roll again] / 5 - Tyranids
6 - Slaanesh Daemons / 7 - [roll again] / 8 - Asuryani
9 - Thousand Sons / 10 - Ynnari / 11 - [roll again] / 12 - Emperor's Children
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Mar 22 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

QUOTE(Saithis @ Mar 22 2014, 04:57 PM) *

Hi guys,

Does anybody mind if I switch over to using my chaos army instead of my tyranids? Th crimson slaughter supplement has me wanting to use my marines again.

No Problems now all I need is to hear from Rob if he is still up for the campaign so I can finalise the remaining games for Day 1 of the campaign....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lgun
post Mar 31 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #52

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,906

QUOTE(Firefox @ Mar 22 2014, 05:41 PM) *

No Problems now all I need is to hear from Rob if he is still up for the campaign so I can finalise the remaining games for Day 1 of the campaign....

Hi Wayne,

If you do need an additional core player then I am happy to put my name forward for the "attacker" team providing I meet the "move over water" requirement (I have a daemon horde...no transports!). I am unfortunately unavailable for the April club meetings however - let me know if this is an issue.

I had a chance to read the campaign pack and just need to clarify couple of things before I can put any lists together:

- As I understand it only the raid missions require the offensive player to move over water?
- How many transports are provided for offensive players in raid missions? What is the transport capacity of the GMC's?
- I assume that "move over water" rule only applies for the first turn in applicable missions? Therefore do deepstriking or outflanking units get around this requirement if they arrive from turn 2 onwards?
- Regardless of whether a player is on the attacker team or defender team, they can be either a defensive or offensive player in a raid mission? So therefore I would need an offensive and defensive 1750 point list?
- What is the FOC for a Raid mission? Attrition mission are Siege Wars + extra FA...is Raid the same?

My concern is getting the 50% of my force that has to deploy turn 1 across the water, but hopeful this applies only to raid missions... and if so perhaps I can always opt to play defensive player?

Cheers,

Laks
+Quote Post
Firefox
post Apr 2 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lgun @ Mar 31 2014, 11:38 PM) *

Hi Wayne,

If you do need an additional core player then I am happy to put my name forward for the "attacker" team providing I meet the "move over water" requirement (I have a daemon horde...no transports!). I am unfortunately unavailable for the April club meetings however - let me know if this is an issue.

I had a chance to read the campaign pack and just need to clarify couple of things before I can put any lists together:

- As I understand it only the raid missions require the offensive player to move over water?
- How many transports are provided for offensive players in raid missions? What is the transport capacity of the GMC's?
- I assume that "move over water" rule only applies for the first turn in applicable missions? Therefore do deepstriking or outflanking units get around this requirement if they arrive from turn 2 onwards?
- Regardless of whether a player is on the attacker team or defender team, they can be either a defensive or offensive player in a raid mission? So therefore I would need an offensive and defensive 1750 point list?
- What is the FOC for a Raid mission? Attrition mission are Siege Wars + extra FA...is Raid the same?

My concern is getting the 50% of my force that has to deploy turn 1 across the water, but hopeful this applies only to raid missions... and if so perhaps I can always opt to play defensive player?

Cheers,

Laks

Hi Mate,

Answers below:

Yes

One large and four small. The Large GMC is 50 models or 2 tanks and 10 troop models or one large walker base (defiler size) plus 10 troops. The small is 20 models, or 2 walkers (60mm base) or 1 walker (60mm base) and 10 troop models

No outflanking, but a yes for the units Deepstriking on turn 2. The offensive player must have the turn 1 units arrive over the water using GMCs. In the case of Daemons you would have "Death Ships" (hulks that are not much more than the hulls that move due to the dark forces as if they were powered).

No if is all standard FOC except for the defender in which they can have 2 fortifications up to 155 points.

Raid missions are very open so go for what you want.

Also since I have not heard from Rob for more than 2 weeks I will give you the attrition Attacker role.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lgun
post Apr 2 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #54

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,906

QUOTE(Firefox @ Apr 2 2014, 09:05 PM) *

Hi Mate,

Answers below:

Yes

One large and four small. The Large GMC is 50 models or 2 tanks and 10 troop models or one large walker base (defiler size) plus 10 troops. The small is 20 models, or 2 walkers (60mm base) or 1 walker (60mm base) and 10 troop models

No outflanking, but a yes for the units Deepstriking on turn 2. The offensive player must have the turn 1 units arrive over the water using GMCs. In the case of Daemons you would have "Death Ships" (hulks that are not much more than the hulls that move due to the dark forces as if they were powered).

No if is all standard FOC except for the defender in which they can have 2 fortifications up to 155 points.

Raid missions are very open so go for what you want.

Also since I have not heard from Rob for more than 2 weeks I will give you the attrition Attacker role.

Thanks Wayne,

That's all good! Didn't realise the gmc capacity was so large!

Just to clarify, the raid missions use standard foc, but the campaign pack states attrition missions can have an optional extra fast attack?

Is that right?

+Quote Post
Firefox
post Apr 3 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lgun @ Apr 2 2014, 10:52 PM) *

Thanks Wayne,

That's all good! Didn't realise the gmc capacity was so large!

Just to clarify, the raid missions use standard foc, but the campaign pack states attrition missions can have an optional extra fast attack?

Is that right?

Yes one extra Fast Attack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post May 25 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #56

As talked about at the club today

transition campaign from 6th ed to 7th ed.

I think that the missions should be fine as is. The exception is that with the changes to how scoring functions we might need to make one modification, that is where units previously gained scoring for a mission, like fast attack becomes scoring, they gain the Objective Secured special rule for that mission.

There was also mention of being able to make modifications to lists to take into account codex and edition changes. for the two guard armies I think they should be given the option to change to the Astra whatever codex, list should remain essentially the same closest analogue where units no longer exist.

As for everyone else I don't know what changes should be allowed however I am happy for my list to remain the same

--------------------

+Quote Post
BIG
post May 26 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 14,152

I am free and easy as always, I am happy to remain with the Imperial Guard codex of old, or update to the Astra Militarum if that is the decision. Either way I hope 7th edition may be a little kinder to all my tanks....

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica; XII Ab=mbush Cell, Loyalists of the Twin Primarchs;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby; The Throng of Kark Veng;
+Quote Post
Firefox
post May 27 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

G'day Guys

My wife tells me "Hi" is old and the trend greeting is "Hey" so american hence the G'day.

The actual point of this is that given most of the action will now happen post Astra M codex I would like the guard lists to change. Ben Astra M is good for tanks and you can have lots.

So revised lists or twaked lists in by 11 June please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mono
post May 29 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #59

Teams update

we have now had all 4 core games of the 1st round, I am missing a few names so please send through corrections.

Attacker
English with Eldar
Ed with Eldar and Dark Eldar
Lgun with Chaos Demons
Saithis with Chaos Marines

Defender
Wayne with Guard
Big with Guard
Michael (Me) with Marines, imperial fist rules
Thomas using club marine army

Unfortunately Thomas has said that he will not be continuing with the campaign. So as Defender team captain I am making the decision to keep the club army in the campaign and open it up for anyone who wants a game that is not in the attacker side. for example round 2 dave could play, then round 3 I might play twice (my own game and the club army)

Round 1 game results

Michael beat Ed
Wayne beat Saithis
English beat Big
Lgun beat Thomas

so we had 2 wins for each side.

round 2 and onwards

further to Waynes post about the two guard armies converting to astra something I have asked Wayne to send me the list of models in the club marine army to modify it for round 2. As the next club meeting is not for 3 weeks (queens birthday long weekend gets in the way) if you want to make changes to your list please send them to Wayne by Sunday 8th June, if you are making changes please make the list recognisable as coming from the original, we don't want full rewrites.

In the spirit of the campaign, after the 8th could we all post up our lists with a short background and naming of major characters?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Firefox
post Jun 1 2014, 01:25 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

G'day Guys,

Campaign Games for Day 2

All player armies are at full strength.

Players ----------------- Zone --------------- Mission ------ Terrain

Mono Vs Andrew --- Forward Defensive line ---- 2 --- One railway line that runs through each deployment line (leads to city) and heavy forest area

Wayne Vs Eddie ---- No mans land ------------- 1 --- One main road (leads to city) and hills with patches of trees

Laks Vs Ben -------- Forward Defensive line --- 2 ---Two railway lines run through each deployment line leads to city) and houses and streets

Matt Vs TBA --------- No mans land ------------ 1 -- One main road (leads to Refinery) and open terrain and a few hills

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 09:15 PM