Firefox
post May 1 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,721

Club Campaign - Galum 7
The campaign background and objective.
The planet Galum 7 in the Regus sector has been a moderately industrialised world for many years. Recently rumours of their most brilliant scientist, Professor Burnheim, suggested that he has been conducting time travel experiments. After a major blackout in one of the cities a box materialised in the Governor’s office and inside was note saying that his cousin would have a fatal accident in ten minutes at a mine on the other side of the planet. The prediction was accurate and Professor Burnheim has since disappeared and his two known laboratories sealed by the Governor's troops.

The potential of time travel technology has draw together the all of the allied armies to be first to capture Professor Burnheim as the primary objective with the secondary objective of capturing his two laboratories for detailed examination. Each side is prepared to achieve the objectives at all costs…

Two Teams of Order Vs Chaos
Hence two commanders for each team are required, not me as I will run the software and just want to play in one of the teams. The teams don’t’ need to have the same number of players but will need to have the same number of points. Resupply will apply, ie. you will need to resupplied as your casualties will stand.

The Detachments
You may register up to 2 detachments of 2000 points, can be the same army type or could be any trusted ally. Each detachment must have a two and no more than two HQ units and two maximum size troop units, the rest is open. For example you could have one detachment of mostly infantry and one detachment of mostly armour. You are also allowed only one character/unit of 300 points or more OR an IA/Apocalypse unit/character per detachment, with a 20% extra points levy on Apolcalype gear. If you register 2 detachments you also need to register a supply squad of 2 transports with two crew per vehicle used only for carrying fuel, food and ammo, they can be armed. If you register only one then you do not need a supply unit.

Round 7 Day 2 1112 Hrs

Quick deployment by Ryan has meant his Aetermalis Machina engages 81st Cadian "North" of Luga heading towards the coast at (742566,849880).

Below is the campaign map with the current Battle Site in Red.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Firefox: Mar 18 2014, 10:42 AM

--------------------
Founding and Active Member of NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club

Best Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 20th
Current Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 60th

TO for the Tumult 40K tournament
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post May 1 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,149

great idea but one thing that will make it hard for me is the fact that a troop choice maxed out for 'crons is 20 models. Would it be possible ot make it 3/4 instead of fully maxed? I have enough troops to make it two units of 18...
good chance to use a phalanx though...

--------------------
Rogal Dorn: "Masturbation is a passtime, like doodling"

+Quote Post
kajh
post May 1 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ May 1 2008, 05:35 PM) *

great idea but one thing that will make it hard for me is the fact that a troop choice maxed out for 'crons is 20 models. Would it be possible ot make it 3/4 instead of fully maxed? I have enough troops to make it two units of 18...
good chance to use a phalanx though...

This could be interesting (though I'm not sure I can field 2000 pts) ... how do Nids fit into the Order and Chaos idea? smile.gif

Cya,
Andrew.

--------------------
(Not so) active member of the NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 1 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,258

QUOTE(kajh @ May 1 2008, 07:51 PM) *

This could be interesting (though I'm not sure I can field 2000 pts) ... how do Nids fit into the Order and Chaos idea? smile.gif

Cya,
Andrew.

nids are always on the chaos side cause they eat everything in their wake and not leave a single thing untouched, and i mean everything they will eat their own if they have to survive.

just a question how do we work out commanders for each side, wayne?

--------------------
Active and founding member of the NSW Northern Knights,

"Space Marine Geneseed is made from Chuck Norris's DNA"

+Quote Post
Mono
post May 1 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,670

Wayne

Necrons will also have the problem of breaking your no more than 1 squad over 300 points as I believe that 20 necrons is 360 points and you require 2 of them.

I would suggest that there be an amendment of "where minimum squad size is 10 2 squads over minimum size are required" eg minimum of 2 necron squads with 11 or more warriors each

Does a squad transport count for the no more than 1 squad over 300 points?

as Black Templars have to take a minimum of 2 characters (Emperor's champion + 1 other) does the empeors champion count towards the 2 maximum?

Also how does the maximum size troop unit interact with taking dedicated transports, eg sisters of battle with a rhino, as they must have 10 to fit in the rhino but the maximum squad size is 10?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
+Quote Post
BaronGustav
post May 1 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(Mono @ May 1 2008, 10:37 PM) *

Wayne

Necrons will also have the problem of breaking your no more than 1 squad over 300 points as I believe that 20 necrons is 360 points and you require 2 of them.

I would suggest that there be an amendment of "where minimum squad size is 10 2 squads over minimum size are required" eg minimum of 2 necron squads with 11 or more warriors each
as Black Templars have to take a minimum of 2 characters (Emperor's champion + 1 other) does the empeors champion count towards the 2 maximum?

Also how does the maximum size troop unit interact with taking dedicated transports, eg sisters of battle with a rhino, as they must have 10 to fit in the rhino but the maximum squad size is 10?

Emperors Champ never counts as a HQ choice for Slots
+Quote Post
zog100
post May 2 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,047

Yes, Necrons always cause this problem with generic rules for comp. Those attending Sunday can have an impromptu kick around session on teams.

Does there need to be an equal number of players for each side?

--------------------
Active NSW Northern Knights founding member
+Quote Post
Modorox
post May 2 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,172

Where would people slot the Tau? Technically they are Neutral and would ally with anyone for the Greater Good. I think I can make 2000pts, though that would be using everything I have. I only have one transport, which must be rebuilt though that is not a problem.

Are we going to be using experience as dsecribed in the 40k rule book?

zog100, there doesn't need to be an equal number of players, just an equal number of points.

--------------------
QUOTE(FeeTFooD)
You're banned from using red dice.

Active NSW Northern Knights member.
I'm not a nerd. I'm awesome in disguise.
+Quote Post
Firefox
post May 2 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,721

QUOTE(Mono @ May 1 2008, 10:37 PM) *

Wayne

Hi Guys,

Nids will go on the Chaos side and if some-one fields 2 Nids detachments then 2 dinasour type creatures can transport the bio-plasma/goo (Genetic Orthogonal Olominos) needed for the hive.

I keep forgetting the English just love to make exceptions so Necrons can have 2 troops of squad size of 12 (its a biblical number) to meet the campaign requirements.

Transports are additional to the troop requirment so can be taken if allowed by the codex, ie. 10 marines plus Rhino or 10 Dire Avenegers plus Wave Serpent etc. for the mandatory troop choices.

I suggest you nominating someone or yourself once the team members are determined and then vote on the Team Commander at the club meeting on the 6th July.

The Tau will be the assigned to a side at the end once I see how all the points are stacking up to hopefully even the points out.

No experience as per 40K (getting too complicated) just your natural experience and wit.

Regards

This post has been edited by Firefox: May 2 2008, 08:59 AM

--------------------
Founding and Active Member of NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club

Best Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 20th
Current Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 60th

TO for the Tumult 40K tournament
+Quote Post
BaronGustav
post May 2 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,556

Sounds good wayne. I will bring 1 detachment of templars with 1 detachment of Grey Knight for the good guys.
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 2 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #11

i'm still confused about the whole detachment thing, i know we to have 2 troop choices but after that i'm lost.

can someone explain or give an example of a detachment?

--------------------

+Quote Post
zog100
post May 2 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #12

Detachment = 2000 point army list. Just Waynes terminology.

I'll be Tyranid or Necron. Possibly one of each.

--------------------
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post May 2 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #13

does it matter if the detachments we use are very similar? wayne if you have any spare sentinels i could possibly go guard...but i don't have any chimeras either

--------------------

+Quote Post
dvaston
post May 2 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 5,183

could you have 1 "good" detachment, and 1 "evil" detachment? Or do you have to be only a "Good" or "Evil" player?

For example could I have Tyranids as 1 detachment, and BAs as the other detachment? Or would I have to be fully nids or fully BAs?

I am thinking it would be fun to use my Tyranids, if I can get them finished in time.

Also, can someone post up here the Allies matrix, and what races are classified as "trusted allies", "hated allies" etc, since I dont have access to the Apocolypse book.

--------------------
+Quote Post
zog100
post May 3 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #15

You have to be either Order or Disorder.

Order:
Imperium
Eldar
Tau

Disorder:
Everyone else

I think Wayne is holding the Tau out as a swing nation that might switch sides depending on numbers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mono
post May 3 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,670

One detachment is one force organisational chart so a standard force organisational chart would be up to 2HQ, 3 elite, 3 HS, 3FA, 6troops, or befoer Apocalypse 1-3 superheavies

by the way I am happy to play either Chaos or Loyalist marines depending on player spread.

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Wisdom: Don't use a hatchet to remove a fly from the forehead of your friend

My Painting Diary or Can I Paint a New Army for Every Tournament This Year, the answer is hell no, but I gave it a good bash
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 3 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #17

i going to say i'll be on the order side mainly cause i don't have 2000 pts of necrons and the fact i could muster up 2 detachments, however at least 1.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post May 6 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #18

how are we gunna nominate team leaders? i can field 40 warriors noe.... also, does anyone have destroyers i could borrow?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GR00V3R
post May 6 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 4,438

I will will attempt to keep the posted campaign map as up to date as possible but the help of a campaign historian would really be useful

What does the campaign historian have to do? smile.gif

--------------------
-------------
CAMPAIGN++: A board game that provides fast to play and easy to manage map-based campaigns for your favorite tabletop games!

Follow development here!
Campaignplusplus on Facebook
@GR00V3R73 on Twitter
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 6 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ May 6 2008, 05:45 PM) *
how are we gunna nominate team leaders? i can field 40 warriors noe.... also, does anyone have destroyers i could borrow?

yeah ryan i do you can use my destroyers for the campaign i have five i think two or three aren't painted but they are assembled.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 09:16 PM