Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Club Campaign 2008 Battles, 40K Map Based Campaign Current Battles
FeeTFooD
post May 6 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(CJBolton @ May 6 2008, 06:25 PM) *

yeah ryan i do you can use my destroyers for the campaign i have five i think two or three aren't painted but they are assembled.

sweeet... i have 4 already, i could easily make a unit of 9 biggrin.gif...i think the max size is 10...
if i need to use two detatchments, one will be destroyer heavy and the other will have the nightbringer biggrin.gif
additionally, when will this campaign be starting?

This post has been edited by FeeTFooD: May 6 2008, 06:32 PM

--------------------
Rogal Dorn: "Masturbation is a passtime, like doodling"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 6 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,258

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ May 6 2008, 06:31 PM) *

sweeet... i have 4 already, i could easily make a unit of 9 biggrin.gif ...i think the max size is 10...
if i need to use two detatchments, one will be destroyer heavy and the other will have the nightbringer biggrin.gif
additionally, when will this campaign be starting?

20th of july is the starting date, however we got to get our lists in to wayne by the 4th of july

--------------------
Active and founding member of the NSW Northern Knights,

"Space Marine Geneseed is made from Chuck Norris's DNA"

+Quote Post
dvaston
post May 7 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,183

QUOTE(CJBolton @ May 6 2008, 07:25 PM) *

20th of july is the starting date, however we got to get our lists in to wayne by the 4th of july

Isnt 5th edition coming out in July?

Im thinking that might affect the choosing of our lists to some extent. e.g. if certain units get nerfed etc.

This post has been edited by dvaston: May 7 2008, 12:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Firefox
post May 7 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,721

QUOTE(dvaston @ May 7 2008, 12:36 AM) *

Isnt 5th edition coming out in July?

Im thinking that might affect the choosing of our lists to some extent. e.g. if certain units get nerfed etc.

Hi,

I cannot see GW killing the sales on any product line by seriously disadvantaging them in 5th Ed. It is more likely how you use a unit or character, ie vehicles become much more on par with MCs for the points.

The campaign will provide an opportunity to learn the new rules.

--------------------
Founding and Active Member of NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club

Best Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 20th
Current Ranking RHQ 40K ranking 60th

TO for the Tumult 40K tournament
+Quote Post
p3g4man
post May 7 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #25

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,315

i don't have enough nids for 2 full size troops choices
+Quote Post
BaronGustav
post May 7 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,556

With 5th remember that only infantry squads are considered scoring units. BTW this looks very promising to play as a club campaign later on

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/0...8-campaign.html

+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 7 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(BaronGustav @ May 7 2008, 10:11 PM) *
With 5th remember that only infantry squads are considered scoring units. BTW this looks very promising to play as a club campaign later on

i played a similar campaign like that few years ago at the chatswood crusader however we didn't have the apocalpse expansion tho, but we had battlefleet gothic game involoved.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cheexsta
post May 8 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 208

Another fascinating idea, sign me up! I'll be on uni holidays by then, so no more missed meetings like now.

A couple of questions, though.

1. How does the 2x max troop "units" work for Imperial Guard? Would it be 2x maximum platoons? Because that's a hell of a lot of Guard that I don't have. What about using two minimal platoons and then two Armoured Fist squads as the "maxed units" since they are already at their maximum size?

2. My Guard are renegades, would it be ok to have one detachment of them and one of my World Eaters?

Personally, with all the changes in 5th edition regarding Troops units being the only scoring units I'd wonder if the maxed Troops units restriction is unnecessary.
+Quote Post
Firefox
post May 8 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cheexsta @ May 8 2008, 10:42 AM) *

Another fascinating idea, sign me up! I'll be on uni holidays by then, so no more missed meetings like now.

A couple of questions, though.

1. How does the 2x max troop "units" work for Imperial Guard? Would it be 2x maximum platoons? Because that's a hell of a lot of Guard that I don't have. What about using two minimal platoons and then two Armoured Fist squads as the "maxed units" since they are already at their maximum size?

2. My Guard are renegades, would it be ok to have one detachment of them and one of my World Eaters?

Personally, with all the changes in 5th edition regarding Troops units being the only scoring units I'd wonder if the maxed Troops units restriction is unnecessary.

A1 - For Nids or others that have problems with max units then use a unit of minimum of 12 or more. If that will work for the IG great or I am happy with your suggestion of the two min platoons and the Armd Fist squads.

A2 - If their allies then OK, and it sure sounds like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GR00V3R
post May 8 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 4,438

QUOTE(BaronGustav @ May 7 2008, 10:11 PM) *

That. Looks. COOL.

But is there room for Ultramarines? Not clear if you have to play Guard, renegade or xeno to be in it.

--------------------
-------------
CAMPAIGN++: A board game that provides fast to play and easy to manage map-based campaigns for your favorite tabletop games!

Follow development here!
Campaignplusplus on Facebook
@GR00V3R73 on Twitter
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 8 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(GR00V3R @ May 8 2008, 01:42 PM) *

That. Looks. COOL.

But is there room for Ultramarines? Not clear if you have to play Guard, renegade or xeno to be in it.

i'm sure we can work something out to make that happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GR00V3R
post May 8 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 4,438

QUOTE(CJBolton @ May 8 2008, 01:57 PM) *

i'm sure we can work something out to make that happen.

Niccce. smile.gif

How are these things run, do you know? Did anyone here participate in the BoLS Pre-heresy Campaign from last year?

--------------------
-------------
CAMPAIGN++: A board game that provides fast to play and easy to manage map-based campaigns for your favorite tabletop games!

Follow development here!
Campaignplusplus on Facebook
@GR00V3R73 on Twitter
+Quote Post
kajh
post May 8 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(p3g4man @ May 7 2008, 08:25 PM) *

i don't have enough nids for 2 full size troops choices

Wayne suggested using 12 in each squad. (I couldn't field 2x32 gaunts, either. Or 2x12 genestealers, for that matter. ) That's cool - I can field 2x12 gaunt squads. (Or, I could risk divorce by ... *cough* ... buying more gaunts.)

Wayne - can you tell us anything about the story which necessitates the requirement for the mandatory two HQ and two full troops?

Cya,
Andrew.

This post has been edited by kajh: May 8 2008, 02:22 PM

--------------------
(Not so) active member of the NSW Northern Knights Wargaming Club
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post May 8 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(kajh @ May 8 2008, 02:16 PM) *

Wayne suggested using 12...

that was for necrons, the standard warrior squad has a minimum size of 10, and they're 18 points each

--------------------
Rogal Dorn: "Masturbation is a passtime, like doodling"

+Quote Post
zog100
post May 8 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 3,047

Whats needed is a codex specific outline for each.

SM: Max squad
Sisters: 12+
Tyranid: 12+
etc.

--------------------
Active NSW Northern Knights founding member
+Quote Post
Firefox
post May 8 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE(kajh @ May 8 2008, 02:16 PM) *

Wayne suggested using 12 in each squad. (I couldn't field 2x32 gaunts, either. Or 2x12 genestealers, for that matter. ) That's cool - I can field 2x12 gaunt squads. (Or, I could risk divorce by ... *cough* ... buying more gaunts.)

Wayne - can you tell us anything about the story which necessitates the requirement for the mandatory two HQ and two full troops?

Cya,
Andrew.

Sure - in my campaigns killing the HQ has an effect such that the detachment can only "dig in" until the HQ squad is replaced in resupply. So to ensure you have the best chance of being active and of use to your side two HQ squads gives the best chance.

The two troops was to ensure there were some troops as the rest of the detachment is open ie 6 elite squads plus 4 heavy support - but remember 5th Edition ONLY TROOPS count as scoring re objectives an most missions in a campaign are objective based.

Once all the detachments are loaded into my software the Commanders of each team issues orders for each detachment. The software then computes the position of each detachment until they reach their objective or contact an enemy detachment. Then the software stops the "clock" until the contact is resolved via a tabletop game and the results are feed into the software and the "clock" is restarted.

Note detachments are slowed down by mountains or cannot transvse water unless a fully mobile skimmer detachment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cheexsta
post May 8 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 208

Note detachments are slowed down by mountains or cannot transvse water unless a fully mobile skimmer detachment.

What about armies with lots of amphibious vehicles, ie Chimeras? wink.gif

Not that I have...well...any, but just curious.
+Quote Post
dvaston
post May 8 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #38

Just wondering for Blood Angels, who can have jump infantry assault marines as troops choice, are they ok to just be a squad of 10 men? since their jump packs kind of serve the purpose of a transport vehicle in a way.

Also, just wondering about drop pods.

If you had a squad with a drop pod in a detachment, would that squad get to deepstrike onto the table for every single mission (assuming the drop pod hasnt been destroyed during a previous battle)?

And also would a drop pod count as a "transport vehicle" for the purposes of having the compulsory maxed out troops units each with transport vehicles.

Im not sure how a drop pod would be explained fluff-wise in the campaign game, unless we just say that a drop pod is capable of being launched back up into orbit at the end of each battle (assuming its not destroyed during the battle), and then it just "hovers" over the army detachment it belongs to in a kind of "stationary orbit" while the army detachment moves around the campaign map, and then the drop pod lands again during the next battle.

The reason I ask is because I use drop pods a lot in my army lists, and there are also several other people with drop pods as well.

This post has been edited by dvaston: May 9 2008, 12:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJBolton
post May 8 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(Firefox @ May 8 2008, 09:53 PM) *

Sure - in my campaigns killing the HQ has an effect such that the detachment can only "dig in" until the HQ squad is replaced in resupply. So to ensure you have the best chance of being active and of use to your side two HQ squads gives the best chance.

The two troops was to ensure there were some troops as the rest of the detachment is open ie 6 elite squads plus 4 heavy support - but remember 5th Edition ONLY TROOPS count as scoring re objectives an most missions in a campaign are objective based.

Once all the detachments are loaded into my software the Commanders of each team issues orders for each detachment. The software then computes the position of each detachment until they reach their objective or contact an enemy detachment. Then the software stops the "clock" until the contact is resolved via a tabletop game and the results are feed into the software and the "clock" is restarted.

if troop being scoring units wouldn't the other troop like units e.g terminators, assault sqaud, veteran sqauds be scoring units as well? i understand vehicles or monstrous creature not being scoring units.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dvaston
post May 9 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(GR00V3R @ May 6 2008, 05:52 PM) *

What does the campaign historian have to do? smile.gif

Im guessing it would be taking photos during the games, and maybe writing some kind of battle reports, and summarising the progress of the campaign as it happens.

If so I am keen to have a go at being the Historian person, since I like taking photos of 40k games.

But Im sure we could spread around the photo taking / battle report writing duties.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 02:49 PM