Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vallejo Hobby Spray Paints!
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 3 2019, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,988

Has anyone had any experience with the new-ish Vallejo Hobby Spray Paints...if so, how did you find them?

It seems from some reading that they are similar to the Army Painter Sprays, which are really coloured primers, so they can be used as both the primer and base colour in the same coat.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Oceanborn
post Jul 6 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 266

based on paint codes etc. I would say that they are most likely exactly the same paints as the Plastic Soldier Company sprays, which in my experience actually work as coloured primers unlike the Army Painter sprays which only seem to work over a separate primer coat.

THat said, I know some people have had real trouble with the Plastic Soldier Sprays.

--------------------
"Heavy Metal
-what was considered by parents to be non-musical and dangerous before rap came along
."
There's nothing cuter than baby's first thumbscrews
Area of Melbourne equating to the devastation in Hiroshima
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 8 2019, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,988

QUOTE(Oceanborn @ Jul 6 2019, 09:29 AM) *

based on paint codes etc. I would say that they are most likely exactly the same paints as the Plastic Soldier Company sprays, which in my experience actually work as coloured primers unlike the Army Painter sprays which only seem to work over a separate primer coat.

THat said, I know some people have had real trouble with the Plastic Soldier Sprays.

Thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated!

I've not had any problems using Army Painter spray as both the primer and base colour.

Wow, I didn't even know Plastic Soldier Company had their own range of sprays...cool!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 09:49 AM