Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gippsland Geekfest 2015, Being a gathering of geeks in Korrumburra
Pudding Wrestler
post Dec 21 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,999

IPB Image

The inugural Gippsland Geekfest is taking place on Saturday, 17th January 2015. But do not take my word for it - check out the website!

But first, allow me to quote from the mission statement-ish thing:

For countless eons of time the geekly population of Gippsland was without form and purpose, without organization and without a single, unifying event to bring them together to glorify and praise all forms of geek culture. And then into this darkness strode a shining colossus of colossal shininess, and looked upon this dreary situation and declared ‘Let There Be Geekfest’ in words which bore almost no resemblance to thunder.
And there was.
And it was good.
And Geekfest was dedicated to the glory of all things geek in Gippsland. A place where learned and scholarly debate on which doctor is best, which captain is supreme and which fantasy is worthy of being considered final could happen. A place where men and women of all ages could dress as fictional men and women of all ages and be greeted not with cries of derision, but with rousing applause. A place where a man could wield 40,000 Warhammers. A place to debate the merits of different spandex-clad heroes. A place where the Lion-o could lie down with the LAN. A place for all punks, be they cyber, steam, diesel or atom. A place of geek pride.
And thus it shall be on Saturday 17th of January, 2015, when Coal Creek Community Park and Museum hurls open it’s portals and extends it’s welcoming arms to the massed hordes of Geekdom, and the inaugural Geekfest commences. Events of great moment and magnitude shall occur; demonstrations of Wargaming prowess; participation role-playing sessions, displays of cosplaying excellence, steampunk sartoriallity, and medieval mayhem. And they shall occur in an atmosphere of supportive and all-embracing tolerance. And they shall be family friendly and shall inspire coming generations and grizzled elders alike to take up that greatest of mantles which is the title; Geek.

Events confirmed so far include participation wargames, RPGs, MTG and other CCGs and floorgames. There will also be workshops and speakers, cosplay, the medieval society being medieval, and all sorts of other crazy things (but I'm only in charge of the table top side of things, so I know not the full details or implications)

Verily, you may both be there and be square.
But you should really click this link and check it out.
Oh yes.

--------------------
Sanity is not an option.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Dec 21 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

Would love to come but d6 games is running an event the same day sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pudding Wrestler
post Jan 8 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,999

Tickets for GeekFest are now available via Moshtix. Actually, they have been for about a week, but I forgot to post the link here.

--------------------
Sanity is not an option.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 03:44 PM