2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SA 40k Masters - Army lists!
trigger happy
post Nov 8 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,458

as much as we could we made sure that for every strength a list has it also has a weakness. the nids are not that far off the pace with good deployment and making use of certain options that are there. as always some armies may look strong or weak but it will be mission and opponent dependent. i don't think there is a list there that is capable of winning all 5 games just through the list itself, they all require a good player behind them to have any hope of achieving that and isn't that what this style of masters is all about?

good luck to all involved and i'm looking forward to seeing a couple of battle reports to go with the results.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
quin
post Nov 8 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,087

Thanks too the boys for cooking up some interedting lists.

I would like to raise some concern with the bugs honestly.
Ignoring who gets what they are seriously hamstrung.

The only advantage they have is 4 tervigons and 2 biovores hiding and popping light armour and putting plates on thier head.
Tyrant will go down rather quickly sadly sad.gif

If i managed too draw them, it can be done too win 4 games but you need to be absolutly spot on with deployment/movement/los. Most other armies do not have that problem.

I would prefer DE, marines or tyranids. Just too show how too use them smile.gif

--------------------
I am not a god, BUT, the creator DEVOURER of god's!

-----------------------------------------
2012 - Complete my space vampires in razorbacks

“The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake” (Savielly Tartakover)
+Quote Post
trigger happy
post Nov 8 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #23

genestealers, gargoyls, shrikes and hive guard if used properly see's the tyrant going down the target priority list pretty fast if deployed and moved well. wink.gif

i won't say anything about any of the lists beyond that. but as far as it goes the nids are more than capable of competing in this tourny.

This post has been edited by trigger happy: Nov 8 2011, 09:22 PM
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 8 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #24

El Bandito

Member No.: 37

QUOTE(trigger happy @ Nov 8 2011, 10:16 PM) *

genestealers, gargoyls, shrikes and hive guard if used properly see's the tyrant going down the target priority list pretty fast if deployed and moved well. wink.gif
i won't say anything about any of the lists beyond that. but as far as it goes the nids are more than capable of competing in this tourny.

Going to have to agree, its not as weak as it seems smile.gif
+Quote Post
Angmar
post Nov 8 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 239

QUOTE(Buddha @ Nov 8 2011, 09:45 PM) *

Pups will be interesting.

The Thunderlord and Fenrisian Wolves are units I have used before, and the Thunderwolf Lord hates S10... but there is not too much S10 out there, and he could probably do quite well in the hands of a picky player!

The rest of the list is typical Space Wolves except the Blood Claws and Iron Priest... that will be an interesting 1st turn Drop Pod delivery... but what to do with it!!

I imagine the blood claws will fail spectacularly as ever. They're pretty good at sucking biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 8 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #26

El Bandito

QUOTE(Angmar @ Nov 8 2011, 10:34 PM) *

I imagine the blood claws will fail spectacularly as ever. They're pretty good at sucking biggrin.gif

Yep, will totally depend on what list they come up against however I would say.
+Quote Post
trigger happy
post Nov 8 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Angmar @ Nov 8 2011, 09:34 PM) *

even TH/SS termies suck according to you, it's no ones fault but your own that you can't roll a 2+. tongue.gif

actually have you ever considered playing eldar? you get ton's of re-roll's with that army for just about everything. armata_PDT_14.gif
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Nov 8 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #28

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

One well placed is better than 2 lol j/k where would u find 76-152 points without weakening the list

I would have thought that 2x3 is infinitely better than 1x6? Like... so much so that you would never consider 1x6. But I might be missing something, I've only seen other people play eldars. It just seems like an odd restriction to make for the list, as it looks like the major concessions have already been made (storms, no eldrad)

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
quin
post Nov 8 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,087

QUOTE(trigger happy @ Nov 8 2011, 09:46 PM) *

I would still gladly pilot the Tyranids. I would love to draw them.
I also am expecting quality tables with terrain and expect too be able to make cover saves, no shooting galleries, gives them a fighting chance too close in on some armies.

Hmm as I look at the list I realize I don't have 5 shrikes painted, better start those.

--------------------
I am not a god, BUT, the creator DEVOURER of god's!

2012 - Complete my space vampires in razorbacks

“The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake” (Savielly Tartakover)
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Nov 16 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 9,522

Interesting concept.

I dislike the idea of wargear choices that are purely pointless beyond reducing effectiveness and points however.

Example Dark Eldar

Acothyst - Agoniser
Haemonculous - Venom Blade

You've spent 25 points to get 3 4+ power weapon attacks on the charge, and 4 2+ re-rolling poison attacks. If you had spent 10 points by giving PW to haemy, your getting 4 4+ re-rolling poison attacks, and 4 power weapon attacks...

The single Power Sword on the haemy and bare acothyst outperforms the agoniser/venom blade combination every time....

So you've basically spent 15 points to REDUCE the effectiveness of a unit =/..if you want to give armies a points handi-cap, why not simply do that?
+Quote Post
Crynn
post Nov 17 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 6,463

The Blood angel list is horrible and not nearly as good as the SW list. Bad pred setup and a whirlwind, 1 sang priiest with a split force of tacs and assault marine, no lib but a chaplian with no DC? I really feel this list is worse than some of the others.

Ba are an army built off synergies, priests, shield of sang librarian powers fast blocking vehicles, this has little to none of that. SW are built off point efficient units that that ealy don't rely off otehr units to be powerfull and whilst the spacewold list has some softer choices and it is far from optimized it still is hand down tougher that the Blood angels whoa re sporting 2 full tac squads...?

Regards,
Crynn

--------------------
Now writing for 3++ www.3plusplus.net

Placings:
1st - Acolytes - Scalps 2011 (Best General) - SWD 2011 (Best General) - Aquilla Singles 2011 (Best General) - Icon 2010 (Best General, Best Painted, Players Choice) - ATC VIC Challenge 2011
2nd - Cancon 2012 (Highest Battle Points) - Battle Bunker Crash 2011 - VICC 2011 - Battle Bunker Arc qualifier 2011 (Best General)
3rd - Conquest - Australian Team Challenge (Highest Battle Points) - Battle Bunker Crash 2012
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Nov 17 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(Crynn @ Nov 17 2011, 11:02 AM) *

The Blood angel list is horrible and not nearly as good as the SW list. Bad pred setup and a whirlwind, 1 sang priiest with a split force of tacs and assault marine, no lib but a chaplian with no DC? I really feel this list is worse than some of the others.

Ba are an army built off synergies, priests, shield of sang librarian powers fast blocking vehicles, this has little to none of that. SW are built off point efficient units that that ealy don't rely off otehr units to be powerfull and whilst the spacewold list has some softer choices and it is far from optimized it still is hand down tougher that the Blood angels whoa re sporting 2 full tac squads...?

Regards,
Crynn

Yeh tactical squads in BA just never feel right...
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 17 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #33

El Bandito

Well I took a Blood Angel army this year with 2 Tactical Squads and no Assault Squards to High Lords this year and came 5th.

There is a huge oversight people seem to be making concerning BA Tacticals.

Firstly, you can roll a 1 and become Fearless... long shot I know, but it has its value.

Secondly, they are in Rhino's... which are FAST. This can be an absolute game breaker.
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Nov 17 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(Buddha @ Nov 17 2011, 01:53 PM) *

Well I took a Blood Angel army this year with 2 Tactical Squads and no Assault Squards to High Lords this year and came 5th.

There is a huge oversight people seem to be making concerning BA Tacticals.

Firstly, you can roll a 1 and become Fearless... long shot I know, but it has its value.

Secondly, they are in Rhino's... which are FAST. This can be an absolute game breaker.

I didnt say they were bad, i just said they didnt feel right tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Eldar_Storm
post Nov 17 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 3,457

Anything that starts with "T" and ends with "acticle Squads" = suck, regardless of codex.
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 17 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #36

El Bandito

QUOTE(Eldar_Storm @ Nov 17 2011, 07:07 PM) *

Anything that starts with "T" and ends with "acticle Squads" = suck, regardless of codex.

Anything that starts with "S" and ends with "couts" = suck, regardless of codex.

Marines do have it tough I guess tongue.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 12:42 PM