Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paint schemes
cas
post Oct 12 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,121

Looking for some feedback on hassassin bahram paint schemes.
I did my ghulams as desert infantry but now that im expanding a little that colour scheme is going to get very samey and hard to distinguish on the field.

I did a farzan in a trial space station/ship scheme but it clashes with the original scheme. Looking for suggestions on blending the two or coming up with another non desert/semi desert scheme.
IPB Image
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Oct 17 2017, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,171

Can you take a photo of those models with the camera a few inches further back and, like, some sort of neutral backdrop, like a sheet of white/black cardboard or paper in the background?

It's really hard to get a feel for the Farzan's colour scheme with your camera flash reflecting off the model. smile.gif

If I had to guess right here and now, I'd say you need a stronger hue/darker yellow on the Farzan's armour plates to better complement the purple. Maybe do something with his visor to make it more distinct? A nice light blue or even a red/green would be a good trim colour to throw in amongst the yellows/tans and purples.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
cas
post Oct 17 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #3

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cant get rid of the flash unfortunately. I dont have anywhere near good enough setup to take a photo without it.
I guess its a good thing about infinity. The models are small enough and good enough that my photography skills are beginning to cause problems.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Oct 18 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,171

Second picture works a treat. Thanks!

If you need to have the Ghulam and Farzan all look coherent, I reckon the easiest way to do that is paint the Ghulam fatigues purple (but leave their combat vests yellow/tan).

Farzan looks good. Maybe a purple wash on his purple suit to darken it a tad and provide a dark contrast to the bright highlights on the yellow armour?

If you're mad keen, brightening up the gun with some really subtle light grey/white highlights would be cool. Like, really subtle though.

Is his visor metallic gold? That's cool!

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
cas
post Oct 18 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #5

The gun is currently cryx bane base highlighted with grey, just way too heavily highlighted.
Once I get the scheme down the paintjob will be better.

Not really wanting them all coherent..... just more coherent than they are ? Yeah not sure what I mean here smile.gif.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 12:26 PM