Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wargames stores in Toowong Brisbane?
War Dog
post Dec 4 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,300

Hello all,

I will be in Brisbane, stopping in Toowong. Is there anyone who knows of any wargames stores nearby that people usually have games of any form of wargaming/card gaming within a radius of 1-2 km of Toowong? I know for starters there is the "presents of mind" store, but I don't think it looks like a catch-up location for wargamers, more just like a store if I am not wrong (correct me if so)

I know there exists the Good Games store in central Brisbane, but it is 6.4 km from my location, giving about an hour of foot slogging.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Dec 5 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

Yeah you are a bit out of Luck.

Presents of Mind is more a boardgame/mind games/dice type of store.

Near to Toowong is only :
-Goodgames in Spring hill, (74 Little Edward Street, Spring Hill, QLD (07) 3832 2230) more cards and warmachine last time i checked in> tabletop is supported but not huge.
- GW in the Brisbane CBD Small store but has good staff.Shop 6,420 Queen Street (public transport should be OK to CBD>> trains from Toowong ).
- Vault Games Bris CBD (Lower Ground, 123 Charlotte Street,) Support tabletop and boardgames/cards etc. ) Haven't been there but it looks good.

others close but a bit hard to get to:
-Brisbane Gaming Collective 10/299 Old Cleveland Rd, Coorparoo A cool little store with tables and a good gaming crowd. Also has a good modelling/painting range of stuff with some rare things you won't find other places.

- the last stand Miniatures (623 Oxley Rd, Oxley). This is a Newsagent/Postoffice that has taken up miniatures and modelling/painting equipment. It doesn't have tables to play on but has a good range of plastic kits/ GW/ flames ofwar/ paints/ hobbying gear. Paul the owner is a great guy.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 05:18 PM