Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dropzone Commander Results
Jman11
post Apr 6 2015, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,554

Melbourne's inaugural Dropzone Commander tournament has been run, won and done. Thanks go to both KayJay's Games & Hobbies and The Combat Company for providing prize support.

Congratulations to Adrian Stacey (best general) and Darcy Jones (best painted). Thanks go to all players for being there and playing in the right spirit; there were no issues at all and it was an enjoyable easy event to TO.
My thoughts:
First and second to Shaltari - might be a bit of a trend there. I still think there's an imbalance there (their transports are so flexible and cheap). It was ridiculously close between those 2 though - tied on TP and only 1 KP split them. Both Shaltari lists were very similar as were Ben and Leslie's UCM lists. The Scourge list was the most interesting: 12 AT tanks and 4 infantry units at 1K points make this a brutal list. It had a lot of killing power, but still struggled to bring down Shaltari (particularly Jaguars). It could bring down buildings in a single turn and killed a lot of infantry. In the two Shaltari games almost all the Shaltari infantry was killed. I think at higher points it will struggle though - you can't ignore aircraft as the points go up.

I was a little disappointed in the numbers - 6 is enough to run with, but it would have been nice to get to 8, or maybe a couple more. It seems to be a challenge in Melbourne at the moment, to be honest none of the events I saw were particularly well attended, it seems the only system that gets more than 10 people is X-Wing at the moment.

--------------------
Wargaming blog: NanoTanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Munster
post Apr 6 2015, 10:10 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 120

Looks like it was fun, and I agree numbers are a challenge for this system.
+Quote Post
Jman11
post Apr 6 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,554

QUOTE(Munster @ Apr 6 2015, 10:10 AM) *

Looks like it was fun, and I agree numbers are a challenge for this system.

It wasn't just this system. Yesterday Saga had 4, Flames of War had 9 and Dropzone had 6. While, today Warmaster has 4.

--------------------
Wargaming blog: NanoTanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 02:44 AM