35 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Master Chris
post Feb 10 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #321

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,171

...Why did Axis charge Bart on feat turn?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 10 2017, 07:56 PM
Post #322

Member No.: 10,012

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 10 2017, 08:37 PM) *

...Why did Axis charge Bart on feat turn?

Because.....
IPB Image

I've underrepresented the clocks really. It was 25 minutes to 3 at the time the decision was made, so just one of those "I've got to just do things" moments. Had the Galleon died he would have won there and then after all.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 10 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #323

Yeah, this'll be a cliff notes version. Basically I had one list, and fell prey to the mighty Shepherd lets-strain-the-game testing.

I've got Bart with Galleon, Snake and some random jacks.
He's got 70 odd Winter Guard Infantry, a couple UA's, Josef, a couple Destroyers. Irusk2.

IPB Image

BEHOLD THE PROXIES!
There's an immense mass of various infantry ready to die for the Motherland!

Uh, yeah. I took first and ran up. The horde of funny looking Winter Guard move forward in a manner that gave me flashbacks to the Goblin horde played in a different era.
I move up and do some pew pewing. This is about the time it finally gets through my thick skull that Irusk2 has Solid Ground these days and the Galleon isn't killing squat.

The horde moves forward, the Destroyers and Field Gun (Oh yeah, there was a Field Gun that got Fire for Effect) pew pew the Galleon. One squad kills Skarath with three CRA's of two blokes. Jeepers.

IPB Image

Nomad/Buccaneer jam up, I do shoddy attacks back.

This ground out for a round, the Galleon loses a side as the WGI move around, one squad gets Battle Lust and Joe's strength buff and puts the Nomad on three boxes.

Bart goes for Glory, charging a couple WGI. Kills two to get to a line up around the Buccaneer. The next WGI tough three times before dying, murder spree shut down. Urk.

IPB Image
Nomad and Galleon get stabbed and shot. Objective also dies to a couple WGI charging.

My models do some jigging with it, then it's game over.

So.......Immune to Knockdown aye? To the shelf Bart! We need some time apart while I discover myself travelling a very limited part of Europe! Or prepping for that anyway....
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 11 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #324

Good thing about prepping for team environments with some notice is it lets me get past my SUSS. Such a flawed brain alas.

First game into J-bell in what feels like an age!

Stealing some Polish stuff:
Ossrum1 - 8x Gunner, 2x Blaster, 3x Driller, Reinholdt, Eiryss, Tinker
vs
Damiano1 (Kingmaker) - Mule, 3x Nomad, Buccaneer, Trenchers (Max), Steelhead Halberdiers, Steelhead Cav, Kell, Stannis, Sergeant Nick

Rolled up Outflank. Game takes place in an air coned refuge, so no clock.

I lose the roll, get given second and take the side less mucked up by the central obstruction.
Relevant terrain on my side is a blob of rubble on the left, a forest on the right side of the left zone, next to a wall that toes the right zone.
Damiano's side gets a forest, the previously mentioned house obstruction and nothing else that ends up mattering.

My expectation is that I'll get hard to kil Trenchers in my face, basic plan is to shoot anything else if I can, wait out Damiano's feat, use Bulldoze to push the Trenchers away and strip Dig in then shoot them all down.

IPB Image
Round 1: It ends up that Damiano is going up left with Trenchers, the Buccaneer and two of the Nomads. Then Kell is in the forest, ready to core out systems with the best of them. The Mule and Nomad are central, then it's the Steelhead boat on the far right ready to fight over the other zone.
Road to War on Damiano, Surefoot on the Trenchers.

My list of models is such that there isn't exactly a massive amount of counter deploy to be done. want a Spray Bunny either side, I want some Gunners either side. Eiryss goes int eh forest in Ossrum buff range, the only real decision I have to make is to put the second Driller on the let where Damiano's Battlegroup is present.
My jacks go up as their respective halves, one goes straight up the guts for a potential pop Kell move next turn. Ossrum Bullet Dodgers himself, as when I ran him in the Journeyman league when I lost it was usually by assassination. The Gunners shoot down some Trenchers and two of the Steelhead Cav.

I also have a 72% play that is pure gold. Snipe goes on Eiryss, she goes into the left zone, lands a Disruptor bolt on Damiano. Best anti-upkeep around, whilst also being something I'm reasonably sure I'll never get on J'cam again. Eiryss will die now, I made peace with that when I did the play.

IPB Image
Damiano 2: The upkeeps all drop.
In the left zone, the Trenchers move around, four get within stealth range and blow up Eiryss. Expected.
The Buccaneer goes behind the Rubble and knocks down the leftmost Driller. The two Nomads on the left move into the back of the zone.
Kell aims in the forest, takes out the Movement on the up the guts Gunner.

In the centre the Mule and other Nomad move up behind the house, shoots the up front Gunner, hits and boosts damage to put it on two boxes.

On the right zone, the Steelhead horde moves up, halberdiers out the front of the remaining Cav. Stannis shoots the messed up Gunner and kills it.

IPB Image
Ossrum 2: Too much stuff in both zones, so its keep the attrition going.
Ossrum feats, goes into the forest, keeps enough distance to stop Kell or the Mule getting up and shooting him. I miss a pot shot at a Steelhead.

On the left, the spray Bunny goes first to clear a lane for one of the Drillers to go into a Nomad. Kills one, causes a couple toughs. Spray Bunnies then clear out the remaining blockers, though in hindsight we both forgot about Feign Death (Easily solved for me by having the Spray Bunny go last after the Gunners do the clearing work, but oh well).
The left most Driller, for whom the need to Energiser meant I couldn't give any focus after he shook his Knockdown, walks up to the Buccaneer, sits in the Rubble, Drill knocks off the Spear arm.
Fully loaded Driller goes into the Nomad, stabs a bunch, ends with the Nomad being a couple boxes of Cortex.

On the right, Driller walks up, toes the right zone, kills the couple Halberdiers engaging my Bunnies.
The Spray Bunny on this side goes up, shoots down a few Halberdiers and Sergeant Nick to get rid of the tough bubble.
The three Gunners then try to pop more Cav, unlike my last turn they fail somewhat, leaving one on a single box and another on three. Alas.

IPB Image
Damiano 3: Feat gets popped, then he goes to the top left of the left zone.
The messed up Nomad is just in the way, so gets killed by a Freestrike.

The other two are fully loaded and go into a Driller each. The first one hits the left most, takes out three columns and no systems. The other Nomad,on the right most Driller, does a bit better, leaving on 7 boxes with no Drill arm. Kell then aims, shoots the right most Driller (Left one is in rubble and melee. Defence 17 Driller! Feel the power!), leaves it on a single box of Movement.
One Trencher goes up and engages a Gunner, the others stab the single box Driller but don't finish it off.
The Mule moved up earlier, tried a crit fish shot on the left Spray Bunny and did no damage.

On the right zone, the Halberdiers go in and do very little. Cav and Stannis then charge in, they take out a Head system and otherwise do not much.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 11 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #325

IPB Image
Ossrum 3: It's a round later than usual, but let's start the scoring.
The Driller up left living is awkward, as I'm out of control range. Oh well, it's all about claiming the right side anyway.

Left side, the damaged as Driller swings at a Nomad, actually manages to do the maximum amount of damage (2 points.....). The healthier Driller backs into the rubble a little, knocks off the other arm of the Buccaneer.
Spray Bunny kills the Trencher that is engaging. Gunners spread out, kill a Trencher engaging the right Driller and do some scratch damage to the Mule. At the end of the turn the seize the right zone plan will be super telegraphed, so the Mule is positioned to be a contesting model I have to deal with.
Reinholdt and Tinker run around to far away positions, ready late game to run in one by one to contest that zone.

Centre wise, Ossrum puts up Unstoppable Force, camps and hides behind the forest.

Right zone, a Gunner pushes two Cav forward, incurs a Halberdier freestrike because that's how it works. Doesn't lose any systems because Bunny Grids are excellent. The Driller then kills the two regular Cav, Gunner shots kill off Stannis and a Halberdier in the zone, can now score. One Gunner does take maximum damage from a freestrike to lose his movement, goes next to the forest.
Spray Bunny is somewhat boned, tries a melee attack as he has no head and a boosted damage roll would be funny. Misses.

Ossrum gets up with 1 CP.

IPB Image
Damiano 4: The Trencher and Damiano try to finish off the single Movement box Driller and fail, so Kell has to do it.
Also on the left zone, one Nomad kills off the other Driller, the other has to spend a full stack to kill the Spray Bunny and engage a Gunner after the Mule fails on a crit fish shot again.
Buccaneer backs up, boosts to hit and knocks down Damiano, Feign Death stopping the lazy assassination attempts next turn.

On the right the various Steelheads finish off the Spray Bunny.

IPB Image
Ossrum 4: Plans working out, keep at it.

On the left, engaged Gunner just does a jig. One Gunner finishes off the Buccaneer, the other pings the Mule, rolls amazingly and takes out the Cortex, so now it can't get into the right zone. Reinholdt/Tinker keep waiting.

On the right, the two unengaged Gunners finish off the Cav, Driller pops two Halberdiers, now freed up Gunners finish that unit off.
Ossrum runs across to be behind the wall, camping three.

There's some staring at the table, ultimately nothing can contest the right zone (Kell lacking pathfinder is just weird). Ossrum is both unkillable and can't be stopped from getting the winning Dominate in my next turn, so the opposing Mercs concede. Fair enough.

This is the sort of thing that makes me regret my SUSSness. This is the most enjoyable Ossrum list I've played I think, though as anticipated even slightly spread out scenario's produce difficulties. I was contemplating scraping a Bunny and Driller for the Snake, though then the excellent feat is doing a lot less. Still using Reinholdt poorly (i.e not at all).

More games needed with this one.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Feb 12 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #326

Yes.....yes.......play Not-Gorten. smile.gif

Whatcha taking to Clash?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 12 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #327

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 12 2017, 07:36 PM) *

Yes.....yes.......play Not-Gorten. smile.gif

Whatcha taking to Clash?

Gorten and the above, assuming I can find that damn Eiryss1
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 13 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #328

Sunday games got sidelined by accursed real life, so we just have a single Monday pick up.

Still using the farm, went into some Wardian Palette cleansing.

Ossrum1 - 8x Gunners, 2x Blasters, 3x Drillers, Tinker, Reinholdt, Eiryss1
Objective: Bunker
vs
Caine2 - Centurion, Defender, Squire, Junior + Charger,Trenchers, Rangers, Storm Lancers (Min), Runewood, 2x Gun Mage Adepts

Extraction, I win the roll and nab first as the terrain didn't super bother me (A whole turn of Pathfinder.....yes.....yes........feels so good.......moist......).

Essentially I'll get either a central Trench or wall. I end up with the trench. The other terrain isn't going to be super relevant.

IPB Image
Merc 1: So my big fear is an assassination on Ossrum, so he Bullet Dodgers himself, Energisers and the various jacks form up with a massive anti-Shadowfire wedge of Bunnies in front of him. Probably not super relevant, but I also wanted to use the trench and had to go around that small blob of water.

Two Drillers go left, as they'll have to beat their way through the Centurion to get some scoring happening.
Eiryss is also on the left, as I intend to disrupt said Centurion to stop his Imprint, allowing the Driller charge down the line. Courtesy of Reinholdt Spyglassing at the start of the turn she also shoots down a Ranger, which was done as a no risk proposition (A single Trencher Grenadier makes me unenthused for that).

One Driller goes right, ready to stomp the Cav or Defender.

IPB Image
Cygnar 1: Sure enough, Caine puts Bullet Dodger on himself and goes up behind the wall.
He's joined by a GMCA, who gets Fire For Effect.
The Trenchers get Heightened Reflexes and make a nice long cloud wall, with a couple errant shots that don't do anything.
The Rangers chill out in the left forest, Centurion with Arcane Shield goes next to them and asks for a kipper.
Defender goes on the right, with the other Gun Mage Captain Adept next to him.
Storm Lancers go far right.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Plan is to snipe out the Gun Mage Captain Adepts, so I can live a live without Flare (Alas poor ghost of Liberace) and otherwise just attack targets of opportunity.

Ossrum feats, Energises, whistles as he walks through the Bunnies to get into the trench, camps 2.
The Spray Bunnies go forward, they both get a Gun Mage Adept each, one also clips Caine you gets a Dodge advance to move a shade further.

Those goals complete, its' time to attack what I can. Two Bunnies go way forward of everyone else, toe a cloud, shoot deep into the backfield and kill Junior. That felt pretty damn good.
Two Bunnies move into the bottom edge of the right zone, they shoot one of the Storm Lancers, but only do a little damage. Arcane Shield not always required.
A Driller then runs into each zone, out of threat range of the Cygnar heavies.

Scenario defence covered, I then need to make sure Ossrum lives, as his death on feat turn is how I lost games in the Journeyman. Four Gunners and a Driller surround him. They also take potshots, killing a few Trenchers.

Lastly Eiryss runs way into the backfield, as there wasn't really a target worth her time at this stage (Could have killed a Trencher I guess?)

IPB Image
Cygnar 2: It's looking bad for the Swans. I can easily contest everything, Bulldoze to clear most of the opposing models away to take shots, I'm completely undamaged with the armour buff up.

It's super Hailmary time. Rangers move up. Caine moves up, feats, drains all his focus (Dropped all upkeeps) on shots on Ossrum, causing one focus to be burnt. Defender moves up, shoots Ossrum, also misses. Concedes at that point, hard to argue for the reasons already listed.

Well, the Farm is looking good if it survives Errata.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 16 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #329

Random interstate visit from the master of Crockery leads into some revamped Skornage time.

I'm still working out the Bunny farm, I'd eyeballed Trolls and Skorne as likely being bad for it, so good to try that out.

To my fortune, it was right after a different game (Ossrum Hammerstrike) wherein teh Xerxis armour brick was used, so for a change the second list popped out which was definitely an easier matchup list wise.

Ossrum1 - Reinholdt, 8x Gunner, 2x Blaster, 3x Driller, Eiryss1
vs
Rasheth1 - Cannoneer, Krea, Agoniser, Willbreaker, Void Spirit, Master Tormentor, Pain Givers (Max), Karax, Venator Reivers + UA, Venator Dakaar
Objective: Armory

Scenario is Recon. I won the roll, and against the unknown I generally prefer to go first, but a house Obstruction and large patch of obstructive forest caused me to go second. I get one turn of pathfinder, would rather use that feat for its other benefits as well.

The Skorne side consists of the house and a central forest plus a wall, mine is a large hill abutting some water, a mini wall behind the objective and a forest on the right side.

IPB Image
Round 1: The Animantarax gets whipped, healed and runs up the front into the zone.
In the alley created by the hosue and forest the Karax funnel through, followed by the Cannoneer and the Willbreaker.
Rasheth goes behind the forest, puts up Paralytic Aura. The Krea runs into the centre of the forest.
On the right, the Venators crowd around the wall
On the extreme right goes the Master Tormentor.

So I've got six bunnies in range of the Battle Engine and it's the only turn it won't be under Krea armour of doom. Did the calc afterward, it's a 40% play, or 65ish if I had feated to get all eight in. I opt for the non-feat version.

Ossrum Bullet Dodgers himself, puts Snipe on Eiryss. Energises. Hides behind the wall.
When the Animantarax ran up, I was asked my non-Energiser threat range. It was only midway through the turn the mistake was noted (Misconception between Energiser and Locomotion).
In any event, I kill the Battle Engine exactly and its going to be a hard attrition slog for Skorne.

One spray Bunny goes up the centre to be in a convenient position, the other goes far elft as I expect I'll have to clear off a line of jamming Karax.
Eiryss goes on the hill on the left, shoots the Cannoneer to strip his Fury (This was a waste. Should have kept her back for late game, alas I was clearly in super greed mode).

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Rasheth cuts for 2. Yeah! Valid 7 point solo activation! Woo!

Krea stays chilling the forest, puts Paralytic Aura. He then temporarily thinks he's a baby Metal band in South Korea as he gets mobbed by Venator Reavers, though they are just using him for his sweet magic. They pop their mini feat, try to shoot down a Bunny. Take out a few columns, though no systems.

Karax and Void spirit spread out in the zone, front three engage various Bunnies.
Rasheth arcs a Breath of Corruption through the Void Spirit, hits five Bunnies, does some random damage amongst them.

Cannoneer gets Puppet Strings, Eyeless Sight and aims. Eiryss gets atomised, making some extremely ancient Greeks very proud.

Lastly, the Master Tormentor runs into my right side forest.

IPB Image
Mercs 2: Well, Breath of Corruption is going to be annoying. The silly death of Eiryss means that to kill the damn Incorporeal Arc Node requires Ossrum using Stranglehold. I end up deciding its not worth, as I genuinely forgot I was second player and clearing the zone was an option.

In any event, I opt to hold my feat, as we are playing a distance game right now and I want it for Ossrum when he decides to move out from the wall of safety.
Ossrum Energises, most Bunnies don't move much, it primarily gets one into the right side forest with enough distance to get through and plink the Tormentor.
He pots shots a Karax, so bonus.

The leftmost Bunny aims, kills two of the jamming Karax.
The other Bunnies then go, one takes a Karax free strike for nought and wipes out the Skorne unit. The right most Gunner misses the Master Tormentor, which was a shame.
The other spray Bunny, being the most damaged from Corruption Breath, walks up into the zone to spray down the final two. I have two of the Drillers go into the bottom of the zone, as Attrition is strong and Ossrum is safe I don't want Scenario to go against me (Not like Dominar Lard is getting to a flag anytime soon).

+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 16 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #330

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Rasheth chills in the forest, feats. Arcs another pair of Corrption breaths, which damage two Gunners enough for the Reavers to finish them. They also damage the suicide Spray Bunny, who dies to the Cannoneer shot.
Paingivers run up to annoy. The Void Spirit charges the right most Driller, knocks out his 1 and 6 columns.
Master Tormentor goes into the Bunny that failed to kill him, alas Rasheth control area is just shy and he does no damage.
I think this is the turn I was asked how much the Bunnies cost ("Your farm appears to be cooking its books" is how I think of it)

IPB Image
Merc 3: Grind on, this time with some scoring hopefully.

Tinker repairs a bunny, Ossrum pops his feat then walks to the left in case the Bunny fails to kill the Tormentor again. Casts Unstoppable Force, boosts a shot that misses the forward most Paingiver.
Gunners do various shots, killing the Willbreaker, Tormentor and a few of the Reavers. One walks and does two Bulldozes to get the forward Reaver and Void Spirit out of the zone, then kills the Spirit anyway.

I can bulldoze the Cannoneer out of the zone, so I just have to deal with the Objective and one Reiver remaining. Sadly I've done my order of jack activations not particularly well, so when the Driller goes into the Obejctive and ends having to burn all his focus to kill it (Rasheth feat countered for, Agoniser was not), he only gets his claw initial on the Reaver which misses.

Ergo no score. I run another Driller into the zone, I highly doubt Skorne have the mass to kill it and I can use it to clear the zone.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: The Paingivers runup to be Arcnodes as the hailmary assassination run comes in. Two Breath of corruptions on a Bunny with boosted damage put Ossrum on 11 health, Cannoneer does no damage and that's game.

Reinholdt/Eiryss poorly used, but more than that I hadn't really twigged that Bulldoze wasn't limited on a turn basis but an activation one. Should have just used a couple running bunnies to clear the zone, against the non-Sturdy list there isn't much to stop me winning on scenario once the Battle Engine dies.

We continue the testing march. I doubt this particular matchup would ever happen in a tournament. Plus I declared my confidence against Skorne with my other list, so at some point we'll have to test Gorten vs Xerxis1.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 17 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #331

Standard J time store, drifted lazily around tapping out until it looked like even numbers and I had to kick my Sloth off my nose.

Into Republican Chain Breaker, I'm still hard testing into what I armchair general-ed as being bad in general, given how the theme force pans out.

Ossrum1 - 8x Gunner, 2x Blaster, 3x Driller, Reinholdt, Tinker, Eiryss1
vs
Axis1 - 3x Inverter, Cipher, Conservator, 2x TEP, 15 Servitors in Elimination and Attunement versions

Dammit. I now know the actual Clockwork models names by Osmosis.

It's Outlast, I lose the roll and get given first.
I wasn't hopeful terrain wise, I've got some water and a wall, centre line has a central wall and a forest in the right zone (Though it's angular nature favours me), Convergence side has a not relevant forest, an irrelevant Cloud and a long trench that's dripping in sauce with the flavour of Meaningfullness.

I wasn't super worried about the Trench, there's enough stuff that I'll be able to shoot something. The forest in the right zone looked annoying, as it vectors me to not shoot stuff that'll contest the right zone, which isn't ideal as the water funnels me to that side a little.

List wise, SHIELD GUARDS FOR DAYS AND IT'S A PROBLEM.
I basically have to apply force in a very small area and accept that there will be several rounds here only servitors die, unless I can get critical activations out of my two Spray Bunnies, which is hampered by Countercharge (Spray 8, Countercharge 6, Servitors 3 inches behind means I need to stop the charge in order to get into a good position). The list change of dropping some light from our last game helps me with that. The TEPs are the biggest issue though, I have to kill them with Drillers which are precious as it is.

Almost Symmetrical deployments from both of us, TEP's and a Driller on the flanks, caster dead centre.

Oh yeah, Eiryss1 is lost on the wind somewhere, so she is proxied by Rask. Times are tough in Mark3 (Line stolen from Chappie. The person, not the movie.)

IPB Image
Merc 1: By dint of the water and the annoying forest, the Bunnies form a wedge of doom in the centre. That wasn't really intended, its just how it panned out once everything moved up.
One of my few decision points is where the third Driller goes, he goes on the right as it looks like the heavy Vectors are slightly leaning toward the left, though I can't pretend I devoted appropriate thought to it.

Eiryss gets Snipe and goes behind the right forest, in the anti spray nook. If Convergence hold back she will just do Phantom Hunter shots on Servitors, if they move up all aggro then she'll have to fall back.

Ossrum Bullet Dodgers himself out of a desperate desire to live.

IPB Image
CoC 1: Gearheads run.....wait a minute.....they have gears everywhere, most of them are robots....
Gearbutts run up, starting from the right to the left, where we get a classic case of Huge base discombobulation.

Essentially, on the left the TEP correctly keeps itself just shy of the left Driller threat range. The right one didn't do so, I think an effect of the Driller over there having a wall and forest in the way, which requires keeping in mind my threat range, feat granting pathfinder and that when the model is lanky enough it is visible regardless of terrain impediments.

By god Eiryss is panicking though.

IPB Image
Merc 2: The right Driller can go into the TEP on the right, so that's enough to make it worth feating. Got to pop that smuck and otherwise start chewing on Shield Guards.

The left Driller is in range of the Conservator and the left most Inverter, so I opt to drop both upkeeps (Feels.....awful....) in order to fuel both heavies and for Energiser, which was needed for the threat range to be fulfilled.

Ossrum feats, Energises, moves across to be next to the wall on the right. Shoots at the Axiom, hits and kills a Servitor.

I have to deal with the Counterchargey brick in the centre, as I don't want an Inverter to do a knock down rescue for the TEP. A Bunny slams at Axis, triggers the left most Inverter who charges in and knocks it down while also trashing the cortex. A second Bunny goes for the Corollary, finishes the tie up. Misses his target, but I wasn't exactly hanging out to do POW 6 damage rolls.

The right Driller goes into the TEP on that side, easily kills it. The spare Driller runs to be behind to avenge his soon to occur death.

Bunny wise, both Spray Bunnies go up, one behind the centre wall, the other camps out in the right zone forest, they both spray down some Servitors and do incidental damage to Vectors.
Four Gunners hang around Ossrum to fort him up later, the Counter charge Inverter has limited shield Guards so I shoot them down and wing said Vector a little bit.
Remaining two Gunners go to the left zone, one of them gets heaps out of control to be in an annoying spot, further plinking on the now most forward Inverter.

I have two activations that matter left, Eiryss and the left Driller. The Inverter isn't missing systems, but has lost a chunk of armour, so I elect to disrupt him with Eiryss and send the Driller into the Conservator, which he manages to destroy without issue.

Happy with the TEP, Slamming, Plinking and Ossrum cowardice.
I thoroughly regret the left side Driller, that was a waste. Given where the other Drillers are, I essentially ceded any practical ability to deal with the left TEP and consigned myself to just contesting the left zone. If he just moves to be between the water and the centre wall, in Ossrums control and with a couple Bunnies in front stopping him getting wrecked by charges then he is an active participant in later rounds and likely keeps my attrition game alive, which I think I lost at this point. Also Conservators don't feel good enough to me.

IPB Image
CoC 2: Axis counterfeats, a shortage on threat range I didn't consider with my revenge Driller placement. The out of control Bunny, Ossrum, Tinker and Reinholdt are all outside of Axis' control range as he wisely camps out in the trench. He beats on the knocked down Bunny in front of him, but rolls poorly at best. Corrally makes attacks to pass focus across and manages to strip an armour point of the standing Bunny, so that was something.

Left zone wise, the TEP and Cipher capitalise on my error and punch through the Driller. The disrupted chipped Inverter goes behind the centre wall, engaging a Spray Bunny.

In the right zone, two Servitors go on either side of the Spray Bunny in the forest. The Inverter, with a full focus load, stabs the TEP destroying Driller, knocks him down and takes off his claw arm.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 17 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #332

IPB Image
Merc 3: I'm hoping this is my score turn on the right zone, otherwise keep popping shots.

Zone clearing attempt first, the forested Spray Bunny walks out of melee, cops a good hit from the Inverter I neglected to notice was in melee range and takes out the Cortex. He still manages to kill the Servitor he needed to, so that was good.
Ossrum puts Bullet Dodger and Snipe on Eiryss back out, goes back a little bit to be behind the defensive wall on the right zone. A lucky shot (But not Lucky Charmed, because I'm Gobber blind) pops the Servitor in the forest, leaving just the Inverter remaining in the right zone.
The damaged Driller was the only one in a position to get it done, sadly the Inverter wisely engaged at further than one away, so he had to burn a focus to shake. He walks up, Axis' feat stops him, doing to much. back up Driller hangs around, in position to be in Energiser/Charge range of anything going into the zone next round for the sequel (Zone Clearing 2: Dominate Harderur).

Centre wise, the spray Bunny behind the wall backs up, my thinking being that he'll survive the freestrike (did so) and pops some Servitors. Alas, I didn't factor in the reduced speed, so he in fact was just a cog up for the Cipher to charge in and put him on one box of Movement. Blah.
The various Gunners then go, the very top active one takes the Corrolary freestrike. Three of the back ones wall up in front of Ossrum. Between them all they shoot down the damaged Inverter.
Eiryss plinks off a Servitor.

Left zone wise, the "What's a control range like?" Bunny moves further left. He can be killed by the TEP, but it's an inconvenience and likely not the optimal damage output activation for the battle Engine. He plinks down a Servitor, though one of the TEP's dudes should have taken it as they regenerate, but oh well. Little things.
The Tinker and Reinholdt run to the left backfield ready to run in and contest later on. This is a weird go to move I keep doing. Definitely value the lives of those solos....

IPB Image
CoC 3: Right zone, the Inverter polishes off the Driller that previously floundered at him.

In the Axis dugout, he finally pops the suicide Bunny that's just been limping a River Dance in front of him, he keeps a couple Servitor Shield Guards and the Corollary in his vicinity.

Left wise, the TEP and Cipher kill the Spray Bunny and the nearby contesting Bunny, the far left one who feels no need for focus carries on.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Attrition looks alright on paper, but the TEP is definitely beyond my means to kill and that's an issue. I have to finally get that scenario churn going.

On the right, a pair of Bunnies that can get Line of Sight shoot the Inverter to ensure the kill, they roll outrageously well and do far more damage than they had any right to.
Ossrum Energizes and walks into the zone.
The Driller then goes in and easily removes the Inverter.

The other three Bunnies nearby wall up Ossrum, plink at the Cipher and average out my earlier damage rolls by being quite miserly with the pips.
Eiryss backs up, don't want to lose her trivially to the damn TEP. Shoots the Cipher and disrupts him. Glorious.

Left wise, Reinhold continues mission run to location of temporary safety. The Tinker says sod it, shoots the Cipher and does couple damage points, because he's a WARRIOR. Sort of.
The contesting Gunner stays chill, does sweet sod all.

Mercs get the leg up with 2 CP.

IPB Image
CoC 4: Axis tires of playing the field and commits.
He charges the Driller in the right zone, drains his stack to kill him.
The Corollary goes into the most forward Gunner around, does nought.

Cipher limps across, shoots a rough terrain on the Bunny wall. Luckily for me it scatters and only enshrouds the least important one, I'd actually failed to even consider that the Cipher could shoot at this point, so this was easily the most useful action for it take.
TEP moves up, sprays down the central Gunner, also tries a shot on the Gunner that's up in the guts, doesn't do anything to the Bunny unfortunately also hits the Corollary, his dice stab in the eyes lacking the good grace to even try to do it in the back. Puts it on 3 boxes.

IPB Image
Merc 5: Axis taunts me on zero camp. With two Shield Guards, the forest and the Counter Charge options I'm not convinced I can get a reliable assassination. Ossrum can't get to him without shenanigans, but if he does so and it'll be with an Energiser and I don't trust a shiddy crit fish assassination when I think I can get scenario without too much issue.

I fall back into the "do the important stuff first" brainset, which is an awful mistake. Eiryss shoots to disrupt the Cipher, which the TEP ball hurls itself in the way of. Dangit.

Gunners move around in a wide triangle formation, the top one goes into Axis' trench and kills one Servitor. Another moves into the right zone to get line of sight past the forest to pop the other Servitor. Third one crawls out of the rough terrain to explode the Corollary.

That's the zone cleared, Ossrum falls back and camps as a last ditch assassination is the best CoC play (Low clock assist here).

The Cipher sadly will be able to run and contest, I run the Tinker around to vaguely annoy him out of mighty optimism.

Reinholdt, being a hero, is far back left that he's just barely in the corner of the photo.

I go up to 3.

IPB Image
CoC 5: TEP sprays down Tinker. SAD.
Cipher runs and toes the right zone.
Axis turn around and beats down the Gunner in the trench, camps three or so.

IPB Image
Merc 6: Dammit. That top Gunner was my central plan at this point, pre-measuring however determines that the plan is just possible.

Ossrum Energises, walks into the zone, casts Unstoppable Force. Bunny in the right zone runs through the forest, pushes the Cipher back an inch, keeps engaging so he doesn't Counter Charge back in.

Get to 5 CP, happy with pulling that one out. Damnable TEPs.

At the beginning of the game I scoffed at the notion of ever using Stranglehold in the matchup during the "This is what this caster does" spiel. In hindsight, that is a very silly perspective to have on an excellent spell. Having now done the math, in later stages if Ossrum was central he could get just within 10 of a TEP, upkeep Bullet Dodger, do a Stranglehold with boosted damage at a 72% chance to work. If it does, he then Energises backward and is completely safe from it attacking. If he fails, then the Battle Engine actually has a minuscule chance of killing him (Assuming I did the math correctly anyway. Glad the match cracked that mental issue for me, though it's a bonus given me and Abe always have sweet games.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Feb 17 2017, 11:12 PM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 19 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #333

Time for some sweet Clash of Titans action!

We arise eight and a half hours before dawn (Note: As far as I'm concerned dawn is Midday) and travel up to the countries false capital (If you contextualize capital cities as being the one containing a building where politicians can be safely segregated from the population they purport to serve).

Sadly a smaller event than the previous iteration, hopefully it picks up again next year.

I've gone with the Gorten maybe-you-should-stop-thinking-it's-perfect list and the Ossrum Bunny farm.
So I've gone in, filled with Uniqueness, Nerve and a lie about degree of talent. To discover I'm as about as unique as a case of Syphilis, for I am the third Ossrum Bunny list. At least one other was paired with Gorten and some Lessers. Ye gods, Cancon's Merc lists were all different and with a more numerous player total.

Round 1 is announced as the Pit, so it's already looking good. I get drawn into Skorne, so that Flippant statement from the last Skorne game can go through its test.

Gorten1 - 2x Gunner, 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, Rorsh + Brine, Aiyanna + Holt, Ragman, 2x Eliminators, Tinker
vs
Xerxis1 - Tiberion, Krea, Legends of Halaak, Zaadesh + Gladiator, Cetrati + Vorkesh, Swordsman + UA, Paingivers

Possibly some Skorne bits missing. The Other list was Makeda1 with a Hydra, regardless neither list looked like Ossrum wanted a bar of it. Plus this scenario might as well be written for G-dorf to win as far as I'm concerned.

I'll note this was KR's first game in a few months. Awkward.

I won the roll, picked the side which lacked a wall that might hamper me.
Noteworthy terrain being both flags having a large Hosue obstruction next to them, a circle forest in almost the centre of the zone and skorne having said long wall.

IPB Image
Round 1: Gorten and battlegroup head for the Merc flag, Solid Ground and Strength of Granite on one Driller. Crocs go central, that kind of forest is usually a good means of him projecting Star Crossed with little danger.
Rightwise, Ragman hides behind a small obstruction, Kayazy and Acosta go in front of it (Obscured in photo by said terrain). Ninja Pigs go hard right because I love to flank and threaten the Skorne flag, plus with his Animus Brine is probably the best model once arm debuffs are applied to kill Tibbers when he gets Defenders Wardered and stays out of Driller threat range.

Skorne deployed with a weird slant, which gets mirrored as they run up.They get the Gladiator on their left side and Tibbers on the right.
Behind the wall is the Praetorisns and Xerxis, Legends are on the right flank of the brick.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I set up the "Attempt to score on the opposing turn".
Gorten goes to my flag, Rockwalls forward. Bunnies and one Eliminator unit go to blocking locations. The Gunners do some winging shots on the Gladiator, its under the Krea Animus so the small damage they do is just Gravy on them getting to the locations I want.
The Crocs fall back to this lot and put up Star Crossed. Strength of Granite Driller also goes to this side, as I might need to do some damn heavy clearing out on Cetrati.

The other Driller and Aiyanna/Holt fall back a bit in case Tibbers wonders this way and I have to set up a feat positioning game, though the Elf/Human pair should have been behind the little obstruction for more free movement (So little opposing guns the Line of Sight block isn't needed, just habitual thinking/practice at work their).

On the right, the Pigs travel way up right as they are wont to do. The other Eliminators and Acosta then go between the Pigs and Tibbers, though I ensured the Skorne Heavy couldn't get sight on Brine and would have to trample if worst came to worst.

My optimism their was Tibbers would get dawn in, then Aiyanna and Brine could get him killed. This left me with a Ragman positioning uncertainy, as I'd want Dark Shroud up their for certainty, whislt I would also most certainly want it near the Gorten blob for the Cetrati.
I ended up decided that the Cetrati were a certainty, whereas the Tibbers plan is a silly gamble as it relies on opposing Player error, so Ragman goes to the left.

IPB Image
Skorne 2:On the right, the Legends come in to clear out the Eliminator and Acosta. The Kayazy dies with ease, then it's one attack from the Spear model on Acosta needing 7's to hit. This is basically what I think of as a classic Savio gamble, if it hits then all good, you can't field Acosta and not expect him to be terminated with extreme prejudice. If she misses however, then all the Legends are going to die and he can threaten it next turn.
Alas, he decides to try to swallow the pointy stick and carks it. Oh well, it was a 58% hit chance.

Tibbers doesn't fall for the death trap, he gets Defenders Ward and hides behind the forest.
The Cetrati go up to my wall and stab at Bunnies. With the wall and Star Crossed, they miss every attack.
The rest of the Skorne list hovers around the wall, mostly in front of it. Xerxis is in the middle on 3 camp.

Nothing got in range to contest and I go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 3: So I have an excellent assassination chance of pushing Xerxis to the right into Brine range. Howeverm regardless of how good it is, I have to move Gorten off the flag to nab a blocking Praetorian and I feel my scenario game a 99% win chance, so that's a no go.

The first part is keeping my flag secure. Gorten moves through the flag to feat on the Gladiator, Xerxis, Tibbers, the Cetrati and some Swordsman. Cetrati/Tibbers don't move, everything else goes way left, taking the Gladiator in particular far out of Zaadesh' control and stopping Rush being a factor.
The Bunnies do nothing, Strength of Granite Driller moves to the right side of the warjack blob. The other Driller and Snapjaw move to threaten Tibbers, if he doesn't back up or go somewhere meaningless he'll be in a spot I can get quality attacks on him.

Now the bonus point, attempting to score the Skorne flag.
Holt just has to clear one Legend, naturally he just wings it and does a damage point. Dammit Holt.
Brine goes in and kills the two right most legends, now it's all down to the one Kayazy. She moves up, hits the Legend, sidesteps, thankfully not killing her allowing a second stab which does and lets her sidestep to the Skorne flag.

There's a quick stare at the table, Kellbro puts forward that he can't see how it doesn't lose, I also don't see any way for him to do much so we call it there.

Obviously I enjoy The Pit, whilst completely understanding why it is going away. It's been some great Sprinkler time in the meanwhile.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 19 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #334

Round 2: Let us Clash again.

It's into Dils Per Second, who ostensibly had both Rahn and.....Ravyn?! Doesn't matter, he'll drop Rahn, so it's Gorten as Ossrum can't stop Force Hammer/TK/other Knockdown shenanigans.

It does take some time for that conclusion to be met to my surprise (I believe the contention point was Ravyn with double Strike Force would mulch Ossrum jacks, seems irrelevant when Rahn is fine and there's no Divide and Conquer).

Gorten1 - 2x Gunner, 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, Rorsh + Brine, Aiyanna + Holt, Ragman, 2x Eliminators, Tinker
vs
Rahn1 - Helios, Phoenix, Chimera, Sylys, Artificer + Hydra, 2x Battle Mittens, 3x Arcanist, Magister
Objective: Fuel Cache

After our last game at Cancon, plan was to hide behind the Crocs again but this time have a jack behind so I didn't get propelled backwards and effectively advance 1 inch per turn. Damnable Helios.

I win the roll, pick second for the scoring and to avoid a nasty long forest that looked like it would be painful to deal with. Otherwise its loads of house obstructions, including one poking into the zone.

IPB Image
Ret 1: Mittens are on the far left, with the next unit behind the Ret Objective. Hydra (Yellow) and Phoenix (Black) get up in front of them. Helios, being the Pathfinder model (I know that pain) is on the right. Rahn bravely stands at the back shipping Champagne.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Gorten bunkers up behind the Submerged Crocs, three Bunnies surround to stop the push shenanigan. He puts up only Solid Ground, as I fear him being just straight up shot at and needs the camp (Crocs don't block Line of Sight when Submerged). One lot of Eliminators goes up the front to make it a little harder to get the Heavies into melee with the Crocs (Cause Stealth is good yo).

One lot of Eliminators and a Gunner are on the left to fight the Battle Mittens on that flank.

On the right, the Drillers stay near the zone, Pigs, Aiyanna and Acosta go further across.

IPB Image
Ret 2: Rahn magic time.

Chimera runs up be to the left of the Gorten brick. Rahn feats, Gorten relises with his wall of metal and leather that though a window added to his lifestyle a turn ago, it was now a hideous death trap as he gets placed outside of the Brick. One Driller then gets TKed and moved into position, so Gorten gets Force Hammered into him.

Helios then Tramples forward, drags Gorten up into the zone with shots. The centre Mitten unit then drags Gorten further up and starts slashing at him. Between the Arcanist fueled Hydra and Sphinx plan "Let's roll loads of tough without knockdown" doesn't even get off the ground.

I was cracking up in that. Gorten traveled 15 inches, he couldn't do that of his own accord even when he could make a Strength of Granite Driller throw him. Dyls a sodding artist with this stuff, I have to treat it like Lylth2 and sit down to work out how the Bunker is meant to go, need some local Ret play.

List wise, I don't think Orin cuts it, as TK's drain out his power tokens and Rahn waits a turn, keeping enough elements safe out of Gortens predictable threat range.
That leads me to think the list either needs clouds (Not doable in a feasible manner. Yes, someone said TAC were an option. Yes, I mentally set them on fire), or more likely a better pairing. Kingmaker is definitely one option, though an unshiftable caster would also be ideal, which I think means the available alternate is.....oh god.....

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Feb 19 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #335

Oh jesus, Cyphon? smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 19 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #336

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 19 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Oh jesus, Cyphon? smile.gif

The odds of it being Kingmaker instead are maybe perhaps slightly a smidgen higher.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 20 2017, 12:18 AM
Post #337

Forgot to mention: There was an initial pairing error that had me playing against a different Ossrum/Gorten player. I was still at the "oh god wut" phase when the pairing was changed. An Ossrum Bunny battle would have been nightmarish (Gunbunny advance. Shoots Gunbunny. Repeat statement 16 times each round until the sodding things finally start dying. Clock out marking card damage.), the Gorten off would either be fantastic or revolved on either player making a single positioning mistake to swing the match.

The thing about traveling 300km to a tourney is you will inevitably face against one of your local players. Enter the motherland expat currently touring through Swan land on a temporary visa. It's Maddox and Caine2, given the last game was abruptly ended with James throwing pistol vaguely in Ossrums direction before exploding it was going to be Maddox all the way.

I briefly cavorted with putting down the Bunny Farm, then shot it in the head and jigged away with the excuse that Gorten into Cygnar needs to be practiced.

vs
Maddox1 - Stormclad, 2x Firefly, Squire, Junior + Charger, 2x Storm Lancers (Max), Stormblade Infantry w/ UA and 2x Storm Gunners

Word of warning: The table is pretty. It isn't, however, conducive to Orange Cygnar being identifiable.

Scenario is Extraction.
I win the roll and pick second, giving me a side with a largish forest that looks ideal for Croc Star Crossed shenanigans. There's a large central obstruction that leans more to my side, one of the factors being that it would serve ably as a feat blocker for Maddox if the Swans had it. Lastly, there's a weird thing of barrels, which due to its non-Warmachine model nature was declared an obstruction for sanity reasons.
The Swans have a small forest, which would have been annoying for my slower force to work around, though it won't do that to the Cygnarites. They also have another large obstruction on their right, though given the battle lines we end up with it isn't an important feature.

IPB Image
Round 1: Sure enough, the flanking Storm Lancers have no issues riding around the terrain and playing a Bugle march beat that I found threatening.
Left to right outside of that, there's a Firefly amongst the left Storm Lancer unit, Laddermore in the mini-forest, Maddox behind the green Objective Marker, Squire and Junior way behind her, the Charger to the right of the Objective, then the black undercoated Stormclad, with the other Firefly to his right. In front of that line of three jacks is the Stormblades.

The Stormblades have Dauntless Resolve, the Stormclad Assail, the Charger Snipe and the far right Lancers Arcane Shield.

Per the original idea, Crocs go behind the forest and Star Crossed. I blip out on casting Submerge with Snapjaw because I need Mr T to pity me.
One Eliminator chills with the Crocs, the other goes forward into Pony charge range, Acosta five inches behind her as I hope for her horrible gribly demise.
Gorten goes up to my objective, Solid Ground up. Dwarf Battlegroup go to his right, Strength of Granite up on one Driller.
One unit of Eliminators stays backfield, as I want them to be suicide contest pieces in future rounds. Aiyanna and Holt stare at them in bemusement, as usually they are off on a mission and not chilling with the support crowd.
The Pigs go behind the Obstruction, outside of the right Storm Lance line of sight. They get their with a smoke cloud pop, as I wanted Rorsh to maximise his amount of transfers.
Tinekr is far back, wishing his pile of rubbish included a copper rod (Wait.....is Khador essentially one Copper mine short of squishing the swans once and for all?!).

IPB Image
Cygnar 2: Charger aims, pew pews Brine, though rolls poorly.
The Stormblades then get up in my business. One charges the suicide Kayazy, the others go into Brine or make Assault shots on the Driller. The heavy takes six points, Brine gets dinged up a bit but loses no aspects. Lastly, sadly, the Eliminator survives. They retain Dauntless Resolve and pop Iron Zeal to get fully armoured up.

The right unit of Storm Lancers just run to super flanking position. Rorsh files for copyright infringement.

The left unit, Laddermore and that sides Firefly all move up and do shots, the jack goes base to base with the flag to force contesting from me next turn. As I foolishly didn't Submerge Snappy, they kill the hidden Eliminator as well as the suicide one, though they certainly had easy options to kill them by arcing on friendlies. Alas, not being Melee attacks meant Savio's Vengeance didn't trigger.
This unit of Storm Lancers, clearly being in the thick of it, get Arcane Shield (The flanking unit can suck it up I guess).

Maddox, the Stormclad and Firefly don't move much, keeping shy of Gortens feat range.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Simple plan this turn. Keep feat, these infantry mans are just a distraction at present, so clear them out as much as possible. Contest the left flag, kill everything on the right one.

Starting at the left, where Wrongeye finishes my stupidity by cutting himself for 1. He then crawls up behind the forest and pops Star Crossed, Big Croc riles and also slowly saunters up, using the forest to not get in Lancer charge possibility. They both Submerge this time.
Acosta runs into the forest, keeps in range to make Star Crossed relevant against the Lancers (Completely within 6, so 2 inch reach means you still get starry eyed and go into some manner of seizure). Green Eliminators run up, get in the way of the most forward Lancer and the Firefly. Quite sporting of them, seeing as how they stomped through the charred corpses of their body doubles to get their.

On the right, Aiyanna Harms the Stormblades as Holt caps one, annoying a Blaster to go up and kill another three.
Rorsh pops smoke and the Pigs bug out, which lets the other Blaster, Gorten and the Tinker put the unit down to its Standard Bearer.
One Driller, the one lacking Strength of Granite, moves up to Stormclad charge range, or as we call it "Bait bait bait bait bait bait would you like some bait bait bait bait bait". That probably works better with a beat behind it, but not by much.

Gunner combine to kill one of the flanking Ponies, Brine puts up his Animus and walks in to eat two Horse men and mostly heal up. I left Rorsh on full camp anyway, as he becomes the logical target. It most certainly raises the possibility of Brine Frenzying, but that's just how Lesser Warlocks go sometimes.

Cygnar 3: Damn, thought I was so good about taking pics. Oh well.
On the left, the Firefly shoots a Lancer, gets max bounces which is what was needed to clear out both Eliminators (Though the flag made them amusingly hard to get rid of without a Stormlance unit activation).
Laddermore walks up to get her Command range happening. The Storm Lancers then charge in, two go into Acosta, the other go into the Eliminators. The Kayazy die, their time cut sadly short.
Acosta kills two Storm Lancers and chills in the forest. Sometimes he gets it done. The Charger, fulfilling its destiny of being a royal pain, aims and gets a shot.
The Khadoran dice apparently know they are rolling for their fictional ancestral enemy, so it's a miss. I then dodge in the forest to have Laddermore block line of sight for the second shot. Whoop whoop.

On the right, the Stormclad continues to hang back, the Firefly moves up and toes the right flag, misses a shot on the Tinker (I'd positioned to stop any arcs going to him). The Stormblade charges in and flails at.....something?

On the extreme right, the pair of Storm Lancers charge and kill Brine, then repo backwards.

Swans go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 3: What a silly point cede. I should have put the bait Driller into contest range of the flag. Hell, even an 8 inch threat only needs to be just shy of 3 inches from a flag to threaten any contesting piece.Good thing Acosta covers my mistakes.

On the left, Acosta uses Vengeance to.....pop out of the forest. Rare is it that I get the Vengeance as an attack roll.
Aiyanna and Holt shift across in the backfield, Harm Laddermore because she is the Darragh of Mark 3. Think about it. Omnipresent. Aura of evil. Undead. OK, just heartless, but moving on.
Holt shoots her and manages the dismount.
Blaster moves up, shoots Laddermore, the Firefly and a Lancer. Puts the evil one on a box, otherwise does little (He shot an ARM 20 Lancer. I wasn't hopeful on that one.).
Acosta goes in, the charge on the firefly is an average roll. Which is a load of damage because POW 13 Weaponmaster, but leaves a couple systems up. I opt to finish off Laddermore with his second attack, as her buff is bigger than a Fireflies? Right?
Snapjaw riles, Submerges and advances to max flag contest range.

On the right, something kills the Stormblade? Eh, whatever. I dropped Strength of Granite incidentally, wanted a touch more camp on Gorten while I fueled the right most Driller, who charges and puts down the scoring Firefly.
Still fearing a random loss to a gun assassination, I run the other Driller in front of Gorten.

Extreme right, Gunners kill one Storm Lancer. Rorsh charges the other, burns his Fury stack but leaves him on 1. SAD.

This photo was taken before my failure to activate Ragman was point out. Ragman had actually run super left, as he wasn't really needed and is an easy electro leap target. He starts mission distraction, runs to the extreme left of that sides Lancer unit (Waste attacks on me! Please! It's my mission right now! These rags have earthing properties right?)
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 20 2017, 12:22 AM
Post #338

IPB Image
Cygnar 4: The left side Storm Lancers, still Arcane Shielded, charge in and pop Acosta. Rest well, you giant tool. I think the Firefly is kinda wrecked and just flag camps?

My fear of Gorten being randomly offed by gunshots proves to be a slight undoing, as Maddox feats and sends in the Stormclad, who trashes the Driller shielding Gorten and leaves the other a limping wreck. Said limping wreck then gets charged by......the Charger......it can do that? Isn't its name generated ironically? Anyway, I lose a Heavy to a Charger in melee and it's weird to me.
Maddox gets Arcane Shield from Junior.

The lone Lancer on the right tries to poke some little Piggy, but it was the wrong house.

IPB Image
Merc 4: As a weird oddity of this game, I was well up on time per the clocks (10 vs 25 minutes). Psyche Major was going into speed turned mode, I did the same, as I've seen him do 1 minute successful turns to often and we'd jsut watched a game where both of us watched one of those dirty clock wins where a bloke with 3 minutes clocked out his opponent who had 15. Things do happen.

Regardless, my plan was clear, use my feat at last, start scoring and chipping at the Jacks.

On the left, Ragman advances and Deathfields in the middle of no where. Because I'm worth it.
Grimes, I like your weird aesthetic choices, your voice I think is a dealbreaker for your music. Sorry.
Snapjaw goes in and eats two of the left unit of Lancers. The Blaster chips the Firefly again, kills the last Lancer on that side. Wrongeye moves up and Submerges, which I again didn't do with Snappy. Good thing there's sod all Cygnar left.

On the right, Aiyanna Harms the Ironclad. Holt, Gunners and Tinker all wing the Stormclad. Gorten, having dropped Solid Ground as it isn't actually needed in the matchup, charges. Buy Forge Father attacks and does sod all, because that's how randomization mechanics work. I then feat, getting just the Charger and Clad, who I push backward away from me. Blaster moves up to score the flag, also wings the Clad, I believe he's left with an arm and movement, but could be wrong.

Extreme right, Rorsh finally kills the Storm Lancer. The Ponies are dead, and its great.

I go up 2v1.

IPB Image
Cygnar 5: On the left, the Firefly wishes it was somewhere else, stabs something ineffectually.
On the right, the Charger gets up to contest the flag. The Clad doesn't make it. Maddox moves up behind them.

IPB Image
Mercs 5: Left side, Snappy kills the Firesly with Deathfield assist. Blaster fails to kill Junior.
Between Harm, Holt, Gunners, the Blaster and Rorsh I shoot down the Stormclad and Charger.
I can only really lose on assassination, so Gorten runs backward.

Go to 4v1.

Cygnar 6: Maddox charges up, kills the Blaster on the flag. Quick Work shot and Lightnings Gorten. Junior walks up and shoots Gorten. They don't even get close, because he's to boss to die.

I get up to 5 on points and there we go.

Alas Drillers, we knew ye only for our misuse of ye. Content with Gorten into Maddox I think, though I really should line up Haley3 games (Blergh).

Anyway, 2v1 up, so still a game left in the day :-)
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 22 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #339

It's a pick up game into the returning Key Ran, using that army I'm totally repping for February.
Quiet you, I already know. Team Tourneys man, beats down my poor SUSSness.

The Rahn matchup touched me pretty badly (In the whole "That was sweet, I'll get the mop for the blood" way) at Clash, so need to refine the list pair. Ossrum Bunnies is the first list of the little dude I enjoyed, but it really just added a second generalist in my list pair which isn't needed.

Ergo, work beinig a bit more intense than normal, I hammered this out in about 10 minutes then hurriedly packed it up for the game, thus our matchup is:

MacBain1 - 2x Nomad, 2x Buccaneer, Freebooter, Madelyn Corbeau, Trenchers (Max) w/ 3x Grenadiers, Croes (Max), Rangers, Boomies (Min), Kell (Free), Orin (Free)
vs
Maelok1 - 2x Wrastler, Spitter, Bullsnapper, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, Croak Raiders, Bokor + Shamblers, 2x Bog Trog Trawlers

So me and MacBain had a tiff at the start of Mark3, in that the various elements of his list didn't do what they used to, Gun Mages were no longer available, Grievous looked to be on the rise and his Feat being made slightly weaker (Though I had many a contentious argument with the watery Mike over that one) didn't endear me to him.

I'm trying to do new stuff with him here to get away from that, with the big decision point being to drop the Galleon, which was also a hassle in that once I took it and a couple Buccaneers to ensure Feign Death triggered when needed craped my points style. Plus Energiser should be good. Right?
Croes are for a Counter Measure target and because I got some second hand with a nice paintjob. There isn't much in the army that doesn't like Fortune.

I also haven't used this many models in a list in a while, so that will be a nice change of pace.

Scenario is Take and Hold both flags have a hill and fog next to it, the side I end up with has a trench and large body water, the opposing has a trench and a wall.
I won the roll and selected first, as I didn't detect a super advantage terrain wise. More on that later.

IPB Image
Merc 1: All my units Advance Deploying or Ambushing is pretty neat, made deploying not a nightmare (Things I'm not playing into anytime soon: The Legion Theme Force).
Croes go left-ish with Countermeasures up, Trenchers either hold back, put up clouds or dig in. I contemplated assaulting with Grenadiers, but lucky scatter plans tend to be bad plans (Alas Dougal Galleon of old).
Rangers go out right.

Going from the normal Deployment line, MacBain had charged previously to end up behind the clouds.
Nomads go left, with Ace way behind as a Buccaneer proxy.
Freebooter and Buccaneer run into the water to mock the Gators I guess?

IPB Image
Minions 1: A Wrastler goes out left as the Death Pacted Croaks form a vague front line, they shoot down a Ranger and a Cutthroat in the meantime.

The other Wrastler, Maelok and the Efaarit standing in for the Spitter go behind the wall of doom, which I only realise at this point is going to be super annoying.

The Bokor and Snapjaw go into the trench with a couple infantry.

IPB Image
Merc 2: The cloud the Rangers wanted to hide behind goes away. Typical.
I became fixated on a stupid notion: Hit Maelok with Hiss and stop any spell casting.
Aside from that, Death Pact means no friendly corpse collection and the field has a bunch of models that want nothing to do with my POW 10 and 11 guns I've got in droves, so lets do that.

Croes get Fortune, between them, the front line of Trenchers and the Rangers most of the Risen and Croaks die. A Grenadier lands his bomb in the trench, killing a bunch more Shamblers with passed on Bokor damage.
Croe misses his shot on Maelok (Re-rolled 8's are still bad).

The Failsafe Nomad gets up the board a bit, his bro goes into my trench, where Kell takes out the let Wrastlers mind.
The Freebooter stays in the water. Turns out the Buccaneer doesn't have amphibious, which is just weird.

We become cloudless.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Trawlers ambush, one from each side.

The three remaining Croaks move up, pop another ranger as does that sides Trawler.
Wrongeye and Snappy hang out in teh Trench, Submerge and Star Crossed going.
The Bokor charges up and eats a Croe, the centre Wrastler moves up behind them.
Spitter pops some more Croes.

Maelok hides behind the wall of doom, making me very sad. Bull Snapper goes in front of him.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 22 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #340

IPB Image
Merc 3: Imph. Already disliking the clock. Time to do random stuff.
I don't bring up Boomhowlers, due to no clue syndrome.

A couple Croes are engaging the Bokor and the leftmost Wrastler, so they die to Free Strikes to get out of the way. They then kill the left side Trawler.
The Trenchers cloud up MacBain, as he is drained from fuelling jacks and Energising. They shoot down the Bokor, Shambers and Croaks.

Kell wings the left most Wrastler again. The Failsafe Nomad charges that Wrastler, does some damage on the charge then flubs the world. DEF 12 turns out to be pretty good, no wonder the Skornites were disappointed.
The other Nomad leaves the Trench to threaten the Minion flag.

I do have one plan, which is kill Snapjaw. Star Crossed is annoying, so the right most Buccaneer slams Snappy. He hits, then rolls waaaay to far on the distance and this is now out of charge range of the Freebooter. Stupid Submerge....

The Ace Buccaneer then aims and tries to knock down the right side Wrastler. So by dint of my genius, I knock down the other Buccaneer that did the slam.

The Rangers try to kill the Trawler on the right side and utterly fail.
The Freebooter ends up backing up and staying on contest range of my flag.

MacBain feats, because everything is awful. I feat on a few Grenadiers, a Croe, Madelyn and Orin. Orin runs way up the board, hoping to stop Snappy or Wrongeye casting spells. He sadly lacks the speed to really get to a great spot for it.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Maelok stays behind the stupid wall of power, feats and Spiny Growths himself.
The left side Wrastler puts Rage on the Spitter, is otherwise missing his Mind and Body so flails like......a flaily thing that is ineffective.
The Spitter then starts attacking the forward Nomad. Trashes it with prejudice and puts up Counterblast.
The Snapper then puts up Spiny Growth, charges and misses Madelyn on the hill.

Right wise, the healthy Wrastler goes up to the centre wall and growls menacingly. MENACINGLY I SAY.
Wrongeye/Snappy eat the Buccaneer I knocked down. Fair.

IPB Image
Merc 4: So, how are we doing on time.....ah, I see we have crashed a double decker into Big Ben and numbers are landing all around us. Big heavy ones.

We don't need Boomhowler! Sod it! Let's kill that right Wrastler and live the dream!
Wait, we have no clock (As far as someone who has been spoiled by small sized lists choices is concerned)! What's Mael.......Def 18 Aye? Arm 20 something? Three Transfers?
Back to the other dream!

Buccaneer assaults the right Wrastler, knocks him down. Fully loaded water jack wotsitsname......Free Footwearer charges in. Might as well have chucked the model into the weak plaster of the wall as he achieves sweet sod all.

Huh...it is only now I realise that I killed literally nothing this turn. Yikes.

Kell is a boss, so shoots the left side Wrastler for another 6 (Poor dude.....just shoots a wall of leathery meat over and over and over. That's it though, he's only done it three times).
The anemic Croe unit moves up the left, shoot the left Wrastler to Silence him (Take that Maelok! You have to cast Rage! Just like you probably intended to!)

Trenchers do some CRA's on the knocked down Wrastler. Was super ineffectual. A couple,alongside the Rangers, fail to kill the right side Bog Trog Trawler. MacBain gets two clouds.

Orin charges Maelok, does nothing, I desperately hope he tries to cast stuff before brutally murdering the old geezer.

Scorings for people that try to win games.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Spitter frenzies, eats Madelyn.
On the left, the Wrastler just chills as he is quite hurt. The Spitter goes in, lightly dings the Buccaneer. Maelok and Wrongeye stay in their prospective Hideyholes, Orin gets horribly eaten.
The right side Wrastler and Snappy kill the Freebooter. The Trawler chills on the hill and implodes a Trencher.

Minions go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 5: Fuzzy as #### photo. I have stared into the deepest void, wherein the darkness is all consuming, encompassing and yet nothing. A visceral blackness that yet devours the concept of colour. I beheld a glowing pyramid of a most bright hue, inscribed upon it words. Just the best words. I believe they were "You'll get over it".

Incidentally, I broke my no photos under 15 minutes rules because I wanted to see how this played out afterwards. Plays like a toddler (A miserable mess that causes endless sighing).

I have to kill Maelok to get this game done in the clock contraints (No chance I win a time strategy, specially with the comparative amount of activations).

Boomies ambush on the top left and run in.
Croes go amongst them, Silence the left side Wrastler, who Kell plinks again.
The Nomad goes into the Spitter and kills it.
The Buccaneer charges Wrongeye, boosts the charge attack, puts him on 1 box. Buys an attack, boosts to hit and misses. Valiant attempt, alas for the spell that (I presume) blares Adam Levines Voice into your Eye Sockets and melts them.

The Trenchers mostly just shuffle up. They do CRA's and kill the right Wrastler with some nasty damage rolls.

IPB Image
Minion 5: Maelok moves into the open, keeps Deathpact on himself. Puts Rage on the Wrastler. Between him and Wrongeye they easily kill my second Buccaneer.
Wrastler and Spitter go into the Nomad. Kells efforts have paid off, as the Wrastler only has Spirit and maxes Fury to achieve little.

IPB Image
Merc 6: Alright, I've have 90 seconds to kill Maelok.

MacBain moves up, puts Failsafe on the Nomad (Only needs one box to live through the freestrikes and he can lay into Maelok at full efficieny). Shoots Maelok for a good amount with his gun.
Rangers move up the back, shoot Maelok.
Kell does another 6 points to him.
Trenchers form a blob, do three CRA's into Maelok and kill him.

Huh....that was easier than expected. It's determines I mathed incorrectly on the CRA's, so the Croes come in and finish the job with backstrikes.

Youch.....what a mess. I've got infantry model clock issues yo. Glad I've been to lazy to put the 50 Drudge and Alexia list down.
MacBain has an uncertain future.

I would describe this as not my best work.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 12:49 AM