Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shooting and assaulting from Dark Elder Transport Vehicles
Sepincourt
post Mar 20 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,910

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if I can get clarity on the effects movement has on embarked troops on board Dark Elder Vehicles. (Raiders and Venoms) Which are Fast, Open Topped, Skimmers.

I have searched this in a few different places and gotten several different views on it... but I'm thinking the correct one is as follows:

The vehicle itself, being "fast" can move "Cruising Speed" (which = up too 12 inches) and fire 2 weapons at full BS.
After 12 inches it fires snap shots only.

Passengers on the vehicle can fire at full BS only if the vehicle remains stationary.
Passengers count as having moved if the vehicle moves.
Passengers only fire snap shots if the vehicle moves 6+ inches.
Being "open topped" allows all embarked units to fire.

When disembarking, as it is "open topped", passengers can jump off and either make a run move or shoot and assault if the vehicle has moved anything under 12 inches.
Disembarking passengers count as having moved if the vehicle does.

Just wanted to check that all this is correct?
Is there anything there I've overlooked or gotten wrong.

Thanks heaps.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fuggorf
post Mar 20 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Not the hero Gotham deserves
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,749

The vehicle itself, being "fast" can move "Cruising Speed" (which = up too 12 inches) and fire 2 weapons at full BS.
After 12 inches it fires snap shots only.

The vehicles you've mentioned CAN'T move more than 12" in a movement phase. They CAN move again in the shooting phase if they give up the opportunity to shoot. This is called moving "Flat Out" and Raiders and Venoms both get a maximum "Flat Out" move of 18"

Passengers on the vehicle can fire at full BS only if the vehicle remains stationary.
Passengers count as having moved if the vehicle moves.
Passengers only fire snap shots if the vehicle moves 6+ inches.
Being "open topped" allows all embarked units to fire.

This is all correct.

When disembarking, as it is "open topped", passengers can jump off and either make a run move or shoot and assault if the vehicle has moved anything under 12 inches.
Disembarking passengers count as having moved if the vehicle does.

The above would be correct if you replaced "12 inches" with "6 inches."
Keep in mind that generally units that fire weapons of the Rapid Fire type, like Splinter Rifles, can't charge the turn they do so.

--------------------
Fuggorf's Hit List:

Mitch Wragg

Yeah that's right Ben, I said you were right. ON THE INTERNET ohmy.gif!

My moderator voice is rainbow
+Quote Post
Sepincourt
post Mar 21 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,910

QUOTE(Fuggorf @ Mar 20 2017, 08:58 PM) *

The vehicles you've mentioned CAN'T move more than 12" in a movement phase. They CAN move again in the shooting phase if they give up the opportunity to shoot. This is called moving "Flat Out" and Raiders and Venoms both get a maximum "Flat Out" move of 18"

I always forget that "flat out" isn't part of movement phase. Fortunately I don't use it much but I've played that wrong...

QUOTE(Fuggorf @ Mar 20 2017, 08:58 PM) *

The above would be correct if you replaced "12 inches" with "6 inches."
Keep in mind that generally units that fire weapons of the Rapid Fire type, like Splinter Rifles, can't charge the turn they do so.

Thanks again for the clarification. I always thought it was a little bit broken, but turns out that I was wrong about how it works.

Cheers for the info.
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Mar 22 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

-you can unload if the vehicle moves 0-6" and you can unload up to 6" from the transport.
- you can then run or shoot.
- Unloading from transport you can only assault under usual conditions. (open topped/assault ramp) But not if you have run, shoot rapidfire, hv or salvo unless you have a rule to allow you otherwise(eg SaP/Relentless).

Only a few units int he current game can assault after running (eg harlequins, Orks after Waarghhh!!! some special formations etc).

The 6" transport move + 6" unload (+2d6" charge) is aound the same as the the old 12" move 2" unload (6" assault), but it also has fairly large implications for cover for the unit if the assault fails. they now generally have to commit and if the assault charge range fails they usually end up destroyed or badly mauled.

They have designed the game to be a bit more random but also more deadly. Assaults are much more brutal and end quicker than they used to.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Mar 22 2017, 01:17 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 06:38 PM