Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Masters & Rankings update thread, ATTENDEES and 1st round match ups within...
Stallandor
post Feb 3 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 306

Hi Everyone.

The rankings are in. There has been much shuffeling since the last update, with the Masters, Fortunes, the end of year QLD event, and a Mikecon all in the books.
However - the biggest change is CanCon. 2 big things happened, as it was the only 100 point tourney of last year, a lot of people lost a lot of points. And thus, a lot of people also gained alot of points with the new tourney in the books.

And, for the first time since the Rankings were launched, we have a new overlord! after 30 weeks or so at #1, Andrew Goodman, unable to defend his 99 points from last year ,(thanks board of studies VIC, ya gits...) has tumbled down the mountain... well actually, he just fell down to #5. And last years perpetual bridesmaid in the #2 spot, after taking out CanCon, is our new #1! Congratulations to Clint Richards, 2017's marked man!

In another scary development, Ken Ferris has caught the express elevator to #2, just 7 points behind CLint, and 15 points clear of third. An inquiry is underway. Masters champion Jeff Traishy has silently slipped into #3, and Adam Story has shot up the board into #4.

Other big movers appear to be Karl (#7) Evan (#8) and Nick running the League of Rhordia flag at (#10) whilst Skeletor continues to sit at #6, and Queensland Ken charged up to #9, but more from other people falling than his CanCon performance (sorry mate, couldn't resist!). Less than 12 points separates Wilcox at #6 from Sam at #12 - its close!

So a Big congratulations to Clint Richards, our new overlord. The King is Dead, all hail the King, and all that Jazz.

_____
In a quick Masters update - afew things we can confirm for you:
1. The Masters will be in Queensland, on Sunday the 19th November.
2. There will be an open event the day before, Saturday 18th November - most likely a campaign style event ala last years Fortunes of war event.
3. The field will almost certainly be 12 players, 4 rounds.
4. Masters winner Jeff Traish and CanCon winner Clint Richards are already qualified (congrats)
5. Briscon & ConVic are confirmed Auto-entry events. Sydney is still yet to be confirmed.

More details will come a little closer to the event. After our amazing CanCon turnout, I encourage you all to attend your local 1 day events, encourage everyone you know with an army sitting on a shelf to get into Kings of War, and if you have dabbled in some garage games, get yourself to an event! I promise you wont regret it.

This post has been edited by Stallandor: Nov 6 2017, 12:50 PM

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mattc
post Feb 3 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,630

wow not playing has pushed me down... maybe I SHOULD play at my own events after all hahaha

Congrats Clint for taking number 1
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Feb 3 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,532

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 3 2017, 08:36 AM) *

and Queensland Ken charged up to #9, but more from other people falling than his CanCon performance (sorry mate, couldn't resist!).

I actually dropped from 6th, but c'est la vie. CoKAu was successful in many respects, got the team down and back in one piece, we brought the sunshine, Captain did the job at hand, we entertained the local Hen night scene, supported the local pubs incomes, far too much in my case, and I actually managed to get to the tables all 7 turns, couldn't see them, but got there armata_PDT_07.gif

It was a fantastic weekend, looking forward to next year already, we're organising the coaches and accomodation, and we now know all the best pubs, so party time is likely armata_PDT_34.gif

This post has been edited by ken-in-yorks: Feb 3 2017, 10:11 AM

--------------------
"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the latter than the former. Space we can recover, lost time, never"
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Feb 3 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,780

Well deserved Clint, top player and top bloke armata_PDT_37.gif

Well my goals for the year are already coming along nicely
1. Attend my first Cancon - Check
2. Attain my first and the most prestigious of best in race icons, Orcs - Check
3. Attend a QLD event - WIP
4. Win less wooden spoons than last year - WIP but one month down and none yet tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Tirrith
post Feb 3 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #5

Smashed!

Member No.: 77

What's the "Masters Mode" option in the rankings?

--------------------
"It's literally impossible to lose a game of Theory Machine with eKruger"

Chickenslayer
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Feb 3 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Tirrith @ Feb 3 2017, 09:46 AM) *

I think, when clicked, it will only take into account tournaments in the Masters year, October 2016 to October 2017

Edit: but doesn't appear to be doing that, so no idea armata_PDT_05.gif

This post has been edited by ken-in-yorks: Feb 3 2017, 10:00 AM

--------------------
"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the latter than the former. Space we can recover, lost time, never"
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Feb 3 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(BennyH @ Feb 3 2017, 09:18 AM) *

2. Attain my first and the most prestigious of best in race icons, Orcs - Check

Thinking of fully mounted Orcs next Season, so I'll be coming for that Ben armata_PDT_11.gif

Lots of events in QLD this year, 15 confirmed so far, will be great to see you mate armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tirrith
post Feb 3 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #8

Smashed!

Member No.: 77

Makes Chris Willcox No 1.

--------------------
"It's literally impossible to lose a game of Theory Machine with eKruger"

Chickenslayer
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Feb 3 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(BennyH @ Feb 3 2017, 10:18 AM) *

Briscon has more NSW players than QLD so far... can you make that? or are you thinking Masters 2 years running! WOO!

QUOTE(Tirrith @ Feb 3 2017, 10:46 AM) *

What am I a web designer? I don't know... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Feb 3 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Tirrith @ Feb 3 2017, 10:04 AM) *

Makes Chris Willcox No 1.

Don't tell Clint, they'll be tears armata_PDT_10.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Feb 3 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,780

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 3 2017, 11:05 AM) *

Briscon has more NSW players than QLD so far... can you make that? or are you thinking Masters 2 years running! WOO!

lol no masters this year I'm fairly certain, but if I get lucky and the stars align I could be there to spectate and participate in the day before. Won't be able to make Briscon, clashes unfortunately with work and RL commitments. Most likely I will be up there in May catching up with a mate around the same time as the "When worlds collide" (KOW v KOW historicals) event, so fingers crossed I'll be there for that one.

QUOTE(ken-in-yorks @ Feb 3 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Thinking of fully mounted Orcs next Season, so I'll be coming for that Ben armata_PDT_11.gif

Goal was to get it, nothing about keeping it tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post May 1 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #12

MASTERS AND RANKINGS UPDATE TIME!

Hi Everyone.
The second Auto-qualifier is in the books. With Briscon run and won, as well as a few other smaller events having rolled in, were are essentially half way through the gaming year!

The Rankings have shuffled a little - Clint is still our overlord - coming in at number 1. But the gap is closing, and order is restored with Jeff Traishy slotting into the #2 spot. Clint has 2 rankings from last year still counting - but when they go out for current this year rankings, he will drop a whopping... 6 points. Or not a lot (but that would still knock him down to #2) and he has plenty of time to solidify #1. Both players with solid chances to improce thier rankings. KenF has slid to third, but whilst he may be highest ranked Ken, he is not Best Ken, which went to Ken in Yorks for his Grudge match win at Briscon.
Sigh. We lost the State of Origin too...

Otherwise, the Top 6 at Briscon were all Masters players from last year - so someone up there needs to shove themselves into the mix - ConVic will need to do the same thing!
AG has been quietly lurking but will need some points soon. Nick Legrand has now planted himself in the Top 5 With his League lists, and cannot still be considered a Dark Horse with so much light shining on him at present. Other than that - not to many changes... yet...

Masters is locked in dates and venues wise. I'm going to try and have the pack for both it and Fortunes of War (which will be happening in Brisbane the day before) ready for ConVic (if not earlier). At the Moment, Auto Qualifiers:
2016 Master - Jeff Traish
CanCon - Clint Richards
Briscon - Ken Ferris
ConVic - determined in July
Castle Assault - determined in October

Which also happens to be our top 3 ranked players, so it looks like there is a good chance if your ranked in the top 12, you will be getting an invite, unless something happens out of th eordinary at ConVic, or people write themselves off at CAstle Assault.

p.s. Castle Assault is the last tourney of the calendar year so to speak (I think) and the last auto entry as well. Start looking at booking trips to Melbourne and Newcastle folks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
N.I.C.K
post May 1 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5,981

Always love a bit of banter that rankings bring. Only two days ago Michael Clarke was telling me to look at the rankings page, he has since gone quiet on the topic smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Ehsteve @ Apr 9 2015, 01:56 PM) *

I have seen that word (fued, fu'ed, and all variants therein) many times in the past few months...what does it mean?

Adjective; Fued: The art of being inherently awesome, having excessive amounts of swag and generally giving zero farks.

Active member of the Infernal Muppets Gaming Club | Tweet @lecopoutking
+Quote Post
DarthSabre
post May 1 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,556

QUOTE(N.I.C.K @ May 1 2017, 08:20 PM) *

Always love a bit of banter that rankings bring. Only two days ago Michael Clarke was telling me to look at the rankings page, he has since gone quiet on the topic smile.gif

I have been at Briscon playing games bro......on a real table, with real dice, against masters players armata_PDT_10.gif armata_PDT_36.gif

And it only May - the year is till young - this is a marathon not a sprint 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This post has been edited by DarthSabre: May 1 2017, 09:18 PM

--------------------
Twitter: Darth-Sabre@darth_michaelc
My Blog : Darth's Miniature Wargaming Adventures
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Jul 18 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #15

MASTERS AND RANKINGS UPDATE!!!

ConVic has been run and won, more smaller events are in the books. Whilst there is another couple of small ones coming up, after a big weekend of gaming in Victoria, its time for an update.

Auto-Invites are starting to shake out, in fact, there is ONE SPOT LEFT from auto invites to this years masters:

2016 Master - Jeff Traish
CanCon - Clint Richards
Briscon - Ken Ferris
ConVic - Evan Ferris
Castle Assault - determined in October

And interestingly enough, the 4 qualifiers so far are the top 4 spots in the rankings. Clint looks relatively safe for the top spot now - with FIVE best race icons, defending only 1 score from last year, and 8 points clear of Jeff Traish in the #2 spot. The big mover is Evan, leaping up into the #3 spot after taking out ConVic, and knocking myself down to fourth, with less than 2 points separating positions 2-4. Sigh... That said, I took the best Varangur icon off KeninYorks, and that was satisfying.

This means that, apart from our Castle Assault qualifier, the spots will be heading down, and everyone in the top 12 appears likely to be invited. AG has "tumbled" down to 8th, and is still defending a score from 2016. Nick Legrand in 5th also with a carry over score, and Adam Story and Ken Dunford are also defending tourney points from last year as well - but look likely to make it with a decent result.

That said, Chris Wilcox looks unlikely to finish out of the top 10 and should be there again with his scores being for this year, although Karl looks like he needs one more to make it as the pride of WA once again. The last 2 spots are where it gets interesting - CAN MICHAEL CLARKE HANG ON? And Tourney rookie Peter Lee, 8th in his first tourney at CanCon, would be a strong candidate to make it with one more decent score.

On the outside looking in? Fraser needs another score or 2 - but Pawel would only need 1 more decent score to also be in the mix. After that - some players that have the potential with a good score or 2 - Stacks, MikeCro, Feud, even Matt Cro, or Will Waddingham could shoot up with a decent score and people not defending their own results. Other than that - my money is on the late comer, Mr. Charles Black, who has the bug, and looks keen to crush his way to the finals tables if he can.

Have a look through here, http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/ranking...=5&season=0
Whilst 3 auto qualifiers are in the books there are still enough events yet to shake out pretty much any spot outside the top 5. Plenty of very good players who can make the masters with a decent result. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

(and then beat you as you roll terribly. But you can't have everything...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpOOn
post Jul 18 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 55

Not sure how I'm 15th, better yet I have a badge I probably don't deserve!

This post has been edited by SpOOn: Jul 18 2017, 06:19 PM

--------------------
6th Ed Fantasy Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/101449027096731/

Getting back into 6th!
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Jul 18 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(SpOOn @ Jul 18 2017, 06:18 PM) *

Not sure how I'm 15th, better yet I have a badge I probably don't deserve!

Don't be like that Spoony! have some faith! YOU CAN DO IT!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saracen
post Jul 31 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #18

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,214

When is Castle Assault on??

I haven't seen any details. Ken from Yorks wants to keep his title and wants to improve his performance in the drinking side of things.
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Jul 31 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #19

Its usually late October - Nick Legrand is the man in charge - I'm sure he will be on soon to comment. I think much training will be required for that drinking title...

Also I would be expecting the Masters Pack to be out in the very near future! Time to start getting excited people!

--------------------

+Quote Post
N.I.C.K
post Jul 31 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 5,981

CA will be the weekend of the 14th/15th of October. I'm sure I'll get the tap from Fury in the coming weeks to starting marketing for it but save that date.

This post has been edited by N.I.C.K: Jul 31 2017, 11:43 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(Ehsteve @ Apr 9 2015, 01:56 PM) *

I have seen that word (fued, fu'ed, and all variants therein) many times in the past few months...what does it mean?

Adjective; Fued: The art of being inherently awesome, having excessive amounts of swag and generally giving zero farks.

Active member of the Infernal Muppets Gaming Club | Tweet @lecopoutking
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2020 - 01:05 PM