Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [ACT] Clash of Kings Australia 2019, January 26/27 - Pack is up
mattc
post Sep 23 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,630

January 26/27 as part of Cancon

6 Games at 2250 points, 3 each day with a long lunch day 1 to explore the Con and see painted armies.

Version 1 of the Pack is here

Players (Bold indicates paid):

1. Charles Bateson
2. Andrew Bradfield
3. Damian Coburn
4. Ed Hamacek
5. Watson Ingley
6. Chris Kellahan
7. Damien Madigan
8. Christo Mvv
9. Patch Adams
10. Ben Rantall
11. Clint Richards
12. Alan Schultz
13. Adrian Stakula
14. Bruce Tobin
15. Jeff Traish
16. Trevor Younghusband

17. Jatz Turkich
18. Steve Tuck
19. Nick Prosser
20. Craig Smellie

This post has been edited by mattc: Oct 15 2018, 06:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mattc
post Oct 8 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #2

List updated
+Quote Post
Madrck
post Oct 9 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,790

Hey guys.
Would just like to open discussion on the time limit. I'm not fussed if it is 6 or 7 games but if we are going down to a 6 game tournement I'd like to encourage that time get moved to the clock. I'm personally for better or worse a fairly quick player. Happy to trust my gut and fairly good at making up my mind during my opponents turn. It does however reduce the amount of time I have in a game to chat with my opponents as I still need a fair chunk of my clock to play my game and my opponents are generally in the same boat if not falling behind.
Everybody that has played against me knows I'm a big fan of everything the clock does to keep a game moving, but if we are going to to reduce the number of games we are playing I'd love to get the clock upto 60-65min. If we are limited by the venue I don't mind starting the day a little bit earlier and would like to hear from anybody that is both for and against this idea.
Thanks for reading
Damien Madigan
+Quote Post
Asylum
post Oct 13 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,977

I know it's early and has plenty more time to sell tickets, but the event doesn't seem to have much interest/players registering. How's the KoW scene going down under these days? Fun system with a nice easy going player base (back when I was playing anyway) so surprised me to see only a handful of players registered is all. Hope you guys hit cap.

This post has been edited by Asylum: Oct 13 2018, 07:03 PM
+Quote Post
mattc
post Oct 15 2018, 06:53 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Asylum @ Oct 13 2018, 08:02 PM) *

I know it's early and has plenty more time to sell tickets, but the event doesn't seem to have much interest/players registering. How's the KoW scene going down under these days? Fun system with a nice easy going player base (back when I was playing anyway) so surprised me to see only a handful of players registered is all. Hope you guys hit cap.

This is about the rate of sale. There's about 20 paid I just need to update the list. AoS has come back in a big way but we really haven't lost many to that. The main t hing about kings IMO is it's lack of store presence.
+Quote Post
Asylum
post Oct 15 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,977

QUOTE(mattc @ Oct 15 2018, 06:53 AM) *

This is about the rate of sale. There's about 20 paid I just need to update the list. AoS has come back in a big way but we really haven't lost many to that. The main t hing about kings IMO is it's lack of store presence.

Yeah that's a good point regarding store presence. Never really see it on the shelves, well, anywhere to be honest. It's a great game and had a real nice community a few years back (and I'm sure it still does). Would of loved to see it show up on the racks at Mr Toys or somewhere like that. Price wise I think it's a great entry point. Especially for the younger generation who rely on "pocket money" or birthday presents etc. Would make it less shocking for the parents when they see the per box price compared to other games out there.. Anyway, not to go off topic. I hope the event goes well mate.
Cheers

This post has been edited by Asylum: Oct 15 2018, 12:12 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 04:42 AM