Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introductions, Introduce yourself to the group
Wilock
post Feb 7 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,891

Ok guys and girls, heres a nice little thread to introduce yourself to everyone.

For myself.

Names Rob, and Ive only been playing 40k for about 6months. My mates have been trying to get me into it for the better part of 10yrs and i finally gave in.

Army/ies.
40k - Dark Eldar 4000pts(approx)

At this stage ive only got my precious glass cannons but depending on tax time and the minister for war and finance, im hoping to get either some WHF, WM/H and/or another 40k army going later in the year.

--------------------
Something Wicked this way comes.
Evil is everywhere, so why fight it :-D

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MarineLizard
post Feb 7 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,589

Name's Rowan - I play 40k mainly but have recently expanded into warmachine. I like both systems but play 40k a lot more - I have around 1850 points of DE, 1850 SW in the works and 50 points of Cygnar.

--------------------
DON'T FEED THE IBIS YOU MORON
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Feb 7 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Resin Whisperer

Member No.: 5,612

Dono here - only play 40k, no plans to start any other systems. Mainly play Black Templar (have quite a large painted army on hand) and in the midst of finishing an IG army which will then allow me to play a third army; Tyrants Legion.

Have around 3,500 points of Black Templar and will have around the same of IG once I get it painted (dont like playing with unpainted minis, but just a personal thing, dont mind playing against unpainted).

-Dono

--------------------
+Quote Post
emplion
post Feb 8 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,795

Hi guys, I'm Paul M, 42. Like camping, bushwalking and wargaming. smile.gif

I live in Ngunnawal and have heaps of different systems to choose from. I can host, but only have 1 gaming table. My terrain setup allows me to do normal tabletop, space battles and sea battles.

I've got the following in my collection:

40K Vanilla Marines
EPIC Marines
WFB - Chaos Warriors
Mordheim - various warbands
Warmachine - Cygnar
Hordes - Circle (only a small force)
Dystopian Wars - Prussians
Firestorm Armada - Directorate
Battletech

--------------------
Paul - boardgamer
+Quote Post
Hypnotoad1
post Feb 9 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,915

Hey Guys,

I used to play 40K back in 2nd Ed a bit but haven't touched it since. Just got sucked back in in the last 6 months or so. Only squeezed in about 4 games so far so I am still learning the rules.

Like Dono I hate playing with unpainted miniatures so currently I have around 750pts of Orks painted up with another 1000pts or so waiting patiently on their sprue.

I currently live in Weston Ck but am happy to travel if anyone is happy to host. Space is a tad limited at my place.

If you feel like making yourself feel better by mowing down some greenskins then shoot me a message.

Cheers

Pat
+Quote Post
Wilock
post Feb 9 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,891

QUOTE(Hypnotoad1 @ Feb 9 2012, 08:52 PM) *

Hey Guys,

I used to play 40K back in 2nd Ed a bit but haven't touched it since. Just got sucked back in in the last 6 months or so. Only squeezed in about 4 games so far so I am still learning the rules.

Like Dono I hate playing with unpainted miniatures so currently I have around 750pts of Orks painted up with another 1000pts or so waiting patiently on their sprue.

I currently live in Weston Ck but am happy to travel if anyone is happy to host. Space is a tad limited at my place.

If you feel like making yourself feel better by mowing down some greenskins then shoot me a message.
Cheers

Pat

Lol, im still yet to make myself feel better against your damn Greenskins Pat, however i plan to remedy that fact very shortly!!!!

--------------------
Something Wicked this way comes.
Evil is everywhere, so why fight it :-D

+Quote Post
Darth Eddie
post Feb 13 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,840

Well what to say, the names Eddie Duncan live at Duntroon. Play 40k for about 12 year only got in to the tournament play for the last 3 years. I have the following armies 4500 of Wolves, 4500 of Flesh Tearers and i'm now working on a 3000 points of Death Korps of Krieg hopefuly ready for Stouthammer. I also have some terrain about 8 tables total. I'll be playing at good games on 18 feb so come say hello and lets talk about painting as it is the best part of the hobby for me.

--------------------
IF ONE OF MY POSTS UPSETS YOU, GET A TISSUE AND DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS.

ITS NOT POLITICS, ITS PAINTING.
+Quote Post
spaceninjajetpilot
post Jun 6 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,550

Hi everybody, I'm Mike, I'm 35, I live in Giralang and I'm just getting into 40K.

I can't play with unpainted minis, so this past year I've been putting together my first army, which is just about finished. I've got 1500 points of Space Marines, but just came back from the States with another few thousand points to paint up. (You can't beat those prices.)

I'm building a "Red Templar" army, which is basically a Black Templar one that I've taken a lot of creative liberties with. Not the most original idea, but sue me, I like the good guys.

I also like building terrain, which might come in handy for a new group like this one.

I'd love to find some 500 to 1000 point games to get more familiar with the rules. So if anyone needs a punching bag, let me know!

--------------------
If you're keeping your cool, while everyone around you is losing theirs, you might not fully grasp the situation.
+Quote Post
Shiaic
post Apr 27 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,512

Hi everyone,

I've temporarily relocated to Canberra for a few months (until about Jul 2016). My usual haunt is Brisbane.

I've brought some of my gaming gear with me, so please PM me if you are interested in a game of: Frostrave, Necromunda, BloodBowl (I'm new to this one), Warhammer Quest, or WarhammerFB Chariot Racing.

I left most of my terrain behind, but I have about 8 Necro gangs, 2-4 Frostgrave/Mordhiem warbands, and 4 WHFB Goblin chariots.

I'm also keen to have a go at RPG (prob would lean towards D&D or a Star Wars group).

Please drop me a PM before July 2016.

Cheers,
-Shiaic

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 11:10 AM