Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Red Edition Tragic: painted miniature collection, Squats, Orks, eventually more Ork clans, Genestealers and Space Wolves
Warburton
post Oct 3 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #81

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,763

QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Oct 2 2014, 08:47 AM) *

They're pretty close, I wouldn't bother too much. Small size difference, different detailing.

I don't think I've ever seen that model done with a glowy power axe... I'm sure it wasn't painted with one in the GW studio army

I looked through Codexes Angels of Death and Ultramarines last night and confirm that particular techmarine was not painted up for ther Blood Angels, but only for the Ultramarines, where it had a plain metal axe. Possibly, because the Ultras had red power weapons, it would have been too much red!

Anyways, it looks good but if I was painting I would have done the blue weapon (though admittedly that would have been a harder job....). smile.gif

Thanks for the info on the dreadnought also.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Oct 3 2014, 09:32 AM
Post #82

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

I'm glad we got to the bottom of that one wink.gif

I really should paint up a few 2nd ed armies soon. I've just got them sitting there.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
Warburton
post Oct 3 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #83

QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Oct 3 2014, 09:02 AM) *

I'm glad we got to the bottom of that one wink.gif

I really should paint up a few 2nd ed armies soon. I've just got them sitting there.

Yes, you should paint them up! smile.gif

And, I guess it's not quite Sherlock Holmes or anything, but still, we did get to the bottom of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Count Von Bruno
post Oct 3 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #84

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,614

Ha, I painted the Techmarine using the one in Angels Of Death as a reference, if I'd have known there was a painted example in the Ultramarines codex I would have done things a little differently!

On the Dreadnought issue there's absolutely nothing wrong with the plastic ones, this is my plastic one painted by my brother
IPB Image
I prefer the old auto launchers over the skinny ones they have now, but that might be a good trade off for how bloody heavy the metal ones are.

I'm packed up for a 2000pt, 4 player, 2 to a side game tomorrow- I'm taking 1k of Blood Angels and the same of Squats, plus 1500 of Goff Orks to bulk up the Chaos Warband another guy is bringing.

I probably won't be able to take exhaustive notes and pics for a battle report like a game at home, but I'm taking the camera and will do my best armata_PDT_36.gif
+Quote Post
Count Von Bruno
post Oct 7 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #85

So the game ended up being Blood Angels and Squats versus Chaos and Orks, each faction at 1000pts.
The Imperial coalition drew take and hold, and the Chaos/Greenskin alliance drew engage and destroy.
IPB Image
Marine (me) and Squat setup
IPB Image

IPB Image
The Ork setup, the Imperial objective was the hexagonal metal building
IPB Image
The Black Legion and Devotees Of Effluence Chaos Warband

This post has been edited by Count Von Bruno: Oct 7 2014, 01:49 PM
+Quote Post
Count Von Bruno
post Oct 7 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #86

On the Chaos and Squat side of the table the Squat warriors in the ruins were decimated by missile launcher fire, while the Thunderer squad badly mauled the Cultists and killed the Nurgle marine's Chaos Hero with a heavy plasma blast on high power.
The Magus Lord had his Plague Wind power reflected by the Squat's Ancestor Lord and the Black Legion Commander was turned into a plaguebearer. then diverted his energies to sneaky use of the gate to funnel the Nurgle marines into the ruins which had contained the Squat warriors and flank the bearded stunties.

The Ancestor Lord ( proxied by a Cleric, as I forgot to pack the miniature) charged into the Traitor Marines ( obliterating one with his force rod) and the Blood Angel combat squad gave up whittling down Cultists to break off and give the Psyker lord support.
The two Squat attack squads were poised to engage the advancing Gretchin mob and their Runtherd.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Orks rushed towards the Imperial's objective, one mob and the Dreadnoughts diverting around the shattered Imperial building to try and flank the Blood Angels and Squats lurking around the corner.
Squad Mephiston bravely faced down the approaching Dreads and scored two hits on one of them for no effect before being wiped out by heavy bolter and lascannon fire.
IPB Image

Dreadnought Furioso and Techmarine Baccio ran onto the objective in the first turn, while Captain Valerio, the Apothecary and Squad Paulus took cover just short, dousing the Ork mob in promethium fire from their flamer.
IPB Image

One of the Ork dreads broke off to engage Furioso, whose multimelta all but destroyed the Ork construct and then further decimated the besieged Goff mob below with it's auto launchers.
IPB Image

The remaining Squat Warrior squad faced down the remaining Dreadnought and damaged it with their meltagun, had the game continued the Goffs were about to flank and pile into the outnumbered Squats.

The game ended on turn 3 ( we ran out of time ) with Furioso and the Techmarine in control of the objective, both Imperial flanks under assault and the Blood Angels in the centre poised to assault the Warboss and the remnants of his boys.
IPB Image

It ended up being a victory to the Squats and Marines at 9VP to the Orks and Chaos' 4VP, had the Dreadnought not controlled the objective the scores would have been even.

It was a shame we ran out of time, but the game was an absolute blast!

+Quote Post
Warburton
post Oct 8 2014, 08:00 AM
Post #87

So very awesome. Great photos and it looks like a fun game. Thanks for posting that up. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Count Von Bruno
post Oct 14 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #88

QUOTE(Warburton @ Oct 8 2014, 08:00 AM) *

So very awesome. Great photos and it looks like a fun game. Thanks for posting that up. smile.gif

It was a load of fun indeed, I've since been reminded that the Ancestor Lord dominated one of the Chaos Marines with a missile launcher and used it to kill the Chaos Magus Lord, haha!

He still needs a little work ( and has been a Work In Progress for ages ) but I've just about finished this bad boy
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Count Von Bruno: Oct 14 2014, 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
Caliginous
post Oct 14 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #89

Blistering Barnacle
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 5,646

Looks great and fantastic 2nd edition basing too! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Warburton
post Oct 14 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #90

Looking good smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gorechilds Protege
post Oct 9 2019, 04:33 PM
Post #91

Member No.: 8,556

It seems photobucket ahs decided t0o just screw everyo9ne over, pretty sure they just cut the available space to host pictures by like all of it as there are so many accounts with pics of mini's with that blurred out photobucket overlay now. It's a massive shame as whenever I get the urge to oldhammer, I pop back and look at this thread as it is great inspiration, demonstrating what decent painting that most people can achieve can look like and presents an overall awesome looking 2nd ed army of orks and also marines and squats (but really the orks stand out).

Count Von Bruno,

if you read this at any point, did you ever get any more of the armies done and completed and are you still based in Sydney (back in Sydney myself).

--------------------
My 'Oldhammer' Tyranids and Rainbow Warriors Blog

QUOTE(Starfire @ Aug 18 2012, 07:22 PM) *

But seriously, I'm amazed by just how little GP has written. On a scale of 1 to Gorechild's Protege, this is nothing. It's like a Heavy Incinerator with which you've just rolled a 1 to wound.

"Don't try to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors, try to be better than yourself." - Faulkner.

QUOTE(Paddlepop Lion @ Mar 21 2012, 10:40 AM) *

All of these things just smash you unforgivingly and theres nothing you can do to stop them. Its completely stupid to take this army the way it is, you will degfinately lose every game no matter how good you are.

Challenge Accepted!

W/L/D = 0/0/1
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 11:28 PM