post Oct 9 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,550

Battle Report - 18 (Abridged)

Chris' Imperial Guard vs. SNJP's Elysian Drop Troops - 1500 Points

Armour vs. Airborne!

IPB Image

A classic Imperial Guard slugfest. Chris' ran an intimidating armoured tide. I ran my standard list, staunch infantry relying on speed, mobility and luck.

Mission: The Scouring
Deployment: Dawn of War

Chris went first, racing his entire army across the field. My troops huddled in cover as best they could, but multilasers and artillery started chipping away at the dismounted squads.

IPB Image

Outgunned, my veterans could only try and weather the storm.

IPB Image

On the flanks, Chris moved his Chimeras forward to the objectives, while his Death Company allies ran up the middle at my Sentinels. They charged through ineffective Melta fire, and demolished them.

IPB Image

On turn 2, my Vultures and a Vendetta arrived, but things were looking bleak. Chris wiped out my Warlord, and my 2 Veteran squads and began snatching up objectives.

On turns 3 and 4, there was a dramatic shift in momentum as Chris tried in vain to take out my flyers.

The Vendettas found the mark and began methodically removing tanks, while Chris' troops, now dismounted and unprotected, began to fall to victim to the Punisher Cannons.

Chris destroyed a Vulture and a Vendetta, and still held a narrow lead at the end of turn 5. His 2 remaining squads held 4 and 3 point objectives, Warlord and First Blood.

I dropped my final veteran squad on the other 3 point objective, and strung them out far enough to secure line breaker. The Vulture eliminated the squad sitting on the 4 point objective, and turn 6 saw us even.

Chris was unable to hit my last flyers, both of which I turned on his last remaining troop squad. The Vendetta's lascannons hit the three guardsmen my Vulture couldn't see. The Punisher took care of the rest.

IPB Image

With Chris' troops eliminated, the game came to an end. The final score was 5 to 2.

Chris started off strong, and the game looked well in hand for the first 3 turns. I left my vulnerable troops in LOS with his tanks, and it led to them being wiped out before they could really matter.

Several key artillery salvos scattered badly, and disembarking his troops so early proved to be a fatal mistake.

I was once again saved by my Flyers. Hard to hit and extremely destructive, they proved too much for Chris' largely anti-infantry offense.

--------------------
If you're keeping your cool, while everyone around you is losing theirs, you might not fully grasp the situation.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 12:42 AM