2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tau in the hive, New necromunda gang
jimjimjimmyjim
post Dec 12 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

I have just finished writing as title suggest looking for ppl whom wanna play test.

Pm me your email and I will send a copy of the gang to you

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Horundwar
post May 18 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,379

In a word, NO. Ignoring all the reasons this would never happen citing fluff etc etc I'm just going to make it plain and simple. There is no need for this, Necromunda is about the gangs of the underhive not gangs of the underhive andwhateversome40kplayerwantedtobring. Creating a gang is one of the best things about the game and diluting it with every alien who feels left out stops it being a seperate, unique game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post May 28 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #3

So I guess you can just reject the premise of all other xenos gangs in the underhive, such as:

Eldar
Orks
Nids
Kroot

Necromunda is not exclusively meant to be on one world. It's a basis for the types of stuff that happens in the hive world colonies. It's completely legitimate to consider that there are other planets where alien species would co- inhabit (most likely in an illegal manner) in any case don't be so narrow minded!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Horundwar
post May 29 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #4

"Necromunda is not exclusively meant to be on one world."
(apparently the quote thingy isn't working dry.gif )

Actually yeah, yeah it is. Even if you say the rules are a great way to represent gangs from a hive city on any world I'd still say no to aliens(even orkz which are awesome in everything) simply because aliens in the underhive(aside from the occasional genestealer/chaos cult) would be the result of a major invasion. That is the realm of 40K and the city fight rules if you really want to be in the underhive.

Plus whats the point of having a really unique background if you just turn it into 40K pocket edition. I really like that not everyone was included. This game is about the gangs and the world they live in, Xenos aren't tolerated on any Imperial world and even less so in a hive where who comes and goes is closely monitored.

This post has been edited by Horundwar: May 29 2013, 04:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freelancer
post May 29 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,251

As a rule set, it is just a 40K universe skirmish campaign system. Therefore anything in the 40K universe works, so long as it is just a skirmishing force.
Even on Necromunda, if you were a small alien force infiltrating the hive, the Underhive is where you'd hang out without much notice from the official defence force. The nature of the underhive is that all kinds of Sh!t goes down there. Tau , with their tendancy to subvert alien races to their cause, might try and start at the bottom and work their way up.
+Quote Post
Forik
post May 29 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #6

The radnomancer

Member No.: 5,537

this thread has potential

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post May 29 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #7

And that's why a handful of aliens can go undetected. The tighter the grip the more that will slip out of their grasp!

The only thing in the entire book that puts necromunda in hive primus is the fluff. No rules. If the fluff is ignored and rules applied as a basis then that's all that remains. Such editions as the NCE makes this compatible.

Anyways, that's my position. I won't be completely dismissive. Especially after not reading the rules for a gang!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zippy Wonderdog
post May 29 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 333

Well at the least they would have to start as an outlaw gang. There would be no battlesuits, except maybe a stealth suit which would have the same costs and restrictions as a heavy. They would also be limited to the weapons they can use since they are infiltrating and don't want to give the game away. You would also have to use human patsies to do all your trading as well.
In the end I agree with Horundwar if you want to play an alien race play 40K in killteam or if you want to play orcs then I suggest Gorkamorka a very fun and fluffy ruleset.
+Quote Post
Æon
post May 29 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #9

Edition Change Skeptic

Member No.: 222

[quote]
Well at the least they would have to start as an outlaw gang. There would be no battlesuits, except maybe a stealth suit which would have the same costs and restrictions as a heavy.
[/quote]

Do you think a Riptide would be too much? smile.gif

This post has been edited by ĆON: May 29 2013, 05:00 PM

--------------------

"Hail ĆON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post May 29 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #10

[quote name='Zippy Wonderdog' date='May 29 2013, 04:56 PM' post='2345001']
Well at the least they would have to start as an outlaw gang. There would be no battlesuits, except maybe a stealth suit which would have the same costs and restrictions as a heavy. They would also be limited to the weapons they can use since they are infiltrating and don't want to give the game away. You would also have to use human patsies to do all your trading as well.
In the end I agree with Horundwar if you want to play an alien race play 40K in killteam or if you want to play orcs then I suggest Gorkamorka a very fun and fluffy ruleset.
[/quote]

you pretty much just explained the whole gang right there and then!

[quote name='ĆON' date='May 29 2013, 05:00 PM' post='2345004']
Do you think a Riptide would be too much? smile.gif
[/quote]

maybe just a tad bit over board

--------------------
+Quote Post
Horundwar
post May 29 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #11

What I don't get is why you even need to include Tau or any other Xenos, it's a great game without them. And the whole "Xenos get in via the underhive" not unless they dig an extensive tunnel system and avoid coming up in the sump. The Underhive doesn't actually extend to the exterior of the hive, it quite literally is a seperate world to the functioning parts of the hive. That's why its called the Underhive, its under the hive not part of it.

What about Ash Waste Nomads I hear you say they come from outside the hive. Very true but they are HUMANS who are allowed access to the public areas of the hive just like everyone else. So it is perfectly reasonable to expect some cross mingling as the outer functioning hive can be traversed in both directions. So why can't Xenos land and infiltrate the hive using the same access points. Easy it's called the Imperial Navy, Hive worlds are major hubs of trade, industry and military logistics one doesn't just get to come and go as they please.

So at some point you might realise fluff wise it's very, very hard to justify Xenos in the Underhive. If you set your campaign on some non-Imperial world(they do exist) which has good relations with Xenos, absolutely their will be alien gangs. But since I don't think adding "andwhateversome40kplayerwantedtobring" to the game is anything but unnecessary complication, I will continue to be a Necromundan anti-Xenos stalwart.

Now just stay right there while I right a quick anonymous message to the local Redemptor Crusade letting them know where you are. armata_PDT_36.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Æon
post May 29 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #12

Edition Change Skeptic

Maybe the Tau just want there Spyrer suits back

--------------------

+Quote Post
neil
post May 29 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

Keep fighting the good fight Horundwar. Stop having fun jimjim!

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post May 29 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #14

[quote name='Horundwar' date='May 29 2013, 06:43 PM' post='2345129']
What I don't get is why you even need to include Tau or any other Xenos, it's a great game without them. And the whole "Xenos get in via the underhive" not unless they dig an extensive tunnel system and avoid coming up in the sump. The Underhive doesn't actually extend to the exterior of the hive, it quite literally is a seperate world to the functioning parts of the hive. That's why its called the Underhive, its under the hive not part of it.

What about Ash Waste Nomads I hear you say they come from outside the hive. Very true but they are HUMANS who are allowed access to the public areas of the hive just like everyone else. So it is perfectly reasonable to expect some cross mingling as the outer functioning hive can be traversed in both directions. So why can't Xenos land and infiltrate the hive using the same access points. Easy it's called the Imperial Navy, Hive worlds are major hubs of trade, industry and military logistics one doesn't just get to come and go as they please.

So at some point you might realise fluff wise it's very, very hard to justify Xenos in the Underhive. If you set your campaign on some non-Imperial world(they do exist) which has good relations with Xenos, absolutely their will be alien gangs. But since I don't think adding "andwhateversome40kplayerwantedtobring" to the game is anything but unnecessary complication, I will continue to be a Necromundan anti-Xenos stalwart.

Now just stay right there while I right a quick anonymous message to the local Redemptor Crusade letting them know where you are. armata_PDT_36.gif
[/quote]
But that's just the thing it's not a prerequisite for you to understand!

It's just a game!

Take for example, why are there outlaws? There doesn't need to be outlaws but there are. They are there for variety and for players to tweak and play around with stuff as they wish, is there something wrong with this, nope. Does it provide players with a challenge? Yes. Then that's a good enough criteria to me. And good enough for a dozen others players I know too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Starfire
post May 29 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,286

[quote]andwhateversome40kplayerwantedtobring[/quote]

You can almost scrape the disdain off the screen.

Ok Horundwar, we get that you aren't interested. Maybe someone else would be?

This post has been edited by Starfire: May 29 2013, 11:37 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
Horundwar
post May 29 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #16

No Xenos in the Underhive!!!
[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3514113792/h175A4B1C/[/img]

Like the cripple kid who only ever gets to watch the game, yes we meant to leave you out and stiff sh*t.

Death to Xenos, except orks those guys are AWESOME.

This post has been edited by Horundwar: May 29 2013, 11:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Starfire
post May 29 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,286

[img]http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/95/03/001a0395_medium.png[/img]

The chances of there being two bullets with my name on it are very small.

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
Horundwar
post May 30 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #18

[img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/256/9/1/motivational_poster___kill_xenos_by_johnhazatoth-d5ejt1x.jpg[/img]

--------------------
+Quote Post
Æon
post May 30 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #19

Edition Change Skeptic

I find it strange that in a game that has official rules for having Orks, Chaos Daemons, Chaos Space Marines and Genestealers, having a few Tau is going over the line...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post May 30 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #20

Don't forget the Eldar!

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 03:35 AM