2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreadfleet
jimjimjimmyjim
post Aug 15 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #21

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

I can't take that question seriously, you have referred to it being a game!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Æon
post Aug 15 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #22

Edition Change Skeptic

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 222

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Aug 15 2013, 12:49 AM) *

I can't take that question seriously, you have referred to it being a game!

I assume by dodging the question again then you have not played it.

So it's a bad game despite not playing it before and relying on one review that says its not the best game in the world... (Hint: that doesn't actually mean its bad...)

--------------------

"Hail ∆ON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Aug 15 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #23

I have played it and its balls, the worst most boring thing I have played in years

--------------------
+Quote Post
Æon
post Aug 15 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #24

Edition Change Skeptic

Member No.: 222

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Aug 15 2013, 10:09 AM) *

I have played it and its balls, the worst most boring thing I have played in years

Yay! armata_PDT_14.gif you answered the question! armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------

"Hail ∆ON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
+Quote Post
ThatWallyGuy
post Aug 15 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 13,305

I quite enjoy the game..

The only issue i have with it is that the space required is wargame size.. and while the mat is awesome, it moves too easily on a smooth surface.. but the models are kewl and dont actualyl require gluing which I thought was kewl

--------------------
Only The Insane Can Truly Prosper
Only Those Who Can Prosper Can Truly Judge What Is Sane
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Aug 15 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(∆ON @ Aug 15 2013, 11:19 AM) *

Yay! armata_PDT_14.gif you answered the question! armata_PDT_37.gif

Your life is complete!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stoppmaster@hotmail.com
post Jul 18 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,671

Not sure if anyone is interested in this game anymore but I have been playing around with different ideas to try and make Dreadfleet a better game to play
have really been inspired by some of the ideas others have come up, but not sure where to put my take on it

anyway after seeing star trek attack wing and star wars armada i stole some ideas from them as well, anyway here is what i came up with: (be warned none of these are play tested so donít know how it all works in practice)

deciding turns:
Turn order is dictated by whichever player has a ship closest to the wind gauge, if a draw, whoever has the best command ability, if still a draw, then dreadfleet goes first, then activate ships as normal (this is more to simulate the fact that in real naval war fare whoever got the wind first had the advantage, and the dreadfleet would know their territory better so also have an advantage)

Fate phase:
Each player draws 6 fate cards at the beginning, keep these secret, can do a single re-draw for cards you donít want. each player must then play one fate card from their hand each turn, drawing a new card so they always have 6, all cards played are acted on as per the card, however only the strongest wind strength is applied to both wind strength and direction

shooting:
as normal, except can fire 1/2 broadside rounding up from the forward arc, also can re-roll missed hits should the ship be firing from one arc only, each arc can select different targets or the same target following the normal rules. if a ship has an additional flaming weapon, roll the extra flaming dice for all arcs, all arcs are rolled separately (to show that these things have lots of guns but like all boats are most vulnerable from the rear)

Boarding and Swashbuckling as normal

Doing Damage
still keeping the damage deck, but the hull and crew value added together equal the total amount of cards a ship can take before it sinks, and for each failed armour save of 1, flip the damage card and apply the effects, this acts as a critical, the ship is sunk if it reaches 0 crew or hull as normal (this is to allow more control of damage given the bigger ships need to be hit more often, reducing crew helps in boarding and other special damage just make it more vulnerable, upgrade fate cards do their normal thing when applied to a ship)

orders are as normal, toying with the idea of ignoring the test to give an order but still not sure

ships:
Bloody reaver: control monster remains in effect until monster is destroyed, can control multiple sea monsters
Heldenhammer: hammer attacks are criticals and discard any special cards
swordfish: ram attack damage are all criticals applying all hull damage
shade wraith: same but canít be set ablaze and immune to fire attacks (i couldnít understand how a ghost ship could catch fire)
flaming scimitar: all the same but all three ship powers are constantly active, as wind determines turn order i imagine this ship can be quite powerful, also the sea nymphs remove one hull critical or damage card
sea drake: all successful bolt thrower damage that isnít saved is multiplied by D3 or just doubled not sure which yet, also dragon broadside and boarding add a single set ablaze card (because dragons breath fire)
Dwarf ship: same
Black Kraken: same
Skaven ship: same except all damage not only ignores armour but counts as critical damage
curse of zandrie: same

like i have said these are ideas i have been playing with and just want to see what others think, would be interested if anyone gives them a go
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 11:26 AM