So in the Massacre book it is mentioned that during the proto legion phase 3 companies( I am sure I've read the were called companies on terra during this stage) were held in isolation from the rest. The space wolves and the alpha legion and the salamanders( can't recall their actual designation during this time) now the first two it's pretty obvious why they have been isolated but why the 18th?
There could be many possible reasons.
- daddy knew he made a perpetual son and wanted to know if the legionaires with Vulcans seed would also have this trait. It would be dangerous to have a legion of these guys so maybe the were quarantined.
- isolation to hone their independence, were they are the only legion assets, thus relying heavy on joint operations with human elements or relying on themselves alone. Did this stage instil their fondness with humanity.
- we know Vulcan was ,neat to be the gate keeper. Whatever that is. We know he is a perpetual. We know he would sacrifice himself to save the ones he loved, that can not be said about a single other pPrimarch. What if the gate keeper means that after all said and done Vulcan is set to protect humanity for eternity. We already know that each of the 7 realms has a protector in current 40k, is this just the natural watered down version. Vulcan and his legion were created to live amongst humanity?
- Vulcan was actually meant for the throne. Yes as far as I know has no psychic abilities, so death would be instant, but he's perpetual, and every time he dies rebirth is quicker. The throne sits in front of a massive gate.
- something to do with the void dragon and that gate.
Magnus was supposed to be on the throne I thought.
The VS novel I generally overlook. But that gate, you are right. The Emperor already had a perpetual assigned to that though didn't he?
There was a perpetual assigned to that gate but she failed in sealing it before Horus arrived. Imagine if she was there with a partner say a perpetual primarch
Yeah true. I failed to take much in from that book. One of the worst in my opinion. I just don't buy that Vulcan was meant to be locked away in solitude. It'd be a wast of his unique relationship with humans. Greenpeace has been mentioned before. There is also the Cadian gate. Anyways it's also highly unlikely that the emperor even intended certain roles for his sons and daughter. But then why the unique nature of them all.
I agree in that I doubt the emperor even intended to have certain roles for them at all. I see it as they are all different facets of who the Emperor is, they are the sum of his parts so to speak.
Magnus with his psychic mastery
Angron with the rage
Vulkan his compassion and care for humanity
I always read it that Vulkan would be the man who lead the hearts and minds campaign for humanity. He would be the face that united all of the disparate communities on the edge of the galaxy. Which is where his perpetual status would come into play. He can land somewhere and work alone for centuries and not be concerned with dying.
I take insult that Sangunius wouldn't sacrifice himself for others...
My theory (despite being a Salamanders player) is the XVIIIth didn't matter. Just like The Thousand Sons, the Emperor was only interested in their primarch.
Working from that perhaps they were held back simply because resources and material went to the legions that did matter. It explains why they were thrown into a near suicide mission, why they were allowed to give themselves more near suicide missions, and why Vulkan wasn't reunited with them for years.
Considering the legions were mostly (all?) Around before the primarch project though, doesn't make much sense. Sure, each primarch moulded his legion to enhance their natural traits and match his own, but they existed back during the unification wars.
Hmm, amd they were an entirely different legion to what they became. Loved destroyer weaponary, through them selves at impossible odds. Then Vulkan be like "y'all mother ######ers need space Jesus"
I remember in oen book. Destroyers were brought up and a chapter master and Vulkan met eye to eye and there was inimosity or hidden ###### going on. It bugs me when people say they don't use destroyer weapons, this is merely an in game balance effect. Sure they don't use them in great effect but they sure do have a full contingent of them.camd if you read how pyroclasts fight they are pretty much destroyers but with flames.
Only the Proto Marines were before the primarchs, they were used during the unification wars, they conquered terra under his banner while he worked on the Primarch project in the Himalayas, the legions actually came after the gestation capsules were whisked away by chaos so they all would have some form of trait of there fathers before the great crusade commenced.
I think the Master of mankind had plans for all his sons considering he created them by his own hands but unfortunately it went to the fan when they were taken from him. The 3 legions " kept " aside are quite unique in when looking at there Primarchs.
Yes and no
The primarchs where created first, but then heresy, Erebus time warp happened and they were whisked away. the emperor abandoned the project. Murdered all the thunder warriorscand creates the proto legions who were appoc chapter strength to cleanse Lunar, Mars etc most legion know their currents names but it we. Cognomen
Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)