Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Field of Glory Napoleonic (v2), The world of corps-level Nap gaming mainly in 20mm
b20f08
post Jun 12 2019, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 6,935

Soz. Get-together did not happen. Late cancellations. Next time maybe. Lol. In the meantime, going to prac by playing the SI solo. And playtest a few key points little utilised in my game. Will post batreps between now and Bristoricon.

First game will feature the Bavarians (reformed) against the Austrians (unreformed).

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan & Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
"Life without regrets is no life at all" Yip Man
"If you lack technique you lose the freedom to create" Paco de Lucia
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jun 19 2019, 12:59 PM
Post #22

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Just sharing news that FoGN v2 will feature at MOAB (Sydney). 5 & 6 Oct. For those interested.

Around that month, will also be running a local fast play event. 20mm/25mm. 650 pts. 1 dayer. 3-4 Rounds. Free entry.

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan & Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jun 21 2019, 07:59 AM
Post #23

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Field of Glory Napoleonic v2 event (HX4).
20mm (small 25mm allowed).
650 pts (Vanguard Fast Play).
4 rounds (2 hours).
One day.
FREE entry.
Limited places: 6.
Scenario-specific games.
Tournament scoring used.

Date: one Saturday in October.
Venue: to be confirmed.

Attending:
5. Reserved.
6. Reserved. (Russian 1812)

EDIT: 29 June. Apologies. Date is the 5th October (Queen's Birthday long weekend). Free entry. Post your interest here. Please, NO unpainted lists.

Interested:
4. Probable.

EDIT: 30 June. Will update as confirmations arrive. Cheers.

This post has been edited by b20f08: Jun 30 2019, 09:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jul 9 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #24

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Focussing all remaining energies and time to this event for this year. Still places. Player's pack made available to individual entrants.

Spare armies for use include - Bavarians, Austro-Hungarian, French, and Russian. Cheers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jul 13 2019, 01:37 AM
Post #25

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Having a 650 pt game tomorrow. French vs Russians. Non-scenario game. Should be fun to see how the upgraded rules handle the disputes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jul 13 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #26

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Game was cut short. Been over a year since last played. It showed as we went through terrain placement. Simon brought his French 1812 800 pt list abbreviated to 650 pts. I ran my 650 pt Russian 1812 #2 list (I have an 1805 list and enough overs to field another 3 Russian corps!).

We settled on Eastern Europe as the region. Apart from a few shifts, table was pretty much settled on initial placing. Simon chose Positional Defence and had blocked #4 and #6. I chose Probe and blocked #5. So once Simon had fully deployed all his three divisions, and I had placed my lone division the game began. The French were restricted for the first two moves and played a wait-to-what-unfolds situation during these two turns. I bought on my reserves in the first turn, being the Attacker, and placed them alongside my lone van division. My third division would not appear until Turn 3. Or was it Turn 4?

The French could only bombard the defended BUA (represented by single building) ineffectually causing nought but ammo wastage! My infantry began to advance once they remembered they were the attackers. The eventual arrival of my third division as reinforcements finally activated the waiting French. The large woods in the centre saw the French advance through while the French cavalry on their left advanced, motivated by the sudden appearance of my Cossacks and Hussars. On the far French right, which was lightly held by a cuirassier brigade, there was movement as they advanced on the Russian field commander sunning himself on the ridgeline. My left contained only him and a large conscript infantry unit. The two built up areas (BUA) were defended by my most veteran troops - jagers and grenadiers.

With both sides now fully deployed the game began to gain some momentum. I ordered a general advance in the centre with my infantry from my reserve. The cavalry was hastily shifted to my left to prevent the French cuirassiers from enjoying their way with my conscripts closely guarding my LOC.

The French also stirred with the two cavalry brigades of the French left advancing on a perceived threat at my reinforcement suddenly appearing to their front. The infantry in the woods also pushed through. The voltogeirs even targetted my fleet-hooved Cossacks racing across their front. But they caused minimal harm.

My cuirassiers were pressed to make in time to counter their opposites. Yet they managed it just in time to be charged!

There were four combats in the turn - French cuirassiers vs Russian cuirassiers, two French infantry brigades attacking my infantry brigade closest to the road, French lights (emerging from woods) vs my advancing Russian line brigade, and French cuirassiers charging my hussars. Defensive fire had surprising successful results as two French brigades were repulsed. But the combat was more in my opponent's favour. My cuirassiers repelled the French cuirassiers but my Hussars were broken by the French cuirassiers. The infantry duel was won by my oppinent who forced my troops to retreat.

At this interesting stage, we reached game time end. A quick analysis post-game saw no victory by attrition (percentage losses were too low to cause a result). Using the tourney scoring system gave a closer result with Simon winning by a close result (9 to 7). Out of 25.

Overall, we realised just how long we've been out of touch with the game. Yet it wasn't that long ago that we didn't know our way around. The rulebook upgrade has improved layout and easily accessing information. Look forward to one more game before the free HistorX event scheduled for 5 Oct.

Sorry, no pics. Not doing that sort of thing anymore at such a level. May occasionally post a few pics now and then. Cheers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Jul 14 2019, 04:15 AM
Post #27

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Postscript: A big plus we both found was the tabulated play sequence, useful for those frequent memory lapses. armata_PDT_14.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 02:03 AM