Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Masters & Rankings update thread, ATTENDEES and 1st round match ups within...
mattc
post Jul 31 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,630

Hey Ken,

Sorry if this is somewhere in the thread already. What will be your cut off date?

Also are u going to use the past year or rankings season on the fields of blood website?

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Aug 2 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 306

Hi Matt

I was using the last 12 months - I didn't see the "current season" button! I'll use that next time.
Cut off is 31-October. So still afew more events to go and plenty of scope for movement - especially with Canberra coming out of nowhere to host a big event in a couple of weeks, a couple of guys could really move after that!

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
mattc
post Aug 2 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Aug 2 2017, 09:07 AM) *

Hi Matt

I was using the last 12 months - I didn't see the "current season" button! I'll use that next time.
Cut off is 31-October. So still afew more events to go and plenty of scope for movement - especially with Canberra coming out of nowhere to host a big event in a couple of weeks, a couple of guys could really move after that!

Thanks mate, no matter what I'll choke at my next event
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Aug 2 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(mattc @ Aug 2 2017, 09:48 AM) *

Thanks mate, no matter what I'll choke at my next event

Don't be like that! I BELIEVE IN YOU

I also want to see the Swordmaster make the masters, and try and convince the world that the only U is MSU!

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
Swordmaster
post Aug 3 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,525

@ mattc

You can do it! You have won a local even already, you can do it again! armata_PDT_36.gif

@ Stallandor

It would be, indeed, a great thing to play at Masters but mainly for the opportunity to play against and learn from the best! armata_PDT_37.gif
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Oct 5 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #26

Hi Everyone
The MASTERS is on! please see the thread for the details!
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189571 But its Sunday, 3rd December in Brisbane.

Fortunes of war will also be on the same weekend on the Saturday, and we would love to see you all there!
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189572

Otherwise, more updates here once the picture is clear - good luck to everyone going to the final events over the next month!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Oct 18 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #27

UPDATE TIME!!!

The field is really starting to be set - the Auto-invites are done, and there is TWO WEEKS Left until the First invitations are sent out.

However - the following 5 people get their auto-invites RIGHT NOW!

2016 Master - Jeff Traish
CanCon - Clint Richards
Briscon - Ken Ferris
ConVic - Evan Ferris
Castle Assault - Ken Dunford

Congrats to all of you for the result! you are all formally invited, and expected, to be present at Ipswich, QLD, first weekend of December.

In other movements, WITH A ROCKET - Dru has vaulted into the top 6! Great job Dru - you look pretty set for an invite at this point in time, congratulations - but you have to wait 2 weeks to be sure. Please PM me your email address Mr. Dru.
Nick Legrand, Chris Wilcox, you guys also look like a lock at this stage, I will contact you privately to start talking plans - clear that weekend NOW!

Positions 9-12 are currently: AG, Swordmaster, Adam Storey, and Matt Cro (Or Brocks, Glocks and Rocks or whatever he goes by these days). Start saving dates, and get your voodoo dolls out - because the last tourneys of the year, particularly the next MikeCon will have a huge bearing on what happens next.

By my count, Staks, MikeCro, and Blythy would vault up with a win in that event. Blythy is not signed up... but Staks and Mikecro - keep the first weekend of December in mind (but no pressure wink.gif ) when you roll some dice - you don't want poor AG coming up on his own do you?

Otherwise - good luck in these last 2 weeks - go read the masters pack, and start planning your lists!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarthSabre
post Oct 18 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 12,556

Watch out Mr Brock, Rocks and Glocks - coming for 12th spot at VoK4.....

and bringing this hat for you to wear.... you know you deserve it armata_PDT_02.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by DarthSabre: Oct 18 2017, 02:47 PM

--------------------
Twitter: Darth-Sabre@darth_michaelc
My Blog : Darth's Miniature Wargaming Adventures
+Quote Post
mattc
post Oct 22 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(DarthSabre @ Oct 18 2017, 02:40 PM) *

Watch out Mr Brock, Rocks and Glocks - coming for 12th spot at VoK4.....

and bringing this hat for you to wear.... you know you deserve it armata_PDT_02.gif

IPB Image

Get out of town hahaha
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Oct 31 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #30

Hi Everyone
The Final rankings of the year are in! Congratulations to all those who have Qualified.
Final end of year rankings are here -> http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/ranking...=5&season=2

The top 12 players have all been contacted with their invitations. Can the next three people, Peter Lee, Josh Angel and Ed Hamacek please shoot me an email or PM, so I can be in touch as soon as I know an invite has been declined, to give you as much notice as possible.

I'll be back to update you all once invitations have been accepted, to unveil the draw for round 1!
-Ken

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Nov 6 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #31

The FIELD IS SET is the 2017 KoW Australian Masters.

I'd firstly like to Congratulate the following players who were unable to make the weekend. Its a difficult thing to get a full weekend away from family at this time of year, its always hard to have all the horses able to attend. #5 Nick Legrand, an amazing year mate congratulations, #12 Matt Croger who knew Dwarves could do so well, and #13 Peter Lee, for a first year on the scene, an amazing performance mate congratulations as well.

For the rest of the field...

The final breakdown for Brisbane on the 3rd December sees a really diverse breakdown of players - 5QLD, 3NSW, 2ACT, 2VIC - really good stuff! and given the first round is seeded on the mirror match round, the first round draw is as follows, and MAN are there some amazing matchups here!!!

1. Clint Richards vs 12. Ed Hamacek
2. Jeff Traish vs 11. Josh Angel
3. Evan Ferris vs 10. Adam Storey
4. Ken Ferris vs 9. Pawel Sajewicz
5. Dru Moore vs 8. Andrew Goodman
6. Ken Dunford vs 7. Chris Wilcox

Army lists are due 17th November. Once they are up - I'll contact the bookies and put up my normal odds for all the punters out there.
Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS once again to all qualified players. Its now anyone's game. Good Luck, and let the smack talk begin (actually its already started over email, and its not pretty...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Nov 18 2017, 11:50 AM
Post #32

Army Lists are IN!!!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av8p-npci7M3gcJfepDP2XMYX3jXMw

I've been lucky enough to see them over the last 24 hours - so I'll let others comment first. But I think each list is great - no fat, but nothing dodgy either, all great tourney lists, each one trying to find an edge and a way to win.
Except Pawel smile.gif (although to be fair there are a couple of armies with way more deployments than his MSU!!!)

I'll jump in with a comment in a day or 2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Swordmaster
post Nov 18 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 12,525

Hi Ken,

My goal was to bring the same list as always so that people will underestimate me and assume I have already shown all my tricks on the battle reports biggrin.gif

Cheers!
+Quote Post
dkou
post Dec 4 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,440

Congrats to everyone involved!

--------------------
Sellick
A Direct Misfire podcast rambler

Direct Misfire Facebook
Direct Misfire Youtube
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 02:09 AM