Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SA 40k Masters - Which army do you want or not??, Whats your poison?
Whats your poison?
Which army would you MOST like to use?
Space Marines [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Space Wolves [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Blood Angels [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Grey Knights [ 9 ] ** [31.03%]
Chaos Space Marines [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Imperial Guard [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Dark Eldar [ 4 ] ** [13.79%]
Eldar [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Tyranids [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Orks [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Which army would you LEAST like to use?
Space Marines [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Space Wolves [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Blood Angels [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Grey Knights [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Chaos Space Marines [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Imperial Guard [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Dark Eldar [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Eldar [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Tyranids [ 12 ] ** [41.38%]
Orks [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Total Votes: 58
Guests cannot vote 
Buddha
post Nov 8 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #1

El Bandito

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 37

Howdy all,

As we did last year, I think it would be interesting to see what armies people would like to... and would not like to be playing with out of the SA 40k Masters army lists this year biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 9 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #2

El Bandito

Not alot of Ork love there!

Unfortunately they are 2 models off being able to have a pretty handy combo sad.gif
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Nov 9 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

Unfortunately they are 2 models off being able to have a pretty handy combo sad.gif

I was like "if there was something useful to do with those tankbusters it would be a really good ork army"

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 9 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #4

El Bandito

QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Nov 9 2011, 03:56 PM) *

I was like "if there was something useful to do with those tankbusters it would be a really good ork army"

Yep, if there were 12, you could actually put them in the Looted Wagon and then they become alot more useful.
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Nov 9 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #5

Authority Bared

The looted wagon is a boomgun one right? Don't they lose all transport capacity.

But yeah, I was like "oh yeah, tankbustas, that's a good skilltest unit" then I looked around for their transport and didn't find it. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 9 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #6

El Bandito

QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Nov 9 2011, 04:02 PM) *

The looted wagon is a boomgun one right? Don't they lose all transport capacity.

But yeah, I was like "oh yeah, tankbustas, that's a good skilltest unit" then I looked around for their transport and didn't find it. sad.gif

True, it does lose its capacity, forgot about that... they still could have jacked a Trukk at least tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Bane
post Nov 11 2011, 07:14 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 116

polls are showing grey knights are the clear favourite, while orks and nids are both armies to draw if the player wants the biggest challenge

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 11 2011, 07:53 AM
Post #8

El Bandito

Dark Eldar are interesting, 2 votes yay, 2 votes nay!
+Quote Post
Bane
post Nov 11 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #9

i think that says more about the nature of dark eldar than it does about the army list

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post
Eldar_Storm
post Nov 11 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,457

I voted against space marines, other codex's do anything marines can do, but they do it better. Im so sad that i own almost 6k points of vanilla marines and cant get over the fact that i think they suck!

I wanted to vote to use Dark angels, but they were not there sad.gif so i voted for IG instead because daemons were not there either.

I think in a comp environment, nids are a great army to use!

/end random ramblings from a non SA person! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
trigger happy
post Nov 11 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,458

when i see the voting it makes me wonder how many people actually know how to use nids. i have been playing GK a lot lately and apart from guard, nids are one of the biggest problem armies to deal with. when using eldar i would prefer to match up against guard than nids.
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Nov 11 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #12

Authority Bared

I don't know how to feel about the chaos list. On the one hand it's a list I've played a fair bit with and I know that it's resilient and has all the tools to do well. On the other hand it's the sort of list that doesn't do anything really well and has trouble dealing out the damage...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Nov 12 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #13

El Bandito

@ Fortis, yeah, I think its just solid. I wouldnt be upset if I drew it, but I wouldnt necessarily pick it as my preferred.

I think the Nids are being very underestimated as well... plenty of tricks in that book.
+Quote Post
Starfire
post Nov 12 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,286

Interesting.

To me, the tyranid list looks as though people have tried to make it a 3/5 list and taken soft choices despite the fact that a really good Tyranid list shouldn't get much below that to begin with.

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
neil
post Nov 12 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #15

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE(trigger happy @ Nov 11 2011, 07:53 PM) *

when i see the voting it makes me wonder how many people actually know how to use nids. i have been playing GK a lot lately and apart from guard, nids are one of the biggest problem armies to deal with. when using eldar i would prefer to match up against guard than nids.

I definitely don't know how to use Nids, which is why i said i'd least like to use them.

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
Angmar
post Nov 12 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 239

I'm starting to think that grey knights will smash faces and take it out. My preferred army, space wolves, will probably end up in the bottom half.
+Quote Post
Starfire
post Nov 12 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,286

The Blood Angels list is a pretty weak vanilla Space Marines army with a priest tacked on. It doesn't play to the strengths of the codex in any way.

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
quin
post Nov 13 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,087

I am very grateful that I got a chance too attend next weekend, and regardless of what army I draw will still win smile.gif

The soft stuff out of the way, maybe next year have the lists created a month beforehand then ask for the models? I understand some lists are restricted by what people had, but it in turn has lead too some very odd lists.

BA - Like Starfire said, apart from the priest where is the Blood Angels in the list? Devastators, Tac Marines, whirlwind! the WW in particular is a deliberate concession that just didn't need to be done. 3rd - 6th

CSM - I like this list, it will stand its ground and has an answer too everything with 5 oblits and a defiler. Is a potential winner 2nd - 5th

DE - 2x FNP units (21 man blob with FNP anyone) 6 vehicles, 9 Dark lances, dakka, strengh in CC, strengh in shooting. And throw in a rude MC for if one of the above fails. This is a very good tuned list should top 3 1st - 3rd

Eldar - A few choices taken to not utilize MSU, because of this I see that falcon being #1 priority, if it goes in turns 1 or 2, the Eldar will be a midfield finisher. 7th-3rd

GK - What needs to be said, get this list and dont finish in top 3 if not first you are very unfamiliar with the codex. 2x dreads too stick in each corner is the main power here and the GM giving most likely 2 extra scoring units in objectives. All lists should have been checked against this before finalizing. 1st - 1st - 2nd

IG - This is a nice list, it has been toned back beautifully. We ask for no WAAC or overly soft and this has it, the threats are their, but they wont deliver on a silver platter you must work for them too be effective. 1st - 4th

Bugs - toxin sacs on gargoyles, shirkes, tervigon but not the damn stealers!!!!!! maybe instead add a broodlord to make that unit a touch more scary. The idea behind this is too pop any armour they have then use the tyrant too be the support monster he is, problem is that all the lists can deal with him effectively.
Lash whips on the shrikes would have been awesome as well. this army cannot assault into cover. has no way to prevent the losses incurred when hitting at I1. Dakka is nice, plenty of anti troop, make sure you get into the sweet spot of 12-18" and this army stands a chance. 10th - 5th

Orks - Damage will win with this smile.gif Orks are solid enough, I dislike the Shock Attack Gun + Looted Wagon, Boom Gun in the same list as a concession though. 7th - 3rd

SW - Definitely toned back, list has no libby which is awesome for everyone else smile.gif It has an answer for everything and has prob the best Hammer unit of all the lists (maybe after the DE) 1st - 4th

SM - Looks like a normal list and has telion giving it an edge. not space wolves but the termies do present a good hammer that no one army can reliable put 4+ AP2/1 shots into them in a single unit shooting. 1st -6th

These are my opinions only, I am in no way trying to be rude too those chaps who took the time too write these lists.

This post has been edited by quin: Nov 13 2011, 01:37 AM

--------------------
I am not a god, BUT, the creator DEVOURER of god's!

-----------------------------------------
2012 - Complete my space vampires in razorbacks
-----------------------------------------

“The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake” (Savielly Tartakover)
+Quote Post
CAPT DAMAGE
post Nov 14 2011, 06:30 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 5,340

Iam back baby!!!!! armata_PDT_37.gif

That Ork list is Awesome.

How do i vote more than once???

--------------------
Get Drunk, Get Lost, Have a Great Time
+Quote Post
Bane
post Nov 14 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #20

3 votes for people who want to use tyranids now?

This poll just lost all credibility

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 12:49 PM