Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rebecca leaves The Blind Pig., So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Mick81
post Mar 19 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 14,121

QUOTE(Hapless Peon @ Mar 19 2014, 08:23 PM) *

Sam I read that whole thread and if you honestly think you are blameless in this situation then you really need to remove your head from your ###.

You have come across as rude, condescending and demanding. When alternatives and solutions were offered you flippantly dismissed them and brought up other things.

You say that you have respect for Bec yet your posts were anything but respectful and many of the issues you mentioned could have been resolved at the time by actually talking to the people involved.

It's also not the first time you have stirred up trouble with people who work hard to try and provide us opportunities to further our hobby. You can't behave like this then step back and go, "woah settle down everyone."

Perhaps you need to take a second look at how you come across in many of your posts and take a bit of responsibility yourself.

Nicely put Hapless Peon. armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
[url=http:// https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxkc0OKECTH...sp=docslist_api]BLIND PIG Dreadball League Season 1 Rules[/url]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wombats
post Mar 19 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,420

QUOTE(Hapless Peon @ Mar 19 2014, 08:23 PM) *
Sam I read that whole thread and if you honestly think you are blameless in this situation then you really need to remove your head from your ###.

Fair call.

You have come across as rude, condescending and demanding. When alternatives and solutions were offered you flippantly dismissed them and brought up other things.

Yeah. That is a thread about setting up a tournament. We already have 3 players in the what are you playing thread talking about Kings.

When Neal asked for tournament support to get people to drive to a new venue and pay money he got people telling him to post in the what are you playing thread.

You say that you have respect for Bec yet your posts were anything but respectful and many of the issues you mentioned could have been resolved at the time by actually talking to the people involved.

When the last conversation is ###### OFF, it closes doors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zenithfleet
post Mar 19 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,488

Let me preface this by saying: I'm a relative Pig newbie. I don't know Bec well, and I don't know Wombats at all to my knowledge, though we may have met at the club. I'm not aware of any previous incidents, altercations or kerfuffles.

I wandered in to the BP forum last night, looking forward to this weekend's meet. I saw Bec's post, and followed it to the Kings of War tournament thread that Wombats also refers to. And was appalled.

Wombats, I don't see any of the 'taunting' that you refer to in that thread.

Instead I see:

1. Neal asking about venues for a KoW tournament, proposing the Pig as an option for people to consider, and mentioning that space at the Dreadball tourney seemed a bit tight.

2. AncientOne responding that space was not, in fact, tight at the Dreadball tourney; that there will probably be more space at the BP than at a shop; and that Neal should let Bec or Paul know his KoW tournament requirements.

Up to this point the discussion was entirely about a tournament. The BP forum has always made it very clear (even to a newbie idiot like me) that tournaments need to be prepared well in advance, since they require a lot of tables.

However, you (Wombats) then jumped in at post no. 10 to air an off-topic grievance - that there aren't enough Fantasy tables out at the Pig each week.

This derailed the thread and led to shennanigans.

If anyone else who reads that thread believes that something different happened, please let me know so I can readjust my reality sensors accordingly.

Other than that:

Bec, I've never been to any games club before the Pig, so I have no basis for comparison - but I always look forward to going. I've been consistently impressed by the ridiculous amount of time and effort that you and others put into it. (Not to mention the instant offer of help with personal terrain projects.)

I'm also aware that you've been wanting a break (temporary or permanent) for quite a while now.

I'm sorry that you were pushed over the edge yesterday, and hope that you'll reconsider. If not now, then in a few weeks or months after you've had time to clear the air.

--------------------
Modelling diary: Zen's Occasionally Hyperventilated Blog
Current projects: Epic 40,000 and 28mm stuff
+Quote Post
Wombats
post Mar 19 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #24

However, you (Wombats) then jumped in at post no. 10 to air an off-topic grievance - that there aren't enough Fantasy tables out at the Pig each week.

Because the last time I took up Bec's suggestion of setting a Fantasy table set up she shouted at me and told me not to.

That table wasn't used that day.

Makes it pretty rich to have her tell me in that thread that I can just grab one off the trailer any time.

There is something about screaming at someone to ###### OFF in public that breaks down communication.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Forik
post Mar 19 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #25

The radnomancer

Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE(Wombats @ Mar 19 2014, 11:09 PM) *

Because the last time I took up Bec's suggestion of setting a Fantasy table set up she shouted at me and told me not to.

That table wasn't used that day.

Makes it pretty rich to have her tell me in that thread that I can just grab one off the trailer any time.

There is something about screaming at someone to ###### OFF in public that breaks down communication.

i think its about time that everybody walked away from this subject and got back onto the topic of bec leaving, not what wombats saying in another thread. maybe, at least back off a bit guys please.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
Wombats
post Mar 19 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #26

We've mostly all been slobs (with notable exceptions) for years while a nurse who works night shifts gives her Friday night and Saturday sleep-ins to do stuff for us.

We could possibly organise something nice for her, like a present.

We could also look at sharing the set up workload more.
And somewhere to store the terrain.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Mar 20 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 446

Have a good holiday doing stuff you like BP.

The rest of you start helping. Many hands make light work.

Wombats strikes again. How many times does it have to strike before you examine your behaviour.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Ronin
post Mar 20 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 2,512

QUOTE(Forik @ Mar 19 2014, 10:12 PM) *

i think its about time that everybody walked away from this subject and got back onto the topic of bec leaving, not what wombats saying in another thread. maybe, at least back off a bit guys please.

You live in melbourne dude.... Why are you even in this part of the forum?? Getting THAT bored without trolling gotham??

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Mar 20 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #29

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

You live in melbourne dude.... Why are you even in this part of the forum?? Getting THAT bored without trolling gotham??

I agree with Ronin.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
Æon
post Mar 20 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #30

Edition Change Skeptic

Member No.: 222

QUOTE(Zenithfleet @ Mar 19 2014, 10:59 PM) *

Bec, I've never been to any games club before the Pig, so I have no basis for comparison - but I always look forward to going. I've been consistently impressed by the ridiculous amount of time and effort that you and others put into it. (Not to mention the instant offer of help with personal terrain projects.)

I have been to quite a few different clubs in my day (in a hobby spanning 23yrs... man I feel old) and the Blind Pig is up in my top 3 (along with the ANU Wargaming Club in Canberra & Hampton Games Club in Melbourne.)

The variety of games and people who attended when I was there made it a great place and get a game or just hang around and chat.

Sad to see Bec go, and to be honest I was surprised she has stuck around for so long due to the amount of work she put in (I would have burnt out ages ago!)

--------------------

"Hail ĆON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
+Quote Post
RandomAbuse
post Mar 20 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #31

Do or do not
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 6,895

Seeing as this is the subforum for members of the Blind Pig, how about non members butt out and let the club sort things out thanks. Any issues can be reported to the mod team in the usual manner.

--------------------
QUOTE(rogal_dorn @ Dec 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
You may think this will fix it Dent, but I'll put my faith in Batforik.

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jun 12 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Pick up RandomAbuse.

(man, I should use a different phrase for that)
+Quote Post
Heble
post Mar 20 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran I
Member No.: 2,311

Settle down and stay on topic please. Or I will close this thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Brother_Tycho
post Mar 20 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #33

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,396

This discussion certainly has generated a lot of passion and a not-inconsiderable-level of debate from numerous quarters, and all in the space of a few days. For what it's worth, I'll add my own contribution and everyone can make what they like of it.

As someone who often plays in a 'weird' scale (i.e. not 28mm), my table and terrain requirements often fall outside the norm - I cannot usually, for example, rock-up and use a generic fantasy table for my WFB, 40K, KoW or Warmahordes game. Indeed, I am usually one of those annoying types who request a space faring table, complete with planets & asteroids, or a table where 6mm scale or smaller is the norm, thus necessitating appropriately sized hills and other features. In light of all that, I have never found myself wanting in terms of a table or terrain, usually because Bec is aware of my needs in advance, and if I want something different, I am usually able to provide her with my requests with enough warning to ensure those requests are met. All in all, super simple stuff, and above all it comes with recognition from me that:

1/. This terrain is not mine, and that someone else has generously agreed to not only make but also transport said terrain to a convenient venue on my behalf;

2/. Consequently, it behoves me to respect the efforts of this person by giving them adequate warning of my preferred table, as well as denying me any right to whinge should I fail to do so, or if that person's real-life concerns manage to disrupt this process. Also, at the end of the day, I also understand that if I am not satisfied with the overall organisation and conduct of the club, I know where the door is.

So, with these cardinal rules of conduct in mind, I, like many other gamers, have found the set-up at the Piggy to be of a regularly superb standard - I still remember the first Piggy I attended back in 2008, and how the lay-outs on the table had me convinced that a tournament was in full-swing and that, as a result, the club's "finest China" collection of terrain had been dragged-out to celebrate the event - you can imagine my delight when I realised that I was seeing was the norm, and as such I could expect to encounter such an awesome set-up, combined with cooked lunch, every two weeks. This is the reason why I chose to remain a regular attendee at the Piggy, not to mention the great collection of human beings also to be found there, both players and organisers/cooks alike.

However, I know that Bec has been feeling the strain of running this fine establishment for some time, and when it comes down to it, if the fun and spark has gone for her, then it's time to hang-up the cook's apron. How the club will survive from here will ultimately be up to all of us, and while it is sad that a recent flurry of WAU posts have prompted her departure sooner rather than later, I for one understand her decision.

So, Bec, I think it's more than fair to say you have earned our thanks and gratitude many, many times over, and I for one am extremely grateful for your efforts in being the driving-force behind the best wargaming club I have ever had the pleasure of attending. It is a shame that a few ill-conceived, poorly-worded and generally disrespectful comments from those who lack the insight to understand the error of their ways have finally forced your hand.

Enjoy your break from trying to keep us in line, but by all means don't be a stranger, as I am sure you will always find someone to laugh with should you drop-by. armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, brains save both" - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
+Quote Post
dubhgilla1
post Mar 20 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 8,619

QUOTE(Wombats @ Mar 19 2014, 10:21 PM) *

We could possibly organise something nice for her, like a present.

We could also look at sharing the set up workload more.
And somewhere to store the terrain.

I think its gone past that.

If you had any common decency you would remove your presence from the club for the foreseeable future. I doubt you will get much of a welcome after this.

Its my daughters first birthday Saturday so I can't be there. If there is anything I can help with I will. I find it hard to think of the BP without Bec.

PS happy birthday to Bec, its her 21st tomorrow.

This post has been edited by dubhgilla1: Mar 20 2014, 11:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ronin
post Mar 21 2014, 07:06 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,512

Happy bday Bec!!

How would you like it if the next pig had a daiquiri machine?? Perfect for a 21st!!

We can arrange that easily if you like smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 07:50 PM