Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CANCON 2018 - NetEpic Armageddon, Putting the FUN back into CAN'FUN'CON....! LIsts published
Norto
post Jan 28 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #81

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,414

Thanks Kenny for the great tournament.

Well done to the winners. (Going to cancon makes evenyones a winner).

A great fun week end.

Cheers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jan 28 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 5,112

Agreed, thanks Kenny.

I had a great time, and thank both Gork and Mork that I did not come in the bottom 1/3 for my 6th tournament.

I hope to see everyone at Castle Assault, and at MOAB later in the year.

armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Sian-Hann Eldar, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades and White Scars. Most of them over 8000 points each.

120,000 points of 40K, mostly Chaos Marine and Cultist. Sisters of Perfection (Slaaneshi Sisters), Orks mainly Kult of Speed, Dark Eldar, Sisters of Silence, Adeptus Custodes, 30K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites.

Warzone Resurrection - Bauhaus, Imperial (MOW and WolfBane), Mishima, Capitol, and Brotherhood all over 8000 points each.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Ottomans, French, Russians, Mercenaries.
+Quote Post
JumpingJehovah
post Jan 28 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 53

Thanks guys, glad you had some fun!

Full results can be found here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzfEQkSIp...SVdqUlE3WjVBcDQ

- Kendall
+Quote Post
goatheadedbastard
post Jan 29 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 10,226

Hi kids!

I was one of those crazy big-toy players (Bolt Action) from next door to your mob at Cancon... I'm the beardy old bloke who is looking to collect Orks in the coming months...

Compliments to all for the great looking tables and great looking armies, absolutely inspirational to a former Epic player who will definitely be playing again... great looking toys, and thanks especially for being patient enough to put up with a few questions in the midst of a game.

Cheers

Chris

--------------------
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
(H. L. Mencken)
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jan 29 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 5,112

Chris, where do you herald from?

I know there are people in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Perth who actively play Epic on a regular basis.

I know there will be plenty of folks ready to invite you to their monthly, or similar regular gaming club meetings.

As for myself, I am in Campbelltown NSW. There are a few of here, Chris who ran the Knight list last weekend, Dave who sometimes turns up, Dan and a couple of others. We meet on the second Sunday of each month. I can give directions to the Hall of Heroes if needed.

Others in Newcastle meet once a month as well - last Sunday of Month at the Legions Club. Melbourne has a new group who meet at House of War. Canberra will have their own group. Glad to hear we have inspired new blood into the fold.

This post has been edited by Deb: Jan 29 2018, 08:08 PM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Sian-Hann Eldar, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades and White Scars. Most of them over 8000 points each.

120,000 points of 40K, mostly Chaos Marine and Cultist. Sisters of Perfection (Slaaneshi Sisters), Orks mainly Kult of Speed, Dark Eldar, Sisters of Silence, Adeptus Custodes, 30K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites.

Warzone Resurrection - Bauhaus, Imperial (MOW and WolfBane), Mishima, Capitol, and Brotherhood all over 8000 points each.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Ottomans, French, Russians, Mercenaries.
+Quote Post
JumpingJehovah
post Jan 30 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 53

Hey everyone, thought I'd better post up some "TO's thoughts..."

The Atmosphere -
Happy to say that the tourney went off without a hitch, 25 players showed for both days and 6 games (3/day) were played - we even had a good showing for dinner at Dickson Tradies for the traditional dinner on the Friday night.

The Lists -
There was a good cross-section of armies and players of differing experience. I hope a few of the newer players learnt a thing or two from the grizzled veterans of the Epic scene.
We pretty much let any list in this year (Approved, Developmental or experimental) with list design tempered by our local Don't Be a Dick rule seeing 2 lists rejected due to being a little too competitive when compared to other lists in the tourney.
I think this worked really well, with positive feedback from most players about their opponents armies. Happy to continue this for next year, and hopefully with the results from these games, their list may advance.

The Scoring -
With the Results the place getters were:
Tourney Champ - Mic Fair (Legio Gryphonicus)
Destroyer (Killed most stuff) - Steve Gibb (Necrons)
Best Painted - Brent Craske (Tyranids)
Wooden Spooner - Max Vasey (Gargant Mob)
Best Newcomer - Ben Agnew (Feral Orks)

Regarding the placings - congratulations to all place getters and everyone who participated - Mic Fair won his 2nd CANCON in a row!
Prize Support -
Prize support this year was phenomenal.
Onslaught Miniatures (www.onslaughtmini.com) Fantastic 6 and 10mm miniatures;
Shogun Miniatures (www.shogunminiatures.com) Metal and Magnetic basing for your armies;
Wasteland Game Studio (www.wastelandgamestudio.com) Superb resin buildings for 6mm wargaming in the GrimDark style;
Battlefield Accessories (www.battlefieldaccessories.com.au) Aussie company supplying everything from buildings to their new Halo desk light system (BIG FAN).
Our sponsors supplied us with such a glut of prizes that I was able to supply 1 to every participant and I encourage everyone reading this report to jump onto their pages and throw some money and/or kudos their way.

Full results can be found here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzfEQkSIp...SVdqUlE3WjVBcDQ (these results will soon be updated, moving Zac Manning to 3rd position...fat finger inputting results...).

Love to hear feedback on the tourney.

Cheers
Kendall

This post has been edited by JumpingJehovah: Jan 31 2018, 07:34 AM
+Quote Post
goatheadedbastard
post Jan 30 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 10,226

QUOTE(Deb @ Jan 29 2018, 06:44 PM) *

Chris, where do you herald from?

I'm in Canberra, happy to spend some time gathering forces for a local Waaagh! smile.gif

once I'm vaguely organized I'll hit up some of the local troublemakers for a game...

--------------------
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
(H. L. Mencken)
+Quote Post
Norto
post Jan 30 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 13,414

Great tourny Kenny!!!!!!

I do like your idea of WLD then Battle points then Victory points for placings.

Also just a thought from me. Maybe a cap on how much you can win game 1. Its great to pair up some newer guys with experienced players to help them learn the rules and tricks to try for the rest of the tournament. But im not sure if tabling is the way to go.

Thanks again Kenny.
Will be back next year!!!!
+Quote Post
Gunslinger9
post Jan 30 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #89

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,354

QUOTE(Norto @ Jan 30 2018, 06:38 PM) *

Also just a thought from me. Maybe a cap on how much you can win game 1. Its great to pair up some newer guys with experienced players to help them learn the rules and tricks to try for the rest of the tournament. But im not sure if tabling is the way to go.

I think the future lies in TOs teaming up roughly equal players, but putting them on a table right next to a pair of newcomers. My last game at CANCON was with Jim, and we had a couple of newcomers next to us. We didn't interfere in their game but were right there whenever they had a rules question.

It was great to help them out but not feel like I was personally invested in the game. After the game we all had a long discussion about tactics, ploys and gambits which was cool too.

Food for thought....

oh yes - and sweet tourney Kenny! Well done!

Regards

Harry

This post has been edited by Gunslinger9: Jan 30 2018, 09:42 PM
+Quote Post
Golden_monkey
post Feb 1 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 136

Cancon Write up for anyone interested

https://d6addiction.blogspot.com.au/2018/01...2018-after.html

This post has been edited by Golden_monkey: Feb 1 2018, 06:00 PM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 03:35 AM