Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> interested but where, what times & do you simply rock up?
CJ
post Oct 2 2015, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 227

I posted on the 'game-finder' forum; pretty much if you attended a Terracon pre-2011 I was there (enjoy a good game and beerhammers, done a conquest, arc and won the first ever 'cannonball cup' SA vs Vic., did whfb tourney in melb in '05, former president of southern wargamers in Adelaide, ran quite a few hammers tournaments)

Blood bowl league sounds cool and the rest sounds interesting. I've had a look around this forum and have a few queries -

Q1: when to when on Saturday's?

Q2: ordinarily do you have to pre-arrange games? Like if I rock up I'll get a game instead of standing around bored & not getting a game because everyone pre-arranged all their games (it is so bad in Perth it really put me off the club scene)?

Q3: how much?

Q4: is there a club rule of fully painted? I have painted armies and can paint but not all my armies are painted.

Q5: (other then bloodbowl) what gaming systems were played over the last couple of weeks to get idea? (I play pretty much most things)

This post has been edited by CJ: Oct 2 2015, 09:39 AM

--------------------
Wargamerwho?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hoodling
post Oct 2 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,251

A1: Midday to 6pm on Saturdays

A2: Lots of people do pre-arrange games, but certainly not everyone. Your odds of getting a game on the day will generally depend on who is there and what game you're looking to play.

A3: The cost recently went up to $7.50 per session, after staying the same price for the better part of a decade. Oh well, I guess we had a good run.

A4: There are no rules about fully painted. You get people varying from fully painted to not painted at all.

A5: There have not been games of Blood Bowl at the club for a while. It's one of those things where people go "we should play it again!" and then nothing happens. Like BFG and Mordheim...

In the last couple of weeks there were games of Infinity, Kings of War, Warmachine, Magic and X-Wing. There are sometimes games of Malifaux and 40K.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions for now. The club is open tomorrow as per normal (despite the AFL grand final).

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ
post Oct 2 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 227

I'm road tripping from Perth as of the 12th so won't be popping in until late October or November. Also I like AFL.

This post has been edited by CJ: Oct 2 2015, 08:21 PM

--------------------
Wargamerwho?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 07:50 PM