Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attention members
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 1 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #21

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

QUOTE(insaniak @ Jan 1 2015, 09:53 PM) *

No, it won't. Because the problem isn't just the behaviour of the trolls. It's as much about the behaviour of everyone else as well. Moderation needs to be fair and consistent in order to work. Just applying that moderation to those 'problem' people doesn't do anything to correct the general miasma of jerkiness that seems to hover over the boards these days.

Treating 'stupid' questions with scorn doesn't encourage people to engage with the community... even if that 'stupid' question is asked by someone who continually asks similar questions. Newcomers to the board don't see the history behind what's going on... they just see someone asking a question and being ridiculed for it.

+1

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Forik
post Jan 1 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #22

The radnomancer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,537

I think that maybe this forum needs to take a breather, reassess itself. people need to be calm and not hound others into the ground over the smallest of mistakes. i'm now only here for the modelling diaries, but i can see every so often dog piling.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 1 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #23

This post has been edited by jimjimjimmyjim: Jan 1 2015, 11:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
handmadebuffalo
post Jan 2 2015, 09:14 PM
Post #24

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,173

wow, some sense coming from my seeming ramblings. I respect you bros and honestly I am way more involved in 40k in Aus and it's promotion then you all know. Just read my post, it is an impartial view on what happens here from a visitors perspective.

*glad to see I was flamed next post. Hats off to JJJJ for applying logic

This post has been edited by handmadebuffalo: Jan 2 2015, 09:20 PM
+Quote Post
WitchFinderGeneral
post Jan 2 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 182

LOL you think that's a flame? Haven't been here long obviously.

As far as the comments made before your edit, remember that this is the internet, where any keyboard warrior can be a black belt in jujitsu, for realz bro. The commonly accepted manner for judging the worth of a post is to weight it according to the length of the time the poster has been around, and how often they engage with the community. Given the decade I've been on this version of the board alone, plus the two previous iterations, excuse me if I see someone who's been here for two weeks by the metric I can measure giving an opinion of the board that seems a little hasty.

Goddamnit I must be serizzle bizzle about this thread, I haven't felt an urge to post a meme pic yet..............

--------------------
Knights of Purity and Valour - Kill 'em all, let the Emperor sort it out!
Yes, I reply to a lot of threads with images. That's because your posts are crap, and don't deserve anything more than a cursory Google image search.
QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Apr 28 2009, 03:49 PM) *
Your e-peen just made me lolgasm.
QUOTE('Tilaurin on the subject of my brain')
Tilaurin--"And with any luck a pair of braincells"
Me--"Nah, just the one, but he's a mad hardcore survivor type, you know?"
Tilaurin--"A teeny tiny John McClane, crawling through the broken shards of glass that is your mind?"

QUOTE(Demon @ Dec 22 2014, 02:26 PM) *
in reality I'm a fair ######
+Quote Post
handmadebuffalo
post Jan 2 2015, 09:49 PM
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,173

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jan 2 2015, 10:41 PM) *

As far as the comments made before your edit, remember that this is the internet, where any keyboard warrior can be a black belt in jujitsu, for realz bro. The commonly accepted manner for judging the worth of a post is to weight it according to the length of the time the poster has been around, and how often they engage with the community. Given the decade I've been on this version of the board alone, plus the two previous iterations, excuse me if I see someone who's been here for two weeks by the metric I can measure giving an opinion of the board that seems a little hasty.

Goddamnit I must be serizzle bizzle about this thread, I haven't felt an urge to post a meme pic yet..............

Not here to flame brother, I made a misguided talk before correcting myself, which you saw.

I will call a ###### a ###### and don't care who knows it. That was not my intention though smile.gif

Talkin about keyboard warriors, my name is Andrew Marshall, so wear that. I don't want to piss and moan but this site is full o ######s who are ruining it. Embrace your identity and don't blame me. I'm simply an occasional visitor who has had a few usernames after having new email addresses etc.

You gents have been talkin #### for a while, by your logic that makes you more pertinent.. Strange logic IMO
+Quote Post
off-ten-wong
post Jan 2 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 16,102

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jan 2 2015, 07:41 PM) *
"The commonly accepted manner for judging the worth of a post is to weight it according to the length of the time the poster has been around.."

huh.gif
Seems wrong.
+Quote Post
Demon
post Jan 2 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #28

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 218

QUOTE(handmadebuffalo @ Jan 2 2015, 09:49 PM) *

Not here to flame brother, I made a misguided talk before correcting myself, which you saw.

I will call a ###### a ###### and don't care who knows it. That was not my intention though smile.gif

Talkin about keyboard warriors, my name is Andrew Marshall, so wear that. I don't want to piss and moan but this site is full o ######s who are ruining it. Embrace your identity and don't blame me. I'm simply an occasional visitor who has had a few usernames after having new email addresses etc.

You gents have been talkin #### for a while, by your logic that makes you more pertinent.. Strange logic IMO

So we don't know you in real life and we should ignore your online accounts history and your online manner and the fact that by your own admission you have very little to do with this site, but at the same time take on board your opinion that this site is full of ######s? Cheers bro.

All WFG really said is that youre either an alternative account for someone, or someone who hasnt been around much and so cheers for the opinion. Youve just said youre not around much.

Kind of lost as to why this particular thread needs to be derailed any further.

This post has been edited by Demon: Jan 2 2015, 10:03 PM

--------------------
MAY YOUR FOREHEAD GROW LIKE THE MIGHTY OAK

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. - T Pratchett

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Being a little bitch is in my genes apparently.
+Quote Post
Demon
post Jan 2 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #29

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

QUOTE(off-ten-wong @ Jan 2 2015, 09:54 PM) *

huh.gif
Seems wrong.

You left out the bit after the 'and'. When quoting someone that's kind of important.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RandomAbuse
post Jan 2 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #30

Do or do not
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 6,895

Yeah let's keep it polite and try to be constructive please people.

--------------------
QUOTE(rogal_dorn @ Dec 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
You may think this will fix it Dent, but I'll put my faith in Batforik.

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jun 12 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Pick up RandomAbuse.

(man, I should use a different phrase for that)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
off-ten-wong
post Jan 2 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #31

I haven't been around long. It's sad to think an opinion doesn't count for much when you're new but I've come to realise this is the case. I would have hoped a person's comments would have been judge on the strength of their arguement or the relevance of their statement and not on the date they joined. But I guess that's just the nature of group dynamics.

I included the double dots at the end of the quote to indicate there is more to the sentence than was quoted. I wrote the quote that way because it gave me a chance to quote part of the sentence in isolation, not to take it out of context, I just didn't I feel that the second part applied to me. The fact that I have posted a lot in my short time here makes me feel like a participant here and I enjoy being part of the forum. But I feel like the part of the sentence I quoted did apply to me.

Like I said before, I guess that's just typical group dynamics playing out. Still it's not a easy to have what you say dismissed until someone with a greater post count confirms what you've said.

/Rant.

This post has been edited by off-ten-wong: Jan 2 2015, 10:52 PM
+Quote Post
Demon
post Jan 2 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #32

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

The second part of the sentence, the bit you've discounted because you feel it doesnt apply to you, is the bit that gives the sentence context and includes you. Its the bit about joining in and putting something into the community.

So you kind of need to not chop up peoples sentences and pay attention only the tge bits that prove your argu

Sorry.
Forgot which subforum I'm in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogal_dorn
post Jan 2 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #33

Discombobulate's 2IC

Member No.: 66

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jan 2 2015, 09:41 PM) *

Cool ya jets there newbie. Bloody hundreders thinking they run the place, don't make me get GT in here.

QUOTE(off-ten-wong @ Jan 2 2015, 10:50 PM) *
I haven't been around long.
/Rant.

Side note, you actually joined one day before the tenth anniversary.

This post has been edited by rogal_dorn: Jan 2 2015, 11:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
off-ten-wong
post Jan 2 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(Demon @ Jan 2 2015, 09:02 PM) *

So you kind of need to not chop up peoples sentences and pay attention only the tge bits that prove your argu

Sorry.
Forgot which subforum I'm in.

armata_PDT_14.gif ^^^ this guy ^^^ armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post
Forik
post Jan 3 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #35

The radnomancer

Member No.: 5,537

can we lock this yet please? its getting a little heated guys.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
rogal_dorn
post Jan 3 2015, 12:30 AM
Post #36

Discombobulate's 2IC

Member No.: 66

QUOTE(Forik @ Jan 3 2015, 12:24 AM) *
its getting a little heated guys.

Feeling hot? Why not slip into something a bit more comfortable?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mango
post Jan 3 2015, 12:59 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 84

QUOTE(rogal_dorn @ Jan 2 2015, 11:10 PM) *

Cool ya jets there newbie. Bloody hundreders thinking they run the place, don't make me get GT in here.

Even though it is said in jest many forums experience this sort of attitude of the new guy doesnt know jack and because i have been here for x years and was here for the 15 websites that came before that somehow imbibes someone with holy knowledge and shoukd be viewed with sacred reverance.

Just because some is new to a forum doesnt mean that they are new to a topic and nor does it mean they havent participated in the community or c8ntributed to the community, it just means they havent done so on that particular forum
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 3 2015, 06:08 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jan 2 2015, 10:41 PM) *

Dude!

Flame or not - dude!

I wouldn't care if they had one post and nor should you, everyone is invited to play war dollies and roll dice at the table, their opinions should mean nothing less of anyone else's.

Dude!

QUOTE(Demon @ Jan 2 2015, 11:00 PM) *

So we don't know you in real life and we should ignore your online accounts history and your online manner and the fact that by your own admission you have very little to do with this site, but at the same time take on board your opinion that this site is full of ######s? Cheers bro.

All WFG really said is that youre either an alternative account for someone, or someone who hasnt been around much and so cheers for the opinion. Youve just said youre not around much.

Kind of lost as to why this particular thread needs to be derailed any further.

There's no derailing here at all demon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 3 2015, 06:14 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(off-ten-wong @ Jan 2 2015, 11:50 PM) *

I haven't been around long. It's sad to think an opinion doesn't count for much when you're new but I've come to realise this is the case. I would have hoped a person's comments would have been judge on the strength of their arguement or the relevance of their statement and not on the date they joined. But I guess that's just the nature of group dynamics.

I included the double dots at the end of the quote to indicate there is more to the sentence than was quoted. I wrote the quote that way because it gave me a chance to quote part of the sentence in isolation, not to take it out of context, I just didn't I feel that the second part applied to me. The fact that I have posted a lot in my short time here makes me feel like a participant here and I enjoy being part of the forum. But I feel like the part of the sentence I quoted did apply to me.

Like I said before, I guess that's just typical group dynamics playing out. Still it's not a easy to have what you say dismissed until someone with a greater post count confirms what you've said.

/Rant.

Yeah mate its only a handful a bum-hats that feel they own the internet on WAU, you should feel as much freedom as everyone else on here to post.

Ignore the haters, trolls, and general not nice-guys. There are people on here that genuinely only want to welcome and build the community both on and offline.

I for one welcome your comments, and have so far values your input.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chevynova
post Jan 3 2015, 06:47 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 5,626

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Jan 3 2015, 06:14 AM) *

Yeah mate its only a handful a bum-hats that feel they own the internet on WAU, you should feel as much freedom as everyone else on here to post.

Ignore the haters, trolls, and general not nice-guys. There are people on here that genuinely only want to welcome and build the community both on and offline.

I for one welcome your comments, and have so far values your input.

If by "bum-hats that feel they own the Internet" are you referring to people who both don't know the rules very well or have current access to them, continually providing incorrect information in rules queries, and then arguing that incorrect position against people who do have correct information?

Because those people should have been perma-banned a month after raising their heads and causing all these problems in the first place.

--------------------
Hello, my name is Glenn Blair.

Ashamedly having Force Z results count towards my ranking since 2013
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 06:34 PM