> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Oct 29 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #641

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 370 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Thyra1(FM) - Rnd2 Oktoberkrieg2
Spread the Net

Alrighty, round 2! Into the branches of Whitlam's number 11.

It's some churchy bois, with Thyra and a super interesting Reznick2 with battle Engines thing. Was enver going to see the latter though, dropping that list when Arkadius is in play is the height of madness (Huge bases with minimal screening? Don't mind if I do!).

If Rask was in the pairing he'd be the drop, once again though I'm not yet in the fluffier bracket so down went the tried and tested.

Spread the Net, lost the roll and got second turn, mildly annoying as the board will be flooded by the opposing double Idrians. Otherwise the Faithful Masses has a pair of jacks and a load of mounted solos, including a proxy for Hand of Silence.

There's a central forest, so Arkadius is happy for that regardless. I take the side with an obstruction on the right side, given I can ghostly it up pretty well and the Road Hog can potentially just sprint back through it which is sweet when the yo yo works out.

IPB Image
Round 1: The Idrians Prey different War Hogs, then proceed to (sigh) run up and spread around, so even the Battle Boar murder spree will be difficult this game.
Hand of Silence goes right up behind the central forest.

Minor ettiquette note: Allowed one takeback in the opening close out (Thyra Gate of Deathed at the end of the activation, which nominally would have ended the turn before anything else had really advanced. Aka the game becomes a non-contest.), after which we developed a clear "no more backsies" thing. Noteworthy to me because I've historically been bad at communicating this, so nice for that to be resolved without grief on either side, makes the games a lot easier to manage with ownership of errors. Opponent was super understanding of that position.

Thyra'sadding to opposing threat ranges is somewhat aggravating, makes it very hard to get good positions.
I end up opting for Arkadius to go up behind the forest and assemble FORT BACON around him. The Preyed War hogs run to opposing sides to make Prey irrelevant until they die, by which time hopefully the Idrians will be quite reduced.

Couple Razor Boars run out on either flank, ready to be throwaway contestors for the Menoth rectangle/flag.

Solos hang back, stealth up or go behind hte obstruction. Would be quite awful if the Idrians decided to move up and knock out all the support, just makes life hard.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: F)*&#^)#*ing Firefox crashed. Attempt #2.

Thrya moves up and feats, letting most of her boyos pop forward a bit. The Idrians, Champions of the Wall and Hand of Silence charge up, with about half the Idrians spreading out on the flanks.
On the left they manage to scrag one War Hog and badly hurt a Gorax, on the right they leave a War Hog on a couple of boxes.

Didn't really get a good Guardian Beast trigger so ended up just smacking a Champ for some points. ideally the Road Hog would have got a spray on the Idrians as they came in, alas is never lined up well, a lot of that do to models going base to base to ensure Arkadius didn't get unduly attacked.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Menoth have moved up reasonably effectively, hit pretty hard and spaced well to try to get the early score advantage by having models in the way to contest. Unfortunately Thyra's head honcho was out of practice, so at this point had 8 minutes left on the clock to my 55.

It'd be very easy to just move stuff around, contest/score a point on the flag and wait it out. However that would still give them a turn, and sometimes stuff happens and you lose without expecting. Thyra had Gates of Deathed into the Menoth Rectangle behind her special friends jack, well in range of a War Hog to get in on so Assassination is a better bet.

Razor Boars position around and kill some Idrians. left War Hog gets Forced Evo, Puppet Strings, Primalled and Ghostly. Idrans engaging the Goraz are blocking the way, so they get killed by the Road Hog spraying them down.

Feat pushes the War Hog forward after a Razor Boar feated attack kills the last Idrian blocking his charge lane to Thrya, boosts his first two attack rolls to hit and kills her with ease.

Two rounds down, things are looking alright. Accept for Banabus, that mofo is looking more and more unlikely to be a drop. Menoth soul shuffling to be a future headache to deal with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Oct 29 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #642

Game 371 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Wurmwood1(BoO) - Rnd3 Oktoberkrieg2
Epic Recon

Semi finals time! Top four is Circle Bones of Orboros, Menoth Thyra/Kreoss and Convergence Axis/Orion. None of the bugbears, so can just be Arkadius for daaaaays.

Scenario is Epic Recon as well, which is typically very good for a fast moving mostly battlegroup force with sufficient throwaway solos.

I get one of my locals that endured me on the journey, so this should be good. Facing a lot of Circle of late. It's Krueger/Wurmwood, he knows what I'm dropping and that the floating telekinesis man wants nothing to do with it, so it's Mad Doc vs sentient Tree (If it screams at a pitch to high for the human ear to hear when dying of thirst, does it think?).

I lose the roll for the third time, once again get given side. This is pretty good for me on this table though, one side is an open sort of killing field with some rubble that's not in the zone whereas I get a left side obstruction in the form of a windmill and a very well placed forest to hide behind.
There's also fog on my right and defensive water/trench stuff that isn't as relevant.

IPB Image
Round 1: Circle dash their stuff up, Sentry Stones units on either flank and heavies leaning toward to the right of centre. Wurmwood ports to be just shy of the Road Hog frenzying forward then charging in (I could get their with a frenzy attack not kill. Woot.). Their's a min unit of Farrow Bone Grinders that honourably fall on their own dirty blades to feed souls to the block of evil wood.

If the tree had no Fury I could run all the Warhogs into Frenzy Charge range. Primal them first, they all go in with one Cleaver attack plus a spray from the Roadie would be just shy of a 90% kill run. Alas, he was camping a couple and plonked a forest down the centre to make life difficult. A Mad Doc Pig flinger can dream.

Instead my stuff runs up, Razor Boars out on the flank. One War Hog moves up on the left behind the obstruction, other heavies go behind the central forest. Orin goes up front between the forest and objective to Arcane Vortex Hellmouth attempts.
Aggravator is up. Solos stay the hell back to keep safe from attempts to ninja them out.
The left War Hog gets used to pop out a Primal Shock to kill the left Gallows Grove, need to pop those Arc Nodes pretty quick.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Central forest sticks around to be annoying.

Leftwise there's a pair of pew pew wolds, they start shooting the left War Hog who Hyper Aggresives forward and engages them. The Tree later Strangleholds him, though it takes three attempts to land the boosted 9.

Centrally the Wardens move up, they try TKing the right most War Hog. I vortex the first one and let the second one go, megalith then charges in and kills the poor hog.
Wurmwood had planned on feating, ends up deciding it's in to precarious a spot (True, at it's current position I can Ghostly feeat shenanigan my way with a War Hog up to the tree) so it ports to teh back right corner via Cassius and meets up with it's Shifting Stone drinking buddies.

Out right the Sentry Stone manikins charge and kill a Razor Boar. Did not expect that. Genuinely forgot they had melee attacks.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Wurmwood having to abort it's feat plan makes this an easy desicion, kill the three heavies that face smash to the attrition win.

Razor Boars run around to feat positions, one of the left ones is Primalled. I also Primal the Road Hog and central War Hog. I didn't Primal the left War Hog, thinking I'd want at least one active heavy in the next turn.

Out on the left, Razor Boar feat attacks kill that flanks Shifting Stone. Pretty sure I miss the War Hog's Frenzy attack, but not sure on that. Regardless he starts laying about him at the two pew pew wolds (He didn't activate prior to the frenzy as he needed his Spirit healed, otherwise he would have been Fury cleared). Very silly in not Primalling him, as i opt to roll 7's to clear teh Wolds out of the zone. Killed one, landed nothing on the other. Sadness.
Gorax, Bellows Crew and Targ all pop into the bottom half of the zone to contest.
Notably the Bellows Crew ran up the extreme left to contest the Circle flag, their positions made it impossible for both Razor Boars to get charges on the Sentry Stone, however I lucked out on the damage rolls.

Centrally the Road Hog frenzies into the central Gorax, who ran into the forest to get the necessary positioning. Roadie recieved Ghostly prior. He walks into Megaliths backarc, easily kills it, overtakes forward an inch, casts Sprint. Gets shot by the right flank Wold Wyrd with Witchhunter, accursed cheecky little fella. Roadie Sprints up into Wurmwoods vicinity.
The War Hog got pathfinder off the objective, has Primal, Forced Evo and activates its Pain Dial. Walks up to the pair of Wardens, maxes Fury to kill both. Sadly falls shy of Overtake engagement range on the Wold Wyrd.

Right side a Gorax kills the remaining gallows Grove, Primalled razor Boar has a go into the Sentry Stone and falls well short.

Arkadius chills up back with stelathed Orin nearby in a trench, likewise with Eilish.

I only score the right flag for a point, though given the attrition gains not a huge issue. 1-0.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Wurmwood pops forward again with the Shifting Stones and pops feat.
Left Woldwyrd does little to the War Hog engaging it. Right one gets the War Hog with an upkeep on it, so appropaitely murders it with ease.
Sentry Stone has the Manikins go into the back of the Razor Boar, take out its body.

Nothing got to contest my flag on the Circle turn, so go up 2-0.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Road Hog and two of the Razor Boars frenzy, don't do anything to drastic.

Just have to clear out the left zone/flag combo and I'll score the points to win, so the War Hog gets Primalled by the nearby Gorax and easily kills the Wold Wyrd. Only remaining contesting model is a Black Clad wayfarer, arkadius kills him with a Primal Shock.

Targ gets Ghostly, so he runs through the obstruction to the flag. I score both flags and the left zone, 5-0.

Number of positioning errors on my part, such as the Swamp Gobbers. End War hog could also have snuggled up closer and much more reliably just killed the Blackclad, Primal Shock is not a spell to rely on. Should have bit the bullet and just Primalled that War Hog anyway, would have greatly simplified the close out turn. hard game for Circle when Wurmwoods activation goes south so much.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Oct 30 2018, 11:40 AM
Post #643

Game 372 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Axis1(DI) - Rnd4 Oktoberkrieg2
Invasion

Ye old finale! Into one of our infrequent foes from the country's real capital. kaider Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand should just skip out on Chorus'.

One of my old for warcasters as well, Axis with double TEP. Played the matchup a fair number of times, one of the few builds were the double Road Hog is definitely better, as War hogs fundamentally threat the same as TEPs while the Roadies get an extra two inches of glory. That's a band name right there.

There was an Orion list with an Axiom and triple Assimilators as well, we both knew that wasn't going down as it dies pretty thoroughly.

I won the roll and picked first for the only time in the tourney. Wasn't to phased about table side as there wasn't a defensive wall/obstacle on either side and a central forest against huge bases played into the matchup for me, essentially making the War Hog vs TEP threat range inconsequential as the Battle Engines can't hide from line of sight. Because it's hard not to see the phallic grandfather clocks that attack using multiple spurts.

IPB Image
Round 1: Everything runs up, the Road Hog goes into range to threaten the left TEP. Pair of War Hogs go up behind the forest. Right War Hog moves up and can be TEPed if Axis wants to pop his feat. Aggravator up, Forced Evo up on the Road Hog assuming it'll have to pop the Battle Engine.

TEPs advance tepidly. I really hate myself for writing that, currently being assaulted by Swamp Puns due to the release of the Croak Lesser Warlock.
Anyway Convergence move forward a short ways, mostly just keeping their deployment line aside from Servitors that run around trying to being a block for the Battle Engines. The Cipher targets a pair of them to add rough terrain to the central forest.

IPB Image
Minion 2: The forest tech and the Sentinel jam aren't bad plays, ultimately though for it to not be worth me going it Axis would need to feat. In fact casting upkeeps and fuelling the Cipher shots has left him without camp and he's not positioned behind a wall of jacks, so it's a matter of getting stuff up on false flag missions to trigger the various counter charges or otherwise engage the Donginators, given the way this flops is if the War Hogs get knocked down before attacking.

Central War Hogs get Primal.

Forced Evo flips to one of the War Hogs, Razor Boars run up and sure enough trigger some counter chargers. Road Hog sprays down a bunch of Servitors on the left. Frenzies allow further engagement and get all the War Hogs forward, right one zooming up the side, central pair have pathfinder from the objective and Witch Doc Ghostly so use the TEP as a charge target to get up.
One War Hog kills some blocking Vectors, a second trivially kills Axis.

Not a lot to process here, there is a very real and difficult onus on the Axis player to get through Arkadius' feat to make a game of it. Early CoC feat essential. There are Convergence lists that are more favourable, happily they aren't in Destruction Initiative so I don't have to think about them.

I win the tourney, get to keep the literal crown until next time. When the Sharks will descend and I can collect that sweet wooden spoon award.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Nov 6 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #644

Game 373 - Barny2(BC) vs Venethrax1(BI)
Epic Recon

I qualified for the Aus SS series final tourney, alas last minute bushfire/family stuff forced me to cancel the travel last minute. Woot. Still, at least the containment line a kay and a half from work weren't jumped over, so woohoo continued employment!

The finals might have been missed, still time to put the Rask/Arkadius pair down for a bit and try some other stuff, beginning with the craze-that-never-really-took-off, Barny the slightly older and more open chestier.

The whole Barny2 + Wrongeye/Snapjaw thing seems overated to me. Small bubble effects are bad and leveraging the defence stat in the current reality of high MATs about the place seems bad. Plus 23 Warbeast points makes thing super awkward, you can take the Lesser easily in Will Work for Food however your unit options sucks some serious hemipenes.

Ergo, I opted to plonk him in Blindwater with double Croak, double Shamblers, double Pot. Some solos to taste, battlegroup (aka here for the transfer damage) being a Bullsnapper, double Boneswarm, Spitter. Solos being Kwaak, Totem Hunter, a Chef and the spell croc into bondage submission stuff.

Kwaak is probably a bad super SUSS choice, far to many dreams of using....duh duh duh.....double medicate.

Pick up game into Venethrax in Black Industries running I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Gaspy3 of a pile of Slayers, a Reaper and a Seether on a Jack Marshal dude (Henceforth known as Angry Bot and Comptroller).

Lamentation? Eugh. Instant single game confirmation bias against having Star Crossed in the list!
Going in, expectation is that we'll just have to see how many Slayers Barny can kill personally.
I lost the roll and got second, one board side had some forests that would be mildly inconvenient so I too the side away from that stuff. I get a central defensive trench, a small corrosion cloud on my left and a hill on the right. There's a forest smack bang in the centre that could be either painful or useful to either side.

IPB Image
Round 1: Cryx jacks run up, Venethrax heading toward the Cryx flag with a pair of Slayers on either flank, the remaining three Slayers and Reaper beside Venny boy. Ahngry Bot and Comptroller are way out on the right.

I Preyed the Comptroller, thinking being that if he ran somewhere weird to avoid being attacked then he was unlikely to be doing something I cared about vis a vis the flag scoring situation.
Croaks are about to die, that's basically unavoidable at this point. Both units move up, spacing out a bit. If Slayers come in and I get to kill them then that's alright by me.
The Toad men do some shots, the leftier unit pinging a Slayer for some chip damage (Grr Carapace), a pair try some cheeky shots to get some ping damage on the oiled Venethrax alas it wasn't to be. The right side unit actually manage to straight up kill an Arc Node, so I guess 8's to hit aren't a big deal.

Bokors and Pots moved up, with the Zombie fellas placed to get priority for most corpse collecting.
Pots also fill Barny up on Corpses.

The Spitter shuffles up the centre, also does a pot shot on the forward central Slayer and puts up Counterblast, being just shy of Lamentation range. The Bullsnapper chills up the back, given he's basically a medpack. The Boneswarms chill out on either flank for theoretical zone scoring.

Barny himself goes up the centre with Spiny Growth up, he also flicks a Rebuke through the Bone Shrine onto a Slayer. No Combo Smiting Croak Raiders for you! (Aka I had to toss some Fury anyway for the Spitter activation). I keep one of his Bone dudes in Sac Pawn range in case the Reaper gets any funky drag ideas.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Venethrax moves directly up, pops Temporal Accelaration and looks super out of place in Barny murder range. He then Deadweights a Croak so Barny has to sac movement/action. Damn. Hopes and dreams raised and abruptly dashed.

The Slayers all move forward and get stuck into it, the lead one doesn't take the Counterblast/Retaliatory/Enliven bait of the Spitter or a doomed run on Barny. Alas.
Instead loads of Croaks get popped, 8 of the yellow left unit and four of the smurfs on the right, Corpses getting distributed between the mostly the Bokors and a few to the Pots.
Bone Nodes stick behind, Angry Bot and Comptroller don't get involved.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alrighty Carolina North from North Carolina, time to win our spot on Geraldo.

Venny is on no camp, I formulate the plan to drag a Slayer out of the way, Stationary him with the left Bokor, then charge in the Spitter. Even with the Ironbacks limp wrist melee attacks it can kill a caster in that situation.

There's a few early exist points, the first is the Pot drag on a Slayer. This is done by the right pot, it easily lands it's shot and drags said Slayer all the way to my objective. Barny then lands a Hunters Mark on the Reaper, given the Spitter the charge distance needed to get to Venny. 'lock then eats the Slayer, feats away a bunch of Shamblers to get his Fury stack again and Spiny Growths. Lamentations continues to be style cramping.

I have to engage a Slayer next to the central forest to stop him counter charging the Bokor and blocking the lane. I do this by Press Forwarding the Smurf Croak Unit on the right, sadly the Croak that moves in to engage is put down in a poor position, so the Reaper can see him and fails a Coutner Charge to block the Spitter landing spot. Doh. Plan binned and dusted.
Oh well, back to just trying to kill Cryx Murderbots. The Smurfs charge/run around, three get it on a Slayer on the right where they perform bizarrely well, dinging it up pretty badly.

Right zone wise, only one Slayer is in range to contest my flag, alas Barny's Bone Shaker tried to get it's Dark Shroud up in their and was not blocking the Bokor charge lane, so the Soul Slave nukes it away. Good resource planning there. The Bokor charges in, burns down to a pair of Shamblers to get the job done. Bone Swarm toes the zone.

Left zone wise, the other Bokor goes in on a Slayer, this one does have Dark Shroud put on it properly so it dies vastly quicker. The pair of yellow Croaks throw their darts at a central Slayer out of a beleaguered sense of optimism.The Spitter charges in, rolls like a savage to kill the Reaper and ding up the Slayer in front of Venethrax.

Four jacks down, however now the hard hitting things in my list are stupidly vulnerable, aside from Barny himself. Felt like a sad feat pop, that's a rubber band that basically snapped and flicked me ont he nose while pointing out the hypocrisy of the national anthem.

I score the right flag at least, 1-0.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Venethrax charges the Spitter, gives him a whack that he Enlivens away from.
The Slayers all then Pile in, killing the Bokors, Spitter and Bone Shrine.
Comptroller runs to the back right of the board, Angry Bot goes in and eats a bunch of the Smurfs.

The lights pile in front of Venethrax.

IPB Image
Minion 3: If I had feat then barny would commit on the left and kill a bunch of fools. Alas, we have to push to the right and gum up the works to push the scenario lead.

Leftwise the remaining stuff piles in, a four man Shambler CMA with a Dark Shroud Barny Boi spikes hard and actually manages to pop a Slayer. Did not expect. Kwaak Venoms the Light jacks twice, one of them takes a fair chunk of damage, the other doesn't suffer unduly.

Barny charges to teh right to claim the flag, easily killing the contesting Slayer.
Comptroller gets nuked by the Soul Slave, Prey cycles to his jack.
Angry Bot get a Chef in the back, a Totem Hunter Big Pointy Stick charge and a Bone Swarm flailing at it, leaving it pretty damaged though still a fully functional Battle Station.

I score the flag again, 2-0.

Cryx concedes at this point, we both have 10 minutes on clock and I can do a running to contest/score deal a lot more efficiently, so that's fair enough.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh! A Caster that can kill stuff in melee! Bit handwavy on the list, infantry package feels fine, unsure on battlegroup and solo load out.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Nov 6 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #645

Member No.: 4,171

Open Chest Barney is Best Barney.

"I love you, you love me, we're a happy rotisserie..."

Would you trade up some of the Light Warbeasts into beaters like a Wrastler or does Barney do all the good work?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Nov 7 2018, 09:04 AM
Post #646

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Nov 6 2018, 02:07 PM) *

Would you trade up some of the Light Warbeasts into beaters like a Wrastler or does Barney do all the good work?

TBD, expect to end up there but I have dreams. DREAMS. Should probably just play Butcher DREAMS.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Nov 12 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #647

Game 374 - Barny2 (BC) vs Gaspy2 (BI)
Invasion

Once more into the Cryx jack breach, this time Gaspy3. Same Barny 2 list, so this looks.....less that ideal? Slayers are a lot nicer without sodding unyielding.

I win the roll, nab first to get some board space, though Invasion isn't to bad for htat really given the capacity for toeing nearby zones (ain't no leg Spreadage).
There's a central Obstruction that allows convenient toeing of the central zone, I plonk the Boen Shrine here for the sake of laziness and stopping it being randomly plonked off.
There's some water/forests around and a trench/hill that don't come up a huge amount (I think? Suffered a dearth of motivation, so this one has sat around for a few days, begging and pleading me to ignore Reddit).

Gaspy list also has Denny0 with a Nightwretch, so that's something different.

IPB Image
Round 1: So the Croaks and Shamblers go up either flank, Barny goes up the guts with the Spitter in toe. Croaks aren't super efficous against armour 19+, let alone when Carapace is busy given them an abrupt punt to the bards, so the plan is to jsut spread oil and fire damage around, most of hte Croaks will die and then teh survivors can play the Oil game while the Shamblers form up as the next wave of jamming and holding out.

....except I compeltely blipped on Dark Industries deployment bonus, so instead the forward Croaks in both units get Slayers running up to engage them. Sod. Not a good opening position.

Totem Hunter has Preyed Denny 0, they both started on the left, Denny started legging it to the centre of the Cryx backline.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alrighty, recovery time I guess. Key thing I'm concerned on is how/when Barny gets involved, he'll need to pop 2-3 Slayers when he commits, then feat to live. From their we can see how it goes.

Smurf Croaks on the right shuffle around, the two engaged ones die to get rid of the defence boost against shots. They feed the Bokor anyway. Croak shots kill the nearby Necrotech, Soul collecty solo guy (Not Vociferon, whatever the cheapy Thrall Version is) and set a few Slayers on fire. Multiple shots into one of the Forward ones actually do way above xpectations, knocking out an arm.

Barny pops Execration, Spiny Growth and charges, using a unit ember to block him from getting anywhere dangerous. A minion from each unit runs up on either flank to apply Dark Shroud. Would have loved to apply it earlier ont eh right flank, alas the power of putting things in combat versus ranged shots it bad (Winion ranged knocked down, someone get on that).
The Spitter wants to pop a shot into Vociferon, alas he's hiding behind the Cryx objective and it's not possible to line up a shot with speed 4 versus the obstruction and my own objective. It pings a Slayer for some weak damage.

Out left the Croak unit is to engaged to do much, so they just say sod it and charge in, Gang and Dark Shroud let them do a little work.
The Bokor goes in on a Slayer in the left, buys enough attacks to put it on a handfull of boxes. The Totem Hunter then charges in, finishes the Slayer off and sprints toward the Cryx side to continue the Denny hunt.

Obscured, there is actually three Slayers chilling out behind that central obstruction. Terrain! You're not helping!

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Denny's Jack moves up and one shots the Totem Hunter. Well then. Guess that dream is dead.

Slayers smoosh forward, out left they kill the Bokor, out right Execretion makes the Croaks actually annoying to deal with and they flail a bit.
Gaspy shuffles back to be out of Barny's threat range.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Nothing for it, have to commit Barny this turn.

Out left the Shamblers charge in for some CMA's, the Croaks spread out and kill an Arc Node with shots.

Rightwise similar thing, except the Bokor is still alive. Sadly the forest jsut blovks him charging in on a Slayer, so he just chills around whiule more CMA's happen.

Centrally, Barny commits and kills two Slayers, pops feat feat to get his Fury back up and casts Spiny.Exectretion. Forget to pull off the Bone Shrine.
The Spitter commits as well and pops another Slayer.

CLENCH TIME.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: As we check up on the attacks that can get on (One healthy Slayer with Power up, Gaspy charging and another Slayer out of control) I don't feel to bad, the number of attacks and stats involved feel allright.

Unless you tumbledry your brain and don't think about Cryx casting some spells.

Denny0 moves up, pops Curse of Shadows on Barny. Vociferon at least misses Spectral Leash. Gaspy charges in, kills a nearby flunky to Blood Boon Calamity. Erk. After that Barny bites the dust, cause #prayingfortough is bad.

Whoops. Pretty sure this will be the story of my immediate warmachine future, working out jsut how much Barny can tank.

List wise, happy with the Croaks even if the opposing list is a bit nightmare fuelly. When it down see what Fire does then fuel the Corpse machines.
This particular game made me really want Orin, which was fine and dandy except the old boy refuses to wear his waders and lacks the necessary amphibiousness to join Barny's groupies. Hmph.
Spitter is cute for generating Fury with attacks, ultimately he's to slow, though really that's jsut because I'm getting greedy, should use a Bone Swarm to drop and cut down on the Enliven/Spitter dreams.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Nov 14 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #648

Game 375 - Barny2 (BC) vs Lylyth3 (OoA)
Epic Recon

Once more into the breach! Specifically that whole in the chest thing! Weird how that isn't viewed as a problem!

I'd planned to tinker with the list, tossing Bone Swarms/Soul Slave for an Arc node and freeing up some points, instead I binged Conquest of Elysium 4 for a bunch. No Traditions were broken. Ergo I ended up arising last minute for a game in the morning hours of the weekend.

It's sweet Proxy city, because that's how Archangels are basically intended to be played. They've just gotten bumped up with some deeptively mobile shenanigans, so we go into Huge Base City of Lylth3, double AA, double Thrones, two Hellions, two Shepherds and a Forsaken. Allrighty then.

Epic Recon, so opposing lack of units isn't going to be a problem at all. Rats.

I win the roll and take first, end up with some hills and water on my side, principal terrain being there's a central obstruction and a blob of forest around the Legion flag that could be annoying.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Curse you floating orb of light. Stuff runs up. Left side Croaks halt at the edge of Archangel advance and pew pew range, the right one are more aggressive as the thinking is to push the right side and much around with the building in the way, though more likely the game is decided by whether or not Barny gets to eat a Garg or not.

Totem Hunter Preys the far right Throne for want of a better target.

IPB Image
Legion 1: Sure enough, it's potshot city. Continuing my current track record of bleeping on things, turns out the AA guns are AoE's and some poor spacing on the elft means a 3 inch AoE kills three Shamblers. Urk. Three odd Croaks die on the right, their corpses shuffle over to the Bokor.

IPB Image
Minion 2: So the thing about marketing your product via "These people can't believe brand XX tasted so good in a blind test" is that is convinced me your brand is a cheap knock off and they know it.

Anyway, time for Croaks to go in and scorchteh Thrones a bit. Arm 20 is out of hteir comfort zone, alas a Bone Shaker isn't really positioned to get up their and they'll be horribly grouped up for some easy deaths. Good thing we can always make Shamblers out of them.
They actually roll pretty well, leaving both Thrones on lowish boxes.

Bokors run around to collect their corpses, some Shamblers on the right run up to be in the way.

Barny moves up the centre behind the building-ish, puts up Execretion and Spiny Growth, nabs a Fury off the Bone Shrine. Sadly he gets Cursed, so that's not ideal. The Bone Shakers spread out around him to be Sac Pawners.
The Spitter moves up, flings a shot at Lylyth3 in the height of optimism, sadly doesn't magically scatter the way I want onto the Forsaken or Shepherd.

IPB Image
Legion 2: So, cool story time: Just because you think the Archangel threatens 13 in melee doesn't mean you've mathed correctly. Ergo Thrones commit and achieve basically sod all (the left one had two boxes left. Sad Fire is sad.), right one in particular gets burnt badly by the Croaks being pseudo defence 15. Alas they do manage to pop one of Barny's Sac Pawn dudes, so Lylth then moves in, feats, Stationaries Barny. One of the Arch Angels then gets to fly in, smacks up Barny, comes down to a tough roll that fails. Doh.

Hmmm......yeah, still sodding up that Barny placement. Just had to have the Spitter or a Bone Swarm run in front for more transfers/position blocking. Barny being cursed was also not a great feeling, good odds the Bone Shrine gets dropped just so I don't have that headache of a choice.
Time for the Spitter to go, the gun is a detriment for me using it properly. Kwaak probably in a similar boat, the list doesn't line up with what the two header wants to do.

Tripping on some basic stuff right now vis a vis rules (Battle Engines could be stationaried once upon a time right? RIGHT?!) , should probably buckle down on that.
Weighing up a Jaga list that is built of such garbage compromise it might as well be a weird fetishist tied up in a hopper.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Nov 17 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #649

Game 376 - Barny2 (BC) vs Iona1 (TDH)
Mirage

Why yes tubes of self personification, I am super down for the Backstreet Boys to be making more....."music". Mumford and Sons peaked early, then stopped saying "######ed" to much. I think.
Yeah, may have had a few beers before this write up. Also a game behind report wise, starting to wonder of Barny is a white whale.

Playing against Iona. Much Tharn. Many wows. Enemy has ambushers, which only dicks use. Tsk tsk for shame. Just remember the dashound is best of all.

Changed the battlegroup a bit, downgraded the Spitter to a...candle covered arcnode esque thing ("esque" because that animus is cold slimy garbage). Mined a Croak unit to get in a Sacral Vault, plus tinkering with free models.Yep, got that burned at not having Arcane Vortex,not that I position with that in mind anyway.

Milli Vanilli may have been lip syncers, but damn did they lip sync to the max. A mate started randomly quoting Strawberry kisses today, apparently knowing the details of Nikki Websters life is weird (It goes Olympic act > Short ######ty pop career > Cover of Zoo magazine > done).

This looks like a bit of a garbo matchup. Corpse competition, Phantasm, Prowl around the place (albeit not as much as I mistakenly thought), Overtake chewing through units. Blergh.
Expectation is Croak Raiders are going to have to charge rather than try shots and scenario is going to be pushed.

Lost the roll, took the side with a pair of clouds basically to stop the Prowl headaches. Circle get a defensive obstruction, however it also offers good contesting possibilities late game, this being a live scenario the intent is to just push that aspect anyway.

IPB Image
Round 1: We run at each other. There's ambushing Blood Weavers, so the Vault anchors one side as they are smucky one wound models and will melt like a wicked witch of they do anywhere near.

Circle runs stuff forward, the Goat head thingy gets Sure Foot and clings to the building with Iona behind it.

In my turn, the left min unit of croaks shuffle and do some pew pews, killing a Gallows Grove and surprisingly managing to hit a Wolfrider Champ and burn him to death. Good work fellas.
The right Croaks aren't seeing as hot a shooting environment, as triggering vengeance on the Ravagers seems decidely not great. Instead they mostly run around, aside from three that charge up and kill the smaller one of Bridget/Call, the one that gives all the abilities stuff.

Learnt a little bit from previous games at least, a Bone Swarm runs up ready to Swarm up Barny. Oh. That's it. Thought I'd have more "look at what I learned!" points. Drat.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Left Ravagers pop their mini feat and charge in, alas it was mistimed as only a couple could get charges in and they pop relatively few expendable Croaks/Shamblers.

Iona and Goat stay chilling behind the building. Ravagers run up in front.

Ambushers pop in from the right and kill the Totem Hunter plus a stack of shamblers.

IPB Image
Minion 2: The Stalker is maxed on Fury, so I think I have a good assassination run.

The Blindwalker pops his animus, kills some Croaks who are Pursuited anyway (Involved an illegal power attack, ultimately didn't affect how the turn played out).

Two Ravagers in the way, Pots go in to drag them away. One succeeds, the other missed. Imph. Totem Hunter ends up going in to pop him and settle his hash.

Barny goes, arcs a Hunters Mark on the enemy objective, charges in to make attacks on the blocking goat and Iona. Kills the goat, feats on a stack of shamblers to refuel. First boosted 8 hits Iona, takes out most of her health (No transfer targets at this point). I miss the second attack. Womp wauuuuuugh. She dodges away.

Well......####. We're boned. Remaining bit pieces move around.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Ravagers kinda suck a bit, winging Barny for a chunk though really I thought they'd kill him. Iona ends up charging in to get it done.

Should have puppet mastered. Mistakes were made.
+Quote Post

33 Pages V « < 31 32 33
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2018 - 04:37 AM