6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dauthus - see new thread, Planning starts now - here's what I have so far
Harvey Birdman
post Mar 3 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 6,103

I took zombies and 3 drakes and still lost to pony boy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amytornis
post Mar 6 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

Simon given this event is a big deal for Group North I'm hoping you might set up a small sub committee of guys to agree on a set of rules/possible restrictions for next year. Bearing in mind the possibility of 7th Ed dropping later this year legitimizing all of the crazy new stuff? Then hopefully post them up in here early enough for people to start planning armies. I dont want to buy stuff and spend a gazillion hours painting it only to find your not going to allow Flyers or Imperial Armour or whatever else you might not want to see at the Tourney. I'm sure you have enough people with enough experience and wisdom you can call on to help decide what is and isn't going to be acceptable. Cheers
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Mar 7 2014, 08:22 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,902

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Mar 1 2014, 12:28 PM) *

Why not? Its not like PonyBoy and the rest haven't broken 40k already....

Wow less than 6th months and pony has allready replaced me as
Teh destroyer of all the hobbies
Sad day folks sad day.

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
Harvey Birdman
post Mar 7 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #24

Why on earth would you want to take creative control away from simon on the 10th anniversary of his event, for what might be his last one? You'll still paint and play with your toy soldiers even if you can't use them at one event. The committee should have one member, and everyone else should shake his hand and say thank you. It's not like he doesn't listen to your feedback and try to make people happy accordingly.
+Quote Post
Cypher
post Mar 7 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #25

Gooner

Member No.: 515

Why on earth would you want to take creative control away from simon on the 10th anniversary of his event, for what might be his last one? You'll still paint and play with your toy soldiers even if you can't use them at one event. The committee should have one member, and everyone else should shake his hand and say thank you. It's not like he doesn't listen to your feedback and try to make people happy accordingly.

Because apparently its the serious business.

Im just happy to rock up, play wardollies and have some fun.

But the strippers are mandatory: lets be perfectly clear on that point. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Mar 7 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Cypher @ Mar 7 2014, 11:25 AM) *

But the strippers are mandatory: lets be perfectly clear on that point. tongue.gif

Strippers is a no go.
But im working on cheerleaders

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Mar 7 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Cypher @ Mar 7 2014, 11:25 AM) *

Strippers is a no go.
But im working on cheerleaders

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
AJ-CRISIS
post Mar 7 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 12,552

QUOTE(Harvey Birdman @ Mar 7 2014, 10:40 AM) *

While i dont mind showing up regardless, i know for a fact that Amytornis is starting a new army specifically for Dauthus given that it is its 10th and possibly last year running, as such i can understand his request. I am also doing the same, given that if i assembled and painted said army i would be quite disappointed if it was all done and then a month before the tournament i couldn't use half of whats in it.

Having said that i do appreciate all the work Simon puts into these events and i enjoy participating in them. I dont believe Amytornis is trying to 'take creative control away from simon', merely giving the suggestion of having some others in the gaming community who he trusts/values to offer their opinions on any rules restrictions to make it the best event it could possibly be.
+Quote Post
Behemoth
post Mar 7 2014, 05:32 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,394

To be honest, I deal enough with committee's now and I don't want to add another to the list (even if I wouldn't actually need to be on it).

I would do a players pack now but seeing as new rules are rumoured to come out in May then I thought I would wait until then. I can say that at this point I am keen to allow FW and not keen for super heavies to be allowed (which may involve banning the Imperial Knights codex???). I want to keep it as 1 FoC too.

If people do or do not want to see certain things in the tourney then now is the time to post your thoughts here. I have nothing set in stone at this point in time so give me your opinion and make your argument to convince me.

I have given consideration to going as far back to basics as possible so that would involve banning flyers and flying MC's but I think that would just give already good armies too much of a boost.

When Dauthus first started it had around 12 players and every single table had a different mission. Maybe something along those lines could be introduced?

If you have any ideas I would be very appreciative to hear them. No promise and if you don't want to post it publicly then send me a PM. I want next year to be big and let me know early if you would like to sleep at the hall. I am sure I can swing that with the GN committee.

Also, does anyone have a hot partner who will strip for cheap. So far the only volunteers I have are Napier and Charles! My eyes are still bleeding from the audition.

+Quote Post
Amytornis
post Mar 7 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 12,413

Firstly my original post has nothing to do with trying to rest away creative control or otherwise from Simon. For the record I think he does a fantastic job of organising this event. It was more an idea of sharing the burden of the responsibility for what is Group Norths premiere 40K tourney for the year. Perhaps if this was shared then it might not be the last Dauthus?. By sharing I mean a couple of experienced tourney scene guys whom Simon trusts coming up with some firm guidelines early enough so people like me can start planning, that is all.

For me the tourney is more about presenting the best possible looking army I can make/paint and not so much about playing with "little man dollies" (I get smashed every game anyway) The more time I have in that regard the better for me. There were lots of rumours after the event this year as to what would be included/banned for 2015 and with all the changes to the game system and possible new rules in May thats a lot for one man to think about.

Personally I'd like to see single FOC, 40K approved Forgeworld/Imperial Armour and WYSIWYG. By that I mean you must have the model that is on your list. I'm not too keen on seeing Landraider sized blocks of wood with nails stuck in them for guns.

Peace out and thank you Simon
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Mar 7 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 10,698

For my 2 cents simon I reckon just let it play as the edition is. 7th is going to make dataslates/lords of war/D weapons main stream. To limit these things is sorta like saying atm Tau cant take riptides etc.

I for one was heavily against escalation and the idea of superheavies, I played a game with it last night, and ya know what it was no different to playing against a screamer star, or jetseer council, or Triptide! hell id even go as far as to say it was better, because not everyone can field a 2++ rerollable, BUT everyone (who matters) can get a super heavy.

I think its a bit odd to have a FW allowed tournament now, that bans parts of the core ruleset.

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
deadmuppet
post Mar 7 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 9,334

so we were forced to buy flyers, then forced to buy AA and now were forced to buy titans.... u cool if i just buy a titan then use match boxes for other models as things like elder titans don't care what uese is in ur list anyway as it just dies first turn regardless????

--------------------
Above the tabletop, commission based painting service based in Adelaide SA.

www.abovethetabletop.com
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Mar 7 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 10,698

QUOTE(deadmuppet @ Mar 7 2014, 08:33 PM) *

so we were forced to buy flyers, then forced to buy AA and now were forced to buy titans.... u cool if i just buy a titan then use match boxes for other models as things like elder titans don't care what uese is in ur list anyway as it just dies first turn regardless????

You can easily play against 9/10 of the escalation units without needing your own superheavy

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
Behemoth
post Mar 7 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 5,394

Like it or not, the decision is based more on how I think 40K should be rather than how GW actually makes it. It's a better game without all this new ######e IMO. I am strongly against the the argument of "it's in the core rules now so let it happen". As GW admits, they don't make the game balanced with tournaments in mind so therefore it's up to us to try and do that.

I feel FW will help level the playing field a bit and I don't like the fact that people will be forced to buy superheavies to compete. I also don't like that Tau or Eldar are thus almost guaranteed to win (I said almost Andy).

Amytornis, I don't think you are trying to take creative control. I can see you are only trying to nail down as early as you can what will and will not be allowed and I fully agree with that sentiment. Hopefully we can do that in the next few months.

So should I allow unpainted armies? Or unpainted models count as destroyed at the end of the game?

Should substitutions be allowed?

Should FW be actual FW models only?

Should certain units be limited to one only?

Should certain units be banned such as 2+ rerollable? It's not like that is their only winning combo.

Should soft scores be have greater weight?

I want your input guys but don't get upset if it doesn't go your way. Disagree with me and I won't be offended. Vote with your feet and I won't be offended.
+Quote Post
Charlie_W
post Mar 8 2014, 08:03 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 10,688

I propose that the ruleset is all inclusive (everything except IA Experimental and IA Apocalypse rules) and we address popular balance concerns through mission design and scoring system. Players can then build their army however they like without fear of restrictions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
pion
post Mar 8 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 11,024

I will come regardless of the rules. If it open to all things stupid then I expect there is a good chance I will get blown off the board again by such lists - like four out of five I played 2 weeks ago.
I am going to BaV (NSW event) in early May near my home town. They are proposing to use a Comp system that look the best option of getting interesting and more enjoable games. While no option will make everyone happy, that looks like the best one available at the moment.

+Quote Post
SprayAnPray
post Mar 8 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 13,772

Yeah, I'll be there. It just depends on whether I bother to finish scratch-building my Dred Mob army or just bring the BA

--------------------
QUOTE(Demon @ May 14 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I tried to buy a predator and all I got was this lousy drone thing that goes beep occassionally
QUOTE(Dice Array @ Aug 12 2015, 05:28 PM) *

It's important that such men police the forums constantly to save us from ourselves.

+Quote Post
kore5022
post Mar 8 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 12,596

Should FW be actual FW models only?

Yes

Normal drops pods counting as FW drop pods, normal land raiders with proxy FW load outs etc is awful to play against.
+Quote Post
Monkey
post Mar 8 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #39

Damned Dirty Ape

Member No.: 375

QUOTE(Behemoth @ Mar 7 2014, 05:02 PM) *

When Dauthus first started it had around 12 players and every single table had a different mission. Maybe something along those lines could be introduced?

Yes please! (Playtesting though if we're going to have a big turnout.)

--------------------
Pwner of Ponies.
+Quote Post
Harvey Birdman
post Mar 8 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #40

Please don't ban imperial knights, or my nest dauthus army won't be as funny. Good thing actual models needed is for fw units, because lol. Mine will have lights and sounds. Going for player's choice and podium this year.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2019 - 07:52 PM