Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brothers In Arms 16-9-2012, Information relating to the tournament
DargoonB6
post Mar 29 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,975

Southern War gaming Club 40k Brothers In Arms Player Pack Basic Info
The tournament will consist of 3 games over the course of the day from 9am through to 5pm, players should enter in pairs each player paying the $30 entry fee prior to the event. Included in the entry fee is lunch and cans of soft drink and bottles of water will be available for $1 a can/bottle.
When and Where
Brothers in Arms will be held on the 16th of September at the Southern War gaming Club. First Game will commence at 9 so players are asked to be there by 8:45am so that there is time to brief players and organize tables.

Cost
The cost for the tournament will be $30 a head meaning $60 a team, this includes lunch on the day and goes towards paying for the expenses associated with the tournament such as rent, prizes est. During the day cans of soft drink and bottles of water will be available for $1 each.

Edition
I’m not sure how many of you pay attention to the rumours but as it stands 5th edition of 40K is at its end and 6th is rumoured to come out in September. The tournament will be played with 5th edition rules so that all players are using the same rule set and have had equal chance to learn them.

Score
Teams will be scored out of 200 meaning each player can score potentially 100 points each for their team. Up to 60 points for the games. Then there will be 20 points for painting and 20 points for army composition score. The Composition score will be team based, not player meaning the players individual score will be the team score divided by 2.

Army Composition.
The team force will consist of 2600 points and follow the standard force organization chart of 2 HQ, 3 Elite, 6 Troop, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support choices, however each players force may consist of up to 1300 points and must include 1 HQ choice and 1 Troop Choice.
Teams may consist of any standard Games Workshop codex’s (this does not include Forgeworld) in any combination including the same codex.
The composition score will be done both by the opposing teams and by myself, the opposing team will rate your team composition before each game and then I will add their score to my own to generate the team composition score.

Army Lists
As a general request to players please bring along copies of your army lists with you on the day, at least 2. Also for team composition score I ask players to submit a combined army list before the 11th of September, for me to check and score (this way I’m not rushed on the day). To submit your teams army list please be sure to include both team members names and “Brothers in Arms” in the subject title and email it to me at Brehamut@hotmail.com.

Army Functionality
Due to the odd nature of a doubles event each army will function completely separate from each other. Only items or rules that specify they work for a type of model will affect your ally’s army. Examples of this are:
• 2 Dark elder army’s, army A with Duke Sliscus, army B without. Each Army rolls for its own combat drugs, A would get 2 dice and B only 1 on the combat drug chart.
• Daemons and Chaos Space Marines, the Chaos player has icons in some squads, this would mean the deep striking daemons would not scatter if they land within range of the icon because it mentions specifically demons.

To keep the game play simple each players force will be and army in its own right so independent characters cannot join friendly units only your own, nor can you enter each other transports. Any abilitys that effect and area such as Ork Big Meks Kustom Force Field Generator will affect your team mates models.

Missions
The Missions will be handed out on the day, this will hopefully keep you guys guessing as they are not going to be just straight out of the book mission. There will be some variations and additional objective in each game.

Prizes
Prizes have yet to be arranged but once something has been sorted out it will be posted here.

Gumby Army
As anyone many people my know there are sometimes back up armies at tournaments to fill in if someone cannot make it, in the event that a player is missing his partner then there will be people there who can fill in their missing team members place and in event that an entire team cannot make it a Gumby Team may be used to fill the missing space. However like normal Gumby’s cannot get prizes.

Any Questions please ask and I would appreciate any feed back as this is the first event of this nature I’m running.
Also bear in mind if you have no idea for a partner then post something up here in this thread as there may be others in your position.

This post has been edited by DargoonB6: Apr 1 2012, 03:46 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Mar 29 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,698

Ok so you have stated that abilities only apply if specifically listed.

Many abilities specifically relate to "Friendly units" so I would assume these abilities would work on your allies army as they are friendly units?

I only ask because if not I do not see any kind of advantage to taking a mixed force? In fact you would be much better off fielding 2 of the same army

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
DargoonB6
post Mar 31 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Would depend on the wording of the rules, if i know what you where thinking of or what rule you where looking at i could tell you. On a broad scene probably yes.

As for their being no advantage your right depending on the army's their may not be any advantage in joining forces on the other hand their could be massive benefits, such as tyranids and tau, tau make up for tyranids anti tank and shooting while the tyranids can handle the assault. Since each army has one weakness or another armys can cover for their ally's weakness.

This post has been edited by DargoonB6: Mar 31 2012, 07:25 PM
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Mar 31 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,902

I guess a couple of the big ones would be like buffs from things like psychic powers, chaplains, Sang. priest etc..
Eg. can my Sang. Priests give F.C & FNP to my Thunderwolves
Can I use Dantes no scatter rule while attached to a squad of deep striking wraiths.

To save ALOT or arguments Id say open it up for everything is in makes the whole team thing way more fun biggrin.gif

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
DargoonB6
post Apr 1 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #5

Good examples, i would say yes to these. the main idea is stuff that affects your army, eg. combat drugs for dark eldar, Grey Knight Grand master rule giving thing special rules, these thing affect your army not friendly units so they only affect your stuff. however things in your example get conferred to friendly models/units no just your army. on a side note though most of these involve independent characters joining a unit form another army. Will need to work out weather this should be allowed but at this stage I'll say yes they can join friendly units. although priest giving the F.C & FNP to the wolfs makes the worse cause he slows them way down to 12 total a turn.

Glad this is all being talked about and sorted out way ahead of time as to prevent any confusion on the day.
+Quote Post
death jester
post Apr 1 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,529

i just had a funny thought about 4 farseers with runes on the tabble now that would stop all psychic spells

--------------------
im nobodies fool wanna adopt me
+Quote Post
DargoonB6
post Apr 1 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #7

you may want to check that as a team you have the standard force organization chart between you not one each, although a farseer plus Njal Storm Caller would be still for anti psychic.

To clear up the whole what effects my team mate and such each players force will be and army in its own right so independent characters cannot join friendly units only your own, nor can you enter each other transports. Any abilitys that effect and area such as Ork Big Meks Kustom Force Field Generator will affect your team mates models.

Hope this will keep it simple and useful.
+Quote Post
dragonslayer
post Apr 1 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,382

Well I am interested to play, and I would like to field a Daemon Army as not too many players out there with said army. It would make it interesting to pair with from a game mechanics point of view, particularly with all my deep strikers coming in to mop up where needed.

I am interested in pairing with a CSM player for some nice synergy, but also I think it would be deliciously ironic to pair with a GK player with a Grand Master HQ and fudge all those reserve rolls.

I have an extensive collection and can field most things in the list. Not strong on things Nurgle.

If interested, please get in touch with me.

+Quote Post
death jester
post Apr 1 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,529

Possibly not sure if I'll make it yet but I can run zerkers in sacred numbers and kharne

--------------------
im nobodies fool wanna adopt me
+Quote Post
Bane
post Jul 8 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 116

Now that 6th is out I think we should consider making this one a 6th tourney

Its enough time from now until mid sept to get our act together and learn the new rules.

In addition to that 6th has allies rules, we can use the allies table for the match ups.

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post
DargoonB6
post Jul 21 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Going to be using 6th edition for brothers in arms but will need to work out how teams will be build in regards to ally's and such. Once I know more on what I intend to do I'll be posting more info up.
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Jul 22 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,902

QUOTE(DargoonB6 @ Mar 29 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Army Composition.
The team force will consist of 2600 points and follow the standard force organization chart of 2 HQ, 3 Elite, 6 Troop, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support choices, however each players force may consist of up to 1300 points and must include 1 HQ choice and 1 Troop Choice.

6th Ed. suggests 2 FoC, for games of 2000pts+.
Maybe go half way. 3 HQ, 9 Troops 4 Elite, Fast attack and Heavy support.????

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
Bane
post Jul 22 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #13

I vote allow 2 full force org charts (one per player) but use the allies table for who is allowed to team up with who (nids can only ally with nids)

Use the rules for desperate allies where required

Stick to the rulebook for the best narrative outcome.

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post
DargoonB6
post Jul 24 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #14

My current thought on how to do it is each player get a single whole force org chart, with no ally's allowed. Not sure about using the ally table for what army's can team up, thinking will be best to just count all army's as allies of convenience other wise it will severely limit some army on who they can team up with, remember by the normal ally rules nids cant even enter the tournament as you cannot ally two of the same codex.

However this is just my current thoughts
+Quote Post
Bane
post Jul 25 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #15

how about allow come the apocalypse allies, all the rules for desperate allies but add an exra negative. perhaps something simple like having the unita get unhappy on a roll a one or two

This post has been edited by Bane: Jul 25 2012, 10:21 AM

--------------------
want daemons
+Quote Post
dragonslayer
post Aug 12 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 6,382

QUOTE(DargoonB6 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:52 PM) *

... remember by the normal ally rules nids cant even enter the tournament as you cannot ally two of the same codex.

That limitation would only apply to single person army builds that use allies (as per 6th edition). Technically this shouldn't exclude nids allying with nids in a team game since the 6th edition rules do not even address team games. Of course that is just an interpretation of the rule set which naturally leaves much to interpretation as a rule.

So I can foresee a situation (if we use 6th edition as is) that my GK/IG army could ally with your IG/GK army just for the giggle factor (or the annoyance of the opposition) in a team game. Or as per statement above, a Nid army being allied to a Nid army. Why not?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 10:59 AM