Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [NSW] Winter Carnage - 1 day tournament in Hornsby, Results are up on the 5th page
Nighteyes
post Jul 3 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #81

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,561

QUOTE(Mathusela @ Jul 3 2012, 07:45 PM) *

yesssssss

tongue.gif

there's still more than 1 way the draw can be done with first names - Adam V Zac, Alan V Xavier etc.

The draw has gone straight down from A to Z, so eg Aaron v Adam, not Adam v Zac
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nighteyes
post Jul 6 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #82

Hey guys

Just a few final updates.

We have 18 players signed and with lists in, so a very good turnout.

For tomorrow there will be cans of soft drink for sale for $1 a can and chocolate bars ranging in price. These have been provided by the Northern Knights gaming club as well as the facility, tables and majority of terrain.

In terms of info for lunch. There is Thornleigh maccas, which is just around the corner. There is also a range of takeaway foods stores, which are a few minutes drive from the church.

The church has quite a large carpark right outside the activity centre so there will be plenty of space for parking.

Also if there is anyone who can get there around 8am to assist with set up that would be much appreciated. The set up will be really easy, evertyhing is basically in the same room and there are only 9 tables which need to be set up.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Cheers

Mitch
+Quote Post
fruitbat
post Jul 6 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 95

Looking forward to 'battle of the Daves'!
Hopefully I can work out which way to point the VCs smile.gif

Hmm, cat's out of the bag now Robbo... I'm bringing Vamps...
also, bringing what's left of my Empire and some other WFB bits if people want to take them off my hands
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Jul 6 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 362

I should be able to be there early, or at least by 8:15 anyway.

Vampires? Eeeek!!!

RoV

--------------------
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Twin-linked gives you the ability to miss twice with a single shot weapon.

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

My children, also known as Destroyers of Hobby
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Jul 7 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #85

Big thanks to Mitch for running agreat day. I must say, these smaller one dayers are SOOO much more chilled than the big 2 day weekends (not that they aren't fun too biggrin.gif).

First up was battle of the Daves, which I duly lost. Bloody Vampire Counts... it was a great game, despite my Lvl 4 Orc Shaman going down to a feedback scroll in the first magic phase was not a brilliant start tongue.gif I thought I was in with a good chance but simply got outplayed smile.gif 7-13 loss I think, but great game! A couple of 'anything could happen' turning points.

Second game I played Michael, his High Elves and his cursed dice. Similar game to when I played him at CotT; he can miscast on 3 dice no worries. My trolls making 10 of 11 regen saves one round didn't help biggrin.gif. He ended up taking down some good stuff at the end; Dwellered (or Pit, I get them confused) 30 of my 35 orc block in one go! He had a lone BSB taking on the remains of my savage orcs, and a lone swordsman holding off 30+ night gobbos. He came back well to make it a close game, 11-9 win.

Third game I played Gulpix (sorry mate, I can't remember how to spell your actual name sad.gif) and his nearly all-mounted Dark Elves. I reckon it is a tricky list to play, and he did it very well. I simply couldn't get to grips with the tricksy buggers, and my 3 chariots fluffed just about everything. Trolls failed 4 stupidity tests; 2 at Ld9! I think they survived because they shuffled off into a corner biggrin.gif
I though he had it all in the bag, then a unit of dark riders fled with their standard and his BSB died to a rock lobber, which gave me 500 points for breaking his army. I was exceptionally lucky there, he really deserved the win, but handled it with very good grace. 11-9 win.

Great opponents, well run comp, a great day biggrin.gif I look forward to doing it again. Mitch suggested 4 rounds, going late with pizza during the last round; dunno about greay fingers and well-painted models, but I think I will do it anyway if the leavepass extends that late D:

Thanks all, a great day!

RoV

--------------------

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

+Quote Post
Gulpix
post Jul 7 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 6,888

QUOTE(rat of vengence @ Jul 7 2012, 07:57 PM) *

Third game I played Gulpix (sorry mate, I can't remember how to spell your actual name sad.gif) and his nearly all-mounted Dark Elves. I reckon it is a tricky list to play, and he did it very well. I simply couldn't get to grips with the tricksy buggers, and my 3 chariots fluffed just about everything. Trolls failed 4 stupidity tests; 2 at Ld9! I think they survived because they shuffled off into a corner biggrin.gif
I though he had it all in the bag, then a unit of dark riders fled with their standard and his BSB died to a rock lobber, which gave me 500 points for breaking his army. I was exceptionally lucky there, he really deserved the win, but handled it with very good grace. 11-9 win.

It's Benoit mate. wink.gif
And that was a very good game indeed and I was lucky that your level 4 decided to go and see if the grass was greener in the warp on turn 4.
And also next time I will remember my charmed shield on the BSB to avoid getting reduced to pulp by a rock... sad.gif

And thanks Mitch for the tournament run smoothly and some very enjoyable game against nice guys which always is a winner for a good Saturday!
Just next time get there around 6am and turn the heaters on... My dices had frost on them beginning of the game... but were super hot on the last 2 turns (sorry Brad) armata_PDT_14.gif

Cheers,
Benoit
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Jul 7 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #87

QUOTE(Gulpix @ Jul 7 2012, 09:05 PM) *

And also next time I will remember my charmed shield on the BSB to avoid getting reduced to pulp by a rock... sad.gif

armata_PDT_08.gif Damn! I hate it when I forget those things armata_PDT_10.gif

RoV

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighteyes
post Jul 8 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #88

Hey Guys

Here are the results from yesterday

Name Army VP's Comp Sport Total
1 Sean Croker Skaven 50 9 14 73
2 Simon Kwok Dark Elves 48 10 15 73
3 Mike Kerr Dwarfs 46 6.5 15 67.5
4 Mick Ferraro Vampires 41 8.5 15 64.5
5 Matthew Pettett Beastmen 33 9 14 56
6 Dave Robertson Orcs and goblins 29 11.5 15 55.5
7 Rob Lord Bretonnians 27 11.5 15 53.5
8 Ben Finlay Vampires 29 9 15 53
9 Eric Caramanicon Empire 28 10 15 53
10 Benoit Grenez Dark Elves 28 9.5 15 52.5
11 James Speller Daemons 33 2.5 15 50.5
12 Alex Matthews Skaven 29 7.5 14 50.5
13 Troy Stevens Lizardmen 27 8 15 50
14 Callum Clarke Orcs and goblins 20 13 15 48
15 Michael Clarke High Elves 22 11.5 14 47.5
16 Dave Dinglestad Vampires 22 10.5 14 46.5
17 Brad Vassallo Daemons 24 7 15 46
18 Mitchell Connelly Tomb Kings 4 11 15 30

Best sport was David Robertson

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for coming yesterday, it was a fantastic event from a TO's perspective.

I just wanted to highlight a few of the memorable moments (or forgettable depending which side of the table you were on) from yesterday that I witnessed. I'm sure there are several more so feel free to post extra:

- Mike Kerr can sniping Mitch's Heirophant with the 1st cannon shot of the day.
- Rob's Bretonnian Lord charging into Sean's plague monks and Herioc Killing Blowing the plague furnace.
- Mick's Terrorgeist death Shrieking Brad's Bloodthrister and killing it in a single turn.
- In the final round with the top of the table clash, Mike took a solid lead after Simon's unkillable stubborn dreadloard failed his break test and was run down, only to be followed by his Anvil exploding to put Simon back in the lead.

Also for those who are interested. I will be putting the results up on RHQ during the week

This post has been edited by Nighteyes: Jul 8 2012, 02:07 PM
+Quote Post
tensions
post Jul 8 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #89

Member No.: 5,714

thanks for running the event Mitch!

--------------------
train like a barbrother.

+Quote Post
fruitbat
post Jul 9 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 95

Thanks Mitch for a good way to ease back into tourney play, and a BIG thanks to all three of my opponents for putting up with many questions and flipping-through of the rulebook.
I have a much better handle on 8th ed now smile.gif

I still think the latest FAQ on shooting slaverat units is dumb, but am sure to change my tune when my own skaven take the field!

Looks like I'll try and get the army painted for MOAB, but only if my last opponent returns my tape measure (Alex....). Didn't notice you still had it until I got home. Maybe drop it at Hornsby store while they're still there this week???

F
+Quote Post
Nighteyes
post Jul 9 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #91

QUOTE(fruitbat @ Jul 9 2012, 09:40 AM) *

Looks like I'll try and get the army painted for MOAB, but only if my last opponent returns my tape measure (Alex....). Didn't notice you still had it until I got home. Maybe drop it at Hornsby store while they're still there this week???

F

Hey Dave

I don't think Al is on this forum much, i'll PM you his email to contact him on.
+Quote Post
Nighteyes
post Jul 9 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #92

Hey Guys

I've uploaded the results to RHQ so they sound come through in the next day or two.

Cheers

Mitch
+Quote Post
Ehsteve
post Jul 9 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 11,874

Regarding the idea about running the tournament for another game next year. It was probably the lack of sleep but after 3 games I was beginning to get a headache and losing a lot of focus during games. Maybe starting the tournament later and still running for 3 games would be better, but the pizza idea is a cracker.

Thanks again Mitch for TOing another tournament, had a lot of fun. Might bring lizardmen to the next one and see how they go.

--------------------
"I am editing this post, pray I do not edit it any further."
HMBC: "...Step 5: Continue repeating Steps 3 and 4 until all players have Forged a Narrative™..."

The GW WHFB F.A.R.Q. series: charging magic killing blow characters challenges
QUOTE(Iapedus)
QUOTE(Dicrel)
I figured if he had to slam into anyone Hammer-of-Wrath-style, then boots or pauldron would be the best options, other body parts seem too unnatural or dangerous to try.
Any Marine worth his salt uses his face.
+Quote Post
Vreith
post Jul 10 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #94

Member No.: 9,293

Thanks mitch, had great fun, and Sean your rats are still cheese

--------------------
aka Ben

Vampire Counts
+Quote Post
Mathusela
post Jul 10 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #95

Member No.: 11,079

Thanks Mitch. it was a very enjoyable way to spend a saturday!

Thanks James, Rob and Troy for 3 fun games.
Rob the rear of your kotr bus was a digustingly beautiful target for purple sun, but Troy reminded me in the next game that characters get LoS for instant death spells... so put your 2 lords back on the table.. we'll have to have a rematch, hopefully without forgetting rules and so much bad luck!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 03:55 PM