Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 40k Maybe?
Obeisance
post Mar 22 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 549

Well, I played 40k/WHFB for years. Like 10 of them leading up to 2010.

I dropped out of GW stuff entirely just before the 8th Edition Exodus and picked up Warmachine, which I played as my main game for years. I quit it for Malifaux and while Malifaux has a moderate and dedicated playerbase (and is a great game), I have trouble getting games at the times I'm free, mostly due to the hours I work. There's a GW store at my local shopping centre.

Cut to now. I've been reading Traitor Legions/CSM 6E trying to get a feel for stuff. I'm thinking about getting back into the game because it's still very popular. Apparently the last tournament was around 75 players.

I like to take games semi-seriously and I'm used to crunchy strategic games. Honestly, I'm kinda worried that I'll find 40k boring and frustrating. But I haven't played it in forever. And I was told to save my money because the game sucks by someone I know.

Like, the models are pretty and I like the fluff. My nostalgia goggles are strapped on.

What's the game like now? Do you find it challenging? Rewarding?

Is it even slightly balanced?

And above all, do you enjoy playing it?

This post has been edited by Obeisance: Mar 22 2017, 07:11 PM

--------------------
"The Dragon feeds on our wars. Every dead soldier is another weapon in the hands of our enemy.
While we weaken, Cryx grows stronger." - King Leto Raelthorne
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:56 PM