Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Available pick up game tables
Dust Warrior
post Apr 29 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,681

I saw on TMP that there are only 2 tables available for general wargaming. Is that correct? Do we have to put 'money on the table' to reserve the next game on it? What size are the tables and do we bring our own terrain?

Just curious as I'm hoping to get some games running just before the day but I don't want to run participation games all day. Two tables sounds kind of a small number.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dagorlad
post Apr 30 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,003

QUOTE(Dust Warrior @ Apr 29 2014, 08:34 PM) *

I saw on TMP that there are only 2 tables available for general wargaming. Is that correct? Do we have to put 'money on the table' to reserve the next game on it? What size are the tables and do we bring our own terrain?

Just curious as I'm hoping to get some games running just before the day but I don't want to run participation games all day. Two tables sounds kind of a small number.

I can set up the website to take bookings for a game if you think that's a good idea. With 20+ other tables running games all day, I had doubts that the general wargaming tables will get used. It's something we're trialling this year to see how popular they are and, if they prove a success, we'll expand on them next year.

At this stage I was planning on two 4' x 4' tables and supplying sufficient terrain to make them interesting, but I might be seeking some help from others as I don't have anything in scales other than 28mm.

Do you reckon we need to have more tables? And larger ones? I'm open to suggestions here (and I have to ensure everyone fits in the hall too).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Apr 30 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,681

QUOTE(Dagorlad @ Apr 30 2014, 10:06 PM) *

I can set up the website to take bookings for a game if you think that's a good idea. With 20+ other tables running games all day, I had doubts that the general wargaming tables will get used. It's something we're trialling this year to see how popular they are and, if they prove a success, we'll expand on them next year.

At this stage I was planning on two 4' x 4' tables and supplying sufficient terrain to make them interesting, but I might be seeking some help from others as I don't have anything in scales other than 28mm.

Do you reckon we need to have more tables? And larger ones? I'm open to suggestions here (and I have to ensure everyone fits in the hall too).

I don't have a good guage of numbers because I've never been to one of these things and you are right there are lots of games going already - but I imagine one or two people bust out a boardgame at some point and there are all your spare tables gone. My guess is 4 tables would be a good number.

Most pickup games in a 28mm probably want 6x4 too so the tables may be a bit small; but I don't know how packed in it is going to be already so you may not have room for those sizes. If there are 4 4x4 people could merge two to make a decent size table, and then split them apart if a smaller game needs them.

The terrain probably doesn't need to be much and you may be fine indicating people need to bring their own for those tables - it would be hard to guess what works with any system unless you just put out loads of hills and forests.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 10:58 PM