Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Unit builds not in codex?
giupviecnha
post May 31 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,186

I'm using battle scribe and can put in things like conversion beamers/autocannon dreadnoughts/plas-las razorbacks/etc. but none of this stuff is in the Space Marine Codex. Can I actually use this stuff and is there penalties for doing so?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
VisOne
post Jun 1 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Combat Simian

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 12,758

QUOTE(giupviecnha @ May 31 2019, 07:43 PM) *

I'm using battle scribe and can put in things like conversion beamers/autocannon dreadnoughts/plas-las razorbacks/etc. but none of this stuff is in the Space Marine Codex. Can I actually use this stuff and is there penalties for doing so?

I'm not 100% up on 40K and its most recent codexes and rules etc but my understanding is the following is still true.

Which Data Sheet Rules Should I Use?

While your using a third party application I.E. Battle Scribe the rules as long as the rules are being drawn from a valid publication its still legal and fair to use.

Alternative area that is still valid as far as I know.

Is my index invalid now?

Not at all. Even with the pace we’re planning on releases these new codexes, it’s going to take well over a year to get to all of them. No single codex will cover all the contents of an index book, so you’ll get plenty of use out of all your indexes, don’t worry.

SOURCE

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 1 2019, 08:59 PM

--------------------
What I do: Chef by trade, arsehole by choice; but I play games and build the following when I'm not being either.

Vissy's Threads: Aeldari Done Cordonblue, Tries to Count to Infinity, Bug Hunt Corridors, Takes on Zen Terrain, Haydens Folly Table & Making Terrain on Budget
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Jun 2 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

Some units are drawn from a few different sources such as Forgeworld (https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Warhammer-40-000) or older GW miniatures now out of production (Index rules).

They have allowed all of them in 40K. The straight codex will have the basic Rules for the army with only the units that GW has brought into 8th ed and full plastic sprue production. A Lot of older metal or resin miniatures have not made into the new game but they have left them basic rules in those other source material.

The rules are usually not as powerful for the same points but the special rules have been quickly written in the early times of 8th edition to make sure people could get up and playing in this major edition change.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 03:34 PM