Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fantasy tables at Cancon, What a f###ing travesty and total joke.
6d6
post Feb 1 2018, 06:12 AM
Post #21

Boat Person

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,393

QUOTE(Dark Assassin @ Jan 31 2018, 10:29 AM) *

Sounds like you have 12 months to organise a trip to Canberra to bring your terrain to ensure it doesn't happen again mate since you have taken such an offense and don't want to be seen as just another keyboard warrior. I travel a lot for events, run events, and do what I can for the scene where possible.I have never seen you around or seen you make any contribution to the scene aside from be negative on here. I think it's Time for you to step up or shut up.

Jack. armata_PDT_01.gif

Sure thing mate. I will plan for 12 months to help you fill 2 6x4s worth of terrain. Already said i was a douche and over reacted. Not sure what else i can do. Arc up all you want. I dont give a ######.

--------------------
6th ed Warhammer Fantasy rules rule!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Assassin
post Feb 1 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 5,398

QUOTE(6d6 @ Feb 1 2018, 07:12 AM) *

Sure thing mate. I will plan for 12 months to help you fill 2 6x4s worth of terrain. Already said i was a douche and over reacted. Not sure what else i can do. Arc up all you want. I dont give a ######.

Glad to see your willing to make a positive contribution to the scene! smile.gif

Jack. armata_PDT_01.gif

This post has been edited by Dark Assassin: Feb 1 2018, 10:11 AM

--------------------

2016-2018 Australian ETC Orcs and Goblins
2017 New Zealand invitationals winner
2018 New Zealand invitationals winner
2019 New Zealand ETC

2019 Ninth Age stats:

Orcs and Goblins: 6 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws
CantCon 2019 - 5 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws 3rd/23

Ogre Khans: 18 wins, 9 losses, 1 draw
War at Wyong VII - 2 wins, 0 losses, 1 draw 2nd/18
Vic GT 2019 - 1 win, 4 losses, 0 draws 20th/24
War at Wyong VIII, 2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 4th/16
BIV 2019 (Teams) 4 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 1st/6
War at Wyong X, 2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 2nd/24

+Quote Post
Grimma
post Feb 1 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,561

It's so good to see warhammer nerds squaring off in the forums again. Reminds me of the good old days when these boards were alive with activity. #bringbackthepassion #mandolliesforlife

--------------------
The Man Cavers PLOG Awesome Sauce
+Quote Post
Jimbo81
post Feb 4 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #24

On Parole

Member No.: 5,217

This powderkeg had the potential to escalate but didn’t. Classic effort put in Vs unrealistic expectations.

On my bucket list is hosting a tournament. Massive respect to those who do it - seems to be the same guys giving up their time and energy and where would we be without that?

My tournament idea would be $100 a head, 5am start, 2am finish with proceeds used to fund entertainment throughout the day. It’s a one dayer but we play 6 games.

--------------------
All Blacks Cheat Academy
+Quote Post
Sjwood13
post Feb 4 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 11,614

My tournament idea would be $100 a head, 5am start, 2am finish with proceeds used to fund entertainment throughout the day. It’s a one dayer but we play 6 games.

In

Name: Marathoncon

This post has been edited by Sjwood13: Feb 4 2018, 09:41 AM

--------------------
Currently Organising WHFB Battle in the Vines

Follow me: @sjwood13

Member of the Cessnock Slayers
Member of Newcastle Legion
+Quote Post
Orion_76
post Feb 4 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 14,543

QUOTE(Jimbo81 @ Feb 4 2018, 09:56 AM) *

My tournament idea would be $100 a head, 5am start, 2am finish with proceeds used to fund entertainment throughout the day.

Are we talking hookers and coke?? Coz if so count me da fuq in baby!! I dont care if this event is held at the gates of Mordor, Im in!!! armata_PDT_37.gif

This post has been edited by Orion_76: Feb 4 2018, 11:10 AM

--------------------
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

"Having been on both the giving and receiving end of this lore: if a game of warhammer is in some ways like a game of chess, then a successful death spell feels like the equivalent of throwing a brick at the chess board."
+Quote Post
Dark Assassin
post Feb 4 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 5,398

+1 , can use the coke as outlines for terrain. Your monsters hiding behind a hill and can't be seen by my cannon ?
One second...... *snorts hill outline off* what hill ? tongue.gif

Jack. armata_PDT_01.gif

This post has been edited by Dark Assassin: Feb 4 2018, 03:01 PM

--------------------

2016-2018 Australian ETC Orcs and Goblins
2017 New Zealand invitationals winner
2018 New Zealand invitationals winner
2019 New Zealand ETC

2019 Ninth Age stats:

Orcs and Goblins: 6 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws
CantCon 2019 - 5 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws 3rd/23

Ogre Khans: 18 wins, 9 losses, 1 draw
War at Wyong VII - 2 wins, 0 losses, 1 draw 2nd/18
Vic GT 2019 - 1 win, 4 losses, 0 draws 20th/24
War at Wyong VIII, 2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 4th/16
BIV 2019 (Teams) 4 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 1st/6
War at Wyong X, 2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draws 2nd/24

+Quote Post
chromedog
post Feb 4 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #28

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

The baking soda and Ajax the "coke" was cut with, however, will have you reacting to the purple jubbawubbas over in the opposite corner (or maybe they're on your shoulder, whispering to you about what *that* guy said about your mum ...)*

In years past, Slayers have also volunteered a few tables' worth of terrain (Keiran the fire giant brought it down and carried it back in 2016/17). I expected the call this year and heard nothing ... I put together the "travelling tub of terrain" for this purpose. It used to be a thing for TOs for some games to ask for "pledges" to make up for any shortfalls with terrain.

That said, as someone who HAS both run AND helped out bts in tourneys one or two** times before, and is acutely aware of how much work does go into the provision of terrain for events - when it comes down to it, 2-d representations of terrain is better than nothing - and at the very least, it would all be of a "codified" size, eliminating any issues vis-à-vis outlines and footprints.

Glad the event was a success for you.

*Paranoid delusions and visual hallucinations do sometimes come along for the ride. Often as contraindications due to the add-ons.

** number may be slightly understated.

This post has been edited by chromedog: Feb 6 2018, 11:34 AM

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

+Quote Post
Jimbo81
post Feb 5 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #29

On Parole

coca-cola is a few hundred meters past what I was alluding to - especially since this mythical tournament will likely take place at my house. Beer is probably the hardest I'd go... which is problematic because we want players minds on task and I know the tournament seems to slide past every time I drink and play - perhaps if we make it mandatory for all players to drink a pint per game to ensure level playing field.

The terrain will most definitely ALL be 2D (laminated beer coasters FTW) with some kind of colour chart to indicate the type of terrain piece. Green = forest, blue = lake, grey = ruins, brown = hill.

You get an additional two dispel dice if you immediately skull a pint prior to attempting a dispel.

All disputes to be resolved at the table by the players concerned and any escalation to TO results in a penalty (you must immediately skull a XXXX gold can for every sentence you utter in their presence).

Any player who pukes is disqualified from the tournament.

If your general dies in a challenge, you may instantly recover a wound by winning an arm-wrestling contest against your opponent who has the right to forfeit the arm wrestle if he wishes (but must immediately skull a XXXX gold can). Winning the arm wrestle grants ASF for the subsequent round of the challenge.

Happy to arrange a half-time show to keep up morale depending on the wishes of the attendees (ie: if some people aren't in to it we will divert the funds in to better and more beer). Obviously this would involve an element of cosplay - thinking dark elves or slannesh something - but the khorne lady from KONRAD was pretty amazing...

--------------------
All Blacks Cheat Academy
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Feb 5 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #30

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

Oh god. That sounds awful.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
hmjesus
post Feb 5 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE(Jimbo81 @ Feb 5 2018, 09:42 AM) *

coca-cola is a few hundred meters past what I was alluding to - especially since this mythical tournament will likely take place at my house. Beer is probably the hardest I'd go... which is problematic because we want players minds on task and I know the tournament seems to slide past every time I drink and play - perhaps if we make it mandatory for all players to drink a pint per game to ensure level playing field.

The terrain will most definitely ALL be 2D (laminated beer coasters FTW) with some kind of colour chart to indicate the type of terrain piece. Green = forest, blue = lake, grey = ruins, brown = hill.

You get an additional two dispel dice if you immediately skull a pint prior to attempting a dispel.

All disputes to be resolved at the table by the players concerned and any escalation to TO results in a penalty (you must immediately skull a XXXX gold can for every sentence you utter in their presence).

Any player who pukes is disqualified from the tournament.

If your general dies in a challenge, you may instantly recover a wound by winning an arm-wrestling contest against your opponent who has the right to forfeit the arm wrestle if he wishes (but must immediately skull a XXXX gold can). Winning the arm wrestle grants ASF for the subsequent round of the challenge.

Happy to arrange a half-time show to keep up morale depending on the wishes of the attendees (ie: if some people aren't in to it we will divert the funds in to better and more beer). Obviously this would involve an element of cosplay - thinking dark elves or slannesh something - but the khorne lady from KONRAD was pretty amazing...

Sounds like an AOS tournament

--------------------
WFB: Bretonnians, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs
WMH: Protectorate of Menoth
T9A: Ogre Khans, Kingdoms of Equitaine, Infernal Dwarfs, Clown Dynasties

Creepiest Army: Undying Clown Dynasties - Cancon2018

Check out my battle reports at Gallantry & Gluttony

Druid 2.0: DND5e Druid Wildshape support app.
+Quote Post
Jimbo81
post Feb 5 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #32

On Parole

AOS + BEER? Surely their drink of choice would be milo or fanta or whatever their mother packed them as a part of the sleepover car package which the other player's parents would dispense as an after dinner treat before bedtime at 7:30pm?

--------------------
All Blacks Cheat Academy
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Feb 5 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #33

Tomato
Group Icon

You guys are so insecure, it's really funny.

--------------------

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
hmjesus
post Feb 5 2018, 10:45 AM
Post #34

My joke was in poor taste, I was mostly referring to the fact that AoS was considered a beer and pretzel game when it kicked off.

So we're basically talking about a Jimbo version of Castle Assault?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chromedog
post Feb 5 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #35

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

's zigackly what I was thinking, *hic*

Disqualified if you puke? Soooo many CA DQs in that case. Mr T would be a guaranteed RED card. biggrin.gif (confused the sportsball references)
(Courtesy of the CA handicapping system).

This post has been edited by chromedog: Feb 5 2018, 02:34 PM

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

+Quote Post
Jimbo81
post Feb 5 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #36

On Parole

QUOTE(Arch_Magos_Kasen @ Feb 5 2018, 10:44 AM) *

You guys are so insecure, it's really funny.

I think the game is too complicated (and by "the game" I meant 9th age / WHFB in it's current tournament form - a very different beast to the poor excuse the direction GW went with in the nuking of the universe leaving a skirmish game with limited tactical struggle in its wake). GW were on the nose a LONG time before they did that so good riddance and thanks for the 4th and 5th ed miniatures).

That's why beer-hammer 9th ed is the answer.

Whoever starts a tournament with the intention of competing in way too many phases is at a disadvantage (real or medical). If you're prepared to shoot / magic your way to victory and bore everyone to death while winding down the tournament clock for all concerned, prepare to cop a sanction. No shooting = good. No shooting AND no magic = great. I mean if they're going to charge a bazillion points for WDG armies to compete in 1 phase, and they won't listen to the 300 pages of angry and disillusioned complaints, the community has an obligation to balance the game to accommodate all players. A comp pack for the small council of 9th age rule makers who stopped listening a long time ago.

--------------------
All Blacks Cheat Academy
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Feb 5 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #37

Tomato
Group Icon

the small council of 9th age rule makers who stopped listening a long time ago.

You should write your OWN WHFanficB and call it '10th Age'. And instead of Vampire Counts, you could have, I dunno, Bondage Princes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jimbo81
post Feb 5 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #38

On Parole

...or soulblight or deathwalkers or something else from one of R.L.Stein's Goosebumps series perhaps?

--------------------
All Blacks Cheat Academy
+Quote Post
carinataco
post Sep 27 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #39

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,013

I fail to see what good comes of your post. All you're doing is causing conflict. I see that you're in Brisbane. I am also. I don't know who you are in real life but if you've played any Ninth Age tournaments in Brisbane then it's likely we've met. I'd be happy to discuss this more at the next Tournament in Brisbane where all of the tables have 3d terrain. . Look me up. Lastly, if you dont play any tournaments then why are you even commenting in the first place?

--------------------
+Quote Post
hmjesus
post Sep 28 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(carinataco @ Sep 27 2018, 08:42 AM) *

I fail to see what good comes of your post. All you're doing is causing conflict. I see that you're in Brisbane. I am also. I don't know who you are in real life but if you've played any Ninth Age tournaments in Brisbane then it's likely we've met. I'd be happy to discuss this more at the next Tournament in Brisbane where all of the tables have 3d terrain. . Look me up. Lastly, if you dont play any tournaments then why are you even commenting in the first place?

Flogging a long dead horse here smile.gif If you have a read through the thread he has already apologised and agreed it was out of line.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 04:29 AM