> Club Day - penultimate one, 7 November 2015
b20f08
post Oct 29 2015, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 6,935

At this stage, looking to try out Sails of Glory - Napoleonic naval wargame. Bringing X-Wing for a relax game.

This post has been edited by b20f08: Feb 15 2016, 10:41 AM

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan, Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
"Life without regrets is no life at all" Yip Man
"If you lack technique you lose the freedom to create" Paco de Lucia
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Nov 6 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Tomorrow is still on. I'll be there with X-Wing, a Rapid Fire list for Angus, and possibly Kiss Me Hardy (fun Napoleonic naval wargaming).

Forgot to mention that Issue 5 of Quarterstaff has now been distributed to those club members who are paid members (that I know of). If you want an issue, and you're not a member, buy an annual subscription (it's $5 for four issues in PDF format). PM me for details. Cheers.

EDIT: Oh what the heck. It's the first anniversary, so enjoy. The above will apply next year with the Feb issue. Careful, it's a big file...

This post has been edited by b20f08: Nov 6 2015, 08:42 PM

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan, Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Nov 7 2015, 03:09 PM
Post #3

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Thanks for the game, Angus, and the book. Will return it next month.

Playing hedgerows was interesting. Good win, mate. Like I said, I really need to buy some tanks...maybe even up the odds a bit. Good thing the Stuka kicked into its own towards the end of the game.

Looking to set up a big game of Rapid Fire at the last club meet with the others. Hoping to see all of you for this one. Make it Axis vs Allies or whatever.

The Battle of the Hedgerows
IPB Image
The layout...

IPB Image
My Panzergrenadiers on my right flank are staring at the British force who are about to open up with a MMG in fire support...

IPB Image
My losses started mounting up as the British Shermans pounced from one flank after having disposed of my .222 and scared off the Kubelwagen, demolished the PAK38 and harassed the .88 watching that area....

IPB Image
British losses started to build up as the Stuka got more involved in the latter part of the game.

Excuse the poor quality of pics.

This post has been edited by b20f08: Nov 8 2015, 12:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RAEVSKI
post Nov 8 2015, 06:20 AM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,434

Nice game, I suggest now we have a few games under our belts that we re- evaluate our lists.
Hedge row games are sometimes very tough and brutal. Lots of close range firefights and movement rolls
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Nov 8 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #5

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

QUOTE(RAEVSKI @ Nov 8 2015, 06:20 AM) *

Nice game, I suggest now we have a few games under our belts that we re- evaluate our lists.
Hedge row games are sometimes very tough and brutal. Lots of close range firefights and movement rolls

Yeah. Twas brutal as you say but for different reasons (big gaps between the hedgerows for one).

Are you and Glynn up for a final big game next club meet? Spoke to Simon and Angus yesterday. Should Neil be ready, then it will be three-on-three. Be a good way to finish off the year. armata_PDT_34.gif

EDIT: That's if young Michael can come along too....otherwise it's us against you and Glynn. As for the lists needing updating, the thing is that most of these games have been 150 points. Any alterations to these playing lists should have come from the 300 points pool established at the start. It seems a bit too far into the campaign (which still hasn't a clear objective btw) to start changing the lists. Just my opinion. Waiting on Angus to sign up and he can contribute.

This post has been edited by b20f08: Nov 8 2015, 09:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RAEVSKI
post Nov 8 2015, 11:36 AM
Post #6

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,434

I may have Daniel back.
William may also play if I can get him motivated .
And my wife has a school friend who is a wargamer I am trying to convince him to play along with us.
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Nov 8 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #7

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

QUOTE(RAEVSKI @ Nov 8 2015, 11:36 AM) *

I may have Daniel back.
William may also play if I can get him motivated .
And my wife has a school friend who is a wargamer I am trying to convince him to play along with us.

Apologies...William. If young William is motivated, all the better. If these others can come through, then by all means, make it a monster battle. armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Nov 11 2015, 10:38 AM
Post #8

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Will probably showcase the Kelly's Heroes battle terrain at the next club meet. An idea by Simon which I've been putting together. armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2020 - 05:22 PM