Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pigapaux 2016! 19-20 November. Players Pack is now Live!!, Get ready for a hell of a Fauxking Porking!! *squeeling option
Huwge
post Nov 18 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #41

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 684

awesome sauce!

--------------------
Red Jokers - A Faux Shaux
Are you a Malibro or a Maliho?
Then you should be listening to Australia's favourite Faux Shaux
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Norto
post Nov 20 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 13,414

your awesome sauce!
+Quote Post
Huwge
post Nov 21 2016, 07:34 AM
Post #43

Thanks so much to Pip for flawlessly running my favourite event of the year! Had a blast as usual!

Really liked the story missions. They felt very balanced and not too crazy or hard to remember. You could argue that 3/5 were turf war variants, but that suits me down to the ground. I particularly like that there is no reconnoiter (c'mon GG2017 - get rid of it)!

Terrain was nice on te tables I played, with plenty of blocking, but I noticed there was almost no "area terrain" or blocks of severe. This might have just been my tables though.

Overall i wouldn't change a thing. Love hangin with you Twats and other friends.

Thanks to Mouse for the crash pad too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
thatirwinfella
post Nov 21 2016, 08:16 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 482

QUOTE(Huwge @ Nov 21 2016, 08:34 AM) *

Really liked the story missions. They felt very balanced and not too crazy or hard to remember. You could argue that 3/5 were turf war variants, but that suits me down to the ground. I particularly like that there is no reconnoiter (c'mon GG2017 - get rid of it)!

Pip's got TOing down to a fine art. There's been other story encounters, and the less balanced ones have been weeded out.

Sorry I missed our grudge, we'll have to tee up one next time.

--------------------
Winner of the worst dice award, Rumble in the Bronx 2010
...And convic 2010. Man, I suck at this game.

Backed up with the golden jackalope at twatifaux 2013. Can anyone suggest a new hobby?

<Sigh> ...and Rumble in the Bronx 2013.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
twelve people may make the same decision, but that doesn't mean it is correct.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post
TheTrans
post Nov 21 2016, 08:18 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 13,329

Would also like to thank Pip for organising a top notch tournament at an amazing venue (and the paper used for the score sheets, oh lordy) and my opponents for some solid and sphincter clenching games!

Good to have an event in Geelong to have sort of a 'boys weekend away', was an absolute pearler...although..###### me I can't drink like I used to haha.

Absolutely loved the schemes in no uncertain terms, a lot of them really made you think out side of the box, and it was good to get away from the GG schemes, as they are getting a little stale.

Highlights of the weekend for me, was Mitch killing Mouse's Yasonouri, getting the perfect number of wounds, including flipping a 13, 13, 12 on a double neg damage flip.... tin arse much...

Also a concerning highlight was two of my models cornering the poor piglet and not letting it move for most of the game....by god did it squeel, but there was no Burt Reynolds there to save it...

Over all an absolute blast of a weekend and will certainly be attending next year!!

-Nick

This post has been edited by TheTrans: Nov 21 2016, 08:52 AM
+Quote Post
hainzy
post Nov 21 2016, 10:25 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 5,259

QUOTE(Huwge @ Nov 21 2016, 08:34 AM) *

Thanks so much to Pip for flawlessly running my favourite event of the year! Had a blast as usual!

Terrain was nice on te tables I played, with plenty of blocking, but I noticed there was almost no "area terrain" or blocks of severe. This might have just been my tables though.

Overall i wouldn't change a thing. Love hangin with you Twats and other friends.

Cheers for the feedback Huw. Firstly, it's good that you felt that the story encounters were balanced. That's a big one I always am very conscious of. I agree that 3/5 missions were kinda turf war variants and overall, the encounters were interact heavy.
When putting together the story encounters, I wanted encounters that put pressure on a crews limited supply of AP which I felt forced players to make some very hard choices about how they used the finite AP resources they had. This was reflected in a lot of the scores over the course of the weekend.
I think next year I'll include 1-2 "killy" strory encounters to change it up a bit and get players to focus on something other than interacting to gain VP.
As for the scenery, perhaps one piece one severe terran per table would be a good idea for next year.
Also, I wanted to thank all the players for being so organized and punctual as this allowed us to start and finish on time. As a TO, chasing players is a pain in the d1ck, but, you were all there and ready to go which was a huge part in the event running smoothly. armata_PDT_37.gif
Thank-you everyone for making Pigapaux a blast to run and I already can't wait for Pigapaux 2017!!

Cheers,

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif

This post has been edited by hainzy: Nov 21 2016, 10:27 AM
+Quote Post
Huwge
post Nov 21 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #47

Awesome work Pip!
Agreed about how tricky it was to work out how to use your AP. Sorted the men from the boys!

QUOTE(thatirwinfella @ Nov 21 2016, 07:16 AM) *

Pip's got TOing down to a fine art. There's been other story encounters, and the less balanced ones have been weeded out.

Sorry I missed our grudge, we'll have to tee up one next time.

I'll get you next time gadget! Save them drinkin legs for saturday bight bro 😁

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 05:03 PM