Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pumped and torn
handmadebuffalo
post Jan 4 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,173

Hey, obviously with no forts the flyer game will be a big part of some ppls logic in list building.

I really want to run 4 due to modelling/time retraints on new models/money/having 2yo twins/etc...

Last thing I want is to be that guy... Query is, are 2 dettas and 2 valkyries that unbalanced compared to others lists??? I normally get rolled at 1800 pts or so, and the list has many short comings. I just cannot see how no forts means ppl should ignore the air threat, sure some armies will have less options, but that is a part of list building... It is a rock to some ppls scissors, but also paper to others..

Thoughts? I just want to have fun, last year though I faced 2 maxed farsight bombs and morisolli (sic) won with a beaststar. Pretty torn atm...

Will panel comp make all things even? Any idea on what "volume" to turn it up to? Say 1-10?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 4 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

I would expect this to be terribly unbalanced.

Personally I only have one anti air model. Most ppl will as well judging on the lists that have so far been submitted on the 40k army thread. Some months ago one guy got slammed for talking about taking a storm eagle and a storm raven in the same list.

This has been mighty discouraged. And I suspect that most ppls anti air solutions will be their own flyers

Unfortunately my friend its a sure direction to recieving the "that guy title" IMO

But really its better to play what you are most comfortable with and learn from the experience

--------------------
+Quote Post
D4rKn3sS
post Jan 4 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,798

Let's put it this way, I'm taking a Heldrake in my list and I feel like even that might be a bit much.

The problem with those flyers in particular is that they are strong with shooting, AV12, troop carrier and there are multiples of them. It's not as if you are taking 3 dakkajets that can be shot down by bolters.

I can attest to the fact that, playing against such an army would be an exercise in frustration for me. That would make the game less enjoyable.

I didn't play last year, but I've heard that they are taking into account how powerful lists were and are trying to make that a bit better.

Just my two cents.

--------------------
A child once asked me how I came to be such a cruel and twisted person. I calmly replied that I have the heart of a young boy...in a jar next to his brain.

WITHOUT PIE THERE IS ONLY CHAOS!!!!

People don't realise that Ninjas will inherit the earth. Stupid meek.
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 4 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #4

The only way you will win well with the flyers will be if you make on purpose stupid choices with them and don't shoot at any anti air. But more likely you will be pwned on panel comp.

Comp is scored from 1-5 this year

--------------------
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Jan 4 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #5

I'm running a soul grinder tho for my anti air and that's gonna be just annoying cos they suck for this purpose

--------------------
+Quote Post
mjb
post Jan 4 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #6

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 79

QUOTE(handmadebuffalo @ Jan 4 2015, 07:51 PM) *

......I just cannot see how no forts means ppl should ignore the air threat, sure some armies will have less options, but that is a part of list building... It is a rock to some ppls scissors, but also paper to others..

I'm curious, what sort of lists do you think would be scissors to your paper. You're looking at taking 4 flyers that are heavily armed transports and can become skimmers at the end to claim objectives. Not being able to take an Icarus/quad gun seriously reduces the anti air options to the majority of people, and you are overloading the skies. I truly think you will be slaughtered on Comp and, in all likelihood, savaged on Sports.

Michael

--------------------
Realm of Legends
Shop 2, 190-198 Mt Dandenong Rd, Croydon VIC 3136
(Cnr Mt Dandenong Rd & Civic Square)
Ph. 03 8215 9344
www.realmoflegends.com.au
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2020 - 12:43 PM