Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lets Play Blood Bowl!, All characters are fictional. Any resemplance to wargamers living (or
Waggerz
post May 29 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 6,354

As I enjoyed Ashers brief series of Xcom games I thought I might do the same with Blood Bowl. In no way am I promising to continue this series, but I thought it might be fun for a few games. The way these will work is I will offer a quick summary of the highlights of the game and not a turn by turn description.

I created a brand new Campaign and a brand new Nurgle Chaos team as I have not played them before.

The names are obviously from our section of the forum, but to keep it fair I randomly assigned them. Apparently even when running my own random assignment I still cant roll well so 'Waggerz' never even made the team sad.gif A few other names that are waiting are: Mikey, Fuggorf, Fat D, Skalthrax, Zeta, Saurus and Dark Sun. (Carter read on).

Anyway, introducing:
the WGoL Warriors
IPB Image
Kaos was lucky enough to be the Beast of Nurgle.
Cave and Asher are our Nurgle warriors
Rojo and X (Mr) make up our two pestigors
The rest make up our rotten horde of rotters Zilly, Empire (Guard), Macca, Jay(cee), Random Abuse and Reuben.

It's probably worth noting that I went cheap on the troops so I could afford three team re-rolls. I figured we can buy more friends later.

Game 1 vs Undead
IPB Image

The good news is that because of our poor setup, we got to hire the star player: LORD BORAK THE DESPOILER for the first game. He would b needed to help hold off the str 5 mummies.

We lost the coin flip and had to be the team kicking off and defending the drive. Setup was just an average looking smashy setup. Kaos, Cave and Borak in the middle with Asher on the flank to hold up a flank drive with his Str 4.
IPB Image

The game started off in usual blood bowl style, the recieving team trying to form a cage around the ball carrier and the defending team trying to break the cage.
IPB Image

Soon though we had our newest wgol member be the first with the honor of being knocked out in a game. Jay was punched out by a blitzing Ghoul. Here he is relaxing in the injury box.
IPB Image

However in the same turn that Jay got knocked out, Zilly was KILLED by a Wight named Steffan the Stern!!!
IPB Image
IPB Image

It's not all bad news for zilly though, because the Undead have a special rule to turn dead players into Zombies when they are killed mid game. Therefore I am most upset to tell you that Zilly will continue to play on in the Undead team!!! (grrr!!! booo!!!!) Apparently though she gets a mowhawk when she is dead so that's cool.
IPB Image

After Zilly was killed, X managed to knock the ball carrier off his feet and send the ball bouncing around the cage. 5 players failed to catch it and it settled somewhere on the edge.

Macca also gave a zombie a low blow sending them to the injury box with a 'Groin strain'. However the zombie made his regeneration save and was put onto the bench, ready for next drive. Not having a groin to strain probably also helped.

Empire managed to fail a 3+ ball pickup roll twice after using a re-roll.

Random Abuse causes a quick turnover when an attacking undead managed to get double 'attacker down' result.

In an act of revenge, our star player Borak got a little bit mad about Zilly and killed a ghoul when it tried to punch him in the face. Two dead players in the game already and it was only the first half!
IPB Image

Cave, Empire and X all block one singl ghoul standing near the ball. Not one of them managed to knock him over but they did push him off the ball, letting Random abuse sweep in to finally pick up the ball! A wight blitzed around the pack of defenders and tried to punch Random Abuse, but he was having none of it and smacked the Wight down without losing his ball.

Now alone with the ball, Random abuse made a break for the end zone covered by X, Macca and Cave. Cave though fell on his face after trying to run an extra square sad.gif

It didn't matter though because the way was clear. First goal to the WGoL warriors. Random Abuse scoring for the team! Just in time for the first half to end.
IPB Image

2nd half to come! (there will be blood)

This post has been edited by Waggerz: May 29 2013, 09:11 PM

--------------------
If a tech priest goes to ground against telsa weapons, does he take no damage?

40K Arbites Army (current) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132589
40K Praetorian Guard (on hold) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116546
Alpha Legion (complete) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71055
Tables from Trash - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130746
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Waggerz
post May 29 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #2

2nd Half!

On the kickoff, Empire managed to catch the ball on the far right flank (Good work Matt!) while X and Random abuse run off down field to clear the way. The following turn they nanaged to use a combo of blocks to push the wight that killed zilly off into the crowd (where he was stomped but not killed sad.gif)!
IPB Image

Reuben also tried to wander over to help Empire but fell over his own feet when moving an extra square (cmon guys, it's a 2+ roll!!!).

With the flank mostly secure, Empire makes his way down the sideline. The undead can not break the contain setup by the team to keep the undead busy. Surprisingly a Wight manages to knock down Kaos who had been having a staring match with both wights for most of the game so far. The worst for Kaos was yet to come though...

Trusting the protection of his team, Empire stood an extra turn on the line for the end zone to run down the clock. The more time wasted scoring was less time the undead could use to get another one back. Unfortunately this left Kaos surrounded by undead, but as a tough Beast of nurgle thats not a worry right?

WRONG!

A ghould with some assistance got a one dice blocthat resulted in a 'both down'result. Both the zombie and Kaos then fail their armor saves. Kaos is KILLED and the zombie gets another groin strain. Once again though the zombie is healed by his regeneration, while Kaos fails his regeneration and remains dead!
IPB Image

With Koas dead, the flood gates were open and the undead raced down to try and stop Emoire from scoring. Suddenly in fear of his life, Empire runs into the endzone to score.
IPB Image

2 - 0 but at what cost!?!?

As the teams setup again, the wgol warriors just want to defend and stay alive. The front defending line is quickly knocked over by the str 5 mummies and asher is surrounded. Asher tries to run, but doesnt get far...
IPB Image

Macca and X run up the flank to try slow down the ball carrier. X starts by blitzing his Wight protector. (queue action shot)
IPB Image

Having succeeded in slowing down the ghoul with the ball, the clock runs out with a final failed pass by the undead. The ball landing right next to the ghouls feet.
IPB Image

WGOL WARRIORS WIN but with two dead players including their beast of nurgle.

Aftermath
For winning, we get 20000GP. I think this is the minimum sad.gif
The undead get 40000GP bah!!!!
IPB Image

MVP for Wgol is Random Abuse! Who also got enough points to go up to lvl 2 where he picked up 'Block'.
IPB Image

Lastly we hired a new rotting corpse to protect zilly. Cater won the roll of to be next name picked smile.gif

Game 2 will be against amazons!!

--------------------

40K Arbites Army (current) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132589
40K Praetorian Guard (on hold) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116546
Alpha Legion (complete) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71055
+Quote Post
Asher
post May 30 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,860

I'm Participating!

--------------------
Things my Red Terror has Swallowed Whole: A Mentors Librarian, a Fire Warrior Sash'Ui. Total Points: 109 (so far...)

"Leapin' and Hoppin' on a Warpshadow" - Mah Nids
The Swordwind Rises! - Biel Tan. All Aspects. All the time.
"Before seeking Victory, first make yourself Invulnerable to defeat" - Sneaky sneaky Raptors
+Quote Post
RandomAbuse
post May 30 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Do or do not
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 6,895

woo go virtual me!

--------------------
QUOTE(rogal_dorn @ Dec 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
You may think this will fix it Dent, but I'll put my faith in Batforik.

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jun 12 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Pick up RandomAbuse.

(man, I should use a different phrase for that)
+Quote Post
skalathrax
post May 30 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,068

needs more norse
also players named after wgol members (ME!)

otherwise i approve of this thread

--------------------
Remember, there is no "I'm internally bleeding and urgently need to see a doctor" in team
+Quote Post
RandomAbuse
post Jun 10 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Do or do not
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 6,895

updates!?!

--------------------
QUOTE(rogal_dorn @ Dec 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
You may think this will fix it Dent, but I'll put my faith in Batforik.

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jun 12 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Pick up RandomAbuse.

(man, I should use a different phrase for that)
+Quote Post
Waggerz
post Sep 11 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #7

Finally game 2!!

WGOL WARRIORS vs AMAZONS

IPB Image

Being down a player still from last round we had a lot of cash to spend on inducements.
IPB Image

Lord Borak joins us as a star player! Plus an extra re-roll.

Amazons kicked off:
IPB Image

BUT disaster before the ball hits the ground!! The crowd invades the pitch! The amazons have 8 players knocked to the ground or stunned. Only Carter on the far left flank gets knocked over for the Wgol Warriors.
IPB Image
IPB Image

This left the pitch open for the wgol warriors to move up the field freely.

X grabs the ball. some amazons were shoved.

In the amazon turn, a girl picks herself up and fails to dodge towards the ball causing an imadiate turn over.
IPB Image

So the Wgol warriors keep wandering up witht he ball smile.gif

This is easy.

In the Amazon turn all the girls actually get up before the last girl tries to dodge and fails again. At this stage the "foul appearance" skill is probably going to pay off.
IPB Image

Now that the girsl are standing up, WGoL gets to throw a few punches.

Rojo charges off next to the ball and smashes an amazon catcher in the leg, causing a fractured leg injury (Miss next game).
IPB Image

As the new guy on the team, Carter decides to punch one girl and ends up on his face... turnover...

Amazons fail another didge quickly and let the Wgol Warriors move the ball all the way to the end zone! In the mean time, Cave shoves a blitzer off the pitch and into the crowd.
IPB Image

TOUCHDOWN for X!!!
IPB Image

X decides to take the kick off and kicks a perfect kick down field all the way to land on the back line! He was aiming for the middle of the field... but whatever, it all worked out!

Amazons again start their turn with dodging and fall on their face...
IPB Image

Not much happens and that's half time!!

At the start of the second half, the Amazons pick up the ball andform a tight cage around the ball. The turnover was caused by the last girl falling over trying to join them.
IPB Image

Lord borak blitzes into the moddle of them to slow them down!
IPB Image

This scares the Amazons enough to re-form the cage in the middle of the field.
IPB Image

A turnover is caused when a linewoman rolls both down against Carter. It is the same one carter rolled both down on earlier. They have spent most of the game going down on each other......

Amazons manage to run a girl down field and try to pass the ball but it fails due to the disturbing presence of Cave!
IPB Image

Nurgle surrounds the ball, but Jay stuffs up a block and falls on his face before Empire can try to pick it up.
IPB Image

Amazons push ovr Cave and try to pick up the ball but fail causing yet another quick turnover.

Lord Borak gets tired of being away from the ball and decides to punch out a lineswoman. Causing a permanent loss of movement.
IPB Image
Reuben pushes a linewoman off the field causing a KO. Carter 1 dice punches that lineswoman that has been going both down causing a stun.

At this stage, Rojo cops a punch to the face and gets knocked out. He goes back to the duggout for a rest.

In revenge, Wgol punches out some more girls and Empire picks up the ball!! Carter falls on his arse trying to protect empire causing a turnover.
IPB Image

Amazons try a desperate 1 die block against Cave and go both down, causing another turn over.

This leave Empire free to rundown the field for a touchdown!!
IPB Image

The teams line up again with not much time left on the clock.

Cave is KO'd before he can move...

In the final turn, WGoL look to do as much damage as possible, some girls are knocked down and Empire runs over to stick the boot in and foul a amazon on the ground…
IPB Image
The amazon is only stunned.

Game over!

2 - 0 WIN for the WGoL Warriors!!!!!!

MVP for our team is X

Both X and Empire level up from scoring touchdowns.

X gains some nasty mutation claws
IPB Image

Empire gains block!

Next game against Orcs!! eep....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 12:10 PM