Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Sep 12 2016, 04:46 AM
Post #101

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

IPB Image
Merc 6: Plan is go, kill the Stalker, control Ghetto.
Hill Warden gets fully loaded, Centre Agitator moves up and Instigates.
That Warden charges the Stalker, he's still quite damaged and I need 9's to hit, so I boost all the initial attack rolls. I miss the charge attack, so I then need to roll relatively well on my other initials. I don't alas, so the salvageable situation is now looking a great deal harder. Thexus hits Ghetto with the Boosted Rampager at least, I send him walking backward where he swings on the Sentry Stone. Cranks the roll, but sadly leaves it on one box. If only he'd Warped Strength the turn before....
Thexus then bobs across to the right.
The right side Agitator charged a Shifting Stone, for the sake of contesting, predictably bounces off.

IPB Image
Circle 6: The awkward "Please check the killbox moment". Thankfully my model moving across angle is on point and I don't throw the game away.
The Stalker walks around, casually murders his failed Warden assassin.
Kaya goes to the Circle flag.
The Manikins easily clear off the Agitator on my flag.
Ghetorix runs back toward my flag.

Mercs: 2 CP
Circle: Up to 3 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 7: I decide its time to try assassinating, I'm losing out on the scoring side and just don't have the contesting pieces.
Kaya is camping two focus, took three points from the Hex Blast that killed the Wayfarer half an hour before. Unyielding and High defence are significant factors.
I need to maximise attacks and get a knock down, key point being that I have to move the Stalker to just the right position for the follow up from the Warden slam to get the Monstrosity in melee range after the Follow Up move.
I give three focus to the Warden, the damaging for focus normal mode isn't workable when I need to both maximise attacks and he has only a thin layer of Brain/Movement.
Thexus successfully charges an enemy model, being the Shifting Stone on the flag. It felt so wrong. He actually kills it to.

I boost a Rampager into the back of the Stalker, need a boosted 6 and I have a shot.
Dice throw down.

It's a 2.

And a 2.

And a 1. I miss.

Where's the paddle Thexus? WHERE'S THE GOD DAMN PADDLE?
Alas, it's time to jump into the Creek and see what Happens.
The Warden Slams the Stalker, hits the boosted Slam, kills the Wilder in the Process, follows up, engages Kaya. I can't kill her, so settle for finishing off the Stalker.
The only other models I have are the last Kayazy and her boss, they run across to contest my flag. The Dominator falls shy of contesting range.

No CP's for anyone.

IPB Image
Circle 7: Ghetto warps Murderous, kills the Elminator. Kaya runs, sends the freestrike hit to Ghetto, goes to my flag and scores the final CP's for the win.

End clocks were me with 9 minutes to 6 and a half. Without the clock extension Circle clocked out when I had about ten minutes, though in that situation it's unlikely, Etavir plays notably more efficiently than I do under clock pressure, that 15 minutes gets streeeeeeeetched.

I think this is now my favourite Mark 3 game (Alas game 19, you have fallen), was a gloriously long epic. Half a turn shy of my longest game.

Definitely better plays on the Circle end, should have killed Ghetto over Laris and put said fella into the Sentry Stone on the Primal turn, the output that unit got throughout the game was far in excess of its point value.

Nice to have a local tourney outside the Biannual extravaganzas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #102

Beginning of the week rumble tumbles!

Its the taking-a-point-too-seriously list:

Durgen1 - Drillerx2, Blaster x2, Gunner x3, Thor, Aiyanna + Holt, Reinholdt, 2x Crawlers
Objective: Bunker

Nominally paired with sweet Thexus Monstrosityhood.

Into Adrak with the dragon of superior servantage (Fluffwise at any rate, read Venny's novella and tell me otherwise with a straight face).

Lylth1 - Scythean, Ravagore, Naga, Bolt Thrower, Angelius, 2x Shepherd, 2x Death Stalkers, Hex hunters + Bayal

HA! KILL MY INFANTRY NOW DEATHSTALKERS!
#NoBitterMemories

I'm expecting Lylth will have to be afraid of the assassination, limits herself to one spell a turn, starting with Pursuit on a Crawler or Durgen, then Parasties a turn. The Scythean doesn't read as a huge concern, both lists can likely delete a heavy a turn, so we'll see how that goes. Hex Hunters are snooze buttons for the short explodium man.

Scenario is Recon, which ended up being played on every table this game night. Weird.

Terrain wise, one flag has a couple trenches, got some scattered hills, most relevant is one side has a safety forest, the other has a cloud that'll annoy just me.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I win the roll, pick first.
Nothing exciting to see here, bases with Brine/Snapjaw are the Crawlers, otherwise roughly symmetrical Dwarfen engineering lump in the middle.

IPB Image
Legion Deploy: Lylth plonks down on the side with the safety forest, the correct choice.
Death Stalkers go out left, Hex Hunters out right.
Black Undercoat is the Scythean, painted lizard evil thing is the Ravagore.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff runs forward, Force Field might be relevant. Unless he shoots one of the four Def 9 models, but whatever.
The Blasters Emigrate toward the right, land of the Hex Hunters.

IPB Image
Legion 1: Lylth goes into the forest, gives herself Snipe, shoots the right Crawler and Parasites it.
The Battlegroup runs up, Angel goes to the back of the trenches, Ravagore in the trees, Scythean behind the Bunker.
One Shepherd runs into the trench, as does a Deathstalker. The other Deathstalker goes camera shy and hides behind that Obstruction on the left.
The Hex Hunters spread out in two rough lines.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:35 PM
Post #103

IPB Image
Merc 2: Lylth is about an inch and half out of Durgen walking up and killing her, so sadness.
The weigh up this turn is if I bother to feat. I decide not to, I really want the feat to threaten the assassination and probably don't need it to kill what I want this turn.
First up is the right Parasited Crawler, who charges a Hex Hunter, Bull Dozing one of them to get into position. Then opens up, kills six of them. The Blast on that side then advances and polishes off another two, leaving Bayal and two chumps. Lovely.
The next target is whatever Heavy is nearest, pans out as the Scythean. I measure out the Angels charge range, don't want it to come in and wreck my face. Though really I only care about the Crawler on that end, a couple Gunners for an Angel would be fine.
The Gunners form a wall in front of Durgen in the zone, between them and the left Brine Crawler they do a fair whack. Durgen then toddles up behind, does a pair of armour piercing shots to finish Scythe mo off.
Drillers run around, one goes up in the zone, the other tries to shield Reinholdt from the Deathstalkers.
The Cloud goes away at the end of my turn.

IPB Image
Legion 2: Lylth keeps the Parasite going, she wonders back behind the forest of safety. The Ravagore and Bolt Thrower smack up the Snapawler, it then gets finished up by Bayal and a Hex Hunter, the other remaining Hexer goes into the Driller in the zone.
The Left most Deathstalker runs into my backfield, is not in the pic. Other Stalker runs into the back corner of the trench.
Angel runs far left, a Shepherd follows behind for some herding.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Legion has run up and threatened a melee strike, so it's keep the distance and keep killing stuff.
The Gunners walk leftward, they ding the Angel somewhat. The left Crawler moves across, rolls a 7 on every mini-gun round but lands the AoE's and kills it, freeing Durgen to ding the enemy Objective for a few points.
Holt and the right Blaster clear off the Hex Hunters.
Left Blaster moves up and finishes off the circling around Deathstalker.
Drillers run to hide Durgen.

IPB Image
Legion 3: Shepherd runs into the trench, Deatahstalker walks into the zone.
The beasts hang back, alongside Lylth most wander into the forest, they all shoot the right Driller and Parasite him, remove his legs and left arm.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Reinholdt walks across, misread Spyglass so waste his activation. Dangit.
Gunners advance and do some shots, killing the Deathstalker. Durgen finishes off the objective, stays toeing the back left of the zone. healthy Driller sits in front of him.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

IPB Image
Legion 4: Beasts all toe the zone, bar the Naga who walks into it. They all shoot down the Prasites Driller, Lylth walks over to the hill and kill Aiyanna.

IPB Image
Merc 5: Gunners kill Naga, Crawler runs and bulldozes the other contesting beasts out. Cruise to a scenario win.

IPB Image
Me on the right.

Huh. That was a lot more conclusive than expected. Mayhap I over value Pursuit? lot of Xekaar players around here, rarely see it cast. Strong Gunline bad for Lylth1 here, Durgen doing double tap Armour Piercing has cropped up every game to great effect. Reinholdt with him is probably my immediate image of face rolling across the table.

Crawlers. Sadly still good. Playing this list is just convincing me to line up purchasing two of them, so this experiment has blown up in my face excellently.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #104

Jac the Shorn glides in on oiled rails, throws down the boys who are blue.

It's a nominal pair of Gunnbjorn and Jarl. Yeah, Durgen into that seems just dumb.

Thexus1 - 3xWreckers, 3x Wardens, Subduer, 3x Agitators, 2x Eliminators + Dominators
Objective: Stockpile

Of the Leto chumps, its I-now-have-a-feat.

Gunnbjorn1 - Mountain King, Dozer and Smiggles, Bomber, Krielstone w/UA, Bushwackers + Mortar thing
Objective: Bumker

Scenario is. Recon, why change a good thing?

I lose the roll, Trolls nab first. I take the side that doesn't have a couple forests which would be irritating to deal with.

IPB Image
Troll 1: Bushwhacks out left get Snipe, try an AoE with the mortar that doesn't get the fortuitous bounce. Bomber/Dozer Smiggles move up to the left top of the zone, Mountain King on the right. Gunny and Stones hang out the back.

IPB Image
Merc 1: The stabbing happens, only one TK as for once Decel is worth casting. Thexus goes behind the wall camping 1, I put three Monstrosities in Sac Pawn range just in case.

IPB Image
Troll 2: Gunnbjorn moves up, Farstrikes, does a boosted shot on a Wrecker, nab a focus and Hyper Aggressive forward.
Left wise, Bushwhackers do CRA's, roll terrible damage, so I only get one focus and Hyper Aggressive move before they Bushwhack back.
The various Warbeasts all move up a bit and do shots, Wreckers get some focus, central one moves up to the Cover.

No photo, basically I run the central Warden up, rolled it out and landed the TK on Gunny, pull him forward, can get two Wreckers with max focus, backstrike, Instigate and free charges on a two camper so we call it.

Cephalyx>Trolls assuming equitable skill. Do want a couple games into Madrak 2, think it ends similar to this. With feat and TK Madrak gets pulled four inches away from other models, even if they start base to base, Wreckers go in and nom.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #105

The last one being a bit swift, quickly broke out the other half of our list pairs for another round.

Return of Crawlfest:
Durgen1 - Drillerx2, Blaster x2, Gunner x3, Thor, Aiyanna + Holt, Reinholdt

Into the cloudiest of troll pew pew peeps:
Jarl1 - Dozer and Smiggs, Bomber, War Wagon, Horthol, 2x Long Riders

Recon's good. Let's stick with that.

I won the roll, picked first, the better side is reversed as the Trolls take Trench side. Also moving sides is hard. Well, effort anyway.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: It's a block! The Obstructions look....painful...to get the Crawlers around. I'll have to wait out the cloud feat.

IPB Image
Troll Deploy: Monstrosities are standing in for one unit of Tuffalo.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stuff runs forward, the Blasters are unlikely to be super useful so they go out on the side of each Crawler.
I write "MAGIC BULLET" on a bunch of tokens in front of me so that I keep all the support out of range of the stupid thing. Durgen will have to camp at least three each turn just in case Bullet and some random pot shots spike rolls. Dead warnoun is saddest warnoun. Except Constance. She's saddest when she is on the board.
Durgen puts up Force Field, Doz+Smig/Bomber making it worthwhile. I miss rough terraining the world....

Troll 1: Picless alas. Left Monstros-riders get Quicken, right unit receives Weald Secrets, they each leg it for a flank.
Jarl wanders up to the Troll objective, feats, throws down a long wall of clouds across the guts of the board. Beasts wander up with him. Horthol hangs around in the trench.
Wagon moves up and through the forests.

IPB Image
Merc 2: CLoud wall stops me going for the Beasts, Riders are spaced to far away. Only target is the War Wagon, so plan is move up, brick, kill the Battle Engine.
The Gunners and Right Crawler both move up, making sure to be outside of Quickened Tuffalo range. They shoot the Engine down to 1 box.
Durgen moves up, I forgo Reinholdting as I'll get one Reload before Magic Bullet death on the Gobber, would rather that was on my feat turn. A single Armour Piercer shot is enough.
Left Crawler runs awkwardly between the wall and my Objective, Blasters both run to be behind each Obstruction.
Squishy support hangs back out of Magic Bullet death.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #106

IPB Image
Troll 2: Long Riders contemplate some self slamming and trying shots on Durgen. That plan is thankfully vetoed thanks to Force Field and a reasonable camp.
Jarl, Horthol and the Swamp Gobbers all hang back.
The Bomber and DozSmig kill the nearest Driller. Ouch.
The Tuffalos both run up either flank, Mons-unit still has Quicken. One grunt from each unit engages the Blaster on the relevant flank.

IPB Image
Merc 3: I have to feat and clear out as many Tuffalo as I can.
Learning from my previous Durgenning, Aiyanna moves to the right and applies Harm first. Holt then kills a member of the unit.
Reinholdt prepares to die, moves up and Reloads. Durgen then feats, walks back, takes both shots to kill one the Monstrosallo's.
Right Crawler moves around, can't get to engagement range for his melee attack due to the Blaster alas. He then kills two of the Tuffalo, his Gatling Gun finishing off when they make tough rolls.
Two Gunners move across and kill the last unengaged Tuffalo on the right unit, Blaster uses Gunfighter put the final fella on four boxes.
Left Crawler Bulldozes the engager, can't quite get it out of melee range of the Blaster, but makes space to move properly behind the wall. Then shoots down two Quickened Tuffalo.
That Blaster takes the Freestrike, takes damage but keeps all systems, goes up and sprays down the Swamp Gobbers.
Driller moves to be in front of objective, in Red Line range of the opposing objective but out of the Troll Heavy threat range.

Happy with that, killing seven of the Tuffalos was above expectations.

IPB Image
Troll 3: Left Long Riders go into that sides Crawler, hit it lightly. Right one stabs the right Blaster for a bit.
Horthol charges the forward Blaster, knocks him down and strips off the head.
The Heavies have a go at shooting the Driller, they don't repeat their last turn's efforts, doing damage but not removing anything important.
Jarl walks out, tries to shoot Reinholdt. Hits, but fails to kill him. Does another shot, hits and kills, side steps into the forest.

Theory was that Jarl would threaten scoring the right flag, not a move I agree with because....

IPB Image
Merc 4: ...Jarl is now going to die.
Gunner runs up to within two inches, back one Slams, I get the distance, Trolls concede.
Jarl is camping 2, it'd be a Gunner, Durgen, at minimum the AoE's of the Crawlers (Bulldoze to clear off the engaging models), probably at least the left Crawlers gatling, then the Red Lined Driller with a focus to round it off.

Will probably play this list less now, Cancon comes up in January, Iron Gauntlet needs a third list and now I own Drillers Gorten has to be reconfigured a little bit. Currently thinking Gorten, Thexus and...um...Bart?
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #107

This game is out of order, as I wrote it up then didn't notice that I forgot to post it....

Joltness!

The plan had been to roll a dice for the list I was using at the Journeyman league this weekend and give it a quick whirl, then I was lazy and just plonked down the current Craelxperiment.

Durgen1 - Drillerx2, Blaster x2, Gunner x3, Thor, Aiyanna + Holt, Reinholdt

First game into Treeman, with a renewal of an old nightmare:
Goreshade2 - Harrower? (Crabjack with an AoE), 2x Shooty Nodes, Bane Cav, Bane Knights, 2x Bane Warriors (Min) + UA, 9x Scrap Thralls

Three flags trots out.

Beforehand, this looked like an interesting stress test for just how many infantry models I can kill. Table is forest heavy, so wiping out units will be difficult.

I lose the roll and get given first. My table has an ok hill, shallow water near the centre and a forest irritant on the right. Opposing that the Cryx side has three forests before the mid line, with a lovely hill (I was essentially given first to deny me the juicy hill).

Basic plan is somewhat simple, Durgen holds the middle while the Crawlers activate their flanking specialty for the far out flags. Intent this time is to not drift the Drillers out of Durgens control area again....

My deployment is extremely symmetrical. Matchups pan up as Bane Cav on the left opposite one crawler, Knights, Harrower and Warriors in the centre across from Durgen/Jacks, another Bane Warrior unit across from the right Crawler.

Terrain does nothing for me here, its ghostly as far as the eye can see. Happily the Bane Warrior UA recursion isn't going to do squat.

IPB Image
Merc 1:Force Field/Redline on a Driller, everything moves up. Skarath/Commodore Cannon serving as literal paper weights.

IPB Image
Cryx 1: Banes upon Banes run forward, the Knights get Occultation, Goreshade goes behind the Jack on the hill (Happened after the pic). Two of the Bane cav stick behind the left side forest, they recieve Mirage.

The nodes divide a flank between them and also hide behind the forests.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I really want to kill the Bane Cav, but even if the Left/Snakey Crawler moves as far to the left as he can at best I leave one Cav man (Well, necromantically powered corpse man thing) alive.

It's feat turn with the goal of killing all the Bane Knights and anything that can reasonably threaten the Crawlers next turn. Feated back models can't attack, which'll leave me some tricky thinking and spray placement to clear stuff off, but if enough stuff lives Durgen should be able to turn the tide again.

The Gunner wall advances first to make space for Gorten, they ping the Harrower, doing some damage and setting him on fire.

Durgen then advances after the reload, key thing is he's the model I need to kill the trio of Knights on the far left of the unit, who are hidden from the Crawler by the forest of inconvenience. I stupidly centre it on the nearest model, him being the one in range, when I should have targeted the out of range guy behind him. In any event, I feat and my scatters are bad enough to make it irrelevant. Durgen clears off three Knights in the centre, but completely fails to get the relevant models.

I had a moment here, then decided I needed to kill as many knights and cav as possible to blunt the Cryx strike next turn.

The Drillers move up, Thor repairs the Red Lined one, one Blaster hangs back for clearing out duty, the other advances, hits a Knight but fails to kill it.

On the left, Aiyanna/Holt harm the Bane Cav and kill one, they end up hitting a slab on the hill.

The left Crawler moves to barely contest, shoots down the other two visible Cav courtesy of Durgens feats. Those AoE attacks are very reliable on Durgens feat turn. Well....on that one anyway...

The Cannon/Right side Crawler also goes to contest range, kills the two Banes Warriors in charge range, along the way Crit Staggering a Knight. I like Crit Stagger in that when it goes off, I don't generally have to care if it doesn't break the infantry's armour on the blast.

Well, it was....somewhat of a feat turn? Killed the three easily available Bane cav, the two remaining will get to go into the Crawler, my expectation is they'll take off half its health, which is fine.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Fire knocks off the Harrowers Gun and kills a Bane Knight. Successful Field Marshalling! Only took three games!

Logajon decides to charge his Banes in, then feat pop back stuff around in engagement positions. My models squeak in fear, for with one exception they are not men.

On the right, the Warrior unit there runs forward, two engage the Cannon Crawler and that's pretty much that.

Centre wise, the Knights slam into the Gunners, they all roll well enough to take out the Cortexes of the left and right examples. The Harrower follows up behind them and goes to the flag. Behind him the Warrior Reserves march up.

Up back, Goreshade moves up, feats back the Knights, Cav and one Warrior. One Crap Thrall was out of Control and remains, meaning my feat turn resulted in a net.....two kills? Three? A necessary but lame exercise. Shademan then puts Occultation on himself and arcs Curse of Shadows at the left/hands-off Crawler, rolls to hit, gets 1.....and a 2. Damn you defence 9.

On the left, the Bane Cav then charge in and put the Snakawler on 1 box. NOT IN THE PLAN.

The Various feated back models are placed jammed well and truly around my centre block.

I wasn't to confident of doing well at this point....
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 14 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #108

IPB Image
Merc 3: The priorities are simple, re-kill as many Cav and Knights as possible, score on the side flags.
If ever there was a time for Ground Zero, this was it. Except I couldn't do it without killing most of my own junk, so I was saved from that indignity.
Both Drillers get an additional focus, Redline is upkept, Force Field is dropped like a bad habit. Well, not really, most bad habits are actually hard to get rid of, addiction is a severe thing.
Easy activation first, the right Crawler Bulldozes Bane Warriors into the right spots, then opens up. One Warrior is Bulldozed behind, far enough away that he doesn't matter for contesting. I roll max shots on the Gatling Gun. I then roll awfully and kill two of the five Warriors I needed. Land Submarine fail.
The right most Gunner shuffles across, then gets thrown directly away by the Red Lined Driller. This kill three clumped up Knights and smears the Gunner across the Harrower. This then allows the forward most Blaster to move up and kill the Warriors the Crawler failed to deal with.
Aiyanna Harms the Cav, Holt goes Berserk, killing two Knights and one of the cav.
Thor shuffles around and tries a beleaguered stab for nought. The back Blaster then aims and kills two more Knights.
The Left Snakler goes, Bulldozes the engaging Bane Cav mostly on the hill and moves to the left flag, though sadly can't get in to engage the arc node sitting on the flag. It spins around, kills one of the hill Cav, does an AoE on the Cav chump in the centre forest, blowing up him and a couple other Banes in glorious fashion.
Two Bane Cav where left, one on the hill, on engaging the left Driller.
I ran Reinholdt to a specific spot south of the hill, allowing the Driller to throw the Bane Cav at his fellow without hitting Aiyanna/Holt. Neither died, but they were knocked down now.
Durgen needed to get away from the Harrower anyway, so he falls back and buys melee attacks to kill those last Bane Cav.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

I only scored once, but otherwise this was an amazing turn for me. I've lost a Gunner and have a one Box Crawler, but the Cryx army is now looking very lean.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Fire goes out on the Harrower, sadness.
The Node on the left aims at the giant chunk of Dwarfen Metal. Represented by a bit of Card and a Snake. Hits with ease, boosts the damage roll and kills it.
The Centre Banes charge around, dinging the Red Lined Driller, killing the Gunners and taking out the forward Blasters Cortex.
The Harrower then charged into the water and easily killed the Red Lined Driller.
On the far right the last Bane Warrior on that flank walks into contesting range and does three points to the Cannawler.

Cryx levels the score at 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 4: The path to victory is very clear, try to kill every model bar Goreshade, stay out of assassination range.
Aiyanna/Holt/Thor/back Blaster all clear out the centre Banes. Well, Thor fired his flamethrower, he misses all three aimed attacks, so lets just say he gets the participation award and not the medal.
Now freed up, the Driller with a full focus load charges the Node on the left flag and polishes it off with his.
On the right, Crawlererer Bulldozes the Bane Warrior, shoots him down then combined with the damaged Blaster cranks out the 8's to hit to knock the Arc Node system off the remaining Bone Jack.
Lastly, Durgen backs up, does two Armour Piercing Shots to kill the Harrower. Marvelous.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

I'm out of range of any spell assassination, the best Cryx can do is contest one flag and make me face roll another turn without needing to do anything, so that's game.

Few errors here in hindsight:
-Probably ran the Drillers to far forward top of 2. They were fine, but looking at it in hindsight there's a possible Cryx play of run Arc Node, do the Place Spell, send the Harrower into it.
-Straight up forgot about Reinholdt stripping Stealth. The assassination isn't viable unless the Crawlers are in range which looks untenable, but there you go.
-I was weighing up if my feat timing was correct, going with yes. Gun fighter on the jammed up turn would have been nice, but weighed up against the Bane Cav getting more charges into the left Crawler or that sides Driller means I think I erred on the correct side

Three flags is selling me on two Crawlers, but weirdly makes having one distasteful. Will need to try the more compressed scenarios, but if I had half a pairing weak to spread out zones this wouldn't be terrible.

Contemplating a double Crawler Magnus 2 list as well, with a support battlegroup letting him just throw out Calamity on junk.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 19 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #109

The Slamless streak continues alas, got a local tourney coming up though so looking forward to that.

The quest to work out a third list for Iron Gauntlet is begun!

Throwing down Bart, at some point I'd like to try the Talon spam iteration but that would involve having a stack of Talon's that I presently lack, soit's to the good old standby:

Bart1 - Galleon, 3x Nomad, Commodore Cannon, Rockbottom, Devil's Shadow, Taryn, Reinholdt
Objective: Stockpile

It's a point short, which causes my withered heart to spam in irritation.

Into Garriet Jones, wielding one of the boggie men (Though not into my specific list)

Madrak2 - Mauler, Earthborn, Krield Warriors, Fennblades w/hulk and drummer boy, Tuffalo's, Fell Crawler Hero, Stone Scribe, Stones w/UA

Our old favourite Recon once more! Trench and an Obstruction in the guts of the zone,forests, clouds and some rubble (Repped by an old wreck marker) around them.

My phone, in conspiracy with some concrete, decided it had done enough in this electronic lifetime, so enjoy stand in potato pics!

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: Won the roll, picked first. Want to get up the board and try to deny that central Trench and Obstruction. Also lets me feat better for scenario.

Galleon does the old "I'm the model with pathfinder" deal of deploying in the position behind a forest. Cannon and what infantry I had went right, anticipating they'll need to clear out any models that hide from the Galleon via the pillar terrain.

Troll Deploy: Intermingled infantry blob with Long Riders on the right. Beasts deploy across from the Galleon.

IPB Image
Merc 1: I do some shock and awe moves, casting Hotshot and running models forward. Eat your heart out Edison, I'm the inventor here.

IPB Image
Troll 1: Stuff runs forward, the Earthborn does his Animus and keeps the Mauler behind to stop the Drag shenanigans. Long Riders start moving up the right flank.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Life really is better without that Kriel Warrior Steady junk.
Bart feats and charges tot eh obstruction, Galleon advances, Harpoons down a Long Rider and pops several infantry. Two Nomads move up in front of Bart, ready to either go deep into the Trolls as sacrificial pieces or clear out stuff that gums them up.
Third Nomad moves through the rubble to end up next to the Galleon inside Barts feat.
The Cannon Crew feel the disappointment of having to move a second turn. It was awful.
Devil's Shadow and Co just hang around behind the pillar.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Sep 20 2016, 10:21 AM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 19 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #110

IPB Image
Troll 2: Bart's feat laughs at your puny Vengeance! Until later turns when it can do stuff.
The remaining Kriel Warriors jam forward, the Long Riders run around the side.
The Earthborn was an inch shy of being able to charge the nearest Nomad (Definitely as intended....) so just does the anti-Harpoon tech again.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Clear the zone and score time.
Centre Nomads and various support solos kill the Kriel warriors in the zone plus the Objective.
Galleon jiggles around, lines up on the Kriel stone. Rolls minimal shot. I shoot one at the Kriel stone, one at group of three Fennblades and boost the Harpoon at a Long Rider.
Every shot misses.
The scattering AoE's cause two Fennblades to tough and one to die. Not an ideal 39 point activation.
I forget to Moneyshot the Cannon, consequently he misses a Long Rider.
Remaining Nomad on the right moves into the Long Riders, kills one and puts two on three boxes.

Mercs go to 3 CP.1

IPB Image
Troll 3: Madrak throws up Warpath, Blood Furies the Fennblades. Charges a Nomad and rolls poorly.
The last Kriel sasquatch stands up after falling down last round, kills Morland. Somehow that happened because he's RAT 4, I'm sure of it.
Fennblades charge in to the two Nomads, Left one gets reduced to a single Cortex box, right one takes some scratches.
The Galleon saved from the Warpath move I'd totally forgotten about, the Earthborn instead settles for getting Raged, charge the relatively healthy Nomad and easily bins it like a cheap soda can.
Long Riders swing impotently, aside from the unengaged Free Agent who goes into the back of the zone (Photo shows him in the back forest, changed end position after the pic).

IPB Image
Mercs 4: Got to clear four Fennblades and a Long Rider for the scenario win. We can do that.
Cortex box Nomad has a bunch of focus, moves to a good spot, kills one Fennblade and causes another to tough.
The Galleon then slams the Nomad over the remaining here Fennblades.
Turns our they are a Hard people, living Hard times, with the "Hard" rule, which I didn't even know was a thing. Turns out they are immune to Collateral damage.
Running the Galleon like a pro. He buys a single Melee attack to knock down another Fennblade.
Cannon aims with Moneyshot,Slams the contesting Long Rider away.
Bart Sprays and Zira attacks manage to get the job done.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Sep 20 2016, 10:22 AM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 20 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #111

Member No.: 4,171

ARE THESE BETA-SCREENSHOTS FROM THE NEW 'CATARACTS SIMULATOR: 2016' GAME!?

How good is Madrak2 these days?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 20 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #112

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 20 2016, 10:03 AM) *

ARE THESE BETA-SCREENSHOTS FROM THE NEW 'CATARACTS SIMULATOR: 2016' GAME!?

Signed an NDA, cannot confirm nor deny tongue.gif

Probably doesn't helped I missed a Troll deploy pic and I've been to lazy so far to fix it.

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 20 2016, 10:03 AM) *

How good is Madrak2 these days?

Excellent against not-my-lists. Outright abusive into infantry spam.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 23 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #113

Day of Moonshine, tripped into some Martkaar doodz.

Having not learned squat, I've failed to click that all the local Cryx is currently running kill-the-leader-dude, so I floated out Captain Coma-bod.
Thexus1 - 3x Wreckers, 3x Wardens, Subduer, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators

Insert Pirate joke attack! (Go on.....enjoy some insertion....)
Aiakos2 - Nightmare, Bathroom, Reaper, Slayer, Statistics Raiders + Middle Manager, Statistic Captain of marketing, Withershadow Combine, 2x Warwitch Sirens, Bonejack

Incursion, both sides have a hill, there's Rubble and a cloud in the guts, a couple superfluous walls and forests elsewhere on the table.

What's that? Cataract style photo is best photo? Say no more! (In theory this'll be fixed for the Saturday tourney....)

IPB Image
Cryx Deploy: Cryx win the roll, select first alas.
Satyxis on the right, jacks on the left.
One Proxy, the AD metal blob (Deathjack) is Barathrum.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I picked this side out of laziness. Also because it's cool to be wrong? I didn't take into account that the Reaper has drag, the side with the Cover providing wall would have been vastly superior.
Thexus leans to the left, then it's the Wrestling Posse in a cheesy 80's line up (Picturing the commercial now. Madam, which of these Body-built-by-surgery guys stole your massage oil?).

IPB Image
Cryx 1: The stuff runs up. Nightmare Preys the Subduer, Barathrum gets Assail, Nightmare gets Scything Touch. Statistics Raiders space out.

IPB Image
Merc 1: I ready my usual turn of Eliminator stabbing, TK's and Slams.
The left most Warden Slams forward, I then conclude I've stuff this up royally.
Cryx has advanced far enough, and I have such a small threat range advantage (With both feats accounted for I threat 16 to his 15, assuming we both get off our relevant abilities, being TK's for me and a cycling Assail for the Undead chumps).
What I ought to have done, as astutely observed by Robinator, was allocate out with Thexus given the Monstrosities only needed to do walks.
Instead it's the substandard version of that, with stabs then walks. I decide to try baiting the Cryx feat for a few Heavies. I've also clicked that the Reaper has drag at this point, so I'll have to place Wardens such that they can stop the drag in and kill.
The Warden is going to be killed regardless, so I opt to move the Subduer into Assail/Feat range of Bathroom. I'll happily go town two heavies initially, especially if it burns the opposing feat.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 23 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #114

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Assassination I didn't expect time!
The Bonejack runs up, Aiakos feats, does two White Squalls. There are three Monstrosities around Thexus, plan is to thtrow two of them away, use Barathrum to kill the third then drag Thexus in with the Reaper.
Both White Squalls hit, fortunately one of them doesn't get thrown out of Sac Pawn range and the plan is torpedoed. Well, sac Pawned anyway.
Barathrum swings in and kills the Subduer anyway, unfortunate but I didn't die so that's fine by me. Prey moves to Thexus.
Reaper/Nightmare hang around the centre flag, Slayer goes to the right one.
Statistic Raiders run and jam, with a single charge on a Wrecker for some free focus.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Plan is to kill Barathrum, the Slayer and as many Satyxis as possible.
One unit of Eliminators go, feed up the left most Wrecker with one while another goes up to engage the Arc Node and Bathroom, Countercharges on Thexus being bad news.
Thexus then floats across, feats the Satyxis into a glorious pile, Slayer forward, Nightmare/Reaper back out of Assail charge range. Then arcs a TK to move the Slayer up and spin him around.
Pair of Agitators left (One died to a White Squall flying Monstrosity) go up to the relevant locations and Instigate.
Right most Wrecker goes up and Thresher's, killing about five Satyxis, bought attacks eat the Slayer.

Left most Wrecker charges Barathrum, I need 6's.
Marmite starts saying "Miss" as I make my attack rolls. Don't do that people, it's fine once or twice, on the fourth failed attack it becomes a lot harder to keep a sense of goodwill in the game.
The last attack hits for some damage.
The left most Warden charges up, hope is that he'll save me putting a precious Wrecker into Bathroom and death range from the remaining Cryx jacks.
The Warden lands its attacks, rolls not bad damage, leaves Barathrum on two boxes.

One in Cortex.
One in its right arm.
In easy walk range of Thexus.

I have to put the final Wrecker in now, first I have to clear off two Satyxis as a Crit Knockdown Free Strike would end the game.
The remaining Eliminators go, one fuels the Wrecker, the other walks up into the back arc, hits and kills one Raider, sidesteps to the other.

Misses.

Le sigh.

The last available clearance model is a Warden, who advances up and kills a single Satyxis. Quality activation of a heavy.
The Wrecker then goes in and essentially auto kills Barathrum.

At the time I thought I was destined to lose the attrition war at this point, Nightmare can Assail in and kill a Warden/Wrecker, the Reaper can stay safely back and drag in to murder the other Warden.
Looking at it out now and talking about it afterwards, while Cryx could definitely do such a thing leaving me with support and two Monstrosities, I do pull ahead as I'll then kill Nightmare and the remaining Satyxis and end well in the lead model wise. Ergo...

IPB Image
Cryx 3:...it's White Squall assassination attempt #2!
Plan is to run the Arcnode around, Reaper drag in a Monstrosity, White Squall Thexus into Assail charge range of Nightmare.
Satyxis unit have a go, two of them go into the Eliminator engaging the Arc Node and fail to hit. The Captain then activates and shows them how it's done by shanking her in the back.
Arc Node runs to the pre-measured point.
Reaper moves up, does the drag shot into the Wrecker. Hits.
I Shield Guard with the Warden and the plan crumbles.
had focus been allocated differently, taking the warwitch Power up into account, Aiakos could have done a double White Squal and put up Assail (Needed to put Assail on and Squal the Wrecker then Thexus). Measured and rolled it out, would have worked.
In any event the Cryxites bowed out, from here I either kill Aiakos or every warjack, once I pop the Arc Node Thexus can hang far enough back to be safe.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

Note to self: THEXUS SQUISHY. AVOID ASSASSINATION STUFF.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 23 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #115

Jolty time!

Trying to work out what Bart list I want to go with, still rocking the early version, though I'm not convinced it's the most powerful iteration. Blah blah blah Kingmakers blah blah Kei$ha blah blah have to paint Trenchers.

Bart1 - Galleon, 3x Nomads, Reinholdt, Taryn, Commodore Cannon, Rockbottom, Devil's Shadow

Pickup game into that pile of gears people commanded by ye old Chrisanthenum.
Aurora1 - 2x Shield Guardy floaty jacks, Corollary, Obstructors, Angels, Perforators, Eradicators, Attunement Servitors, Elimination Servitors, Enigma Foundry x2, Shield Guard solo x2

Outflank, which I like to think of as one of the more balanced scenario's. Well, in the context of usually forcing a turn 4+ game with a slower scenario threat, so balance is probably the wrong distinction to apply.

We've got a couple hills, forests and an Obstruction, wall and shallow water set up.

Merc Deploy: I won the roll and swung first. Going second with Bart is lame.
Per the usual, Galleon gets plonked behind the forest. My Jacks are all weighted to the left side, Cannon and infantry to the right (There isn't a huge amount the Devil's Shadow can contribute this game).

CoC Deploy: Fairly symmetrical line, Obstructors in the middle, pew pew medium bases on the left, sidestep unit on the right (Note that I didn't realise they were different unit types, thought both were the shooting guys).
Angels went on the left side across from my jacks, so that was a little suboptimal.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Everything runs up. I strongly consider throwing the Commodore with a Nomad, then decide it isn't worth having a Nomad so far behind when it is one of the models that has to perform.
Devil's Shadow run far enough to the right that they escape the soul stealing photograph.
Galleon gets Hot Shot, Bart throws up Batten because why not.

CoC 1: The cost of not as bad photos is apparently that I'll forget to take them. Alas.
The Clockotrons run up.
Aurora puts up I-can't-believe-it's-not-Transference, sits in the centre behind the Obstructors with the Corrolary in front of her.
Both zones get some Medium bases and a Vector in them, the right zone has the jack go behind a wall, on the left he goes up on a hill with a Shield Guard solo behind and Angels in front.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Aurora is on no camp and within one inch of the Corrolary, so potentially have a 95% assassination of slamming the light over her then moving up and shooting her with the Galleon.
Alas, the Commodore is short by an inch. No regrets on that Nomad throw plan, none whatsoever.
I contemplate moving up the Galleon and doing a couple fully boosted shots, but the Harpoon is out of range and if I roll minimum attack amounts it's a might 16.15% assassination run, so sod that, pretty sure I've got better long game odds than that.
Regardless of all that, the plan is simple enough. Charge Bart up with feat, shoot something with the Galleon, contest the zones.
On the right side, the Devil's Shadow leg it back to the left. They were just futzing around, there wasn't a plan for them really.
Rockbottom gives the Devil's tough and the Cannon Money Shot.
Cannon tries to Slam the Vector behind the wall, needs a five, misses. Sod.
Taryn moves to the centre of the board, misses both shots.
Galleon moves up, rolls three shots. First two blow up the Corralary, the second misses the left Enigma foundry but cranks the Damage roll to put points on, Harpoon kills an Obstructor for giggles.
Bart casts Barrage, giving the Galleon a mini shot that hits and kills the relevant Enigma Foundry, feats and moves up.
Nomads run, one to be on the left of the Galleon, one in front of Bart, one toeing the right zone.

Not ideal positioning. My expectation that the medium bases where the same meant that I erroneously thought the right most Nomad was going to get messed up by armour piercing shots, when this was not the case.

IPB Image
CoC 2: Everythiing either stays still or moves up to the edge of Barts Control area.
The Angels and left medium base unit, being the actual Pew Pewers, lands eight boxes of damage on the Galleon after some miserable rolling.
Admonition goes on the right Vector, Aurora decides to walk back and hide in the forest outside of the Galleon's line of sight.
Servitors run up the extreme right, threatening the Commodore in future turns.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Simple enough, I'll clear out the left and start scoring, throwaway some token contesting models. Need to keep those Nomads working, though I did contemplate moving one into the mob of stuff in the right zone.
To clear the let zone I have to kill a Servitor, the Angels, a Vector and three of the Medium base chumps.
The Cannon starts, using a Slam shot to kill two of the Mediums, one of which was in the zone.
Fully loaded Galleon advances to min scatter ranges, shoots down the Angels, drags in the Vector. Gets a shot on the Servitor, which gets guarded by the solo outside of the zone, who then dies to said shot. Bought attacks easily kill the Vector.
The two Nomads on the left side then advance and finish clearing the zone.
Bart moves across, casts Batten, hangs in the zone.
Nomad that was toeing the right runs across to be in front of Bart, Devil's Shadow charge into some stuff on the bottom of the right zone and primarily just flail away.

Mercs go to 2 CP.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 23 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #116

IPB Image
CoC 3: Auriora casts Aerogenesis, feats, hides behind a wall in the right zone.
The Servitors move up and kill the Commodore Cannon crew.
Medium based peeps remaining kill Morland and Mar then hang around.
Obstructors run/charge into the left zone, three of them swing on Bart but don't break his armour.
The Vector runs across but not into the left zone.

Scores level at 2 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 4: I'm ahead on the score train, just got to keep plugging that.
I fully load one Nomad, who clears out the five Obstructors around Bart.
The other Nomads move around, allowing the Galleon to move up, harpoon the Vector, drag it in and easily kills it.
Zira and Reinholdt run to contest the zone.

Mercs go to 4 CP versus 2.

IPB Image
CoC 4: Bits and pieces activate, about halfway CoC concedes. Fair enough, there isn't really a way to stop me from getting the scenario win, two Nomads are in charge or run range of the right zone and the Galleon easily clears them off, while nothing will survive in the left zone.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

Plan is to drop Taryn at this point. Triple Nomad has worked out alright and I don't own a horde of Talons, so will probably add Anastasia (Going first with the list is very helpful) and either repair or Lannysa.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 26 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #117

Typing these tourney reports out while trying to watch the WTC stream, so good luck getting coherency out of this stuff.

Had the first ever Kapital Kup qualifier, essentially a bunch of tourneys with the top 2 winners of each going into the finals event at....some point in the nebulous future?

One or two list but with no Divide and Conquer, so no reason to not bring two lists.

I contemplated various Bart builds, then the day before decided sod it and threw in Gorten to partner with Thexus. The Gorten list is my old standby with a Bunny and Bashers dropped for Drillers, Tinker and Ragman. Thexus is the same old Monstrosity horde. One day I'll paint my Drudges, but it is not this day.

Game we have some sweet Outflank action, one of those scenario's I like but getting the zones out is like...hard....man....

Into Jeffocraft, sure he was thrilled with another game to add to our mighty tally tongue.gif. He's running a single list:
Xekaar1 - Gladiator, Cannoneer, Brute, Marketh, 2x Brigands + Warlord (One Min, one Max), Paingivers, Taskmaster, Orin, Venator Catapult

At the time I had the impression it was going to be play each list once, ten players for three rounds meaning I'd be better off getting Thexus out of the way as Gorten doesn't have the same potential bad matchups (i.e. dying to Khadoran Murder Pony Squads).

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I won the roll and picked first. Table isn't awful for me.
I get the side with a forest and rubble, the left zone is filled with clouds.
I assign two Wardens and a Wrecker to the left cloudy zone, the rest to the right.
The two white rectangles are the Prey markers from the Brigands that end up across from them, each selecting a Wrecker.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: That green bloke lost in the wilderness was deployed late, ends up behind the right Brigands.
Skorne picked the side with a very useable hill and a trench across from the rubble in the right zone.
Min Brigands go on the left, beasts central, max Brigands and Catapult to the right.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Eliminators stab, stuff runs up. I take care this time around to ensure the Elimiantors are in range to walk and stab various Monstrosities.
The left Preyed Wrecker runs up, feeling out how the Min Brigands will go.
The right Wrecker, Preyed by the max Brigand unit, runs toward the centre.

IPB Image
Skorne1: Things advance, Xekaar goes on the hill.
Brigands advance around at the top of the zones, right unit being larger can't help but be more forward.
Cannoneer does Animus, boosts to hit the forward Wrecker, somehow misses. I was really hoping for a hit and damage to give a Hyper Aggressive advance, oh well.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 26 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #118

IPB Image
Merc 2: Not enough value in feating this turn, so plan is to contest the zones and wait for Skrne to advance, take some hits then smash face.
The Brigands are cagey enough that I decide to forego giving them the option of cycling Prey, so the Wreckers swap sides. Left zone gets a pair of Wardens toeing, right one gets a Warden in the middle and a Wrecker that didn't quite make it into the Rubble.
Thexus bravely floats behind the forest in Sac Pawn range of three heavies....
One Cloud goes away.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: On the right, Brigands hog Wild, do some pew pews, three charge a Warden and do poorly. One of the shots also causes the Wrecker to shuffle into the Rubble all proper like.
The Heavies tick on the hill, did not irrelevant pew pewing.
Xekarr moves to toe the left zone, does a double Mortality to get both Wardens contesting the left zone, maltreats to camp one. Orin moves to be a couple inches behind him.
The Brigands then shoot the Wardens, who Hyper Aggresive up the zone and engage. The Brute then charges one, lops off his arms.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Xekaar is on one camp. He forgot to feat, pretty sure I'd kill him with it anyway, so it is time to die.
Left most Agitator advances and Instigates.
The most forward Warden, being quite undamaged, walks across and throws a Brigand at Xekaar knocking him over. Simplified everything.
Thexus moves up, feat pushes everything around, specifically pushes Orin away from Xekaar, allowing him to be TK'ed and turned around for lols, then Monstrosities get TK'ed forward.
Centre Agitator advances into forest and Instigates.
Subduer moves up, hits Xekaar, drags him in and easily munches him

IPB Image
Me on the left.

I do have a pet Xekaar list I want to try (Min Grinders, Gladiator, 2x Titan, 3x Cannoneer), with the key being that Xekaar casts once. Everytime I've played against Xekaar and he's given into the temptation to cast a second spell he pops. And come on, Pursuit has to worth casting dammit.

Regardless, sweet early end game to stay out of the funsies bracket.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 26 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #119

Game 2, into Southinthetank. Still streaming, lower your expectation further than normal, etc.

Still have Gorten and Thexus, the Elvidors are rocking Ossyan and Garryth.

Concerned that Gorten gets lasered off the board by Ossyan, I dropped Thexus thinking his anti shoot tech would be better.

It's Garryth. Whoops.

Thexus seven Monstrosities list. The army that has Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.

Garryth1 - Sphinx, Manticore, Chimera, Destors, a bunch of Arcanists, Invictors, speedmoving magicky solo guy
Objective: Fuel Cache

Scenario is Entrenched, I got put on the same table so same Terrain jumbled around somewhat.

IPB Image
Ret 1: Ret win the die, nab first.
The Destors get mirage, go into the left zone behind the cloud.
Everything else hangs relatively back, the magic whippy solo man in front of the Cricket.

IPB Image
Merc 1: I deployed Thexus a bit to far from the right, so after everything moves up he casts Decel and can't get quite behind the forest as I'd planned.
Otherwise Monstrosites spread out, usual mess of support figures behind.

Ret 2: Skipped the pic, essentially I'd not taken Mirage into account so a Destor pops into the cloud and I get to live in fear.
Whippy solo gets out of the way of the Cricket, Arc Node walks up.
Garryth advances forward, feats, arcs a Gallows through the Chimera, hits Thexus and drags into contact with a Monstrosity.
Sphinx I think moves up, does a shot on Thexus that I palm off to the Wrecker who Hyper Aggresives forward a bit.
At this point the assassination run fizzles out due to misapplied order of activation.
It comes down to a single Destor charging Thexus. Lands the hit, I can't focus reduce the damage.
Puts Thexus on 5 boxes. Eep.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Kill kill kill! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!
Thexus feats to free up the assassination run. Can't spend focus but Garryth isn't camping anything, so should be fine.
Thexus backpedals up, TK's a bunch of my things.
Left Warden runs up to be 2.5 inch from Garryth, left most Wrecker then Slams him. I land the hit and get the Slam distance thankfully, after that the centre Wrecker charges for free to Aggresive Reaction and one shots Garryth.

IPB Image
Me on the left.

If we immediately played a rematch I'd lose nearly every time. This should have been Gorten, who I'm unsure of into Ossyan. Some sweet sweet chickenage.

In any event, I luck out and am at 2-0.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 26 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #120

Third round, pair down lost so this is the finals. Juicy.

Confirmed at this point that there was no list played requirement, ended up being into Jacladur's Trolls so content with either list into the totally-not-native-American-parrelel peeps.

List choice became scenario based, if it was something enclosed then it would be Gorten.

TO rolled up Linebreaker.
Every one in attendance protested.
Switched to Incursion.

I'm content in this scenario with Gorten list, but at this point I wasn't super keen on playing a list I hadn't really tested, so sod it, return of the Squiddies!

It's either Doomy2 beast brick or Madrak2 with infantry. I'd outright expected Doomy2, forgetting the last game where Rampager gave me a lot of play into Doomy3, causing ye old Troll brain to pop down the net's current favourite hatred (Based on Wurmwood mocking early in the WTC, give it time).

Madrak2 - Mauler, Earthborn, Stones + UA, Fennblades + UA, Fennblade Kithkaar, 2x Warders, Fell Caller Hero

Start by rolling a six for the die rolls. It begins. I pick first.

Near similar table for whatever reason. Oh well. Clouds in the guts, forest on my side, hill on the opposing area.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: It's a line of mah doodz.

IPB Image
Troll Deploy: It's a brick of not my doodz.
Mauler right, Dire Troll left? I think?

IPB Image
Merc 1: Stabbings, Psycho Surgery, TK's. Magic. Front heavies stay in walk and stab range of Eliminators. Wreckers most forward.
Thexus goes behind the trees, though they lack relevancy.

IPB Image
Troll 1: The Fennblades run up in two lines, about four inches between them, hoping to make me waste my feat.
Madrak moves up at the head of a solid literal brick of Warders flanked by the heavies with Stones up back.
Kithkar dudette goes behind that forest on the right.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 10:19 AM