Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Southern Shrike Bowl - 21st & 22nd August, SA's Biggest Blood Bowl Tournament
Olaf the Stout
post Jul 20 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,481

Hi all,

With Southern Shrike Bowl less than a month away I have some good news and some bad news.

First of all the bad news. Due to work commitments Michael (Spieroz) is unable to organise the tournament this year and may also not be able to attend.

The good news is that the tournament will still be going ahead as planned on August 21 & 22. I (Adam) have taken over running Southern Shrike Bowl again this year and will once again be assisted by Casper (AKA Vain).

Ticket prices for this year's tournament are unchanged from last year's price of $40 for those signing up before the end of July. After the end of July ticket prices increase to $45.

Here are the links to the Coach's Pack and Registration Form for this year's tournament:

Coach's Pack
Registration Form

Note: Unfortunately I don't currently have access to the SSB website so I am unable to upload these files to the website. As a stop-gap measure I have got the files hosted on the Games Quest website. If the links are no longer working for you let me know and I can put a fresh set up or send you the files via e-mail.

Once you have filled in the registration for could you please e-mail it to ac_marafioti@hotmail.com. Please do not send your registration forms to the SSB Hotmail account as I do not have access to the account and Michael is currently away for work and will not be able to check any e-mails sent there.

Southern Shrike Bowl is currently SA's major tournament of the year. This is the tournament's 3rd year, and last year we had over 20 coaches competing for titles including Tournament Champion, Best Painted, Most Valuable Coach and many others. In addition to competing for various titles, the player (not the Coach, but the player) voted the MVP of the tournament will have a limited edition miniature sculpted and join the Southern Shrike Bowl Hall of Fame. The 2009 SSB MVP mini, human catcher Shamus "Hellspawn" O'Reiley, will be available to buy at the tournament.

This year, in addition to 6 games of Blood Bowl over the 2 days, we will also be holding a casual gaming night on the Saturday night. So bring along your favourite card or board games to play on the Saturday after the day's Blood Bowl matches have been completed. Those people not attending the actual tournament are more than welcome to come along on the Saturday night for the casual gaming but there will be a nominal fee. If you could let me know what board/card games you plan to bring along with you for the Saturday night it would be appreciated.

I really encourage everyone to come to the tournament. It's a really fun weekend, with friendly people playing Blood Bowl in the right spirits, and it's a great place to learn some more Blood Bowl if you're a new player!

Please feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM if you have any further questions. Otherwise I will see you all at the tournament.

Adam Marafioti AKA Olaf the Stout

This post has been edited by Olaf the Stout: Jul 22 2010, 03:06 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gormath
post Jul 22 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,373

I'll be there. As for what I am likely to be taking... Well they are not very big and they are green.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olaf the Stout
post Jul 22 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Looks like we may have our first competitor for the Stunty trophy! biggrin.gif

Last year the Stunty trophy was awarded to a Halfling coach due to him having the only Stunty team in the tournament. Hopefully there will be a bit of competition for the trophy this year.

Olaf the Stout
+Quote Post
Olaf the Stout
post Jul 27 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #4

For those of you still thinking about entering, you may like to know that the prize pool is expected to be healthy again this year. Unless the number of attendess doubles from last year I can guarantee that every single player will get a prize pick. There will be several full teams up for grabs as prizes as well as gaming vouchers from a number of stores. Currently the sponsors include:

Impact Miniatures
Rolljordan Miniatures
Shadowforge Miniatures
GamingDragon.com
Back-2-Base-ix
Military Simulations
CNC Workshop

Thanks to Reaper and the Sandgroper Cup there is even a Gobbo Chainsaw in the prize pool! smile.gif

So get your teams in to me now. The Coach's Pack and Registration form can be downloaded here:

Coach's Pack
Registration Form

If you have any further questions PM me or send an e-mail to ac_marafioti@hotmail.comac_marafioti@hotmail.com

Olaf the Stout
+Quote Post
Olaf the Stout
post Aug 4 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Due to the delay in getting the Coach's Pack out this year I have decided to extend the $40 early sign-up price until this Friday.

Prizes are looking extremely healthy again this year with every single coach guaranteed a prize pick. There are several full teams as part of the prize support as well as individual minis from a number of different miniature companies. On top of that we have vouchers for GamingDragon.com, MilSims and Back-2-Base-ix and paint racks and dice towers from CNC Workshop.

In addition to the prizes, every single player will recieve a pair of d6's courtesy of GamingDragon.com and, providing they arrive from overseas in time, a unique Australian-themed sideline miniature, perfect for your Australiana team. I will have more details on the mystery sideline miniature in the near future.

Olaf the Stout
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 06:16 AM