Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star Realms
Olaf the Stout
post Oct 9 2014, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,481

Has anyone here played Star Realms? It's a deckbuilding game with a spaceship theme.

I've not played many deckbuilding games before (either like Magic, where you build your deck and then play, or like Dominion, where you build your deck during play), but this game hooked me right away.

A guy I work with gave me a few games one lunchtime. It's very fast to learn and to play. I was able to pick up the game in the space of 5-10 minutes and we got through 3 games in about 90 minutes. Now that I've played half a dozen times, 3 games probably take 60 minutes or less.

Dominion didn't grab me immediately, but I ordered a copy of this game the day after I played it for the first time. It's not super-deep in regards to strategy but, at the same time, play time is so quick that it lets you try out a number of different strategies in a short period of time. If your strategy doesn't work out you've only wasted 20 minutes.

Definitely recommend.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Nov 29 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,112

I have a couple decks of the game and tried to get the Australia importers - Good Games to get in the 2 official expansions for it - Crisis and Gambit. They did not even know they could get them in. A few months later I talked to one of their higher reps at a gaming convention and he said he would look into getting them.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 11:46 AM