Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2000 pts Orktoberfest lists, Decisions decisions - what should I take?
fofjunior
post Sep 28 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,506

Okay, so I'm trying to make up my mind regarding a list for Orktoberfest so I can punch out what I have to paint. Not too worried about winning or losing but would really appreciate any comments on liat effectiveness or alternatives.

Liat 1

Outrider detachment DA

HQ
Sammael on corvex
Libarian on bike

Troops
5 x scouts with camo cloaks ( 3 x sniper )

Fast
5 x black knights
Huntmaster

5 x black knights
Huntmaster

Darkshroud

Heavy
Whirlwind

Flyer
2 x Dark talons

FW
Heavy
Land raider proteus (explorator augary web) The web stops units deep striking, grac chuting etc within 12" of the vehicle.

List 2 (Same as 1st list with the following changes )

Scouts get bumped to 6 (missle launcher added and snipers to 5)

Land raider replaced with Leviathan dreadnought ( 2 x grav bombard or maybe 1 replaced with storm cannon )

List 3 (same as 1st with the following changes )

Leviathan dreadnought replaces land raider

Ravenwing apothecary replaces Libarian

Whirlwind gets dropped.

Vindicare assassin gets added and scouts get bumped to 10 (8 snipers and ML).

Hope that all makes sense.

--------------------
Quote of wisdom - Semper Fidelis

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Sep 30 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Any suggestions, likes dislikes?

--------------------

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
+Quote Post
beasovich
post Sep 30 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24

Are you going to combat squad the list 3 scout squad.

I really don't know what people are going to bring to this event tbh. But I think the more mid strength or higher stuff you have the better. Do you have the extra storm cannon a double dakka version will shred most units or medium armoured vehicles/monsters with the 2 wounds a shot.

I do think there will be a lot of pyschic going around at the moment. The new guard dex is certainly going to bring out a lot of armour and tarpit troops still.

Cheers
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Oct 1 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #4

Thanks Jase.

Unfortunately I only ordered the 2 grav bombard and the 1 storm cannon.

Mainly because I was looking for a way to deal with hordes and monstrous creatures and vehicles. I figured that the bombards plus hurricane bolters will deal with hordes okay. The bombards can deal with vehicles doing 5 damage each and I thought the -5 Ap would be better.

The 2 wound models I will leave to overcharging the plasmas with Sammael nearby for rerolls.

Actually looking at list 3 I don't think it's legal as the leviathan is by itself in the heavy slot.

I had another list with 2 x DK but I think it was also illegal as I took the landraider proteus as 1 heavy and the DK as the other normal heavy. I don't think GK have access to forgeworld.

Is that how it works? Or can I just take any forgeworld and fit it in?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Oct 4 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #5

Oops, actually I ordered 2 x storm cannon and 2 x grav bombard armata_PDT_04.gif

Anyone run these? Which would be better in these lists?

--------------------

+Quote Post
beasovich
post Oct 8 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #6

I haven't built mine yet but was thinking of either 2 x storm cannon or CCW and Storm if I wanted it to be combat orientated.

Played in a small 2k tourny up here in T'ville today and the mix of armies seems to be either h/weapons strong to massed horded with fire power.

It will also come down to how people play the new mission types were using as you could quite easily look to win of the mission types and get a minor in the tertairy I expect.

But we'll have to wait and see.
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Oct 9 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #7

Hmmm hadn't thought of combat....

I'm most likely not going to get to run it anyway as I think my son wants to put it in his list dry.gif

Trying to get some of my fortress of redemption painted up so the battle board looks different - decided to put lights inside and not to sure after drilling out over 500 holes for the skulls eyes that it was a good idea tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beasovich
post Oct 9 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #8

Might be quicker Gaz i'd say. But your display boards are always great to see.

Cheers
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Oct 12 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Thanks Jase biggrin.gif

You know I finished building it today and I just realized that about 160 eyes or so in the main tower will be covered by other parts of the fortress - doh sad.gif

It's a big job and I'm sweating on some led's that I've ordered from the UK getting here before the tournie.

Still no idea what I'm running - my son's now decided he wants to play adeptus mechanicus so he's also trying to build and paint in a frenzy.

Looking forward to it though biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2020 - 07:26 PM